PDA

View Full Version : New Police Chief

12-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Through a reliable source this writer learned that former Tallahassee Deputy Chief Ralf Hernandez was selected as your police chief. While he has been a gallivanting police officials, the rank and file should give him a chance, let his actions speak for themselves, and them speak!

Good luck to all of you!

12-24-2007, 12:21 AM
His factual file already speaks for itself. Obviously the background people missed it, especially you Brown for life it all started at MDPD years ago and continues at every agency he touches. Good Luck , you will need it !
Snake in the Grass, or Sheep in Wolves Clothing, take your choice!

01-08-2008, 03:54 PM
You gotta be kidding me. This is the worst of the worst. Charming but a box of rocks. You are getting absolutely nothing. What's his education? He had none at BSO but maybe he went to U of Phoenix. We're just wondering how he keeps surviving all the Sh____t.

01-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Yeap, this is what we need.
Two friking loosers: one from MDPD and the other from BSO starting crap.
Why don't you two guys get a life and concentrate on your own departments and leave this alone. We will determine the outcome.

01-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Why don't you two guys get a life and concentrate on your own departments and leave this alone. We will determine the outcome.

Sure no problem just do us a favor.. Don't let him cross over to the US side of the border.

01-09-2008, 11:55 PM
We told you so.. this is just one of many hidden bones in his closet! Keep digging go back to MDPD great start!

TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA – One of the Tallahassee Police Department’s top officials has been suspended from duty for one day, without pay, for buying a bottle of wine while in uniform.

Deputy Chief Rafael Hernandez bought the white wine at a Publix grocery on Mahan Drive on June 18. An internal affairs investigation into the matter began after Mary Menard, a nurse who saw him shopping at the store that evening, complained to the department because she considered Hernandez’s actions “odd.”

“Someone in uniform, whether it’s fire, police, nursing, etc., in my opinion, should not be purchasing alcoholic beverages in that uniform,” she told investigators. “I don’t ever buy alcohol when I’m in my nursing uniform.”

Hernandez acknowledged the infraction to investigators. He couldn’t be reached for comment Monday.

He was fined $250 for driving 100 mph on I-10 last fall. He also was one of nine finalists for the chief’s position.

According to the internal affairs report, Hernandez said he bought the bottle of wine, along with water and Lysol, because his wife requested it to help her alleviate stress over some health concerns.

Asked by investigators if he thought his conduct was unbecoming of a police officer, he said “Now I realize that it is.”

David McCranie, a spokesman for the department, said Hernandez was found to have violated two policies: the police department’s rules of conduct, and a city policy that forbids the transportation of alcohol in city vehicles in most cases.

No state or federal laws were broken, he said.

“He wasn’t drinking and driving, it was never opened, he just picked it up,” McCranie said. “It was just an inappropriate, poor decision.”

http://www.badcopnews.com/2007/07/02/ta ... y-vehicle/ (http://www.badcopnews.com/2007/07/02/tallahassee-florida-deputy-police-chief-rafael-hernandez-suspended-after-buying-booze-while-on-duty-in-uniform-and-in-city-vehicle/)

01-09-2008, 11:58 PM
He is like the teflon DON ! Keeps on ticking no matter what! Great questions.. how does he keep getting these jobs at the top... must be a great BS artist! GD help NMB
Who did his background! Oh, they didnt!

01-10-2008, 01:54 AM
His factual file already speaks for itself. Obviously the background people missed it, especially you Brown for life it all started at MDPD years ago and continues at every agency he touches. Good Luck , you will need it !
Snake in the Grass, or Sheep in Wolves Clothing, take your choice!

I didn't miss jack $hit! I just feel we should give the guy a break, and let past indiscretions and alleged peccadillos rest.

01-10-2008, 12:46 PM
And how does indiscretions at every job good reason for a Chief. Check out MDPD and South Miami, Sex harr. case to start. Someone did not do their homework and will eventually lead to problems at NMB just like all the others. A leader LEADS by their examples, not bad decisions. Remember he is and will always be a BB guy!

01-10-2008, 01:11 PM
C'mon guys, sexual harrassement? We all know thats BS. That can happy to any of us that are having relations with women at the workplace. When to try to cut it off, they get mad and start making accusations. And the wine story is stupid, that could happen to anyone. You guyz are losers and need to give him a chance.

01-10-2008, 02:00 PM
What we have is a Chief who continues to make bad decisons throughout his entire career, everywhere. Small incidents that all add up to bad decisions ! Now we have officers who condone his actions , Great !
Nothing but more excuses! What happened to class act cops! Great leaders ! Where are they? Hands on guys with true experience ! Ask BSO and MDPD what the real story is with him! Facts not fiction!

01-10-2008, 05:28 PM
At this point who cares FL LEO, he is our chief and thats that, should we continue to talk about the mishaps of officers and administartors currently in this department, I think we all know that there's other candidates who might have cleaner pasts, but again thats over with, he's here and we need leadership, so lets give him a chance, if he eff's up then we make judgement. What I would like to see is getting the road outfitted with rifle's (223's), they took away the colt's like 4 years ago promising to outfit the road with 223's and only a handful of officers have them. With the way things are going, it's just matter of time till something tragic occurs so we need the weapon to stand up against these thugs!!!!!!!!!

01-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Nationally, the job expectancy of a Chief of Police is only 3 years.
We are spoiled down here because, for some reason, it just don't happen.
The good Lord knows that we have becomed Opa-Locka East through no fault of our own and maybe, just maybe this guy wil do the right thing for us.
AR15 crap, I want a M60

01-10-2008, 09:02 PM
How about 10 mandatory officers on the road, all shifts, with 2 two man cars running east and west. K-9's all shifts, with a kicka$$ take back our streets CST unit.. (great job guys keep it up).. and get rid of gentle , kinder, crap!
You spit on the sidewalk... you go to jail... PERIOD ! These animals have no respect for us!

