PDA

View Full Version : New 911 Firing

12-07-2007, 10:40 PM
I guess the new 911 director only wants to supervise women. I heard he fired the only man that worked at the center over some silly stuff. Didn't the new supervisor do the same stuff last week? Does anyone have any details. Did the guy know more than his boss. I guess they really are against progress. Hell, it's our lives he is putting at risk.

12-08-2007, 11:02 PM
I guess the new 911 director only wants to supervise women. I heard he fired the only man that worked at the center over some silly stuff. Didn't the new supervisor do the same stuff last week? Does anyone have any details. Did the guy know more than his boss. I guess they really are against progress. Hell, it's our lives he is putting at risk.

WHO GOT FIRED AND WHY?

12-11-2007, 07:25 PM
The original post was bad, does not look like anyone was fired.

12-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Yes they were! Fired over the phone. Profesional huh?

12-12-2007, 01:45 AM
It's my understanding that there are 2 men there but they are only part-time, the full-time male was fired.

The one part-timer has resigned from her job in Clay County, atleast she didn't walk out in the middle of a shift like she did in Cherokee County a few years back.
Seems strange how the county can rehire an individual with this kind of employment history. Is she part of the GOB?

12-12-2007, 02:32 PM
You have deputies taking report calls that can be taken over the telephone. A theft which has already occurred days ago many times does not need a deputy. So many calls are being answered by deputies at salaries of $18.00 and up. It would be best to put these deputies to investigate cases that are back logged. The sheriff and his management team is clueless on how to manage their resources. So many ways to make better use of the patrol officers. They go from report call to report call, wasting fuel, and being paid outrageous salaries. A civilian can be hired to take these report calls. But, our sheriff continues to ask for more positions...what a joke! The tax payers are being taken!

With the new 911 director being from South Florida, has he never heard of taking reports by phone and has he never heard of Public Service Aids to take reports and do crime scene work. You can pay these PSA's half the salaries. Regardless, everyone at the sheriff office has had their salaries almost doubled in the last two years. Secretaries on wheels is all they are at salaries beyond reason.

Maybe this may wake them up....DO YOU HEAR THIS 911 DIRECTOR?

12-14-2007, 03:57 AM
Could someone tell me what the 911 director has to do with this?

12-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Could someone tell me what the 911 director has to do with this?

You see everyone in the public safety arena shares responsibility to the people. Anyone working for the county with knowledge of improper procedure, or misconduct makes them as guilty as their leader. Granted the sheriff is the ultimate person responsible for public safety issues, but everyone inherits responsibility by proxy. Plausible denial is not an option you deputies will be able to use as an excuse in the future.

12-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Why is the sheriff and many others so paranoid these days.

BOXER OR BRIEFS
12-28-2007, 08:59 PM
They go from report call to report call, wasting fuel, and being paid outrageous salaries. A civilian can be hired to take these report calls. But, our sheriff continues to ask for more positions...what a joke! The tax payers are being taken! ???

You've got be kidding me!! OUTRAGEOUS SALARIES??
ME, THE LOUSY COP

Me, the Lousy Cop
Well Mr. Citizen, I guess you have figured me out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the "lousy" cop.

Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out.

From birth you teach your children that I am a person to be wary of...and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal.

You accuse me of coddling juvenile criminals, until I catch your kid doing something.

You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.

You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals with your troubles.

You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you.

You know all the traffic laws, but never got one ticket you deserved.

You shout "Foul!" if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call.

You call it "part of my job" if someone strikes me. But its "police brutality" if I strike back.

You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me pointers on law enforcement.

You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand there and take it without batting an eye.

You cry, "Something has to be done about all the crime!" but you can't be bothered with getting involved.

You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours overtime to find your lost daughter.

So, Dear Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing - me, or one of my buddies.

Yes, me, the lousy cop.

