PDA

View Full Version : Police Pursuit In Miramar!

12-14-2007, 03:02 AM
Dispatch to Miramar: Be advised BSO is 10-31 on Osama Bin Laden. They are westbound on Miramar Parkway.

Miramar to Dispatch: Did they ask for our assistance.

Dispatch: Stand by.........Unknown ill try to find out....................

Miramar: All units. Do not get involved.

12-16-2007, 09:44 PM
simulcasted over 3 channnels

do not get involved......

oh wait? did he bail.

Miramar " okay have units take the exits"

lol what a joke

12-17-2007, 04:24 AM
Units: Dispatch be advised pursuit is approaching miramar.

Dispatch: Advising Miramar

Unit: Dont bother dispatch they are not going to help us anyway.

That the reputation we are going to have!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember about 1 year ago when BSO was chasing a guy in our city. One lone officer and many Miramar Units to just watch him drive by because of a do not get involved order. God help him if the guy stops/crashes and bails. That unit is on his own until we can get there after the fact. Thats sad! Wrong message sent to our other brothers out there.

12-17-2007, 06:54 AM
simulcasted over 3 channnels

do not get involved......

oh wait? did he bail.

Miramar " okay have units take the exits"

lol what a joke

OH and BY THE WAY!! southwest ranches shares their radio channel with

DAVIE,Cooper City, and WESTON so they all heard it as well

12-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Here is some video for you to ponder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaSbVZ7Y ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaSbVZ7YYPc&feature=related)

12-19-2007, 04:42 AM
that vidoe is awesome. Very funny. I was just waiting to hear those words. Shut it down!!!!!!!!!!!

12-19-2007, 04:43 PM
OH and BY THE WAY!! southwest ranches shares their radio channel with

DAVIE,Cooper City, and WESTON so they all heard it as well

Bravo channel was actually patched to your channel, so not everyone heard it, but I will say it was absolutely embarassing to hear... Not only was the message of "don't get involved" sad enough, but the way your Sergeant felt it was necessary to SCREAM the order into the radio at the top of her lungs was the most embarassing thing...

12-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Unfortunately that was not a Sgt. it was our Captain screaming.

12-19-2007, 07:46 PM
I can only imagine how her mullet was flopping around inside that car as she was screaming that rubbish. And, that was our main chanel that was being broadcast over 5b. That was very embarrasing but not a suprise. I bet she smoked a carton after that mishap.

12-19-2007, 10:46 PM
I didnt hear what happened, can someone share?

12-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Early in the night, a BOLO was issued throughout the county for a male who was mentally unstable. He stated that he wanted to die, and would not let the cops take him down. I believe he also stated that he wanted to be in a shootout with the police. They said that they traced his cellphone to somewhere up in pompano beach. Later that evening, dispatch advised that Pines or BSO (don't remember which one) was in pursuit of that vehicle westbound on pines boulevard (or sheridan-don't remember) heading past 184th avenue. They went out to US27, north to griffin, east to dykes, then south to Miramar. The units in the chase requested Miramar assistance with the pursuit, and they eventually patched miramar main channell into the bso district channell 5B and maybe pines too. Anyways, we could all hear each other talking on the same channell. BSO K9 units made it clear that they wanted all the glory for themselves and nobody else was needed in terms of leading the pursuit or helping to catch the badguys, even if they bailed out with ak-47's or rocket launchers.

So our illustrious captain MG, who is about to retire soon and is so afraid to let anybody do their job becuase it may affect her, screams across our main channell (which is patched to the other channells) NO MIRAMAR UNITS IN THIS CHASE!!!! And then screamed it again. The subject eventually fled into a residential area down a dead end street where he was taken into custody without incident.

We looked like a bunch of sorry losers who aren't allowed to do out jobs and help out when another agency needs our assistance. Thanks alot.

12-20-2007, 09:12 PM
MG is a size 50 loser and always has been. It has nothing to do with her getting ready to retire. She was always a lazy cop who had no idea what police work is. She has had to be saved by many officers when she was gettting her butt kicked. She was dumped from CID because she did not know how to make arrest and has been passed over for Major because the chief finally figured out she was a jerk.

