PDA

View Full Version : It can't be THAT bad there, can it?

12-26-2007, 08:34 PM
I've wanted to work there for quite some time, and I plan on applying. I have 2 years experience up in the panhandle, but there's no opportunity for money here. Reading some of the threads in here has me concerned. I tend to keep to myself, hump my calls, and write my tickets, but a lot of the topics in here indicate that I could be targeted or get jammed up for no reason at all. Any truth to this? How badly do you guys need officers down there? I don't get mixed up in BS, I just want to work and go home at the end of the night. Tell me it's not quite as bad as it seems.

12-26-2007, 09:27 PM
At the risk of being called a kool aid drinker----- :(

The department has been & continues to go thru some struggles, mostly due to some questionable decisions being made by senior management of the city and PD. Some promotions have raised questions, as well as disciplinary items & spending tickets- like millions of $$$ for car cameras. We have also been working w.out a contract for several months now & negotiations have been "difficult".

However, in spite of what has been posted on this site, there are some great officers in the agency & the city is in a pretty unique area too. This place is very diverse- intepret that as you see fit. Housing is very expensive, as are insurance rates.

If you travel to some of the other Broward agency sites, you'll see similar postings about their agencies too so take them all w.a grain of salt.

12-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Crime is aweful here and the current rules don't allow us to do the job so come over to work here but plan to sit in your car not doing anything and you will be fine, you can make good money eventually housing is rediculous here though, any reasonable house is in the 300k area.