- Author unknown

12-29-2007, 04:22 AM
Cherokee County citizens do question the policy and procedures of Sheriff Keith Lovin and his operation of the jail. When I read the response of Sheriff Lovin to the arrest of his Chief Deputy, it was obvious to me and anyone else who had read the Scout that our Sheriff had lied about his knowledge of Deputy Bennett's behavior it was, after all, printed in an earlier edition of the Scout. There are many unanswered questions. Did Sheriff Lovin complete any type of background check on Deputy Bennett before hiring him and placing him second in command? I would think that would be standard procedure. What was Sheriff Lovin's reaction to this information when he was told by Deputy Figueroa.... other than firing him, did he just dismiss the whole incident? These were pretty serious charges to just overlook. Did the Sheriff know Ray Bennett personally before hiring him? It's hard to imagine Ray Bennett would just wander in and be placed second in command without some prior knowledge of his character. Was Sheriff Lovin aware that the criminals that hare harbored in his jail were being taken out on a regular basis for camping trips, trips to Atlanta, drugs, alcohol, and sex? I am aware that some criminals are allowed work release, but this is ridiculous and as a taxpayer, very hard to swallow. Most taxpayers would prefer our money be used to treat criminals in a humane, but appropriate manner for what they are. The jail is not a resort where accused criminals should be allowed to continue their criminal behavior all the while being stalked by a deputy who is a sexual predator and who doesn't care to use his position for his own deviated pleasure. It has been obvious that drugs seem to be rampant among the prisoners. Cody Coleman and other prisoners who were more fortunate than this man are evidence of this fact. Is there no one at the jail paying attention to the drugs coming into the building? Does no one have to answer for the death of a young inmate in jail now that Sheriff Lovin is in charge? In light of Christopher Woods' tragic ending, it's hard to understand how a death now can be just swept under the carpet. Was there no state investigation into this incident? If so, what were the results, how did the drugs get into the jail? I have noticed since the death of Yacco, there has been a tremendous response from the public. I wholeheartedly agree that the death of the canine was a result of carelessness on the part of the Sheriffs department, but, at some point, our Sheriff needs to stop passing the buck, blaming others for what goes on; within his department or claiming ignorance. He is the head of the Sheriffs department and is ultimately responsible for everything that happens within that department, whether it be good, bad, or ugly.

12-30-2007, 03:47 PM
They go from report call to report call, wasting fuel, and being paid outrageous salaries. A civilian can be hired to take these report calls. But, our sheriff continues to ask for more positions...what a joke! The tax payers are being taken! ???

ME, THE LOUSY COP

Me, the Lousy Cop
Well Mr. Citizen, I guess you have figured me out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the "lousy" cop.

From birth you teach your children that I am a person to be wary of...and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal. YOU HERE ARE THE ENEMY, YOU STAY IN THE WAY OF PROGRESS.

You accuse me of coddling juvenile criminals, until I catch your kid doing something. HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR OWN SON LATELY?

You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup. 70% OF YOUR WORK IN LOAFING HERE......

You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals with your troubles. ITS YOUR DUTY!

You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you.

You shout "Foul!" if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call. NOT HERE!

You call it "part of my job" if someone strikes me. But its "police brutality" if I strike back.

You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me pointers on law enforcement.

You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand there and take it without batting an eye.

You cry, "Something has to be done about all the crime!" but you can't be bothered with getting involved. YOU WILL NOT GET INVOLVED WITH CRIME WITHIN YOUR OWN DEPARTMENT!

You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours overtime to find your lost daughter.

So, Dear Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing - me, or one of my buddies.

Yes, me, the lousy cop. BLAH BLAH.....YOU ARE VERY FULL OF YOURSELF!

- Author unknown

Trust me, most people do not depend on the police to take care of business here. You people are only summoned after the fact to write your reports. This county has no real policing community and the intelligent people know this. L.E. personnel here are only legends in their own minds. When one loses their job in L.E. and can not find other L.E. work in the area, you see them doing the everyday ordinary job, or below average jobs. That is because most if not all L.E. officers "here" are below average intelligence. They do their work for recognition. Look at me, LOOK AT ME!

