View Full Version : Randle First Candidate to Meet Petition Requirement

12-19-2007, 06:11 PM
This came out today...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Robert Randle
Robert Randle for Sheriff Campaign
850-982-9152
Robert@RandleForSheriff.com
www.RandleForSheriff.com (http://www.RandleForSheriff.com)

Robert Randle First Candidate for Santa Rosa Sheriff to Meet Petition Requirement

Milton, Florida, December 17, 2007 -- Robert Randle, the lead candidate for Sheriff of Santa Rosa County, announced today that he is the first candidate to be certified by the Supervisor of Elections to have met the requirement for candidate petitions. Election rules require potential candidates to collect signatures from a minimum of 1% (985) of registered voters in order to be placed on the ballot for election.

"I am proud to be the first candidate to have met the petition requirement," said Randle. "I am very pleased at the great progress my campaign has experienced in the short time since I pre-filed, and because of their overwhelming support, it is clear to me that the citizens of Santa Rosa County are ready for positive change in their Sheriff's Office."

Randle, the current Deputy Chief of the Gulf Breeze Police Department, has 28 years of progressive law enforcement experience. He is a graduate of the University of West Florida, F.B.I. National Academy, and the Florida Executive Development Seminar. In addition, he is a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon alumni association, and serves on the board of directors for the Santa Rosa County United Way, Santa Rosa County Leadership Association, American Cancer Society Relay for Life (Gulf Breeze), Gulf Breeze Sertoma Club, and the Pensacola Beach Elks Lodge.

For additional information, please contact Robert Randle at 850-982-9152 or visit his website at http://www.RandleForSheriff.com .

# # #

DDG
01-18-2008, 04:22 PM
This was posted on the ECSO site, thought you guys might want to know the mentality of Mr. Randle....

"Heads up guys! For you to keep in the back of your minds for "future reference." Santa Rosa Sheriff's candidate Randall from Gulf Breeze ratted out two of our deputies this past week to RM for speeding excessively through Gulf Breeze while responding to one of our deputies calling for help while having problems with a 10-15 in the back of his cruiser. Nice way to try to build support from our deputies who live in Santa Rosa County "candidate Randall!" Man, talk about kicking yourself in the "butt", I guess a prerequisite for office is to know how to make a "knee jerking" decision....must have taken lessons locally!"

01-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Wadda beyotch

01-22-2008, 04:49 PM
So you complain about Randle reporting two ECSO Deputies for speeding.

Lets think about this.........................
I wonder how fast they were travelling for a formal complaint to be filed? Why would someone running for Sheriff do something like this? He would have known he would receive fall out from this incident.

Now lets look at hte facts and you tell me what you would do as an Administrator.

You have two deputies one behind the other and they are travelling through the City heading towards the Pensacola Bay Bridge. As they round the curve by McDonals's approaching the Quality Inn they are clocked in triple digits. For those of you that don't know what triple digits means it means 100 mph. So they are not running with lights on just hauling @#$.
There have been no calls for an Officer in Trouble. The only story that has came up is an Officer in town was having trouble with is prisoner who was trying to kick out the window.
So you are going to justify two Beach Deputies responding from the Beach to in town to assist with an unruly prisoner. Surly someone else was closer?

Now lets think like an administrator. What liability does the agency have if a crash occurs and is caused by these two deputies?
Get the picture.

Randle did what I would expect an Administrator to do. This incident is not jusitfied and the deputies were in the wrong. If you don't agree with me then I say to you....if either deputy crashed into your family would you still condem this action. I think not.

Let me hear from you

DDG
01-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Respect... errrr i mean Mr. Randle, you smell like an ADMIN PUKE, save me the lecture, and spare me the dramatics, who cares how fast they are driving, they are TRAINED to drive that fast, and they DO NOT have to use blue lights to break the speed limit and why are we even talking about this,???? Because your sir, steped on your own foot, and now you want to save face with the troops... we need a SHERIFF that will be for the TROOPS and the CITIZENS. Mr. Randle, you sir, sound like you are all about you own butt kissing self.... good day to you sir.

01-23-2008, 04:24 AM
DDG,

I can assure you I'm not Randle. I do know Randle but nope not guilty on being him.

No matter what you or anyone else says the two deputies were wrong. If I would have seen them I would have complained as well.
Randle did what any administrator would do.

Randle is for the troops. He has shown this time and time again.

So my question to you sir....If You think Randle is not worthy of being Sheriff then Who?

01-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Where in the academy did we get hands on training at driving 100MPH through a commercial/residential area? I remember emergency vehicle operations class and no where did they suggest running that fast without an blue lights or sirens activated. The deputies were wrong.

