PDA

View Full Version : New Staff

12-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Does anybody know who got the new Officer positions? I heard they interviewed, one female still in the academy, one ex-Polk Co. Deputy and one guy for the Reserves. Did any of them get through all their tests? Just wondering since there is some talk out there.

12-26-2007, 09:34 PM
I heard that none of the three will be hired for full-time or reserves. This will probably make the no-timer rookies happy since two of the three have more experience than most of them. Way to go Chief, keep the staff young and inexperienced so you can control their every move.

01-09-2008, 02:56 AM
yeah and then promote the young and inexperienced into sergeants so they can make really stupid decisions......

01-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Easy FTO R.H.....you'll get your stripes I'm sure.....No resason to get testy.....

03-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Same circus, different clowns

03-06-2008, 10:07 PM
i heard there are some new hires comin through

03-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Unless they got stars or bars it won't do no good. They should be warned to stay away from the corruption.

03-07-2008, 03:42 AM
Isn't it funny how none of the three from the last process get hired, but all of a sudden someone's neighbor's boyfriend makes it and gets hired.......... :?

03-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Well I don't know about all of that but I hear that the new guy comes with some experience and is a pretty good guy. He didn't hire himself so give him a chance. You should be lucky that they are filling the slot. I'm sure someone will have something slick to say but I guess that's the problem with a "Public" posting site.

03-07-2008, 06:02 PM
someones neighbor that sucks. its all political

03-07-2008, 10:02 PM
I happen to agree that the new individual the department plans to hire seems to be a very good guy, plus he comes with experience. But more importantly he comes with a certain level of maturity that the majority of officers and some sergeants who are currently employed, do not seem to have.

One can only hope that this individual, once he starts to work, can see through the bulls@#t those individuals are spewing (because ZPD is such a "hostile" and corrupt place to work) and form his own opinions about those who currently work with the police department.

03-07-2008, 11:51 PM
i thought only new guys were hired that way the chief could control them. he must know this guy

03-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Welcome aboard, ZPD is a good place to work with only a handful of negative Officers who spew venom because they are unhappy with their lives in general. The department is moving in a good direction and hopefully the disgruntled individuals will either get on boad or go somewhere else and find out just how good they really did have it. It won't take him too long to figure out who the small percentage of haters are, everybody else has.

03-08-2008, 02:16 PM
The alpha squad needs to stop wasting city time posting and reading leo affairs and start doing there job.

03-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Here here!!

03-09-2008, 08:08 AM
when does the newbie start better prep him for all of this

03-10-2008, 05:48 PM
wander what the new guy did to get his entire ride paid for....academy paycheck gas to and from....he must be really good.

03-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Boy, somebody ruffled the preacher man's feathers...

03-11-2008, 07:23 PM
yeah that makes sense instead of hiring well qualified people that can start now and cost the city less during a time of tax cuts and budget problems lets hire people we can spend more money on and take a chance of him or her not making it through the academy. Which he or she will only stay at zephyrhills for a couple years and then jump ship. Good idea lets take care of others and do favors instead of looking out for our own people.

03-12-2008, 12:05 AM
What a bunch of cry babys, wah wah wah, look what someone got and I didn't get a new rattle. Do you guys have any idea how childish and idiotic you sound. If the new guy is smart someone will turn him on to this post so he can see what he is getting into. I can't really blame this on being a public bulletin board since someone has pretty specific information. This post is for all to see and yes we had a good laugh at your agency in roll call. Send him over or any other good Officers you have there ( I am sure there are many). Be thankful you have a LEO job which many would want. If you are not happy or can't seem to mind your own business instead of everybody elses, go somewher else, see how nice you actually do have it.

03-12-2008, 02:41 AM
clearly you are not a citizen or you would be very interested to know why they are wasting your taxes that you pay. Don't you think they could get someone just as qualified or clearly more qualified due to not being certified. This is a complete waste of money. Also it's not putting anyone on the street to help the under staffed police dept. just something to think about.

