PDA

View Full Version : City

12-12-2007, 10:16 AM
So KWPD is in the news like every two seconds... Just for fun, heres what I think.

I have worked with KWPD at diffrent times during diffrent events, I have never met someone who does not deserve respect. For the amount of BS they deal with on a nightly basis its amazing they still show up. Its very sad to see such a good group of hard working folks get tied up because of some backward management and a few bad apples. I hope the public can see through the BS and support these folks. I know I will.

02-14-2008, 09:57 AM
What are you talking about? We are all in the news... Your an idiot. If you dont understand that its part of the job, to be in the news that is, then you should seek employment somewhere else.

Besides, Whats so great about Key West PD? They deal with the same BS we do.

05-06-2008, 09:53 PM
As for the above statement, you have to put up with BS and we dont get into this job for the pay but for the love of the job. If they minded the BS then they would not be there anymore. Personally I would love to be there as a officer because I could mess with people and have fun at it.

Now for the reason I am here, I am wanting to get employeed with the KWPD. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get hired or atleast get an interview with this department. This department is like a dream job. Any ideals would be helpful.

05-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Don't even bother with KWPD. I worked there for two years a few years ago and it is the most politically charged agency i've ever experienced.

The new chief (who was a Sgt when I worked there) is a good guy, but the city manager is really the chief. If you go out and do your job, then your gonna end up in IA.

No support from the city, no support from within the department and you'll spend your time pandering to the liberals.

05-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Dont they have a union? How can you get into trouble if you are doing your job. I have heard that once people get into KWPD they never leave because of how good it is there. Maybe people ought to give the new chief a cahnce to prove himself and show he is a take charge Chief and can control his department and don't like to be micromanaged.

I thank you for your advise but it is still a dream job for me to be there working as an officer unless i can get on with Monroe County SO.

05-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Yup, they have PBA, although its the Miami chapter so they are busy elsewhere.

And as for officers staying there forever once they get hired.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Code3
07-16-2008, 10:08 PM
KWPD sucks! No support from your superiors and your fellow Officers have nothing better to do than to stab you in the back. And MCSO is no better. Both Departments are pieces of crap! I work for MCSO and you can bet that just about everyone here is miserable! Most are tryin' to get out! Save yourself the trouble and apply elsewhere.

This is just a word of advise... I would hate to wish this misery on anyone. Not even my worst enemy!!

07-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't understand something and maybe someone here can explain it to me alittle clearer.

I am a certified out-of-state officer and wanting to move to Florida and become a LE there. Everywhere I have applied except for one has told me I have to be Florida certified before they will hire me. When i am looking at the web sites to apply for these jobs they state they accept out-of-state applicants so I apply. When I call and check status or refresh their memory of me and all, they tell me they are sorry but they only hire Florida certified applicants.

I want to become a KWPD officer and their website says the same thing about out-of-state certifications. Why would a department except out-of-state applicants knowing there is a good chance of them not being florida certified.

So I guess my question is this; how can a person get hired from out of state to become a Florida LE if no one will hire them.

07-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I don't understand something and maybe someone here can explain it to me alittle clearer.

I am a certified out-of-state officer and wanting to move to Florida and become a LE there. Everywhere I have applied except for one has told me I have to be Florida certified before they will hire me. When i am looking at the web sites to apply for these jobs they state they accept out-of-state applicants so I apply. When I call and check status or refresh their memory of me and all, they tell me they are sorry but they only hire Florida certified applicants.

I want to become a KWPD officer and their website says the same thing about out-of-state certifications. Why would a department except out-of-state applicants knowing there is a good chance of them not being florida certified.

So I guess my question is this; how can a person get hired from out of state to become a Florida LE if no one will hire them.

Certified, out of state candidates are rquired to take a FL Equivalency Academy. Good news? It's usually only about 2 weeks long, and consists of listening to war stories from the instructors. It's cake. The bad news? You'll have a real tough time finding an agency to pay the academy costs for you. More than likely, you'll need to pay it yourself, finish the academy, take and pass the state exam, and then apply to agencies as FL certified. Go to the FDLE website to find a complete listing of training academies that will offer the equivalency academy. Also, you could call them and get the exact details on what you'll need. Good luck.

08-23-2008, 02:23 AM
Christine Suskevich fired a .32-caliber automatic gun inside the Key West residence where she and Cape Coral police Officer Curt Suskevich were staying, according to an arrest report by Key West police.

The gunshot, fired shortly after 9 p.m. Tuesday, did not hit anyone. Christine Suskevich told police she “just wanted to get (her husband’s) attention,” and that she did not intend to harm him or herself, police said.

While police were taking the report, they noticed a marijuana pipe with a green leafy substance inside lying on the kitchen countertop in plain view.

