PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays

12-26-2007, 02:57 AM
The following writing is presented as a gift to the officers of the NPPD for the great job they do and is directed toward those citizens who feel the need to continuously come onto this site and bash an occupation they know nothing about:

I am a COP.

Mr. Citizen, it seems you've figured me out.

I fit neatly into the category where you've placed me. I'm stereotyped, standardized, characterized, classified, grouped, and always typical.

Unfortunately, the reverse is true. I can never figure you out. From birth, you teach your children that I'm the bogeyman and then you're shocked when they identify/associate with my traditional enemy.... the criminal!

You accuse me of coddling criminals.... until I catch your kids doing wrong.

You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but
point me out as a loafer for having one cup.

You pride yourself on your manners, but think nothing of disrupting my
meals with your troubles.

You raise Cain with the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me
catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you.

You know all the traffic laws.... but you've never gotten a single
ticket you deserve.

You shout "FOUL" if you observe me driving fast to a call, but raise the
roof if I take more than ten seconds to respond to your complaint.

You call it part of my job if someone strikes me, but call it police
brutality if I strike back.

You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth or your
doctor how to take out an appendix, yet you are always willing to give me
pointers on the law.

You talk to me in a manner that would get you a bloody nose from anyone else, but expect me to take it without batting an eye.

You yell that something's got to be done to fight crime, but you can't
be bothered to get involved.

You have no use for me at all, but of course it's OK if I change a flat
for your wife, deliver your child in the back of the patrol car, or perhaps
save your son's life with mouth to mouth breathing, or work many hours
overtime looking for your lost daughter.

So, Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave
about the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think that your property, family, or maybe even your life depends on me or one of my buddies.

Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the cop!

(The Author of this article was Trooper Mitchell Brown of the Virginia State
Police. He was killed in the line of duty two months after writing the
article. RIP Brother. God Bless).

ONE LAST THING ... LOOK AT MY USERNAME AND YOU WILL SEE I AM NOT A N.P. POLICE OFFICER. SOME OF US WHO LIVE IN NORTH PORT APPRECIATE WHAT YOU OFFICERS DO.

Old Guy
12-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Amen brother! :D

12-26-2007, 10:55 AM
The following writing is presented as a gift to the officers of the NPPD for the great job they do and is directed toward those citizens who feel the need to continuously come onto this site and bash an occupation they know nothing about:

I am a COP.

Mr. Citizen, it seems you've figured me out.

I fit neatly into the category where you've placed me. I'm stereotyped, standardized, characterized, classified, grouped, and always typical.

Unfortunately, the reverse is true. I can never figure you out. From birth, you teach your children that I'm the bogeyman and then you're shocked when they identify/associate with my traditional enemy.... the criminal!

You accuse me of coddling criminals.... until I catch your kids doing wrong.

You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but
point me out as a loafer for having one cup.

You pride yourself on your manners, but think nothing of disrupting my
meals with your troubles.

You raise Cain with the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me
catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you.

You know all the traffic laws.... but you've never gotten a single
ticket you deserve.

You shout "FOUL" if you observe me driving fast to a call, but raise the
roof if I take more than ten seconds to respond to your complaint.

You call it part of my job if someone strikes me, but call it police
brutality if I strike back.

You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth or your
doctor how to take out an appendix, yet you are always willing to give me
pointers on the law.

You talk to me in a manner that would get you a bloody nose from anyone else, but expect me to take it without batting an eye.

You yell that something's got to be done to fight crime, but you can't
be bothered to get involved.

You have no use for me at all, but of course it's OK if I change a flat
for your wife, deliver your child in the back of the patrol car, or perhaps
save your son's life with mouth to mouth breathing, or work many hours
overtime looking for your lost daughter.

So, Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave
about the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think that your property, family, or maybe even your life depends on me or one of my buddies.

Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the cop!

(The Author of this article was Trooper Mitchell Brown of the Virginia State
Police. He was killed in the line of duty two months after writing the
article. RIP Brother. God Bless).

ONE LAST THING ... LOOK AT MY USERNAME AND YOU WILL SEE I AM NOT A N.P. POLICE OFFICER. SOME OF US WHO LIVE IN NORTH PORT APPRECIATE WHAT YOU OFFICERS DO.

