PDA

View Full Version : Do the right thing

12-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Can this be true???
A Lakeland "Officer" (or at least he wears a uniform) told the manager of a Restaurant that he needed to "get on board" and do the right thing by giving officers 1/2 price. What was this guy thinking??? This action just makes every officer look bad... :cry:

12-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Yes, its true. But he has enough problems right now. He is without a gun, badge, car and authority to work the street. So paying for a meal is the least of his worries.

12-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Yes, its true. But he has enough problems right now. He is without a gun, badge, car and authority to work the street. So paying for a meal is the least of his worries.

Good...he can't get free stuff with the badge, wreck the car, or shoot someone by accident.

12-15-2007, 01:27 AM
i guess the 45484 i.a.'s in a few years finally caught up to him. as if the destruction of evidence wasnt enough he once again makes all officers look bad with these antics.
hopefully the administration will do the rite thing...

AFOR
12-15-2007, 04:01 AM
hopefully the administration will do the rite thing...

Sure they will, then they will start respecting the officers, and begin listening to our cares and concerns. Eventually they will start to hire only qualified people, then promotions will be based on experience and ability. Finally we will all flap our arms and fly to the moon.

12-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Just for the record, nothing like that ever happened.

For the record, I was there one night and was told by a memeber of management that they provide discount for officers. At no time was the statement made to "Get on board" or any such thing.

Perhaps you listening to the ever so lovely rumor mill of LPD should maybe get your facts straight.

If you like, I can introduce you to the manager who made the statement to me.

Trust me, like I would want to provide any more ammunition to the department to use against me.

Now of course I don't expect you to believe me, but that's the truth.

12-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Wow.... I really can't believe this was said! I was actually 97 that night. I sat on the patio with the managers the exact night this was supposedly said. He had no reason to ask for a discount for all officers as he actually knows several people there that would do it just because he is a friend.

Judging by this board... LPD has far worse problems than this ONE officer. They need to start at the top and work their way down...

Amazed,