01-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Be careful what you wish for old timer. Some of us like the 4-10's and to madate 10 Officers would take those away. They would not hire more. Also for the people who are persecuting the new Chief for past mistakes that is what is one of the problems of this place. Everyone makes mistakes all the time its how they handle them and move on that matters. Those of you standing on your soap boxes might want to come down for a minute and look in the mirror.

01-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Still want 4-10's, just want more P/O's on the road to cover shifts. 6 man shifts hasnt changed in about twenty years. We need more on the road...... NOW ! Forget about all the other task forces, roads out of control!

01-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey stupid.
We "Negotiated" away the 4/10 and who benefitted?
If you are going to be stupid, you must learn to be tough.

01-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Hey stupid.
We "Negotiated" away the 4/10 and who benefitted?
If you are going to be stupid, you must learn to be tough.
Dude, what are you talking about we have 4-10's? Do you even work at NMB? Get a life homer.

01-15-2008, 06:37 PM

Hey the exBSO looser is now yours. Did you check out Tallahassee? Bet you didn't. And about MDPD it's true.

01-15-2008, 06:45 PM
C'mon guys, sexual harrassement? We all know thats BS. That can happy to any of us that are having relations with women at the workplace. When to try to cut it off, they get mad and start making accusations. And the wine story is stupid, that could happen to anyone. You guyz are losers and need to give him a chance.

I hope you remember your own statement "...give him a chance" when your own butt gets in trouble. He has NO FREAKEN MERCY on anybody. His rule is "do as I say, or else, and I'll do whatever I want". And the or else is the scary part. He gives no-one a chance. That's the way he was when he was in I.A. with BSO. Gave NOBODY that second chance ! Good luck to you and your PD. God !

01-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Don't forget to polish your halo before the next posting

01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
By the way he talks a lot of shit! He is a berger kiss ass!

01-16-2008, 05:04 PM
By the way he talks a lot of shizzat! He is a berger kiss ass!

01-17-2008, 02:27 AM
give him a chance. he hasn't even started yet and your already bashing him. ur a miserable prick.

01-18-2008, 02:20 AM
give him a chance. he hasn't even started yet and your already bashing him. ur a miserable prick.

wow, you're really under a rock. I guess you missed the public TV speech he gave on 1/15 about the murder of the Det. Walker.... Yeah, it was on Natl. TV.

01-22-2008, 04:06 PM
You can speak of all the minor indecretions that Mr. Hernandez may have but you are all missing the bigger picture. He made it through a very large corruption scandal in Metro because he RATTED on his partners. He was thrown off the Secret Service because they eventually found out the truth about his involvement with a major drug trafficker named Mario Escondar. Ask Mr. Hernandez to show you that nice Rolex he wears. Its a nice gift from Mario himself. Dirty politics and a benevolent blinded heart of a sheriff has kept him alive....although he does continually step on his pee pee everywhere he goes. Let the truth be known....Hernandez only cares about one thing and that is Ralph Hernandez. He will destroy ANYONE who gets in the way. Good luck to you all.

01-22-2008, 10:48 PM
An this is different than any other chief because.......?
This guy must have really pissed you off, Dammed, you hold a grudge for a long time!

01-23-2008, 12:55 PM
That's a serious allegation. If you have proof, you need to forward it. If not, it's just another sour grapes, meaningless allegation. Those are a dime a dozen.

01-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Around the Nation; Former Officers in Miami Indicted in Drug Inquiry
Print
Save
Del.icio.us
Digg
Facebook
Newsvine
AP
Published: July 15, 1981
Nine former Dade County detectives were indicted today on charges of narcotics racketeering after a two-year investigation of drug corruption involving a reputed major cocaine dealer, Mario Escandar.

The indictment, handed up by a Federal grand jury, charged the policemen with multiple counts of racketeering, narcotics trafficking, bribery and stealing drugs from the scene of a crime.

So far, a third of the detectives who were assigned to Dade County's homicide unit in 1979 have been under investigation. The charges stem from some of the officers' apparent ties to Mr. Escandar, described by a United States Drug Enforcement Administration spokesman as ''someone we certainly have considered as a major cocaine trafficker.''

01-23-2008, 03:38 PM
So far, a third of the detectives who were assigned to Dade County's homicide unit in 1979 have been under investigation. The charges stem from some of the officers' apparent ties to Mr. Escandar, described by a United States Drug Enforcement Administration spokesman as ''someone we certainly have considered as a major cocaine trafficker.''[/quote]

Whoever is posting this is talking out of his arse! Your chief resigned and went on to the Secret Service while this investigation was ongoing. He was never linked to the criminal act, but as Al Lopez, another Homicide Detective, was judged guilty by association. In other words, you are a detective, you know these guys and yet you didn't suspect anything? Yes, he worked in the Homicide Unit, in another crew, and knew most of the dirty cops implicated with Escandar. Yet, he was never connected to the crimes the others were charged. His problem, as Lopes, was that he claimed that he did not know what was going on! That cost him his job with the Secret Service, the SS could not afford the uncertainty. If he was dirty, Nick Navarro would have never given him a chance at BSO, or Carlos Alvarez recommended him for the job at Sweetwater. He may be full of himself, arrogant and quite unlikeable, but soiled, no one has yet proven it!

01-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Proof Old Cop??? Is that what you need?? A little research is all it takes at the SA's office or the clerk of court to find the proof!!! He ratted them and thats a fact!! I respect your position Old Cop....being old school myself but this guy is a TOTAL POS that doesn't deserve to wear the same badge as you or anyone else. Yes Navarro did hire him. Navarro RESURRECTED him. And instead of being humble because he got another chance he instead continuously throughout his career ****ed over and pissed on anyone that got in his way. And its not about a grudge...its about whats right. He sucks as a human being and he has no honor.

