PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Day

12-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Nothin’ but love for my fellow officers and I won’t bash anyone here. I thought it might be a nice twist to take it back a few years, so you “rookies” just go to the next post.

Let me throw some stuff at you and get some feedback…

Courty Caputo and that lime green Cadi (who gives a big shout out to all his old friends on A-Shift)
Moses Ventura, Joe Bellamy, Craig Fancis and the PINES POSSE, MFers!!
Fights at DT Riots
When 8 Zone was EVERYTHING west of I-75
Sleeping in the parking lot of the Sport-O on mids
"All I'm getting is 4, Dave"... "4"
Guerra’s home for wayward cops
Tom Vogel (Rest in Peace, Brother)

What did I miss????

12-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Dodge City

12-11-2007, 01:44 AM
gaglyardy
alvies
delivering the mail
smoking cigarettes in the station
10-91
10-92
direct booking at south satellite
brick oven (thanks paz)
knowvack wearing a tie with a polo shirt...............
........... ....................?!
black books
.38 caliber side arms
the city golf course......before the $7,000,000.00 renovation
when pines had pine trees
and cows
when the dolphins were good

mod 461
12-13-2007, 05:52 PM
--driving that prisoner transport van when they were out of pool cars
--riding around with the interior lights on in pool cars to keep the roaches at bay
--working concerts at the sporto after removing our nametags
--trying to decipher Zamora when he starts screamin on the radio
--house checks on day shift!
--going to the range at Markham park
--The Doze making people collect "snipe signs"

see, and you all thought I was lying about being around a while...

12-14-2007, 03:57 PM
For you old enough to remember. The best sergeant this department ever had was Sgt. Robert "Papi" Riley. THat old **** had your back and fought off Lt. Perindozzi tons of times. Rest is Peace and we miss you Sarge.

12-17-2007, 11:35 PM
-What about driving the transport van with ants crawling up your legs, and the sgt saying go buy a bug bomb....

-25K1 10-50 silence is there a unit in the area silence im 51 Ill be involved in another supervisor review.

-Lt, yes i put a memo in for the lost name tag.

-Son (probationary officer) that shirt is not pressed good enough, go home and change it.

Half the bravo shift is polishing there shoes with liquid polish before lineup starts.

After downing three pool cars having to drive the roach invested van.

having to rewrite your report that is three pages after its been red penned.

Prey theres not a snipe sign on the side of the road in your zone on a weekend.

12-18-2007, 07:48 PM
I miss the days of being able to scratch out a supervisor on the radio. You knew when they were about to terminate a pursuit and just scratched them out. There were other good things about the old 'non-identifiable' radios and I remember Al Guerra accidently keying his mic while he was singing very loudly to some cuban music on the radio.

12-20-2007, 02:43 PM
I miss the days of being able to scratch out a supervisor on the radio. You knew when they were about to terminate a pursuit and just scratched them out. There were other good things about the old 'non-identifiable' radios and I remember Al Guerra accidently keying his mic while he was singing very loudly to some cuban music on the radio.

Singing over the radio. That's classic.

12-29-2007, 06:33 AM
Asking the Sergeant if it was ok to make an arrets.

12-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Was West Pines always Pines?...or was it Unincorp?...I remember BSO out there with the old box Caprices

12-29-2007, 02:48 PM
hey old skool, thanks for starting this one. the best forum yet.
Remember those stupid shoes, the patten leather (or however you spell that), trying to run in those things.
Remember that angel Pappy, he would meet with you and talk forever.
Remember following cars in (east) from 8 zone before stopping them so your backup wasn't 10 minutes away.
Remember the 1978 Volares that would vapor-lock and you couldn't hardly get to a call.
Remember the GE radios that were always in the shop,
Remember no computers, no pepper spray, driving all the old junk confiscated cars (forget the nice leased cars) and we still did a better job than all these whining rookies now-a-days.
Willies bar
Gearge Stephey would balance that coffee cup on his knee.
We would leave the Sporto after a concert on that dirt road behind it, through the woods, to get out of there.
I-75 being built
WHAT diversity class, foreigners had to assimilate to our country.
You better not leave your zone
Not everyone made probation

12-30-2007, 12:43 AM
gult still wears those shoes

01-03-2008, 09:14 PM
How could you possibly forget the old dilapidated-had to push it to start it " Yahweh bus" as our, ahem: "Mobile Command Post"? lol Or when we actually had senior officers as OIC's on mids because we sometimes only had 1 sgt working the shift?
or beginning of alpha shift pizza get togethers behind Miller Legg off Douglas Rd? (Thanx to Fidler for free Dominos.. for those who remember him) Could do that back then... hardly any calls after midnight.

I agree... Pappy was great. Bless his soul.

Anybody remember the 11-codes we made up & had on mids so the sgt couldn't find us? lol

Good 'ol days for sure. Gone with the passage of time.........

01-04-2008, 01:49 AM
How can I forget pulling straws to see who the lucky person was to go drive code 3 to the Crispy Cream off 163rd so we could eat them hot & fresh?