01-23-2008, 01:56 PM
The issue wasnt the fact they were doing over 100 mph. The issue is they did not stop to salute or kiss his butt. Come one guys, enough of this. Move on to something else.

DDG
01-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Respect- you state that Randle is for the troops... yet in some officers opinion his actions deem otherwise. Please provide this forum with examples of how he is for the "troops" as you state? what is he going to do and implement to benefit the Deputies of Santa Rosa?

Just a concerned citizen and business owner......

01-23-2008, 05:39 PM
So...

If an administrator or supervisor reports two deputies for driving over 70 miles over the speed limit in a highly congested area, then the supervisor or administrator is crap for reporting it?

Please let me know cuz I'll need to change my voter registration card soon.

DDG
01-23-2008, 05:53 PM
All LEO`s are to be held responsible for their actions. as long as their actions were with-in policy, then i for one do not have any problem with what they did. the proper course of action whould have been for Randle to contact a beach supervisor and inform their immediate supervisor, not go running to Ronnie Mac. Thats why we have a chain of command. Ronnie Mac doesnt know why they were doing 100mph, but the Sgt. will. and it is the Sgt. that will look into the matter. If the Deputies were in violation, then they should be disiplined by their supervisor, not by some which hunt by Ronnie Mac and the gang.....

The bottom line, is that they were not in violation of policy and therefore this is a moot point....

01-24-2008, 04:58 AM
DDG,

I can tell you the deputies would have a signed contract right now that would be fair to all.....I would tell you the moral would be increasing..

If an officer screws up then Randle will investigate and reccomend appropiate punishment. If the officer is in the right Randle will go to bat for them and stand behind them.

As far as the rest of what he would do I don't have a clue but I bet if you contacted him he would be happy to tell you.

You are so upset about the way this was handled. Obvioulsy you aren't a Supervisor.....or know the story...I can tell you this a Sergeant was contacted and apparently failed to do anything...or at least failed to contact the complainant back to inform them the situation was taken care of................All part of being a Supervisor communication to the public is important.

01-24-2008, 03:23 PM
I am confused. Since when do you NOT have to have on emergency lights and siren when doing 100 miles an hour?!?! What if someone would have pulled out without seeing them? What gives them the right to drive through Gulf Breeze like that without notifying the agency they would be coming through & what for. I would expect any supervisor to question their actions, and if the "call" they were responding to was just about a prisoner kicking in the back of a patrol car, sounds like the boys just wanted to go fast! Get a grip, Randall did nothing wrong and if I worked in that town I would have been making some calls too. I think those complaining about his actions are obvioulsy not anyone with rank who has to answer to the public when the complaints start rolling in. I believe two young girls were killed a few years back in Gulf Breeze because of two speeding vehicles...guess it is alright if you're an Escambia Officer, they don't have to obey any rules.

DDG
01-24-2008, 03:54 PM
running 10-18 most of the times is more dangerous to the public. it cause more wreaks because most people FREAK out and dont know what to do,... do i pull over??? do i just stop in the middle of the road??? do i pull onto the median??? do i swerve over into the next lane???? sometimes i would just bust the intersection with my blues after i had command of the intersection and then de-activate my lights after i passed through. i agree, if your doing 100, thats getting up to where i would start thinking about some drunk pulling out in front of me, so yes i would start turning my blues on, but it is officer discression...

Bottom line is , sometimes its safer to travel with no blues on.. just depends on traffic conditions.. and their immediate supervisor was notified, and he gave a verbal repremand... that just wasnt good enough for someone..... so Mr. Randle called cheif smith, and let the witch hunt begin. Nothing against cheif smith, but he has never been a real cop, he has never had to run code to a call... he doesnt even know how to run code... bottom line is that, Randle should stick to Harassing law abiding citizens that pass through Gulf Breeze, and supervise his army of senor citizens that drive market police cruisers.... now that is really a progressive agency... just what Santa Rosa needs.... Next Topic Please.

DDG
01-24-2008, 03:57 PM
and no i am not a supervisor, obviously, because i dont use my spell check... i meant to say "allow senor citizens to drive MARKED cruisers".

01-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Where was the top dog in Gulf Breeze in all this. What is the second in command at Gulf Breeze doing calling the top dog at the S.O. Why didnt Randle refer the matter to his Chief and let him make notification to McNesby -- unless Randle was just wanting to kiss up to Mc???

Does he think Mc can help him with his campaign in S.R. Co.... dont think so--- he has his hands full trying to hang on himself....