01-24-2008, 01:31 AM
Chief, can u please tell KP to stop sending emails that he himself would not do or did not do during his career. You should have someone like Major G over uniform services. He is someone that is respected by the troops, has common sense, and knows how to talk to people, not to metion he wears his vest just about every day. Major G isn't someone that thinks he's smarter than everyone unlike KP who everyone knows he's a tard, especially when he uses those analogies such as the monkeys on the telephone pole, or the cows and the bull, whatever the bulls$%t he tries talking that no one gives a efff about. PLeeeeeeeeeZ....see his leadership incompetance and give us road guyz someone 2 lead our division.

LFK
01-25-2008, 11:17 AM
KP, here is a little advice and you can take it or leave it. I'm betting on the latter knowing how you are. You probably think I am just one disgruntled worker on the road. On the contrary, I am very happy on the road; I am happy working at NMB. That being said, and I speak for many if not all of the road people (at least for those that have been here for a while and know you).

You were promoted for one reason; we all know what that reason is. LL did you a diservice by making that reason clear in roll calls. However, we can't turn back the hands of time and make LL say she promoted based on your leadership ability, respect of the road people or any other legitimate reason. Frankly because you possess none of those traits. If you had not taken the promotion, some other person with a similar quality would have. I guess we can't blame you for taking the position, but think about it. Your last two promotions were based on your race; no other reason. And since then, you've been out to "prove yourself" worthy of the rank. It's not working now, and it will never work. Those of us that have been working the road for a while know you all too well. We remember you as an officer (talk to much); as a Sergeant (talk too much, think you know it all, hold grudges) and now as a *cough* Major (talk too much, think you know it all, hold grudges, and are of the belief that we respect you). We don't respect you KP. Never have, never will.
Maybe the new Chief will realize that the moral problem on the road can be laid at your doorstep. YOU are the problem with the road; We don't like you and don't respect you. Again, it's not so much your fault as it is LL for promoting you for all the wrong reasons.
Just realize that most people will be respectfull to you, but behind your back, we really think you are a joke. You are neither qualified for the rank you hold nor able to lead in any capacity. You focus too much on the small things and let the big dangerous things go right by. Case in point; 11 rookies on one shift. How do you allow that to happen? How do you allow that shift to put itself in a precariously dangerous position where the lack of tenure could lead to one of us being seriously injured or killed? There was a time when slots were held on each shift for rookies to be placed to avoid this very problem Again, focus on the small things and fail to see the big picture.
I hope you sleep well at night, though, knowing your ego and how pleased you are with yourself, you probably do.

Keep these things in mind KP. Like I said, I am a happy camper at NMB. I don't hold any hate or dislike for the department or admin. I don't even hate you, but I dislike you as most of us do. You might have some of the newer people fooled, but it doesn't take long for them to see right through you and they wind up shaking their heads at some of your statements or ideas...oh sorry, you have never had an original thought or idea in your career. Never mind.

01-25-2008, 12:59 PM
AMEN........I couldn't have said it better LFK

01-25-2008, 01:07 PM
This is what KP did in the past / I am so stressed, I just cant take this anymore. I need to go out for a ride , or something! Maybe I should just quit! ( YES)
Just look at what he did the night of the Miami P/O shooting. Micromanaging is done by people not capable to handle themselves in tight situations. He should have gone to HR/ BH when he had the chance.
Try OLPD they are looking for a Chief!

01-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Chief, can u please tell KP to stop sending emails that he himself would not do or did not do during his career. You should have someone like Major G over uniform services. He is someone that is respected by the troops, has common sense, and knows how to talk to people, not to metion he wears his vest just about every day. Major G isn't someone that thinks he's smarter than everyone unlike KP who everyone knows he's a tard, especially when he uses those analogies such as the monkeys on the telephone pole, or the cows and the bull, whatever the bulls$%t he tries talking that no one gives a efff about. PLeeeeeeeeeZ....see his leadership incompetance and give us road guyz someone 2 lead our division.

major G is definetly a qualified major and its unfortunate that he supervises about 10 people. how does a major supervise 10 people & how come we have more majors then captains? also how come he shares his office which is the size of a closet with several other officers? must have been an LL thing. also how come we have sgt's that supervise no one or less then three officers. do we really need all these sgt's? put them back on the road to help us out.
how come we have one major that supervises one sgt who supervises no one? think we need some re-organization. by the way i am not knocking that major or sgt. they had no choice of being placed where they are.another LL thing.

then you have an officer supervising numerous SRT members in a high risk unit. and i mean no offense because he does a great job but man this place is screwed up. we have sgt's going directly to majors, we have officers going directly to the chief, we have majors going directly to officers WOW i dont think there is an agency like us in the entire state.

and meanwhile everyone is walking around cleaning everything, suckin ARS and wondering if we will still have the goat-t''s????????? i think there are much bigger issues.

the men and women of this agency are great but we need some orginization where it counts.

01-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Thank you LL

01-26-2008, 03:06 AM
Thats why some good people left, to much BS and promotions made just because... to keep some happy!!!! Tough cuts and reorganization must be done ASAP!

01-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Thats why some good people left, to much BS and promotions made just because... to keep some happy!!!! Tough cuts and reorganization must be done ASAP!

I agree and what about the LL decision on dismanteling the entire CP unit and making them street crimes. I have news for you, those officers would be much better and helpful to this agency being back in CP. And shame on our ADMIN for not recognizing this or doing anything about it. Because all i hear is that was LL decision. Well LL has beeen gone for a while yet and Major G should have stepped up and called it for what it is. Also KK as the Cheif should have brought it Major G's attention if he failed to see what was going on. BUt once again everyone needs to be kept happy so lets keep the wrong people in certain units and keep short handing the road officers.

