PDA

View Full Version : Swim Test and PAT?

12-06-2007, 09:23 PM
What does the swim test consist of? I know some departments just require a 200m swim(non-timed) and a buoyancy test of 5 minutes. Can anyone elaborate for me?

Also what does the PAT consist of?

Thanks! :D

MOD 456
12-07-2007, 12:05 PM
I believe ours is 1 100 yd lap any stroke and dive to bottom of pool at deep end pick up item and back to the top. The PAT you need to chk with the Police Academies because each is different...hope that helps

02-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Ehh!! When I did the swin test for the tribe not long ago, you have to swim underwater from the shallow to the deep side and pass a mark point they have (about quarter of the pool). Second you had to swim any style (besides the backstroke) from one end to the other 3 times. Last, float for 10 minutes in the deep without resting on your back or swimming.

BTW: The pool was dirtier than my toilet, after I took a sh!t.

Gatorchaser
02-23-2008, 02:57 AM
Ok, So when is the next swim test ?

02-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Ehh!! When I did the swin test for the tribe not long ago, you have to swim underwater from the shallow to the deep side and pass a mark point they have (about quarter of the pool). Second you had to swim any style (besides the backstroke) from one end to the other 3 times. Last, float for 10 minutes in the deep without resting on your back or swimming.

BTW: The pool was dirtier than my toilet, after I took a sh!t.

You are an immature, dumbazz.

MOD 456
02-26-2008, 11:34 PM
I have no idea when the next swim test is call Det. Collar and find out