PDA

View Full Version : Office of Omissions

12-08-2007, 02:41 AM
Could someone explain how agents are allocated to offices?

No, not really.
There once was a complex mathmatical formula (a x b + the sum total of c - any odd number = any sum + 6 x 3.14 when the result is less than 284474.01183746) or something like that. I really can't remember since it was only explained outside the "Star Chamber" once and I was too drunk to write it down. Sorry I can't be of more help.
On the other hand, some will tell you positions were allocated to offices based on the number of licensed premises within the jurisdictional boundaries of that office. Some will actually try to get you to believe that one agent = 275 licensed premises. That may have been the goal, but we all know that isn't correct either. If you believe that, we should have 163 agents (not counting supervisors, etc.)
Good luck with your quest - Godspeed.

Can anyone give me a lead on this comedian? I have a job offer for him/her.

12-08-2007, 04:50 PM
I think even 163 is low. There's plenty of work out there for us to do. In every office I've worked in we are so bogged down with complaints we have little time to do anything proactive or long term.

Don't confuse people's lack of motivation with a lack of work for us in the field!

12-25-2007, 03:13 PM
I think even 163 is low. There's plenty of work out there for us to do. In every office I've worked in we are so bogged down with complaints we have little time to do anything proactive or long term.

Don't confuse people's lack of motivation with a lack of work for us in the field! :roll: Come on, get off of it! I and another agent had 4 counties to work. You do what you can and forget about the rest. Otherwise you will go mad.

12-26-2007, 03:50 AM
first you acutally have to work 8 hours a day. now for some of us that may be hard. 8 full hours, whoa... what is a an agent to do. Ask the new chief, bet he is full of ideas. none of his own of course, just ideas. is he for real or what? At least we no our direction... it is straight down from here. he should come to south fla where all the real work is done to get a feel for what we do. he sure does not have a clue. my gosh.. so, lets get out of the office, out of the car, hell, out of the driveway and get to work. got tomake the new chief and the head gal look good. no complaints now. we can handle anymore. get a life.

12-26-2007, 03:10 PM
If you people in south florida dont like the place so much, then go to a metro dade or broward SO and answer crappy calls all day long. then you will be running back to ABT and want your job back! PLEASE QUIT *****ING AND DO YOU JOB! Those of us that are here and want to do our job and like what we do are tired of hearing you guys complain! IF IT IS SO BAD THEN LEAVE!

12-26-2007, 11:06 PM
you have it wrong, i love it here. it is the new chief and director i do not like. give me a break. just rid'n it out till they are gone. the good dr. lasted the longest, but they wont'. hope they have not put anything on the walls yet. what losers. they are draggen us down and you do not see it. unless................... you ar the chief or director. are you???? send an e-mail, we will get it sooner.

12-28-2007, 04:29 AM
To Going Mad,

Glad you like it here. Just do what the Director and Chief ask. They have had their hands full trying to fix what the last two clowns that were in their positions broke. I have talked to the Director when she made a visit to the office and she seems sincere about trying to get the agency back to doing what it should be doing and have for years. She is a good person and the chief seems nice also. I get a better feel for them then the last clown show. If I wanted to be lied to constantly the last chief was good for this. I was at an in service when she pulled a whopper out of the bag and told the people in the room. You could have heard a pin drop; all knew it was a story.

Give these people a chance; I like them much better then the last that did not have a clue. The director has been here, has done the job we do and did it well. She made it to captain before changing agencies. Have faith in her, has to be better then the last bunch.

Unregistered
08-04-2017, 12:58 AM

Don't confuse people's lack of motivation with a lack of work for us in the field!

Archive

163 sworn in 2007
105 sworn in 2017

Discuss

Unregistered
08-04-2017, 03:04 AM
Doesn't appear to be an issue. Everything is still getting done

Unregistered
08-04-2017, 10:19 AM
Doesn't appear to be an issue. Everything is still getting done

I'll go a step further... we are probably doing more now and have become a more sound and professional agency, despite what some people think. It's amazing what a accreditation, accountability, the DAS, and the threat of being re-classified as non-sworn can do to an agency.

Unregistered
08-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Agreed. We have come a long way in 10 years. I am proud of who we are. The Governor should be too.

Unregistered
08-04-2017, 11:32 AM
Some will complain about loosing sworn numbers but did we really need sworn agents to go count chairs and check for tax stamps at 7-11???