PDA

View Full Version : Transporting Issues...

12-13-2007, 02:06 AM
Why can't the V/J/K/SRO units transport their own prisoners? I mean, why can't they sign out a pool car (now that we have so many) and do it themselves? Or even have a new vehicle assigned to each unit specifically so they can do it. It's such a pain in especially when the prisoner has medical issues or the parperwork isn't filled out right. Just wanted to know since the road is so short handed.....

12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Why can't the V/J/K/SRO units transport their own prisoners? I mean, why can't they sign out a pool car (now that we have so many) and do it themselves? Or even have a new vehicle assigned to each unit specifically so they can do it. It's such a pain in especially when the prisoner has medical issues or the parperwork isn't filled out right. Just wanted to know since the road is so short handed.....Because it makes too much sense. Road Patrol will always get the short end of the stick in any situation, that will never change. Did you say "paperwork isnt filled out right" oh how I know about that. You would think the people put in these specialized units would be able to put the correct statute on a P.C., I dont know how many times I have had a P.C. kicked back to me at Hollywood P.D. because of the wrong statute. Then it is our problem and the person making the arrest is long gone. Anyone remember the Hurricane a couple years ago? who did all the grunt work while all the people in the specialized units were nowhere to be found, or up in the command center playing chess and scrabble with Captain Williams. What a fu$$ing joke. No, there is no morale problem, not for anyone in a specialized unit anyways.

12-14-2007, 04:31 PM
I use to have the same thought process of the original poster. After a few years I realized that complaining about it does no good. Working as a road patrol officer you are required to do many things. Including the transporting of prisoners for other units. This is something that is learned early in your law enforcement career.

Sometimes a plumber replaces a leaky pipe on an easy day. Sometimes that plumber might have to unclog a backed up toilet and get some doo doo on him. Not every day, but every once in a while it happens. Do you think they like that part of the job or do they just accept it because that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Some people are going to say, " this is a police site not a plumbers site. " The point I'm trying to make is that you get paid either way. Whether you are writing tickets, writing reports, or transporting someone else's prisoner. You are getting paid. You can choose to stay where you are and accept the fact that you may have to do some things you don't like from time to time or you can get out of road patrol and go to another unit.

12-21-2007, 04:11 PM
I am relatively new here but why can't N1 transport the units prisoners. I see him floating everywhere. Never 10-8 until he 50's someone then he's too busy creating havoc for others.
If he can find the jail I will gladly mapquest it for him.
Any comments?

01-04-2008, 01:30 PM
The SRO'S are usless thats why there SRO'S they arrest Juv's and its so easy for them, because you do the work. They can't fill a pc out correctly because they have no clue how to be a cop.

01-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Well, let me psychoanalyze that last posting for all of you who are not as intelligent as I.

It would appear that you sir have a Fruedian condition referred to a swollenrectumitis. This is a very serious condition and you should see me for immediate treatment. A topical ointiment and a suppository should do the trick. Luckily for you I keep them both in hand. (Yes, the pun was intended if you got it.)

As for the SRO's be serious...Brooks, Lima, Ritchie, Bueno, Greenstein and Richardson were so fearsome on the road that the brass had to hide them in the schools because they were entirely to intimidating for this line of work. It really is a brilliant strategy...scare the crap out of them before they become gangbangers...ingenious I tell ya.

01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
The SRO'S are usless thats why there SRO'S they arrest Juv's and its so easy for them, because you do the work. They can't fill a pc out correctly because they have no clue how to be a cop.

How many transports have you done for the SRO's this school year??? The SRO's do checkout a pool car everyday and handle their arrests without you. Plus a highshool SRO has more arrests than a day shift officer. I haven't had a PC kicked back or have I heard of any problems with any other SRO's paperwork. Check the facts before you target all SRO's. :twisted:

Uniform352
01-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Well, let me psychoanalyze that last posting for all of you who are not as intelligent as I.

It would appear that you sir have a Fruedian condition referred to a swollenrectumitis. This is a very serious condition and you should see me for immediate treatment. A topical ointiment and a suppository should do the trick. Luckily for you I keep them both in hand. (Yes, the pun was intended if you got it.)

As for the SRO's be serious...Brooks, Lima, Ritchie, Bueno, Greenstein and Richardson were so fearsome on the road that the brass had to hide them in the schools because they were entirely to intimidating for this line of work. It really is a brilliant strategy...scare the crap out of them before they become gangbangers...ingenious I tell ya.

ROFLAO

I'm quite honored that people are still trying to impersonate me. You weren't bad but alas you still fall short. I'm not sure if acting is your strong point, perhaps you should try being a delivery boy somewhere. Don't give up though, keep trying and perhaps one day you'll graduate from comic book villan wannabe (looking forward to the new Batman / Joker movie, but I still like Jack from the original) to a human being.

I'm not sure what the problem is re: transporting, it's part of our job. If you don't want to do it then the next time the Sgt tells you to 10-105 for someone JUST SAY NO and set an example for the rest of us. Our job description covers everything under the sun. If you're not going to stand up in front of your Sgt and tell him that you're no longer going to to 10-105 then just do your job like the rest of us.

Dave (the one and only lol)

Ours is not to reason why
Ours is just to do and die

02-24-2008, 07:34 PM

ROFLAO

I'm quite honored that people are still trying to impersonate me. You weren't bad but alas you still fall short. I'm not sure if acting is your strong point, perhaps you should try being a delivery boy somewhere. Don't give up though, keep trying and perhaps one day you'll graduate from comic book villan wannabe (looking forward to the new Batman / Joker movie, but I still like Jack from the original) to a human being.

I'm not sure what the problem is re: transporting, it's part of our job. If you don't want to do it then the next time the Sgt tells you to 10-105 for someone JUST SAY NO and set an example for the rest of us. Our job description covers everything under the sun. If you're not going to stand up in front of your Sgt and tell him that you're no longer going to to 10-105 then just do your job like the rest of us.

Dave (the one and only lol)

Ours is not to reason why
Ours is just to do and die

Well Said! Quit your *****in and do your job.