PDA

View Full Version : New Bureau Chief

12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Congratulations, Percy!

12-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Good selection! 8)

12-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Uhhhhhh? What? Are you kidding me? So much for moving forward!! Please come back Chief Hill!!!

12-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Uhhhhhh? What? Are you kidding me? So much for moving forward!! Please come back Chief Hill!!!

That's a big 10-4!

The Tallahassee system hard at work again. So much for thinking outside the box.

Two steps forward and three steps back.

12-15-2007, 02:34 PM
At least Percy will listen and solicit advice, unlike the queen before him.
It could be a lot worse......Walls could have got it and the whole bureau would be as screwed up as the mismanaged OPET.

12-15-2007, 04:14 PM
I guess one of the requirements to be a DLE bureau chief is to have been an IG captain. Now, the 3 DLE chiefs have all come from the OIG. :?

12-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Just pray they don't slide old what's her name over there into the administrative Captain's spot without letting anyone from the field even apply. That would be bad. All of the top supervisors would have held an honorary supervisors rank without having actually supervised ANYONE!

How can it be considered a lateral? They (IG) do not work for the DLE. That is absurd! I have not seen the IG's office opening up their vacant positions to DLE Captains for lateral opportunities.

Please at least attempt to promote some field experience to GHQ. Other state agencies have tried it and had great success!

12-16-2007, 12:10 AM
At least Percy will listen and solicit advice, unlike the queen before him.
It could be a lot worse......Walls could have got it and the whole bureau would be as screwed up as the mismanaged OPET.

Well, it's who he solicits the advice from that is the problem...we will never move forward when he thinks like and solicits advice from ex-park rangers/managers!! How about thinking like a LEO and not a park manager!

Certain district Captains felt a lot of heat and pressure while Chief Hill was in office because she was pro law enforcement, now they are kicking back in their office chairs feeling all smug again! How is that good for us?!?!?!

12-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Certain district Captains felt a lot of heat and pressure while Chief Hill was in office because she was pro law enforcement, now they are kicking back in their office chairs feeling all smug again! How is that good for us?!?!?![/quote]

I believe this quote sums up the whole situation for the department right now. Once again,they (the district brass) feel a victory has been won by them and their feelings and practices will prevail.

We had better get used to saying"Thanks for visiting the park today....I'm sorry did I upset you, here is a free pass for another visit."

Is an NTA something we write or tell them verbally? I forget...

12-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Congratulations, Percy!

CONGRATULATIONS PERCY!

You and Elwood do resemble one another. :D