01-26-2008, 08:41 PM
YEP, AGREE TOTALLY ! No one with any balls who wants to step up and do whats right! Just keep everyone happy, forget whats needed ! CRIME IS OUT OF CONTROL !

01-26-2008, 09:17 PM
I agree and what about the LL decision on dismanteling the entire CP unit and making them street crimes. I have news for you, those officers would be much better and helpful to this agency being back in CP.

The voice of reason says...what a bunch of crap!

CP, as it existed in NMB, was a huge freaking waste of time. CP was nothing but a unit created to suck political arse and placate the whiners and complainers in the neighborhoods. Community Patrol could be a good and productive unit if it was designed to aggressively enforce laws in particular areas, but it is not that at all. The original idea of CP was allowing a single officer to remain in a particular area to get to know that area, the good guys and the bad guys, and then use that information to more effectively enforce the law. NMB used CP as a way to suck Mildred Coffey's arse for no good reason but to shut her up at the Club Law and Order meetings.

The other poster is correct, there are too many sergeants...and probably too many majors. This agency is definitely top heavy.

LG...you are a great and well respected supervisor. KP...you were promoted for all of the wrong reasons, and since you chose to accept that promotion then you will never be respected by the rank and file. You sold your soul to the devil, and now you have no choice but to accept the good and the bad of what you have done. You make more money, that is good, and you are not respected, that is the bad. Live with it.

As for the new chief, I think that he is trying hard to do the right thing and I for one and more than willing to give him a fair chance. He seems to me to be a fair and honest man. Hopefully he sees what we see and makes the right personnel moves. Give him time.

01-27-2008, 01:08 AM
voice i agree with you 100% but you misunderstood my point. i as well as everyone knows that CP was a waste of time. But to take those same officers that have never had a drive in their careers to make an arrest should have never been placed in a unit where productivity is essential. LL was retarted for doing so. I'm suprised they didnt put Torres in VIN!!And for LG or KK or anyone with authority to let that go on has no BALLS and cant lead the agency into the right direction. It was all about lets please him, her, etc... Same reason why there was one slot opened and they promote 4 or when there were two slots open and they promote 7 just to make some happy.

Bottom line is lets use personnel to our advantage. Take the productive hard working officers and let them go out there and kick some ass in street crimes/CST. Take the slugs out of these units and put them on the road where they have no choice but hump calls and in doing so will help us out with all the IOJ Jokers.

Again we have excellent men and women in our agency that should be used to their full potential while others need to be exposed and made to work.

ADMIN it is ALL of your faults not just KP, KK, LG.But also the captains that alow a Sgt. to sit and conduct roll call in shorts. That Sgt is a very bright guy with a lot of experience but some things are just wrong. what if something were to happen what is he gonna run out in those shorts and t-shirt and help us on a 315?

Bottom line is get more people back to the road, get more organized, use personnel in the proper places, dont have 12 chiefs and three indians, & get the para-military orginization back into place where ofc's speak to sgt's the way they should, sgt's speak to captains the way they should, captains to majors, etc...etc...let the senior guys motivate the rooks not mold them into CRAP & lets stop trying to please everyone. It has obviously not worked in the past.

01-27-2008, 01:16 AM
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER...

I HOPE THE STAFF IS READING AND STARTING TO MAKE THE CHANGES FOR THE BETTER.

01-27-2008, 12:23 PM
AMEN, EXACTLY !!!!!!

01-27-2008, 03:50 PM
voice i agree with you 100% but you misunderstood my point. i as well as everyone knows that CP was a waste of time. But to take those same officers that have never had a drive in their careers to make an arrest should have never been placed in a unit where productivity is essential. LL was retarted for doing so. I'm suprised they didnt put Torres in VIN!!

I agree 1000%...and the thing about Bee Sting is a riot!!!! :lol:

01-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Man, you guys sure know how to run the department. I am wondering why your not. Seems to me you got everything figured out. It is amazing how you know how to do everyones job here. I wonder if you would be so open minded if a CSO was telling you how to do your job.

01-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey why don't you ask KP why Miami Beach never hired him full time! The winner is, because he was a RAT! and never a real cop! They also placed tampons in his locker because they like him so much! So as a new cop you think he was like I think not! I can see he is not liked in NMB either? funny!

01-28-2008, 09:00 PM
I wonder if you would be so open minded if a CSO was telling you how to do your job.

Stacked,

If a bunch of cops were commenting on how they think Communications ought to be run then I would understand your point, but that is not the case. A bunch of cops are saying how the PD should be run, and after all, isn't a chief just another cop just like us?

Tell me I am wrong.

01-29-2008, 12:11 AM
The problem is no one is listening to what needs to be done to correct the problems which have fostered from the LL and BB days. This is a police agency, para military organization and run more like who is popular today, or a country club. Tough choices must be made to take back the streets and the PD. To much unnecessary BS , lets get down to the nuts and bolts and make everyone from staff down accountable. ! NMB was once a great dept, lets get it back to where we can be great again !
As someone said prior, we have allowed Sgts to conduct roll calls in shorts, workout clothes or not show up. The Capts know darn well it has been going on for years but afriad to take any action! Where is the accountability and professioanlism. Some in rank dont have a clue whats going on or look the other way intentionally ! NMB can and hopefully one day will be GREAT again!

01-29-2008, 12:48 AM
I honestly think that our new chief will acheive this. He seems like a stand up guy who will praise those that do their job and frown upon those that don't. He seems like he's not gonna put up with the unethical behavior that has been going on for the past few years, and thats what we need. Keep everyone in check. We welcome your leadership chief and look forward to you leading this dept in the right direction.