Yes, you are a lousy Cop!

12-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Cherokee County citizens do question the policy and procedures of Sheriff Keith Lovin and his operation of the jail. When I read the response of Sheriff Lovin to the arrest of his Chief Deputy, it was obvious to me and anyone else who had read the Scout that our Sheriff had lied about his knowledge of Deputy Bennett's behavior it was, after all, printed in an earlier edition of the Scout. There are many unanswered questions. Did Sheriff Lovin complete any type of background check on Deputy Bennett before hiring him and placing him second in command? I would think that would be standard procedure. What was Sheriff Lovin's reaction to this information when he was told by Deputy Figueroa.... other than firing him, did he just dismiss the whole incident? These were pretty serious charges to just overlook. Did the Sheriff know Ray Bennett personally before hiring him? It's hard to imagine Ray Bennett would just wander in and be placed second in command without some prior knowledge of his character. Was Sheriff Lovin aware that the criminals that hare harbored in his jail were being taken out on a regular basis for camping trips, trips to Atlanta, drugs, alcohol, and sex? I am aware that some criminals are allowed work release, but this is ridiculous and as a taxpayer, very hard to swallow. Most taxpayers would prefer our money be used to treat criminals in a humane, but appropriate manner for what they are. The jail is not a resort where accused criminals should be allowed to continue their criminal behavior all the while being stalked by a deputy who is a sexual predator and who doesn't care to use his position for his own deviated pleasure. It has been obvious that drugs seem to be rampant among the prisoners. Cody Coleman and other prisoners who were more fortunate than this man are evidence of this fact. Is there no one at the jail paying attention to the drugs coming into the building? Does no one have to answer for the death of a young inmate in jail now that Sheriff Lovin is in charge? In light of Christopher Woods' tragic ending, it's hard to understand how a death now can be just swept under the carpet. Was there no state investigation into this incident? If so, what were the results, how did the drugs get into the jail? I have noticed since the death of Yacco, there has been a tremendous response from the public. I wholeheartedly agree that the death of the canine was a result of carelessness on the part of the Sheriffs department, but, at some point, our Sheriff needs to stop passing the buck, blaming others for what goes on; within his department or claiming ignorance. He is the head of the Sheriffs department and is ultimately responsible for everything that happens within that department, whether it be good, bad, or ugly.

Same Song and Dance. You raise the Ray Bennett flag. Old news. The situation was reviewed by outside L/E - NCSBI. Bennett went down the big road for longer than most of the sex offenders in Cherokee County. A situation that was most judicially handled.

Christopher Wood was in a prior administration - very serious and sad situation but one that Lovin had no control over. However some of the ones that throw the stones were present under the previous administration; hired or volunteered. What and where were the concerns then.

Long and short this is about the same as everywhere else. Looking back to things how they have gone over the past 15 or so years we have - 1998 "We want a new sheriff this one is not doing anything to make things better", result - new sheriff. 2002 "We have to get this guy out of office he isn't listening to us", result - new sheriff. 2006 and beyound "This sheriff doesn't listen oh he does something but it's not what I want." I guess Lincoln was correct when he said you can please some of the people some of the time or was that fool some of the people.

