PDA

View Full Version : Question for dispatchers to answer

12-20-2007, 05:35 AM
I'm a semi- experienced dispatcher at a local department thinking of applying with you, but after the things I've read here, I don't know. Where I work now, we have total support of our manager, command staff and officers. Our manager busts his butt to help us, and he is out there right with us when the S#&T hits the fan. He can answer 911 and dispatch all positions, including FCIC/NCIC.

So, what exactly does your manager do to help the situation in there? Does he dispatch or answer phones to give you guys breaks? Does he write you guys commendations for a good job when its done? What does he do to help this low morale problem that has mentioned on this board? Some previous posts suggests that he just a figure head that passes on all his work to others, takes long lunch breaks and shops online. With all the complaints I've read on this board, I can't imagine the city would allow a manager to be that ineffective, with all the problems the dispatchers and officers complain about. What exactly does he do to earn a salary between $50,000 and $72,000 a year? (as posted on the City of Plantation web site).

12-20-2007, 07:00 AM
LOL That's the funniest thing I have read all year!!!! :lol: :lol:

12-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Why are you thinking about moving anywhere?!?!?! Sounds like you have a fantastic job right where you are. Well for what ever reason you are moving, don't move to plantation. Bad times here. Stay away. Run!!!! RRRRRRRRRuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

12-21-2007, 03:23 AM
Hey Moron

If you are basing your decision on what you read on this website then we don't want you. We have enough idiots working here.

12-21-2007, 03:38 AM
Hey Moron

If you are basing your decision on what you read on this website then we don't want you. We have enough idiots working here.

Your post has made that quite obvious.

12-21-2007, 07:02 AM
Go back to the original post and read it out loud to yourself very slowly. Maybe then you will laugh.

12-21-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm a semi- experienced dispatcher at a local department thinking of applying with you, but after the things I've read here, I don't know. Where I work now, we have total support of our manager, command staff and officers. Our manager busts his butt to help us, and he is out there right with us when the S#&T hits the fan. He can answer 911 and dispatch all positions, including FCIC/NCIC.

So, what exactly does your manager do to help the situation in there? Does he dispatch or answer phones to give you guys breaks? Does he write you guys commendations for a good job when its done? What does he do to help this low morale problem that has mentioned on this board? Some previous posts suggests that he just a figure head that passes on all his work to others, takes long lunch breaks and shops online. With all the complaints I've read on this board, I can't imagine the city would allow a manager to be that ineffective, with all the problems the dispatchers and officers complain about. What exactly does he do to earn a salary between $50,000 and $72,000 a year? (as posted on the City of Plantation web site).

That he is a she..or she devil.. save yourself and dont come here

01-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Unless you're willing to become the new comm manager, don't bother applying. Funny thing about your post... i think you work here. You know a little too much about the lack of management in dispatch and you hit it right on the head with the hi end of the salary the existing comm mgr is getting paid. May just be the worst dispatch center in the county with no plans to fix it. What a terrible reflection on the great Chief. lost all respect for him... actually think he doesn't give a rat's ass about this place. So come on board and maybe you can help or replace the weakest link...

01-03-2008, 07:02 PM
New chief is a must! Too much inner-breeding in this place. We are like the West Virginia of Police Departments and Uncle Jesse needs to move on. Take old mules Larsen, Price and triple K with you.

01-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Here's an idea, log on to the BSO forum and look at the posts under their dispatch center, would you rather put your lives in their hands ? I think you got it pretty good with what we have.