I hope that you are not an LEO, as you did not investigate, or attempt verify the source of yor supposed quoted letter, other then cut and paste the article from the "Police World" website.
http://www.policeworld.net/vb/archive/i ... -3858.html (http://www.policeworld.net/vb/archive/index.php?t-3858.html)

This urban lengend has been making the rounds on LEO websites for several years.

There never was a Trooper Brown who was killed in the line of duty nor
even worked for the VA State police.

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/police.asp

http://www.westword.com/1999-12-09/news ... n-t-there/ (http://www.westword.com/1999-12-09/news/the-man-who-wasn-t-there/)

http://www.westword.com/1999-12-09/news ... n-t-there/ (http://www.westword.com/1999-12-09/news/the-man-who-wasn-t-there/)

If you are a LEO who posted this in the guise of a concerned citizen then you are the lowest form of bottom feeder and one that any department could do with out.
Especialy mine!

Ghost of 3101 NPPD
12-26-2007, 01:02 PM
If you are a LEO who posted this in the guise of a concerned citizen then you are the lowest form of bottom feeder and one that any department could do with out.
Especialy mine!

Unfortunately that does happen here with some regularity.

12-26-2007, 03:48 PM

Amazing, the same style (triple period all cap) of bull poop as the poster ID'ing themselves G.P. aka nppdx86.

12-26-2007, 03:54 PM

Amazing, the same style (triple period all cap) of bull poop as the poster ID'ing themselves G.P. aka nppdx86.

Sorry for got to post my name with this.

12-26-2007, 05:17 PM
You are absolutely right jack a**. I did not check the source I could care less who wrote it. The fact is that it describes the frustration of LEO's with morons like yourself who choose to interject themselves into a law enforcement website and bash the police for your own amusement.
I am not NPPD and do not propose that I am, what I am is someone who sees that great job that their officers do on a daily basis and then have to put up with one or two jerks who wish to post their vile contempt for law enforcement on this site.

Please, please stop purporting yourself as a LEO when all you are is the little bug wannabe who who thinks you can do better, but can't even get on a department most likely because you are insane or have a history of past indiscretions.

Any real LEO has felt the frustration of what that author feels in this writing no matter who wrote it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, because their will always be loud mouth jerks out there who will find fault with the police no matter wheat they do.

Ghost of 3101 NPPD
12-26-2007, 07:02 PM
You are absolutely right jack a**. I did not check the source I could care less who wrote it. The fact is that it describes the frustration of LEO's with morons like yourself who choose to interject themselves into a law enforcement website and bash the police for your own amusement.
I am not NPPD and do not propose that I am, what I am is someone who sees that great job that their officers do on a daily basis and then have to put up with one or two jerks who wish to post their vile contempt for law enforcement on this site.

Please, please stop purporting yourself as a LEO when all you are is the little bug wannabe who who thinks you can do better, but can't even get on a department most likely because you are insane or have a history of past indiscretions.

Any real LEO has felt the frustration of what that author feels in this writing no matter who wrote it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, because their will always be loud mouth jerks out there who will find fault with the police no matter wheat they do.

As I posted before, police officers in the guise of citizens regularly post such things here.
I am sorry but you have all the ear markings of one of the " I demand your eternal adulation because I wear a badge" type officer who work for the PD.
I have proved numerous times that I have worked for the NPPD and have no time to waste on such again.
Your answer of "I don't care where it came from" is the exact same line used by the columnist who published it in his newspaper when he was called on the carpet for doing such.
Most people who enter law enforcement do so not expecting thanks, a pat on the back, or a letter to the editor praising them. Nor do they even want such. They also know that not everyone is going to like the job they do, but that is to be expected.
Then there are those officers who expect such things, plus the first born child from everyone because they are a cop.

I do not know if you are the poster that Slapping Down believes you to be, but you are one of the hand full of demigods in the NPPD.

12-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Man you sure do have your own intrepretation of everything don't you. Interesting how you choose tiny tidbits of information to support your position and ignore the rest.

First let's get this straight, I think you are "Slapping Down" posting messages to support yourself. I guess the dual personality thing is why you were fired from NPPD. Oh, I know you are gonna come back with some witty post under the name "slapping down" to again try and knock me down, go for it, the rest of us have your number.