She never leaves her desk while babysitting her son Dunk while they try to figure out how to run an FTO program that is just as bad as them.

When she leaves we may be able to do police work on the road again!

12-20-2007, 10:16 PM
It amazes me how many know-it-alls we have, yet none of them ever step up to the plate.

12-20-2007, 11:44 PM
It amazes me how many know-it-alls we have, yet none of them ever step up to the plate.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
look whos talking

12-21-2007, 01:41 AM

There’s no room at her plate. It s embarrassing that we have to hear about her incompetence from other agencies. Anytime you have a small group that only works and talks to the select few that’s what normal people call a click. When we keep hearing how no one wants to work for MG and how she rode the K-9 unit into the ground so bad they had to remove her how much more does one need to figure it out.

What plate have you stepped up to?

12-21-2007, 06:48 PM
AC Dunn please help us with these command people who keep micro managing us and that hate those of us that like to have fun and catch criminals. Make this job fun again like you had it and make them let the street cops do their work.

12-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Ok well maybe she only said it since YOU pointed out that the BSO K9 units wanted "ALL THE GLORY FOR THEMSELVES" (even thought they had requested MMPD assistance) , however I would understand why you found it embarassing considering everyone and their brother heard it. Dont know what to say on that one, I feel your pain. You guys always have our backs when we need you!

gws108
12-22-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't know who you are but I worked very closely with MG for over twenty years, in adjacent zones, in the DB and as supervisors !!

She has more knowledge and skills then you will ever have, We backed each other up countless of times, she saved my butt !! I would rather go into a violent situation with MG than most cops there!

Now as far as the chase goes, from what I read below, where is the crime? Why was BSO chasing him ? because he wanted to die ?? So they all jeopardized their careers for someone that may have been suicidal ?? Boy, thats pretty stupid!

So unless there is more to the story,, the old 23-D 3 would have been cutting that pursuit off too.

Thats right I'm the SGT that ripped off a mirror from a crown vic,, after my guys got into a stupid chase,, just ask the old timers

Early in the night, a BOLO was issued throughout the county for a male who was mentally unstable. He stated that he wanted to die, and would not let the cops take him down. I believe he also stated that he wanted to be in a shootout with the police. They said that they traced his cellphone to somewhere up in pompano beach. Later that evening, dispatch advised that Pines or BSO (don't remember which one) was in pursuit of that vehicle westbound on pines boulevard (or sheridan-don't remember) heading past 184th avenue. They went out to US27, north to griffin, east to dykes, then south to Miramar. The units in the chase requested Miramar assistance with the pursuit, and they eventually patched miramar main channell into the bso district channell 5B and maybe pines too. Anyways, we could all hear each other talking on the same channell. BSO K9 units made it clear that they wanted all the glory for themselves and nobody else was needed in terms of leading the pursuit or helping to catch the badguys, even if they bailed out with ak-47's or rocket launchers.

So our illustrious captain MG, who is about to retire soon and is so afraid to let anybody do their job becuase it may affect her, screams across our main channell (which is patched to the other channells) NO MIRAMAR UNITS IN THIS CHASE!!!! And then screamed it again. The subject eventually fled into a residential area down a dead end street where he was taken into custody without incident.

We looked like a bunch of sorry losers who aren't allowed to do out jobs and help out when another agency needs our assistance. Thanks alot.

12-22-2007, 02:31 PM
gws was her identical clone and just a lazy. You did not work in db you just were assigned there dumb ass. We were all very lucky if you woke up in time to back us up and usually never heard us call for help while you slept the entire shift. Thank god the chief had the right to choose capts and passed you up. You were a nut case that should have been baker acted more than once. That’s why you never made it past sgt. I worked on your squad when you were a sgt and we all hated working for you and thought you were another didio you idiot. This place improved a lot when you left and once we get the rest like you out it will get better around here. Start your own blog at Golden Beach, or have you left there now too! :oops:

12-22-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't know who you are but I worked very closely with MG for over twenty years, in adjacent zones, in the DB and as supervisors !!

She has more knowledge and skills then you will ever have, We backed each other up countless of times, she saved my butt !! I would rather go into a violent situation with MG than most cops there!