03-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Well I am a citizen and a taxpayer of the city along with being a retired Police Officer, still working by the way. I do understand the need to watch how our money is spent and definitely putting the staff on the street, all good points. What I don't understand is why the new guy is getting blasted on here. He obviously passed all the tests, got administrations ok along with the City Managers seal of approval. They obviously see something in him, hopefully the potential to be an assett to the Department, which by the way sounds like they need some help with maturity in the ranks by some of the postings on here. Just remember he didn't hire himself so be glad that your Department can and does hire needed staff, alot of agencies don't have their communities backing for that. Negative postings on here from staff hurts your Department and in turn, hurts your ability to be respected by your community and in turn do your jobs.

03-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Ok. clearly you don't understand. You just said this person got the administrations ok. That must mean that are not concerned about getting people on the street where they need to be. Nor are they concerned about their budget. About the muturity, if that is a supervisor on here making posts that means that supervisor is not having a say at the department at all. Administration is not going to their own people to find what is best for them. and just by reading the posts on here i believe this is a place to cry for help because no one is helping them. this might be the only way to voice to the public about issues. maybe one day someone will see this and go to the news about it and not zephyrhills news like the real news. its all public record and you know they would eat it up about the funds being spent.

03-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Don't you guys have criminals in Zephyrhills that you can give a hard time to instead of your Administration and a guy who hasn't even been hired yet? I'm thinking being a bad guy there is pretty safe since your focus is on everything but crime fighting, how pathetic!!

03-12-2008, 04:05 PM
actually criminals are pretty safe here because the sao won't prosecute many of zpd's cases anyway.

03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
no one has said anything bad about the "new guy". They just don't agree with the decisions being made. If you read the rest of the posts it sounds like no one else is either. Crime in zephyrhills is not bad either look at the statistics online. There are several different sites. And if you think that is a problem that would be handled by the administration.

03-12-2008, 08:22 PM
It sounds like the problems here are the same in every agency. Administrations all over in a toguh spot and if things are that bad, they will be taken care of. Every encounter I have had with the Officers of Z.P.D. have been positive, even though they have problems, they don't seem to bring it out during calls. They look professional and act professional so I have no complaints from this taxpayer. Keep working on the issues that are important to you, the right way and make this an agency that good guys and girls would want to be involved with. I am sure this is an unpopular position to tak but from an outsider looking in, I am happy with the service Z.P. D. provides. Keep up the good work!

Retired Pennsylvania Trooper

03-12-2008, 10:40 PM
the officers perform well and are nice to citizens. and of course they are nice to you(retired trooper). your not causing any of the problems you are just talking to them.

03-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Fair enough but having had the opportunity to be on Accreditation Teams that looked into alot of different LE agencies, Z.P.D. has alot less problems then alot of other agencies. For the size of your department (where you are actually a name not a number)and call volume (which is tolerable), it seems that too much time and effort are put in by some of the staff on things that really don't matter much in the "big picture." Look around alot of agencies are laying off staff and hurting for equipment and training. You guys are ahead of the curve on these things. Opportunities are tough in a small agency, do your jobs, get noticed and things will come. Keep in house stuff in house because as much as you might think the media would love to hear about what is going on (perceived or real), in the end, you will be left holding the bag and dealing with a public opinion coming from people who don't really understand what you do. Your concerns are valid and we hear them, just don't make the public feel like that is the most important thing to you as an Officer versus public service. Good luck and stay safe.

03-13-2008, 04:00 PM
zpd is not accredited

03-14-2008, 05:25 PM
actually criminals are pretty safe here because the sao won't prosecute many of zpd's cases anyway.

pretty true. apparently zpd will just "unfound" a case nowadays

03-15-2008, 01:14 AM
I hate to burst your bubble but the SAO isn't prosecuting cases from DCPD or PCSO either, so it's not just a ZPD thing. But good try at a re-direct...

03-15-2008, 10:25 PM
I hate to burst your bubble but the SAO isn't prosecuting cases from DCPD or PCSO either, so it's not just a ZPD thing. But good try at a re-direct...

It's not a SAO thing, it's a generation thing. WRITE BETTER REPORTS IF YOU WANT PROSECUTION!

03-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Good report writing starts with the training in the academy. It continues with FTO program (which leaves a lot to be desired here), and fininshes with Sgt's letting reports get through without reading them. It's not a generation thing. Another good try at a re-direct back to the good old days...........

03-17-2008, 02:00 PM
actually there classes for reports that law enforcement officers can go to. It teaches them how to word their reports to make them more effective but when you waste money on paying for new people in the academy you dont have the money to do that.