As far as my original post goes, I will say it again, I don't care where it came from or who wrote it. If all you took away from that entire writing is the fact that when I cut and pasted it with the incorrect citation, then you are indeed a moron.

I will say it a third time, I am not NPPD. I am a resident of NP and I have never said I was not a LEO, only that I am not NPPD. This, however, shreds your theory that I am looking for self-fulfillment since I am not praising my own agency or anything that affects me in any manner.

I don't think that COPS should constantly be commended for doing their job, but I do think that the NP officers deserve a helluva-lot more respect than to have some intestinal parasite like yourself embedding himself on a website to tear others down so you can maintain your demented sense of superiority.

Now run off now I think another episode of COPS is coming on and I'm sure you have alot to say to your TV set about how they are doing it wrong.

Ghost of 3101 NPPD
12-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Man you sure do have your own intrepretation of everything don't you. Interesting how you choose tiny tidbits of information to support your position and ignore the rest.

First let's get this straight, I think you are "Slapping Down" posting messages to support yourself. I guess the dual personality thing is why you were fired from NPPD. Oh, I know you are gonna come back with some witty post under the name "slapping down" to again try and knock me down, go for it, the rest of us have your number.

As far as my original post goes, I will say it again, I don't care where it came from or who wrote it. If all you took away from that entire writing is the fact that when I cut and pasted it with the incorrect citation, then you are indeed a moron.

I will say it a third time, I am not NPPD. I am a resident of NP and I have never said I was not a LEO, only that I am not NPPD. This, however, shreds your theory that I am looking for self-fulfillment since I am not praising my own agency or anything that affects me in any manner.

I don't think that COPS should constantly be commended for doing their job, but I do think that the NP officers deserve a helluva-lot more respect than to have some intestinal parasite like yourself embedding himself on a website to tear others down so you can maintain your demented sense of superiority.

Now run off now I think another episode of COPS is coming on and I'm sure you have alot to say to your TV set about how they are doing it wrong.

Well lets see, I have been accused of being the Vic C., J. Slapp, J. Osinga, R. Kaufman, Old Guy, See's it for what it is, etc, etc, etc.
Now it is the poster Slapping Down. As I have stated "NUMEROUS" times before, you are just another cluelss CID wannabe.

Sorry but unlike you, I have the nads to register here giving my Email, (which you can write to if you really have a problem with me.)and other information that can be used by some to find out who I am.
You like many have a hard time thinking that there is more then one LEO from the PD who thinks that the NPPD has more then it's fair share of gung ho, kiss my rear I am a cop, live it 24/7, officers.

Also sorry to inform you that I was not fired, forced to resign, forced to retire, or leave under mysterious circumstances like some from the NPPD.

Love the fact that at first you tried to come off as average John Q. and not an LEO.
Now it is LEO but not NPPD John Q. Not that you had any to begin with, but your credibility just went out the window.

Now go back to reading your scrap book of news clippings that mentions your name in passing. Of course you have omitted such articles that mention you like, officer involved 10-50, IA investigates officer, officer disciplined, etc, etc.
As for superiority, you are the one demanding the praise of the NPPD not me.

Oh and if you are SSO tell Jeff B. that he can not fish any better then he did when he was in the academy.

However the odds are you are NPPD.

Keep those cards and letter coming folks.

Ghost of 3101 NPPD
12-26-2007, 09:12 PM
the rest of us have your number.

Left this one out in the last post.
Who is "THE REST OF US"?

12-26-2007, 10:48 PM
I can keep it coming all day and night. You drew first blood. What I wrote was for the benefit of the NPPD officers, not some vulture on his stoop waiting to swoop down on anyone who would dare say a kind word to them.

My status as an LEO or citizen has never been in dispute except by you. I am a citizen of North Port and I reap the benefits of their LEO's. I don't police in my neighborhood or patrol my neighborhood so therefore I am John Q. and I can say what I want. My credibility stands. Your short sighted attacks on who or what I am is what is costing you your credibility. Like I said earlier you are trying to capitalize on the small insignificant details in a vain attempt to win your case.

Here let me give you a website where you can go bash the police and get all kinds of suppoters:

http://www.aclu.org/

Here's an idea why don't you go find yourself a hobby other than monitoring this website, lying in wait to pounce on anyone who says something positive about NPPD.