01-29-2008, 04:55 PM
A supervisor conducting roll call in shorts and everyone looking the other way? Well Cheif here's a list that has been looked away upon:

1) Tattoos showing

2) Officers not going to dispatched calls

3) Officers milking calls

4) Officers wearing the wrong uniform

5) Officers not wearing their vests

I could go on all day long.

01-29-2008, 06:20 PM
DONT FORGET..All Supv and Command staff not being held accountable to do what they are paid to do!

01-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Now that were complaining about Ofc's, Sgt's I guess it's your turn.

1). Sergeants not working their whole shift.

2). Sergeants wearing the wrong uniform.

3). Sergeants not wearing their vests.

4). Sergeants not leaving the station their entire shift.

5). Sergeants badmouthing administration.

6). Sergeants having hour long roll calls talking about BS.

I could go on all day. I guess it works both ways. We need to stop the complaining about eachother and allow our new chief to reorganize the department. If he was changing things immidiately, people will be complaining about that too. you an never win. So lets talk about things that could benefit our agency.

01-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Yep, you just confirmed what we have been saying for years ! We are screwed up! Welcome to the NMB COUNTRY CLUB !

01-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Just want to ask, is there roomfor an older officer to work your streets who has no want to affect anothers job. I love police work and am ready to go back to the street. I have no need for working off duty I am 3-15 in need to get back to work. Got space for me ?

01-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Just want to ask, is there roomfor an older officer to work your streets who has no want to affect anothers job. I love police work and am ready to go back to the street. I have no need for working off duty I am 3-15 in need to get back to work. Got space for me ?

you already had your chance RF :D

01-30-2008, 04:11 AM
Man, you guys sure know how to run the department. I am wondering why your not. Seems to me you got everything figured out. It is amazing how you know how to do everyones job here. I wonder if you would be so open minded if a CSO was telling you how to do your job.

Stacked, Does the truth hurt?

01-31-2008, 10:14 PM
Yeah....your Chief will go after all you guys for your unethical behavior while he commits enough ethical violations of his own. BEWARE!!!!! He is far from a stand up guy. Please do your research or have your union do it.

02-01-2008, 12:30 AM
He might have a shadey past but at this point there's nothing we can do about it, we just need to give him a chance and let him improve this department thats full of people that think their better than everyone.

02-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Well, where do we start?
All of these allegations and no action. Could it be that there was nothing there?
Buying a bottle of wine in uniform and transporting it in an Official Police Vehicle. Well burn my eyes, that is serious stuff and is definitively a professional travesty, GET A LIFE. Only in Tallahassee do you get beefed for that.
Now, there are rumors that this person was, lets say "sexually active" in his youth. Could it be that those IN THE KNOW were the husbands of the cheating wives?
Everyone has a spin and an angle
The only proof of performance is time.

02-02-2008, 12:47 PM
WRONG ! Read the ASA State Attys file, while you are at it it read BSO"S file, and South Miamis file. THOSE FACTS SPEAK FOR ITSELF AND VOLUMES OF WHO THE MAN IS AND IS NOT ! Ask yourself, why would he leave MDPD with such a great career and things ahead of him? I hope he works out for your agency but from his own documented history, not likely. By the way , I have read the file and worked with him many times prior ! He is a BB guy all the way.

02-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Damn, if your right, I'm sorry to hear that. We've been waiting for change in this agency for a long time. We have maybe one person (TM) that could lead this agency in the right direction, cuz the 4 major just don't have it. LG-smart, trustworthy, and common sense but very negative and moody. KK-no common sense and full of projects, not good at police work but would be great as an event cordinator for Carnival Cruise Lines. KP-fake, lost in his current position, and probably shouldn't have made it past Sgt at best. VC-MILF, but barely wants to work more than 20 hrs. It's sad but thats our so-called leaders in this place. Again, I hope our Chief can put what has happened in the past behind him and make this place what it was 15 years ago, a technology advanced agency. PEACE

02-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Good luck my friend and stay safe. You are right on taget with your current staff. I have known and worked with each one on various events. You have lost several good leaders who wanted to do the right thing, but no backing. But life goes on and stands still for no one! Be safe its not the same NMB from old days.

02-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Oh by the way TM has plenty of what it takes to run the agency and will not be afraid to make the right decison's . But he has staff enemys within ! Yes we all know about the past as we have all been there, it blinds mens minds !

02-03-2008, 10:32 PM
TM best bet for Chief...are you serious? Might as well make NMBPD a swinggers club 'cause he'll be banging all your wives and girlfriends. You must be one of his puppets that sit in his office all day instead of handling your calls. There must be another TM in the dept that I'm not thinking about????? :?

02-04-2008, 04:35 AM
Man where do theses people come from, TM for chief, now I have heard everything.

02-08-2008, 05:01 AM
This agency doesn't want real leaders. Here's why:

Real leaders don't play politics.

Real leaders wouldn't be afraid to stand up in staff meetings and say "Well **** YOU TOO".

Real leaders aren't afraid of hurting peoples feelings in e-mails and god for****ingbid you do that in this agency.

Real leaders would weed out the few useless tards

Real leaders don't screw their fellow officer's wives and daughters

Real leaders would stand tall for their subordinates publicly and lay a closed door beat down afterward if needed.

Real leaders would NEVER EVER stab those under them to save their own face.

Real leaders don't give a damn how many stripes they wear

Now ask yourself, does our house truly have 1 single real leader?

02-08-2008, 12:14 PM
They all left and moved on. Politics at its best! They too had no support when they tried to do what was right ! Its called NO BALLS !