Curt Suskevich consented to a search. When asked whose marijuana it was, he replied, “It’s hers. I know she does it, and I just try to ignore it because I am a ...” The space was whited out in the report, but Suskevich is a Cape Coral police officer.

Christine Suskevich admitted the marijuana was hers. She refused to submit to a urine test, police said, so she was charged with possession of marijuana/less than 20 grams, discharging a firearm while under the influence of alcohol, and refusing to take a urine test.

Curt Suskevich also was charged with possession of marijuana/less than 20 grams because he “had full knowledge of the marijuana being inside the residence,” the arrest report says.

Besides the pipe, marijuana also was found in a silver container on the kitchen countertop and inside a prescription bottle inside a makeup bag that was hanging on the upstairs bathroom closet door. Also, partially smoked marijuana joints were found inside a tin can next to the pipe, and rolled marijuana joints were found in the silver case, police said.

Curt Suskevich told police the argument started after the couple had been drinking all day and then had sex in the living room, according to the arrest report.

Christine Suskevich walked outside, but Curt Suskevich could not find her. Christine Suskevich said her husband had locked her out of the house, but Curt Suskevich explained that he locked the front door after he had looked outside there, yelled her name and didn’t hear a reply, the arrest report says.

Curt Suskevich said he also yelled her name out the back porch, again with no reply. When he went upstairs to look for her, he heard banging on the front door. It was her, according to the arrest report, and he let her in.

Curt Suskevich said he then went outside to a scooter to get some movies, then walked back inside. He sat down and began to watch a movie when he heard a gunshot from the kitchen. He said he grabbed his firearm from the countertop and secured it, according to the arrest report.

Christine Suskevich said she fired the round toward the back bedroom.

A casing was found on the floor next to the kitchen island. A couple of tears were in the carpet next to the west wall in the kitchen, an indentation was in the west wall, and the bullet was next to that wall on the floor, police said.

Police asked Curt Suskevich if there were any other firearms in the residence. He said there was a Glock 27 upstairs in the front bedroom, and that there were two loaded magazines inside the chest of drawers.

Police found the Glock 27, two magazines for the Glock, and 18 .40-caliber jacketed hollow-point bullets.

The weapons, ammunition and drugs were seized as evidence, police said.

1:25 p.m update Cape Coral police officer, wife arrested in Key West on drug charges
A Cape Coral police officer and his wife were arrested on a marijuana possession charge in Key West, according to the Monroe County Detention Center Web site.

His wife was additionally charged with using a firearm while under the influence of alcohol, the Web site says.

Curt Edward Suskevich, 37, was charged Tuesday with possession of marijuana/not more than 20 grams. He was released Wednesday from Monroe County Jail after posting $328 bond.

Christine Michelle Suskevich, 34, was charged with use of a firearm while under the influence of alcohol and possession of marijuana/not more than 20 grams. Both are misdemeanor counts.

She was released Wednesday after posting $2,000 bond.

Suskevich has been placed on paid administrative leave, police spokeswoman Connie Barron said.

“We are aware of the situation,” Barron said. “He is being placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal investigation.”

His wife does not work for the police department and is not a Cape Coral city employee.

Dont worry guys...the charges won't stick...Can you say suppression hearing??? They found misdemeanor Marijuana inside the apartment in plain-view. Who cares? How many calls have you been on where you found or saw in plain-view a little bit of weed? You confiscate it, or flush it down the toilet and you give the person the "Drugs are bad speech" then you leave. His wife admitted the Marijuana was hers. So why did they arrest him??? Sounds like there are some real jack arses working down in Key West. All the darn Cocaine and Heroin coming into the country via Key West and they arrest a brother in blue for a little bag of weed that wasn't his? I'm not condoning what happened, but you all know as well as I do that this was all done to promote embarrassment and humiliation to this officer and his wife. Unbelievable....10-20-Life

08-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Why are you posting on MCSO if KWPD was the arresting agency? :cop:

08-25-2008, 01:14 PM

Because this thread is about the City, dummy....

08-25-2008, 10:06 PM

Because this thread is about the City, dummy....
:cop:
F U, Hide behind your computer and talk S%&t. PU%%Y! Go to HE**!

F@G.... :devil:

09-06-2008, 11:06 AM
:shock: Dam! Look at that! Deputy71## lost his temper! :evil: Such a short fuse, holy sh%&! I am so happy that i don't work in that sector.

09-08-2008, 06:10 AM
KWPD Dosent have a forum here

10-20-2008, 02:00 AM
Who did arrest that Officer From Cape Coral PD?

10-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Does Monroe have a reserve officer program.

10-31-2008, 02:50 AM
Im all for professional courtesy, but any cop who has weed needs to no longer be a cop.