Lastly, thanks for the insight about CID, but I am in CID with my agency. So go turn on Forensic Files and make sure you yell nice and loud at the TV about what I am doing wrong so I can learn from a bitter wannabe like yourself.

12-26-2007, 11:20 PM
You are right, Mr Not NPPD, I iz a moron. I hate myself, therefore I hate everyone. My Ghost friend shares my same feelings too. We often talk in therapy about those bad people, the police.

Ghost of 3101 NPPD
12-26-2007, 11:31 PM
I can keep it coming all day and night. You drew first blood.Sorry loose cannon but you are the one who started blasting away with this thread post attacking anyone who dose not praise the NPPD. What I wrote was for the benefit of the NPPD officers, not some vulture on his stoop waiting to swoop down on anyone who would dare say a kind word to them.

My status as an LEO or citizen has never been in dispute except by you. I am a citizen of North Port and I reap the benefits of their LEO's. I don't police in my neighborhood or patrol my neighborhood so therefore I am John Q. and I can say what I want.Your the one who tried to come off as just your average John Q. with no LEO connections phony form the start till you got caught. My credibility stands. Your short sighted attacks on who or what I am is what is costing you your credibility. Like I said earlier you are trying to capitalize on the small insignificant details in a vain attempt to win your case. You make asinine statement about "insignificant details" and you want everyone to believe that you are CID. Please give it a rest, all you are doing is making yourself look like a bigger idiot everytime you post.

Here let me give you a website where you can go bash the police and get all kinds of suppoters:

http://www.aclu.org/ Maybe if you didn't screw up your work with a half a** job you would not have such an org on your case. Since the ACLU came out of left field for no reason, it is a good bet that you have been slapped down by them for screwing up.

Here's an idea why don't you go find yourself a hobby other than monitoring this website, lying in wait to pounce on anyone who says something positive about NPPD. Naaaa! Just in wait for self important, hey look at me and who I am, fools who feel the need to break their arm pattying themselves on the back because they feel the need for self validation because they don't feel they are getting the recognition they deserve. Especialy when you don't.

Lastly, thanks for the insight about CID, but I am in CID with my agency. So go turn on Forensic Files and make sure you yell nice and loud at the TV about what I am doing wrong so I can learn from a bitter wannabe like yourself. As before, when some considers any detail insignificant, it is a sure bet that you have no clue about being CID. Keep writing those no tag light citations in the hopes of catching a serial killer loser.
Oh, I could not help but notice that you did not answer my question from my last post.
You know where you said,
the rest of us have your number once again who is "THE REST OF US"?

12-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Seeming as how none of your red highlighted arguments can even be considered an valid argument I am tempted not to respond, but I will, a little.

Never once did I attack anyone for anything, the first attack came when you attacked me about my Mr. Citizen post. Never once did I say I was not an LEO, I said I am not NPPD and I stand by that. Those insignificant details that I pick up in an investigation are important, the insignificant details you chose to pick up on are the kind of items that SAO's ask what is that in the report for? It has no bearing on the case.

I believe I will bow out of this because this has degraded into a tit-for-tat that I am sure no one wants to read.

I stand-by what I have said and that is I am pround to have NPPD serving my community. I don't believe that they should get any more praise than they have earned, but I believe if they earn it they should get it. I do not think that everything they do is wrong like you do. So go back to the fryer the customers are waiting on their fries and keep watching those police shows and tell us how it is supposed to be done.

Good bye it has been a real pleasure.

Old Guy
12-27-2007, 03:00 AM
Man do I hate the taste of beets, how about that!? :?

Ghost of 3101 NPPD
12-27-2007, 03:12 AM
Seeming as how none of your red highlighted arguments can even be considered an valid argument I am tempted not to respond, but I will, a little. Translation: I can not defend most of what I have posted.