Real issue - with the depressing economy which gives rise to crime and all the evils that come with it we need a strong law enforcement that is backed by the people. This fighting and back biting isn't working. The criminals are having a hay day. Check out community policing it takes both law enforcement and the public getting together to attack the problem of crime. Now that is a real idea. Have a great New Year. :idea:

12-31-2007, 03:30 AM
[quote="Conerned Citizen":1ok7b5if]Cherokee County citizens do question the policy and procedures of Sheriff Keith Lovin and his operation of the jail. When I read the response of Sheriff Lovin to the arrest of his Chief Deputy, it was obvious to me and anyone else who had read the Scout that our Sheriff had lied about his knowledge of Deputy Bennett's behavior it was, after all, printed in an earlier edition of the Scout. There are many unanswered questions. Did Sheriff Lovin complete any type of background check on Deputy Bennett before hiring him and placing him second in command? I would think that would be standard procedure. What was Sheriff Lovin's reaction to this information when he was told by Deputy Figueroa.... other than firing him, did he just dismiss the whole incident? These were pretty serious charges to just overlook. Did the Sheriff know Ray Bennett personally before hiring him? It's hard to imagine Ray Bennett would just wander in and be placed second in command without some prior knowledge of his character. Was Sheriff Lovin aware that the criminals that hare harbored in his jail were being taken out on a regular basis for camping trips, trips to Atlanta, drugs, alcohol, and sex? I am aware that some criminals are allowed work release, but this is ridiculous and as a taxpayer, very hard to swallow. Most taxpayers would prefer our money be used to treat criminals in a humane, but appropriate manner for what they are. The jail is not a resort where accused criminals should be allowed to continue their criminal behavior all the while being stalked by a deputy who is a sexual predator and who doesn't care to use his position for his own deviated pleasure. It has been obvious that drugs seem to be rampant among the prisoners. Cody Coleman and other prisoners who were more fortunate than this man are evidence of this fact. Is there no one at the jail paying attention to the drugs coming into the building? Does no one have to answer for the death of a young inmate in jail now that Sheriff Lovin is in charge? In light of Christopher Woods' tragic ending, it's hard to understand how a death now can be just swept under the carpet. Was there no state investigation into this incident? If so, what were the results, how did the drugs get into the jail? I have noticed since the death of Yacco, there has been a tremendous response from the public. I wholeheartedly agree that the death of the canine was a result of carelessness on the part of the Sheriffs department, but, at some point, our Sheriff needs to stop passing the buck, blaming others for what goes on; within his department or claiming ignorance. He is the head of the Sheriffs department and is ultimately responsible for everything that happens within that department, whether it be good, bad, or ugly.

Same Song and Dance. You raise the Ray Bennett flag. Old news. The situation was reviewed by outside L/E - NCSBI. Bennett went down the big road for longer than most of the sex offenders in Cherokee County. A situation that was most judicially handled.

Christopher Wood was in a prior administration - very serious and sad situation but one that Lovin had no control over. However some of the ones that throw the stones were present under the previous administration; hired or volunteered. What and where were the concerns then.

Long and short this is about the same as everywhere else. Looking back to things how they have gone over the past 15 or so years we have - 1998 "We want a new sheriff this one is not doing anything to make things better", result - new sheriff. 2002 "We have to get this guy out of office he isn't listening to us", result - new sheriff. 2006 and beyound "This sheriff doesn't listen oh he does something but it's not what I want." I guess Lincoln was correct when he said you can please some of the people some of the time or was that fool some of the people.

Real issue - with the depressing economy which gives rise to crime and all the evils that come with it we need a strong law enforcement that is backed by the people. This fighting and back biting isn't working. The criminals are having a hay day. Check out community policing it takes both law enforcement and the public getting together to attack the problem of crime. Now that is a real idea. Have a great New Year. :idea:[/quote:1ok7b5if]

You are so correct in much of what you said and I hope the new year brings better policing. What troubles me and many others is the fact that very experienced law enforcement people have not been utilized by this administration like they should be. Many retired, or ex-police officers with much experience that can help this agency are ignored. Pride and one's ego stand in the way of progress. There have been several very experienced people in our community that were let go, or have not been asked to serve. This is a big problem, its the insecurity of the administration to embrace knowledgeable people.

