PDA

View Full Version : Sun-Sentinel Article

12-21-2007, 01:47 PM
There is an article in the Sun-Sentinel this morning about an IA case involving one of your Detectives... There is one thing in the article that stands out in my mind. It says that the original complaint was filed by the alleged "victim's" MOTHER. It does not indicate that the complaint was filed by the alleged "victim." Does your agency allow unaffected persons to file complaints on behalf of other people? This person was obviously not a juvenile (or his information would not have been included in the response to the paper's public information request)... And from the way the article reads, there's no way the "victim's" mother had any first hand knowledge about the incident... So, what's the deal with that??

12-21-2007, 03:28 PM
From what I read it sounded like the twerp was a juvenile.

His momma came in and stuck up for him. He dropped his drugs while running from the cops. He craps his pants and then smiles during his mug shot. I have so much respect for that mother. NOT.

12-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Must have smelled lovely.

12-22-2007, 01:21 AM
There is an article in the Sun-Sentinel this morning about an IA case involving one of your Detectives... There is one thing in the article that stands out in my mind. It says that the original complaint was filed by the alleged "victim's" MOTHER. It does not indicate that the complaint was filed by the alleged "victim." Does your agency allow unaffected persons to file complaints on behalf of other people? This person was obviously not a juvenile (or his information would not have been included in the response to the paper's public information request)... And from the way the article reads, there's no way the "victim's" mother had any first hand knowledge about the incident... So, what's the deal with that??

Our department entertains third party complaints.

Copper
12-22-2007, 01:45 AM

That's depends on the Sgt hearing it. I've been advised (and so has a third party citizen) that we don't take those complaints.

12-24-2007, 10:34 PM

That's depends on the Sgt hearing it. I've been advised (and so has a third party citizen) that we don't take those complaints.

Depends on the Sergeant hearing it??? By that I hope you mean a Sgt in IA and NOT patrol Sgts...

12-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Depends on the Sergeant hearing it??? By that I hope you mean a Sgt in IA and NOT patrol Sgts...
Hey VanNostrom, I think we've found our fed.

12-25-2007, 09:44 PM

Was he in your FBI Academy class?

12-26-2007, 12:01 AM
[quote="Jimmy McNulty":280n5b24]
Was he in your FBI Academy class?[/quote:280n5b24]
C'mon, are you gonna blow my cover on the birthday of our lord and savior? That's not in the holiday spirit.