03-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Do you mean like starting a sentence with a capital letter? If I were you I wouldn't be worried about how the city spends it's money until you complete an English course and learn how to properly construct a sentence. This a great example of why this post is so entertaining, pathetic but entertaining. Get a clue Officer (that is if you are actually an Officer).

03-17-2008, 03:12 PM
I have been to the classes. The SAO loves my reports just to let you know. :D

03-17-2008, 04:04 PM
I have been to the classes. The SAO loves my reports just to let you know. :D

LOL moron

03-17-2008, 04:58 PM
i hav not ben 2 that clas e ther and the sao luvs my cayses :roll:

03-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Good for you and your SAO, maybe you both should share a ride for a refresher course.

03-17-2008, 06:20 PM
yeah maybe i should and by the way my department will pay me to go to them. :lol:

03-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Well good for you but does your department know that you are spewing venom all over Leo Affairs? Of course not because guys like you try to be infectious behind the scenes, but it doesn't really work. Any Officer that is worth anything either doesn't read this post or does it for entertainment purposes and thanks god that they don't have to work with you, that is, if you are even sworn. Good try civilian!!

03-17-2008, 08:56 PM
oh man you figured it out. you got me im a civilian spewing venom

03-17-2008, 11:34 PM
They made the last civilian a captain, so maybe this one is up for major.

03-18-2008, 12:02 AM
uh oh i see a couple of people that need to be put in time out. as everyone knows if your identity is revealed on this site the admin. (or who ever else you talk about) would make it their mission to make your life miserable.

03-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Too late, it's obvious who this disgruntled employee is...... I guess the shift change wasn't enough to make you stop, here come round 2........ by the way you asked for it

03-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Not so obvious to all of us. Why don't you elaborate....

03-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Too late, it's obvious who this disgruntled employee is...... I guess the shift change wasn't enough to make you stop, here come round 2........ by the way you asked for it

i may be on days now but it still doesent change the way things operate here.

03-19-2008, 05:30 PM
If it's so horrible go work some where else

03-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Amen. Go some other place and be miserable.

03-19-2008, 07:33 PM
OHHHHHHH OK now I know thanks

03-19-2008, 09:54 PM
The problem is he CAN'T go anywhere else, so he will stay here and TRY to infect the good Officers here. He can't but he will try. Why don't you post something worthwhile....like L.E. issues.

03-21-2008, 01:29 AM
LEO Issue: Corruption

LEO Issue: Incompetence

LEO Issue: Favoritism

LEO Issue: Racism

LEO Issue: Unfair Discipline

LEO Issue: Poor Training

LEO Issue: Morale

03-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Well there you go....so let me ask you...are you part of the problem or part of the solution? Or are you just trying o fix things by posting negative messages on Leo Affairs?

03-24-2008, 02:12 PM

Seems to me that all the above listed quote is the problem of one person. Can we guess who?

03-24-2008, 08:50 PM

Seems to me that all the above listed quote is the problem of one person. Can we guess who?

It's been the same person for four years but no ones listening. :evil:

04-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Why is it the new job posting that is up allows for someone with a law enforcement certification or a corrections officer certification who can complete a crossover, to be eligible? When we're looking at loosing takehome cars and all sorts of other things because of financial hardships, are we going to start sending all applicants to the crossover or full academy? I believe we can find better ways to spend $24,000 to $25,000 per applicant. Thanks guys......Better include it in the new job posting so it lowers suspicion about the last one. Smart thinking..... :?

04-02-2008, 02:27 AM
There seems to be a bigger picture when hiring a qualified person to fill the spot. History shows that hiring someone who is already certified doesn't necessarily mean they will work out. History also shows us that sending someone through either a crossover or full academy seems to produce hard working, positive people that stick around. Can't argue with those stats. As far as our take home cars being taken away....relax, we still have them but if it comes down to it, we are still pretty lucky. Look what we actually have to do for the pay we get. Look around other agencies are cutting back and laying off, be thankful you have a job. The tide is changing at Z.P.D., the negative attitudes are still here but little by little you all are showing your true colors and people are seeing it. Good luck and have fun at the academy!!