02-11-2008, 09:41 PM
You guys keep getting pumped up by the idiots at MDPD.
If they really want to talk trash, why don't they talk about their training bureau and the friends and family clubs throughout their agency.

Give me a fricking break and straighten out your own house, we will take care of our own.
Thank you very fricking much!

02-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Okay J.R. ! You know it ALL ! Check his files for yourself !

02-12-2008, 01:27 AM
This agency doesn't want real leaders. Here's why:

Real leaders don't play politics.

Real leaders wouldn't be afraid to stand up in staff meetings and say "Well fazugie YOU TOO".

Real leaders aren't afraid of hurting peoples feelings in e-mails and god for****ingbid you do that in this agency.

Real leaders would weed out the few useless tards

Real leaders don't screw their fellow officer's wives and daughters

Real leaders would stand tall for their subordinates publicly and lay a closed door beat down afterward if needed.

Real leaders would NEVER EVER stab those under them to save their own face.

Real leaders don't give a darn how many stripes they wear

Now ask yourself, does our house truly have 1 single real leader?

I had to put this back up..this was great

02-12-2008, 07:05 PM
This is BAD KARMA we are destined to fail as these will become self fulfilling prophecies.
Take a deep breath, become chemically altered if you have a prescription, if not, shake hands with Johnny W.
But, dam,,,, life (for those of us that have one) goes onnnnn
Lets do our jobs

02-13-2008, 01:18 AM
The truth hurts and it's time we let the skeletons out of the closet...too long we have kept our mouths shut to these unethical *******s that run this place. They have run it into the ground, and it's us working these dangerous streets that are keeping it afloat.

02-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Always remember to board up your glass house before you start throwing tones.

02-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Yea right... lets just ignore the TRUTH... same old .. same old.. NO ETHICS AND INTEGRITY AT NMB Staff level !

02-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Chief of Police Applicant and Selection Information:

* The Town received over fifty (50) qualified applicants
* The Town performed professional research on all the candidates and created a short list of eight (8) candidates. The candidates were Bruce Ross, James Woolsey, Mario Garcia, Paul Meyers, Robert Weimer, Thomas Nagy, Venetia Coffee and William Collins
* The short listed eight (8) candidates were then reviewed by the Town Commission over a two (2) week period. From that review, the Commission ranked all eight candidates individually. From that ranking process, the top four (4) candidates were selected as finalists. The candidates were James Woolsey, Thomas Nagy, Venetia Coffee and William Collins.
* These four (4) finalists were interviewed at the Town Commission Meeting on Tuesday, January 8, 2008. From this interview process, candidate Thomas Nagy was selected as the newest Chief of Police for the Town of Hillsboro Beach.

The Town would like to thank each of the candidates for participating in this process.
BEAT OUT BY WHO !!!!!

02-21-2008, 02:12 AM
so how is this new guy doing....I was up when the po was murdered and I wasnt too impressed with him or the acting chief....but the cops did a great job

02-21-2008, 06:15 PM
It speaks for itself doesnt it ! Didnt even bother to come in prior to start date to help out and be a team player ! A leopard never changes its Spots.

02-21-2008, 09:45 PM
From his friends at BSO :Hernandez is a corrupt piece of crap-he was one of the original Miami Dade Homicide cocaine cops with Julio Ojeda. He testified before the federal Grand Jury in Dade and at trial. He was given immunity. Mario Escandar testified he gave Hernandez Cartier watches and prostitutes. So like the Don-Juan to me except he is so bald now he looks like chicken with a plucked head. Ralfael maybe somone from North Miami Beach should pull the old transcript from the Homicide Cocaine Cops days. You tried to flee before it all went down and went with the Secret Service and when they found out about the federal Investigation they black balled you. Look how your life has been. You put your ex-wife through so much and your kids and see what happened-you caused what happened and I know u don't sleep. Your new wife is a total nut too.
"That's your problem" remember those words because it's yours.

02-27-2008, 03:55 AM
"From his friends at BSO"
With fricking friends like that, who needs enemies?
Get a life and stop spreading BS, he most have done an IA on your arse and you just can't let it go.
Let it go man, seek help, take drugs, get a lap-dance do something with your life.

02-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Rafael Hernandez

I can't believe that he is still in Police work.

He was a "ass hole" when he was at BSO, thought he was
"gods gift to women", and he "DIDN'T" know what "NO" meant whae it came to women. I infact talked to his cousin and she told me that she was at a wedding and he cornered her in the back room where the reception was being held and "groped her" She said that it was lucky that
someone else walked in.

What about his career at Metro Dade PD?????Remember the "Cocaine
Cops??????I heard that the bad boys rewarded Ralph with "HOOKERS" for the protection.....anyone know more about this....

I heard that he was trying to get a job as head of security at a big
mall in downtown Miami when it came out in his polygraph that he took
"HOOKERS" as payment from the bad boys.

I am surprized that he wasn't arrested for "DOMESTIC VIOLENCE."

Officers "watch him" he doesn't care if you are married, he will still
hit on your wife.

Ladies "Watch Him"...he is a DOG!

02-27-2008, 10:14 PM
I cant beleive NMB hired him.. who did the background ?

02-28-2008, 05:53 AM
I cant beleive NMB hired him.. who did the background ?
What a jackace, you and your other beyatches gripe about him being a ladies man and big time corrupt cop but do nothing but post here talking shizzat. Go to the next council meeting, call the SAO, call the FBI, speak up, or just live with the fact that he banged your old lady and he is the chief and you are still a loser. Back to your drool cup idiot. :roll:

02-28-2008, 06:53 PM
I had a talk with a retired Secret Service agent a few months ago
and he worked with Hernandez . He was actually there when he got into
all the trouble and he said that "ALL" that has been said about
him on here is the truth and he can't believe that he is still in police work. :D

02-28-2008, 07:41 PM
um ok...

its all true...so fricking WHAT?????

he is still working and he is our new chief. & so far he's been doing a great job....

so can all you snitches please shut up already b/c its boring and no one cares. thank you.

