PDA

View Full Version : Four Republicans in the race

12-16-2007, 05:48 AM
With four Republicans in the race now since Chris Roper joined the fray, you can bet that Sheriff Hall will be re-elected.
This many people running under one ticket will split the vote and the incumbet has an advantage. He also hasn't screwed up too bad, is photogenic and had the no run-off law on his side.
I'm not a betting man, but if I were I would bet on the Sheriff.

12-17-2007, 07:52 PM
I don't see why he wouldn't be re-elected. Roper tried it in 04 and couldnt cut it. Randle is only known in the south end. Van Camp is harldy known at all. Roper has no command experience. Randle has some, and Van Camp none. Hall didnt when he ran. The pervious poster on this thread was right, though. 4 republicans on the ticket means Hall willbeback for number three. Beware of politics boys and girls. It will be rough in 08.

12-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Politics are always rough in Santa Rosa County. Beware of who you speak to about the Sheriff's race. Don't trust anyone but your mother, and keep an eye on her! :? (that's a sad but true statement about the fractured SO we have) :(

12-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Agree with last poster... But, don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch. This is going to be an interesting year. If Randle can extend his southern support to the north, he may have a chance. VanCamp is fighting a losing battle, but he's the underdog so don't count him out. Roper is just an idiot trying to run again. And Hall, well it's time for him to go. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I cant recall anytime Santa Rosa County has had a 3 term Sheriff... it just doesn't happen up here. If you can't get done what you need to do in 8 years, then you need to go. What's his motivation for staying?

12-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Dumb question!!-- how about a 100K plus salary!!!! plus fringe beneifts....

12-22-2007, 02:15 AM
The biggest motivation those who have 8 years in office is the push from those in the organization who have the most to lose if the incumbent loses. Every 8 year plus incumbent has surrounded himself with loyalist who knows if their mentor loses their influence; power and gravy train will end.

The bigger the agency the higher the number who sweat out a possible change of command every four years. A friend at Escambia tells me there are no less than 50 there maybe as many as 100 who could be put out to pasture if McNesby loses so you know they’ll be doing all they can to keep him in office. Same thing here, just not as many.

We know who they are but the average voter doesn’t so when they hear them telling how great things are they tend to believe it because they don’t know that person has self serving reasons for keeping the incumbent in power.

12-22-2007, 03:42 AM
I hate to tell you but that is with ANY sheriff or for that matter any politician. So why is everyone so surprised. Remove the incumbent and put in another and guess what. A REPEAT! The question is "are the people that each politician surrounds himself or herself with competent or not." Do they get the job done or not? That's the question voters should ask themselves, not how many LOYAL people each politician has surrounded themselves with! Make you sheriff tomorrow and you would do the same thing the next day!

12-23-2007, 06:03 AM
Heck yea! I hope I too can make lieutenant in less than eight years!

12-25-2007, 12:36 PM
It is no different than any other political b.s. Those that kiss the sheriff's butt from day one show their support. It's been this way since the 70's, 80's 90's and the present. When the incumbant leaves, that same bunch always say "I never liked him anyway. He was an a-hole, blah blah blah." The new sheriff , who always says "that bunch is gone when I get into office"uses them for guidance and boom! They hang around like a bad case of roids. Then the ones who were supposed to get the boot get promoted. Ask the two majors who were sure fire candidates for court security and latrine orderly. The were among the few that were promised by our current sheriff a pink slip. But did they get one? No. So what makes you think a new sheriff will change that? Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. It doesnt matter who wins. Same old $#it, different signature on the paychecks. Hall will be back. :x

12-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Otis has to go!

12-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Will he go? Even if he goes, he's still here. So is Brown, Coffman and everone else. If the Coat Tail Staff continue to ride, what difference does it make? The same ones that are admin now were admin when Coffman was around. Does that tell you anything like why we are so behind everyone else? There is a difference between %&& kissing and supporting the sheriff. Theres also a difference between %&& kissing and brown nosing.