PDA

View Full Version : employment

tanandblack
12-17-2007, 06:24 PM
How are the assignments distributed if you are a new hire on. How difficult is it to get assigned to a specific area. Are you placed where the openings are?
Just need some 411, thinking about applying with the OCSO
Thanks

12-19-2007, 01:33 PM
You are given a sheet on which you specify which sector you would like to work. If there is an opening, then you will be sent there.

02-25-2008, 07:32 PM
I am going to come back down to the Central Florida area due to family issues. I would like to get my family settled in and then hopefully go back to patrol. How is the courthouse? In some agencies its considered punishment... in some its considered a great duty assignment.. How is it at OCSO? Any and all honest opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the help.

02-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Its a courthouse (allbeit a very large one). If you don't mind not having a take-home or computer, and like business hours in a courthouse setting, then its the gig for you.

Many people hire straight into the courthouse and stay there for their entire career, and for some people its just not a good fit.

As of 2005, all court deputies go through FTO and are able to work off-duty and pick up overtime on the road.