02-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Double standards, if it was one of us we would be decertified ! The truth is in all the files and all his old crew and old timers know his real spots plus what he did ! How the H_ll did we hire him !

02-28-2008, 11:52 PM
i luv it. be more worried about the peeps working around you than the staff. slip and fall scams, should i shoot or not shoot, peeps milking calls and on and on and on. crank up the circus music for the next big show!

02-29-2008, 06:10 AM
I had a talk with a retired Secret Service agent a few months ago
and he worked with Hernandez . He was actually there when he got into
all the trouble and he said that "ALL" that has been said about
him on here is the truth and he can't believe that he is still in police work. :D

If you and your retired SS agent lover knew of all of these illegal acts but did not report it you are both corrupt and disgrace the job. If all that has been said here is the truth about Chief RF and not one of the "LEO OFFICIALS" that post here reported it, you are ALL CORRUPT and THANK GOD YOU HAVE RETIRED. :roll:

02-29-2008, 12:00 PM
i luv it. be more worried about the peeps working around you than the staff. slip and fall scams, should i shoot or not shoot, peeps milking calls and on and on and on. crank up the circus music for the next big show!

Guest 12, people milking calls is something we should worry about, wow, you sound like you need to get a life. "Should I shoot or not shoot", wow thats another good one, statistically, we've been in more police shootings that most our size, so I don't think thats an issue either, and have you ever taken a shot, chances are you haven't. Slip and fall queen, who cares, we all know she's a piece of sh$t and scammer, but again not our problem, thats an issue that admin needs to handle, and there sitting on it, if they don't care, either should you. If people just worried about themselves around here, it would be much better place to work.

02-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Most are still here and working, get your facts straight ! And it was reported to the State ASA and MDPD, who do you think investigated it ! BOZO the CLOWN ! Ask yourself why he moved so much after the Grand Jury investigation. Better yet pull up the old archive papers or go see the files for yourself, then you can come tell me your opinion of the man and his ethics and integrity. WE could have done much better. His only claim to fame in 2 months is keeping the station clean, bringing in trustees, and cutting off duty jobs as an officer safety issue ? How about addressing the real issue CRIME !

02-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Slip and fall queen, who cares...not our problem.

What is the current lifetime pension benefit for an officer who becomes "disabled" in the line of duty?

Are you saying that our pension is not our problem?

03-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Veteran you hit the nail on the head. gotti is a do nothing that does not get the big picture. you dont need to be in everyones business but you should be aware of the problems going on around you and how they either directly or indirectly affect each one of us. If u dont then you are no better than the scammers among us.

03-01-2008, 05:31 AM
Veteran NMB LEO and Guest 12, you are both wrong. So now were gonna pick and choose who goes out on disability. We all know she's a scammer, but it's up to the department (admin) to pull her card and investigate her claims. I also love how everyone is so worried about OUR pension when we can't even get people to the meetings. Are you both one of those people who complain but don't get involved, probably. If you are so upset that she is ruining OUR pension, set up a meeting with the pension board or go to a meeting and discuss how she's ruining our pension, bet is you won't open your mouth.

03-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Guest,

You are correct in noting that it is the admins responsibility to decide disability claims and you are also correct in saying that not enough officers participate in the pension process...but this has absolutely no bearing on the fact that false disability claims hurt our pension and hurt us by extension, making false disability claims our problem like someone else already said.

I think that you both are correct. More officers need to participate in the process and voice their concern about abuses to our retirement plan.

03-01-2008, 03:57 PM
I CONCUR

03-01-2008, 09:26 PM
STAY SAFE AND I CONCUR THE CONCUR STAY SAFE AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK....I CONCUR WITH THE CONCUR..

03-01-2008, 10:31 PM
sent via blackberry!!!!!!!

03-02-2008, 10:25 PM
I concur with the concurrence of the concuring officers. You are all unequivocally correct in your observations and I appreciate your antiipated cooperation in the matter. Thank you and stay safe!

Sent via Black Berry :D

03-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Will someone tell me what the hell just happened here?
I have a concurring headache

03-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I think the new Chief is doing a bang up job........maybe the county or secret service or TPD or South Miami will take him back

03-10-2008, 05:09 PM
You are right. The locker room has never been cleaner........ Oh yeah, and look at all the funds that got approved for specialty units. Don't worry, the road will survive on it's own.... We don't need new cars or more officers or more Colts or .45's or etc. BUT... "Gang"-Traffic unit will get new cars and the senior officers on old road patrol will get a great hand-me-down. Task force gets to keep their OT money. SRT keeps money for out of state training schools...

Thanks for the prodigious work put into the department thus far. And keep those Majors and Capt's acquiescing!

Sent via BlackBerry :roll:

03-11-2008, 02:31 AM
Hernandez was a real piece of garbage at the Chelsea MA police Department. He got himself in trouble with the females (groping) there also . After he covered up for a felon city councillor who was dealing drugs , the city wanted to get rid of him . He tried to ruin the reputations of good cops who knew what the drug dealing city councillor and Hernandez were doing . The city gave him a glowing report so that he would get out of town before they had to fire him . He became the Director of Public Safety for Massachusetts . A short time later , they chased him out of that job and he went back to Florida .

Good luck with this corrupt opiece of crap !

P.S. He follows in the footsteps of Milwaukee Chief Flynn . Another scumbag with political ties .

03-12-2008, 12:39 AM
He was a shoe in to your agency because he kisses City Council butt very well. He and the City Manager will surely run your department in the ground. If you don't see it coming now then brace yourself because you are gonna be in for a ride on the down side. I truly feel bad for NMB.