Its very apparent that our community must be happy with the current results, or someone would have ran against this sheriff. The community is a reflection of the people they place in office. Therefore, we deserve what we have in office. Those who do not like it need to go else where, simple! This is not a place for you, or myself included. I must move on, and will so in due time when the real-estate market improves.

Happy New Year!

12-31-2007, 03:50 AM

ME, THE LOUSY COP

Me, the Lousy Cop

From birth you teach your children that I am a person to be wary of...and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal.

You accuse me of coddling juvenile criminals, until I catch your kid doing something.

You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.

You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals with your troubles.

You shout "Foul!" if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call.

You cry, "Something has to be done about all the crime!" but you can't be bothered with getting involved.

Yes, me, the lousy cop.

- Author unknown
So, Mr. Lousy Cop What makes you think that any man would want you to change a tire for his wife? One can imagine what you would expect in return for changing a tire for ANY WOMAN.

12-31-2007, 10:59 PM

ME, THE LOUSY COP

Me, the Lousy Cop

Yes, me, the lousy cop.

- Author unknown
So, Mr. Lousy Cop What makes you think that any man would want you to change a tire for his wife? One can imagine what you would expect in return for changing a tire for ANY WOMAN.

I am sorry that you hold so much anger inside. Protect and Serve are the core values of Law Enforcement. I would hope that an officer would take the time to ensure that my loved one would make it home safely, and would do so without expectation of reward. God Bless

01-01-2008, 03:32 AM

ME, THE LOUSY COP

Me, the Lousy Cop

Yes, me, the lousy cop.

- Author unknown

I am sorry that you hold so much anger inside. Protect and Serve are the core values of Law Enforcement. I would hope that an officer would take the time to ensure that my loved one would make it home safely, and would do so without expectation of reward. God Bless

Fantasy, or in the movies. Here my neighbors wife was broke down with a fat tire and the deputy called her a wrecker and left the scene. The protect and serve values are a thing of the past. Today's new breed of cop is serve myself and protect myself.

01-07-2008, 12:18 AM
What does "Conerned" mean?

01-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Maybe they dropped the c for concerned. Who knows

01-07-2008, 01:51 PM

ME, THE LOUSY COP

Me, the Lousy Cop

Yes, me, the lousy cop.

- Author unknown

Proof that many are in it for the wrong reasons, several deputies that were in the civilain security arena in this county failed miserably at their jobs. They were terrible! They were forced to leave their job, or be fired for lack of productivity. The only reason they do okay as deputies is becasue they simply drive around and take reports all days. Unless an arrest falls in their lap, they are not proactive in their work.

Take their fancy names away and SUV's and all their toys, and they will go play elsewhere! I guarantee this. The are nothing but grown up children.

01-09-2008, 02:51 AM
I just can't seem to wrap my mind around how so many have so much info that seems to be from inside. Number one if the SO is so corrupt how could you be on the down low unless you are corrupt as well. Hmmmmm sounds like a bunch of sour grapes. Do you really know these officers that you so easily condemn, do you think that exorbant salary is worth being killed, or being out in all kinds of weather while you are snug in your bed at home. You scream about their uslessness until you need them to respond to you and your emergency, give me a break, you sound as if someone licked all the red off your candy.

01-10-2008, 04:35 PM
I just can't seem to wrap my mind around how so many have so much info that seems to be from inside. Number one if the SO is so corrupt how could you be on the down low unless you are corrupt as well. Hmmmmm sounds like a bunch of sour grapes. Do you really know these officers that you so easily condemn, do you think that exorbant salary is worth being killed, or being out in all kinds of weather while you are snug in your bed at home. You scream about their uslessness until you need them to respond to you and your emergency, give me a break, you sound as if someone licked all the red off your candy.

No, I simply do my job for the love of the uniform and the money. I can careless what anyone else does at the S.O. I do my job and go home. If someone wants to remove these people, it will take the FBI, or someone else. Its not my job to remove corrupt officials. I see nothing, I hear nothing. This is the unfortunate way you survive around here.