04-04-2008, 01:52 AM
There seems to be a bigger picture when hiring a qualified person to fill the spot. History shows that hiring someone who is already certified doesn't necessarily mean they will work out. History also shows us that sending someone through either a crossover or full academy seems to produce hard working, positive people that stick around. Can't argue with those stats. As far as our take home cars being taken away....relax, we still have them but if it comes down to it, we are still pretty lucky. Look what we actually have to do for the pay we get. Look around other agencies are cutting back and laying off, be thankful you have a job. The tide is changing at Z.P.D., the negative attitudes are still here but little by little you all are showing your true colors and people are seeing it. Good luck and have fun at the academy!!

04-04-2008, 04:54 PM

Why yes the academy is only 1/10 of the cost of the $24,000. The rest comes from his salary, benefits, retirement, etc. I'm sure you'll respond with something about not paying him a full salary until he gets out, but it's still money being spent irresposibly. And how does he pass the physical, but need surgery and get to be on light duty? What is light duty for an uncertifed officer???? Nice try to cover it up but it's not gonna work. We should turn the lights off in the department to save $5, because obviously there are no lights on anywhere else....... I beleive this covers at least three of the points quoted above......Incompetence, Favoortism, and Morale issues....Lets add a new one.......Piss poor use of taxpayers dollars........

04-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Let me guess, you think the corruption goes all the way to a medical coverup. Give me a break. You have reached a new low in posting. You are misinformed but feel comfortable enough to pass that misinformation on. Oh and by the way, instead of bashing him, why don't you call and see how he is doing, like I did and other Officers did. That is what true Officers that believe in the Leo Brotherhood do, whether you like the person or not. Or don't you subscribe to that school of thought. Sounds like you don't but like it or not, we will still do our jobs and without a secod thought, be your backup when you might need it, whether we like you or not. Something to thin about.

04-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Good deflection. Anyone with a third grade education can see that. Why don't you go ahead and raise the level of posting by giving a list of real expenses with this new hire, who you have put in the middle of this, regardless of who he is. There's no argument about the person here. If you can prove that it will only cost the city $2400, then everyone gets quiet. A few requirements for the list are a four month salary, four months of benefits, four months of retirement pay to the state, four months of equipment, academy uniforms, supplies and books oh and the fee for the class itself.

If that comes out to $2400, your job is safe, otherwise, present it to the city council and admit what you've done. Good luck.

04-06-2008, 12:17 PM
well I am not going to debate the cost issue simply because it is a done deal. But I do have a question for you. Have you called to see how the Officer is or do you just reserve that for the Cerified Officers? Last check he wears the exact same uniform as you. Just something to think about....

04-06-2008, 04:25 PM
I can't believe that the chief of police has bowed so low to answer questions on this topic and continues to defend himself. Why don't you just bow out gracefully and let this agency re-build. You have screwed up this once knowned "great agency" to the shambles that it is in now. Be a man and walk away before it reaches the point you are forced out. Just a common sense thought chief. Don't let it turn into "We told you so."

04-07-2008, 01:29 AM
It's not the Chief answering this post, nice try at deflection.

04-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Let me guess, you think the corruption goes all the way to a medical coverup. Give me a break. You have reached a new low in posting. You are misinformed but feel comfortable enough to pass that misinformation on. Oh and by the way, instead of bashing him, why don't you call and see how he is doing, like I did and other Officers did. That is what true Officers that believe in the Leo Brotherhood do, whether you like the person or not. Or don't you subscribe to that school of thought. Sounds like you don't but like it or not, we will still do our jobs and without a secod thought, be your backup when you might need it, whether we like you or not. Something to thin about.

LEO Brotherhood? That garbage died along time ago. Alot of the LEO's out there in Zhills have knife wounds on their backs.

04-17-2008, 10:34 PM
I hear Mcdoogle is coming back. is that true?

04-18-2008, 12:23 AM
I hear Mcdoogle is coming back. is that true?

I HOPE SO. WE NEED THE EXPERIENCE! HE WAS MY FTO YEARS AGO. I WOULD IMAGINE THAT THE ROOKIE WANT-A-BE'S WILL FEEL ALOT OF PRESSURE. IF THEY DON'T WANT YOU WE'LL TAKE YOU OVER AT PCSO! LET ME KNOW IF HE COMES BACK.

04-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Sounds like our next Detective Sergeant!!!

05-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Maybe your detectives should stay in their city and investigate their own crimes instead of getting involved in other's investigations.