Never forget your City Manager and Council hate the Police Dept and will bring in people, and things to ruin it.

03-12-2008, 05:00 AM
Hernandez was a real piece of garbage at the Chelsea MA police Department. He got himself in trouble with the females (groping) there also . After he covered up for a felon city councillor who was dealing drugs , the city wanted to get rid of him . He tried to ruin the reputations of good cops who knew what the drug dealing city councillor and Hernandez were doing . The city gave him a glowing report so that he would get out of town before they had to fire him . He became the Director of Public Safety for Massachusetts . A short time later , they chased him out of that job and he went back to Florida .

Good luck with this corrupt opiece of crap !

P.S. He follows in the footsteps of Milwaukee Chief Flynn . Another scumbag with political ties .

All of you who come on this site to lambaste Ralph Hernandez are a bunch of malcontents! The man earned his position. All you have to do is the job you sought, abide by departmental rules and regulations, and the chief will be your supporter. Do not, and what do you expect him to do?

03-12-2008, 10:33 AM
GUEST, YOUR A MORON. A NATIONAL SEARCH GAVE US A CHIEF THAT HAS SHADEY PAST, WHILE OTHERS IN THE MIX WERE MORE THAN QUALIFIED WITH AN ETHICAL HISTORY, INCLUDING SOME OF OUR MAJORS. JE'S OUR CHIEF AND WE NEED TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE, BUT THE HISTORY YOU CAN NOT ERASE, WE JUST NEED TO KEEP AN EYE ON HIM, AS HE IS ON US, TO ASSURE HE IS ACTING AND LEADING IN AN ETHICAL MANNER.

03-12-2008, 06:16 PM
GUEST, YOUR A MORON. A NATIONAL SEARCH GAVE US A CHIEF THAT HAS SHADEY PAST, WHILE OTHERS IN THE MIX WERE MORE THAN QUALIFIED WITH AN ETHICAL HISTORY, INCLUDING SOME OF OUR MAJORS. JE'S OUR CHIEF AND WE NEED TO GIVE HIM A CHANCE, BUT THE HISTORY YOU CAN NOT ERASE, WE JUST NEED TO KEEP AN EYE ON HIM, AS HE IS ON US, TO ASSURE HE IS ACTING AND LEADING IN AN ETHICAL MANNER.

No! You are the idiot, who is disparaging a man who has earned his stars and has been a cop for more than 30 years, and has held prominent command officer's positions. Have you?

03-12-2008, 11:55 PM
No, your the idiot, and for the love, can u plz stop sending pictures of your meat whistle to officers girlfriends.

03-20-2008, 11:14 PM
No, your the idiot, and for the love, can u plz stop sending pictures of your meat whistle to officers girlfriends.

What?

03-22-2008, 09:55 PM
3. Meat Whistle
A. A penis
B. Something to be put in the mouth and blown on.
c. A tasty treat women enjoy eating.

04-16-2008, 08:58 PM
No! You are the idiot, who is disparaging a man who has earned his stars and has been a cop for more than 30 years, and has held prominent command officer's positions. Have you?

WAY TO TELL HE RALPH

04-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Now thats just good comedy. The man hasnt earned anything. Look at his actual file, cant keep a job and was on the verge of being indicted! You have to earn respect not just float from agency to agency or hang out and take gifts from drug dealers. Ask yourself why was he was forced to leave MDPD and BSO... BB had to hire him at NMB on contract just to get by ! Dont forget the agency up north with the sex harr luring in the background! Oh, lets not forget comng to help NMB during the hurricane, but took off to see his family, and put in for jobs in other agencies. Handwritten demands with NMB. Then when he comes back to NMB he blows in the LT/ Capt for not directing traffic after all the cones were in place ! Please .. be sure you now the FACTS about this guy ! Now get busy and clean your desk, and your uniform..

04-16-2008, 11:22 PM

WAY TO TELL HE RALPH

The meatwhistle thing wasn't about the Chief stupid, it was about one of his administrators.

11-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Chief of Police Applicant and Selection Information:

* The Town received over fifty (50) qualified applicants
* The Town performed professional research on all the candidates and created a short list of eight (8) candidates. The candidates were Bruce Ross, James Woolsey, Mario Garcia, Paul Meyers, Robert Weimer, Thomas Nagy, Venetia Coffee and William Collins
* The short listed eight (8) candidates were then reviewed by the Town Commission over a two (2) week period. From that review, the Commission ranked all eight candidates individually. From that ranking process, the top four (4) candidates were selected as finalists. The candidates were James Woolsey, Thomas Nagy, Venetia Coffee and William Collins.
* These four (4) finalists were interviewed at the Town Commission Meeting on Tuesday, January 8, 2008. From this interview process, candidate Thomas Nagy was selected as the newest Chief of Police for the Town of Hillsboro Beach.

The Town would like to thank each of the candidates for participating in this process.
BEAT OUT BY WHO !!!!!

Everyone knows that was an inside job. Nagy was pre-selected - only after he had a hissy fit and quit because he couldnt get along with the former chief wahhh wahhhhh wahhhhh, then the mayor coaxed him back with the promise that she'd fire the former chief and Nagy would be promoted to chief.

"the Town would like to thank each of the candidates for assisting them in going through the motions to make it seem as if there was a fair selection process" I like his quote in the Observer "I worked hard to get here" Laughable! The entire department of 17 sit on their keisters watching TV and working out in the gym inside the 2x4 station, they dont even patrol the 3 mile town! Nobody but NOBODY in that dept works hard.

Want a nice cushy job? Pencils poised on those applications everyone, his MOD has been discovered and it won't be long.