Now as far as the chase goes, from what I read below, where is the crime? Why was BSO chasing him ? because he wanted to die ?? So they all jeopardized their careers for someone that may have been suicidal ?? Boy, thats pretty stupid!

So unless there is more to the story,, the old 23-D 3 would have been cutting that pursuit off too.

Thats right I'm the SGT that ripped off a mirror from a crown vic,, after my guys got into a stupid chase,, just ask the old timers

GWS- Don't waste your time trying to get thru these pieces of dung that now where the uniform that we made respectable. I've never seen a worse bunch of crap anywhere else. Glad I don't rely on any of them to back me up.

gws108
12-22-2007, 04:21 PM
AWWWWWW !!!! You miss me !!

NO SOUP FOR YOU !!!!!!!

gws was her identical clone and just a lazy. You did not work in db you just were assigned there dumb ass. We were all very lucky if you woke up in time to back us up and usually never heard us call for help while you slept the entire shift. Thank god the chief had the right to choose capts and passed you up. You were a nut case that should have been baker acted more than once. That’s why you never made it past sgt. I worked on your squad when you were a sgt and we all hated working for you and thought you were another didio you idiot. This place improved a lot when you left and once we get the rest like you out it will get better around here. Start your own blog at Golden Beach, or have you left there now too! :oops:aa

12-22-2007, 04:28 PM
This crybaby's opinion is his/hers alone not the majority. Dont worry Gary! You aint missing anything here!

12-22-2007, 05:27 PM
I dont know who you are talking about when it comes to G Smith, he was a GREAT FREAKING SGT! You must have been one of those lazy pieces of s*h*i*t he was always TRYING to get to work. If you were such a man you would leave your name! He has definitely moved onto BIGGER and BETTER pastures than this shitty city.

12-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Records speak for themselves! Productivity and Stats don't lie. If you want to find out just ask to see anyones file and you can judge them yourself.

I do know that GS was not a productive worker and was a loose cannon havng seen his go berserk when he was passed up for Captain which is why he quit MPD. He has worked for at least 4 or 5 agencies and that speaks for itself.

12-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Records speak for themselves! Productivity and Stats don't lie. If you want to find out just ask to see anyones file and you can judge them yourself.

I do know that GS was not a productive worker and was a loose cannon havng seen his go berserk when he was passed up for Captain which is why he quit MPD. He has worked for at least 4 or 5 agencies and that speaks for itself.So what you are saying is that you measure how good or bad a police officer is by the amount of tickets or supended D/L arrests he or she writes or makes. You must be a new guy. Soon you will find out there is a whole other world of police work waiting for you beyond the ticket books and PC affadavits. I also worked for Gary and even though I used to piss him off on a regular basis he still treated me fairly and was a good sgt.

12-22-2007, 11:29 PM
I have my stats from when I went on vacation and forgot to turn them in, what do you want me to do with them? Oh, BTW, sorry i didnt answer your call, I was on vacation you know. LOL

12-23-2007, 04:44 AM
is this the same guy who at golden beach was a captain? and used to wear a US Navy SEAL pin while in uniform????

gws was her identical clone and just a lazy. You did not work in db you just were assigned there dumb ass. We were all very lucky if you woke up in time to back us up and usually never heard us call for help while you slept the entire shift. Thank god the chief had the right to choose capts and passed you up. You were a nut case that should have been baker acted more than once. That’s why you never made it past sgt. I worked on your squad when you were a sgt and we all hated working for you and thought you were another didio you idiot. This place improved a lot when you left and once we get the rest like you out it will get better around here. Start your own blog at Golden Beach, or have you left there now too! :oops:

gws108
12-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Yes and it is a SWAT pin not a SEAL pin

is this the same guy who at golden beach was a captain? and used to wear a US Navy SEAL pin while in uniform????

12-23-2007, 10:34 PM
hey why dont you GWS lovers invite him over to your house and have a tupperware party. GWS do us all a favor STFU!!!!!

WE DO NOT WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU WOULDVE DONE OR WHAT YOU DID OR WHAT YOU"RE GOING TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STFU

Thank you,

8)

12-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Since you feel so strongly about him and us, WHY DONT YOU MAN UP, GROW A SET AND LEAVE YOUR NAME A$$HOLE!