Never once did I attack anyone for anything, the first attack came when you attacked me about my Mr. Citizen post.First off I was not the first to point out your urban rumor post or the first to question if you were an LEO. Second you did attempt to portray yourself as nothing more then an average John Q. and not an LEO at all. Third my first post pointed out that some LEO's post here in the guise of citizens with such bull, and that was the case with you, spin it all you want but that is a fact. Never once did I say I was not an LEO, I said I am not NPPD and I stand by that.You can beat that dead horse all you want, and I have showed that you tried to come off as anything but a LEO. Those insignificant details that I pick up in an investigation are important, the insignificant details you chose to pick up on are the kind of items that SAO's ask what is that in the report for? It has no bearing on the case.Another great example of why you are not CID or shouldn't be one. It is that kind of lazy thinking that defense attorneys love to find that you omitted in your investigation. Then have the SA who is having the misfortune of handling your case turn and say why in the he** didn't you mention that in your report.

I believe I will bow out of this because this has degraded into a tit-for-tat that I am sure no one wants to read.

I stand-by what I have said and that is I am pround to have NPPD serving my community. I don't believe that they should get any more praise than they have earned, but I believe if they earn it they should get it. I do not think that everything they do is wrong like you do.Another bit of crappy inverstigation on your part. I am sure that if you were not so lazy or incompetent in your so called investigative abilities you would have found that I have not posted on all the NPPD threads on this forum. So go back to the fryer the customers are waiting on their fries and keep watching those police shows and tell us how it is supposed to be done.Well at least it was not your usual line of stay at the counter of the 7/11. That one was getting rather tiresome to read.

Good bye it has been a real pleasure.

No problem, anytime you want your pompous, self absorbed rear handed to you again, just post some more of your phony bull poop.

Oh and the fact that you never answered my question (asked twice) who the rest of you were who had my number, really adds to your poop credibiltiy. Your silence on that one speaks volumes. Not to mention that kind of statement shows what kind of personality you have when having to deal with someone who questions you.

12-27-2007, 01:02 PM
[quote="Not NPPD":1o04p353] the rest of us have your number.

Left this one out in the last post.
Who is "THE REST OF US"?[/quote:1o04p353]

You never will get an answer for that one. That was a knee jerk, unthinking anger vent that would have been edited out after he/she posted it when you brought it up the first time.
One of the few positive side effects of not being able to edit ones post here.
The act first, think second knuckle draggers like that moron, can't go back and cover up their screw ups when there mouth overrides their brains.

12-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Who has the egos here? Sounds to me like it's the people that feel their opinion of this PD is the only one that should be heard, and it's always a negative reply.

12-28-2007, 12:28 PM
I was the first to post after Not NPPD pasted his officer tribute.
I had no problem with it being posted other then it was misleading about who the piece was attributed to and why it was being posted.

If Not NPPD had just posted the piece as a dedication to law enforcement officers there would have been no problem with me.
Rather Not NPPD felt the need add to the text directing it at people posting here that were not officers.
The post was no longer a dedication but a gripe feast about the publics complaints on law enforcement.

That all to familiar sound of, "no one appreciates what I do as a police officer, is the reason that I ended my post with bottom feeder comment. There are those officers who for whatever reason feel the need for constant applause for being a cop, regardless of their job performance.
Reading the other post, I find that I was correct, and it was an officer trying to pass him/herself off as citizen not connected with the law enforcement community.

I do not know about the other posters who complained about Not NPPD, but mine had nothing to do with ego.
If you wish to discuss ego perhaps you should also direct that question at Not NPPD, who felt the need to post the police officer dedication as an average North Port citizen.
Hope that clears it up on my part, Just Wondering.

12-28-2007, 03:48 PM
This thread is lost on me... whats the big deal.

The original poster posted a piece of infamous chain mail that probably every LEO in the world has read before. We all know that there is no such person as the LEO that wrote it, but it's still an enjoyable read. Its funny because it's an exageration of what life is like everyday as an officer. I always crack a smile or two when I've read it.

All this bickering about someone posting some silly chain mail and saying happy holidays to NPPD with it, is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I guess it's true that there are a lot more non LEO on this board then real LE. One of the biggest things you would have learned if you were LE is that it's not a very fun job if you can't have a sense of humor about it.

12-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Those were my thoughts, too! Why the big deal?

12-30-2007, 01:27 PM
One of the biggest things you would have learned if you were LE is that it's not a very fun job if you can't have a sense of humor about it.

Man that is for sure, but I don't think a sense of humor is part of any class that is taught at the academy.