PDA

View Full Version : New detectives

12-10-2007, 01:08 AM
I heard the interviews are over. Any word on who's going up?

12-10-2007, 03:58 AM
i would be nice for them to announce it before we bid on tues

12-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Now you know as well as I do that would be the smart thing to do,but will it happen? No..These 4 or 5 officers will bid,taking all the good slots, and then 2 weeks later go upstairs..Now if they know they're going up there it would probably be smart to take a crappy slot knowing they will move but I think that is too much to ask..

12-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Now if they know they're going up there it would probably be smart to take a crappy slot knowing they will move but I think that is too much to ask.

You never KNOW you're going somewhere until it's posted... I could not blame any of them at all for taking the best days they can, unless it's posted (and there's an effective date posted)...

12-11-2007, 05:34 AM
Okay Flipper ...that was a silly comment, why would these guys not choose the best days they can? There has been no postings of movement...so if you were in their position you would too.

Sounds like someones thinking of themself only, and its not the kilo units to be...better luck next bid enjoy your sucky days off... 8)

12-11-2007, 12:19 PM
i think its bad that i get bad days off so that a few senior guys choose theyr days off then go to the db. why not post it and then n olt let them bid so that the new guys can get a chance first? maybe they dont choose so that it looks like we have more people on the road then we do???

12-11-2007, 12:30 PM
i think its bad that i get bad days off so that a few senior guys choose theyr days off then go to the db. why not post it and then n olt let them bid so that the new guys can get a chance first? maybe they dont choose so that it looks like we have more people on the road then we do???

Wow, you really know your stuff.

12-11-2007, 02:28 PM

Wow, you have the necesssary tools/talent to be a great Defective and eventual Sgt, good luck after you bid YOUR bad days off

12-11-2007, 03:48 PM
All complaining aside, it IS B.S. that they don't fill all of the specialized units FIRST. I'm sure even the people that are waiting to find out if they got their desired unit would be happier if they knew an answer. Just remember that complaining about it won't fix it. Why don't we wait and see what happens. If you don't get the days/shifts you wanted after the bid is complete (and you would have had to the seniority to get it if the future detectives didn't bid) you could talk to your sgt/lt about sliding up. This has been done previously on the 10 hour schedule when a person left the shift. The remaining good days were offered down the line in seniority. Complaining about something before you even know what will happen is just silly... Stop and steaming and answer your radio, there is probably a call in your zone that you are sticking someone else with. :lol:

12-12-2007, 09:58 PM

OK, today it was posted that CR and MH are heading upstairs. Neither one of them bid today. Quit whining.

12-13-2007, 02:38 PM
where did AA wind up on the list

12-13-2007, 06:39 PM
where did AA wind up on the list

Why don't you ask her?

12-13-2007, 06:51 PM
why don't you take your typing finger, stick it in your a$$ and call it macaroni instead of being nosey!

12-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Here's to you Elmos fire.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jVf4_WglzWA

01-30-2008, 08:09 PM
i just wanted to let everyone know that me and ol'Marco are doing fine up here in the Air Conditioned Detective Bureau.

I cant tell you guys how nice it is to not have to work 12 hour shifts, well for that matter not even 10 hours !!! HEHEHEHE. I finally got some nice silk printed ties to go with my wide array of ****ies and dockers pants. Those dockers slacks are wrinkle free and i got them half off !

I would like to invite anyone up to my cubicle (with a nice window view of the elementary school) to come up and learn from me. I have about a months knowledge now of investigations and would love to share it with you. Just dont sit in my brand new leather recliner chair !!!

02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
How come no one has come to see me ? I drive a nice unmarked crown vic that we can go for rides in ??? Anybody ???