12-24-2007, 12:29 AM
Just like you did I see!

12-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Just like you did? Who are you man up?

12-24-2007, 12:35 AM
WOW, I dont understand this. There a quite a few people who deserve to take heat on this forum but I dont think GS is one of them. Where is all this hostility coming from?

12-24-2007, 01:00 AM
This guy dont quite get it..he is the only one bashing GS. Ask around- Gary was a well liked and well respected person. Knew his job and did it! Go start a fire somewhere else! No one seems interested in your crap!

12-24-2007, 01:05 AM
This guy dont quite get it..he is the only one bashing GS. Ask around- Gary was a well liked and well respected person. Knew his job and did it! Go start a fire somewhere else! No one seems interested in your crap!

Like we have not figured out this is U518. He idolizes cooper who was one of the last great ones on the desk and still is trying be be her!

12-24-2007, 01:26 AM
well GWS brought him upon himself posting needless Bullshit on our forums.......

especially the post that sunny isles pd wrote its the same quote and response from GWS108 in the GOLDENBEACH FORUMS!!

about some swat pin who gives a shit

12-24-2007, 04:47 AM
First of all you idiot Im not a man! Second of all he worked here for a long time (PROBABLY LONGER THAN YOUR STUPID ASS) and if he wants to post on here he can, REMEMBER ITS A PUBLIC WEBSITE!

sierra?
12-24-2007, 12:24 PM
I have got to laugh at this
this is the first time I have posted on here, especially at the guy or girl that has taken to attacking an ex sergeant on here, all because he voiced his support for one of our captains,, GS was a good sergeant and a good friend,, and everyone did like working for him, I was one of them.

Mr Guest if you are that unhappy here and it appears you have been here along time,, why don't you leave?

12-24-2007, 10:46 PM
gws108 wrote:
Dear Mr Guest

To put it very simply Golden Beach is an embarrassment to florida Law Enforcement.
I know, I was your Lieutenant for a very short time, The officers that work there a great people,, however about 50% shouldnt be in law enforcement.
Officers are not alllowed to cite or arrest residents,, that as you know was basicly the end of my time at Golden Beach when an officer cited an ec commissioner!

Nice people, not real cops, not a real town

You are the embarrassment, how can you say that we are an embarrassment to law enforcement ! you could not even do your job, so what does that make you...dush bag. OOOh there's no crime here. that;s not our fault. ooh we do have good pay.. and not to shabby bennies. oh boy I should run and hide my face like a Lt that could not make it.
the worse thang here is the buddy F@#$en that has gone on for years, but thats what you admin wanted.. so you are responsable for a lot of this .

Now with that said was it far for me to say you sucked as a Lt. ..NO and thats right , just like you can't say anything about me. I can stand on my record.....Like to see you walk in my shoes....

12-26-2007, 04:23 PM

Just a few points here. The cell phone was tracked to SW Ranches, not Pompano. The caller stated that he had a rifle and planned to kill as many civilians as he could and then kill as many cops as he could after a "manhunt" and "shootout." After interviewing his family, BSO learned that his threats were most likely credible. They eventually found the vehicle and attempted to make contact with the guy, and he fled.

BSO K-9 units involved in the pursuit got on the radio and advised units that they would be passing units in the chase in order to be in the front. This way, if the suspect crashed or bailed out on foot after the vehicle pursuit, he could be quickly apprehended without a lengthy (and very unsafe) "manhunt" that the guy obviously wanted. They then asked all units to stay in their vehicles if the suspect fled on foot after the pursuit. This way, they could deploy their K-9 partner(s) without fear of some knucklehead getting in the way. They did not want "all the glory" themselves, and did not say they didn't "need help to catch the badguys." They were advising this to keep you safe in case the guy fled on foot after the car chase.

The only thing I will say is perhaps there was some confusion on the radio and that is why your supervisor did not want Miramar units in the pusuit. This was a COMPLETELY justifiable pursuit which was well warranted. Perhaps dispatch (which we all know has a tendency to be like the old "telephone" game in school - screwing messages up as they get passed along) did not pass on the message properly or something was lost in the translation....

The bottom line is, ultimately all of the involved agencies worked together and took a possibly violent suspect into custody with no one (civilian or law enforcement) getting hurt. So, in the end, everyone did a great job.

12-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey DPD before you go laying the blame at the feet of Dispatch, next time a multi agency pursuit happens why dont you go sit up there during one and see what happens. Many times the dispatchers themselves are not given the entire story or all the information whether from the field units or their own dispatch supervisiors. If they are not given the correct information, they can not do their job to the best of their abilities. Now that being said, we do have some dispatchers that are not capable of handling these types of incidents. But before you speak about, that of which Im sure you dont have a clue about, why dont you take the time to become informed. Im tired of everything always being blamed on us!!!! We are not issued crystal balls as standard equipment, despite what many, not all, of you think, if you do not tell us, many times we do not know. Thats why, when you tell your buddy something on Bravo or Echo channel, dont expect us to know it like you said it on main channel.

12-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah so lets all sit in our vehicles while k9 deploys. That way if the threat was as credible as the family says, after the dog and handler were shot then we get out and start firing back. I understand what k9 was trying to do, but I don't think it was properly conveyed. If k9 are the lead vehicles, why do they need everyone else to stay behind in their vehicles. I don't care what any k9 handler says (and I love the k9 guys) but I am not "staying in my vehicle" to watch some deranged fu^& get out with an AK-47 and start spraying rounds all over the place. Officer safety comes first before catching the bad guy. On the same note, I am not going to go bailing out of my car and running up to the same suspect/vehicle. I don't think that k9 is going to either, provided the verbal threats given. But I am not a handler so I cannot confirm their tactics.

And when I was working that night and heard the original BOLO, I understood that his phone was pinged up to pompano. But maybe I misunderstood or maybe I was given the wrong info. It's possible that it was mixed up in the dissemination.

12-27-2007, 01:29 AM
send swat boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy gary in....oopps seal man

12-27-2007, 02:10 AM
Just another case of someone putting a foot in their mouth...I believe it is SOP for canine units to be the lead in a pursuit in case of a bailout...not glory hounds they were doing their jobs...if we all worried more about doing our jobs insead of pointing out each others faults this would be a better place to work.

And no, I am not defending the way our captain handled that call...I am just saying that there is nothing we can do about it. I think %90 of our officers do a good job so why don't we focus on that and stop pouring attention onto the slugs.

12-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Maybe 90% are good at being slugs!

12-27-2007, 01:39 PM
When you pursue you get fired when you don't you get yelled at didn't you even try to catch them ? F###ing rats

12-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Hey DPD before you go laying the blame at the feet of Dispatch, next time a multi agency pursuit happens why dont you go sit up there during one and see what happens. Many times the dispatchers themselves are not given the entire story or all the information whether from the field units or their own dispatch supervisiors. If they are not given the correct information, they can not do their job to the best of their abilities. Now that being said, we do have some dispatchers that are not capable of handling these types of incidents. But before you speak about, that of which Im sure you dont have a clue about, why dont you take the time to become informed. Im tired of everything always being blamed on us!!!! We are not issued crystal balls as standard equipment, despite what many, not all, of you think, if you do not tell us, many times we do not know. Thats why, when you tell your buddy something on Bravo or Echo channel, dont expect us to know it like you said it on main channel.

I didn't mean my response to be critical of Dispatch. Perhaps I came off as if I was blaming Dispatch, but that was CERTAINLY not my intention. What I meant was, many times an original call comes in and is passed from agency to agency through dispatch, and like the old telephone game, sometimes the message gets changed as it goes along. This happens because we ask you guys to pass along a message (which many times is not clear to begin with), which you interpret, then you pass along the message to someone else, who interprets it differently, and so on and so on until it reaches the recipient who interprets it his or her own way... This is just human nature. I didn't mean any disrespect or anything against dispatch. You guys do an AWESOME job up there keeping everyone coordinated and informed, especially in situations like this that span MANY cities at the same time......

12-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Ok DPD tks, we are all good then, I guess Im just sensitive it seems like everytime I turn around some sh*thead is blaming us for our crystal ball failing or something like that. You guys are the cats meow, too. Its a team effort, sometimes the team wins and sometimes the team needs more practice! U guys be safe! And Happy Holidays.