PDA

View Full Version : Transparency

12-06-2007, 04:34 PM
The recent re-org is soooooo transparent. Stevie Wonder could see it:

Yet not tell Staab or Decoursey, hey, your both are on probation, especially you Staab and you both have very little knowledge of ABT. One of you has to move to the Central Region in order to continue employment with ABT. If not, your services are no-longer needed. If one or the other vacates the position then advertise the position for a new Major for the Central Region, butttttttttttttt NO, they had to fix something that wasn’t broken by disrupting the entire state. Placing Daytona under Jacksonville under the crazy blond. That announcement opens up a lot of question. Cost effective comes to mind?

I honestly can't see how this was a well-thought out plan especially if a meeting was conducted by the Chief (who still lacks ABT experience) with yet another two inexperience Majors. How about consulting with at least some experience and knowledgable LT's.

All of this, just to make it comfortable for two unknowledgeable ABT Majors.

Well it hasn’t taken long for this administration to lose credibility.

This is a mistake. Just because they use the number stats doesn't mean it's the common-sense approach. Look at what the past admin. did, that made no sense, placed Flagler Co under Orlando, taking it away from Daytona. OK -Orlando agents driving thru Volusia Co. just to get to Flagler Co.

Just asking for a common sense approach to management.

12-06-2007, 10:40 PM
OK, smart guy... how should it be done? Please tell us old wise one. We await your enlightened answer.

12-06-2007, 11:54 PM
"I honestly can't see how this was a well-thought out plan especially if a meeting was conducted by the Chief (who still lacks ABT experience) with yet another two inexperience Majors. How about consulting with at least some experience and knowledgable LT's. "

Regarding the above POST.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!
I was just talking to the mailman...and he couldn't believe that he was never contacted or consulted about the reorg! He was so mad that he left in a huff! I'm not sure that he will ever be back!!

Does anybody have one of those forwarding address cards so that I can get my Christmas cards?

12-06-2007, 11:58 PM

Yet not tell Staab or Decoursey, hey, your both are on probation, especially you Staab and you both have very little knowledge of ABT. One of you has to move to the Central Region in order to continue employment with ABT. If not, your services are no-longer needed. If one or the other vacates the position then advertise the position for a new Major for the Central Region, butttttttttttttt NO, they had to fix something that wasn’t broken by disrupting the entire state. Placing Daytona under Jacksonville under the crazy blond. That announcement opens up a lot of question. Cost effective comes to mind?

I honestly can't see how this was a well-thought out plan especially if a meeting was conducted by the Chief (who still lacks ABT experience) with yet another two inexperience Majors. How about consulting with at least some experience and knowledgable LT's.

This is a mistake. Just because they use the number stats doesn't mean it's the common-sense approach. Look at what the past admin. did, that made no sense, placed Flagler Co under Orlando, taking it away from Daytona. OK -Orlando agents driving thru Volusia Co. just to get to Flagler Co.

Quit your fussing Szaaaabo and get to work..........

12-07-2007, 12:27 AM
To the old timer who can't read, there's the answer as stated in the posting:

Yet not tell Staab or Decoursey, hey, your both are on probation, especially you Staab and you both have very little knowledge of ABT. One of you has to move to the Central Region in order to continue employment with ABT. If not, your services are no-longer needed. If one or the other vacates the position then advertise the position for a new Major for the Central Region,

Now that's a smart guy.

By the way, Szaaabo doesn't have to get to work, he's always working.

12-07-2007, 12:48 AM
To the old timer who can't read, there's the answer as stated in the posting:

Yet not tell Staab or Decoursey, hey, your both are on probation, especially you Staab and you both have very little knowledge of ABT. One of you has to move to the Central Region in order to continue employment with ABT. If not, your services are no-longer needed. If one or the other vacates the position then advertise the position for a new Major for the Central Region,

Now that's a smart guy.

By the way, Szaaabo doesn't have to get to work, he's always working.

He is you...and the only thing that is "always working" is that backstabbing mouth!

12-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Yet not tell Staab or Decoursey, hey, your both are on probation, especially you Staab and you both have very little knowledge of ABT.

PROBATION IS PROBATION! Whether it is 1 day or 364 days. It does not matter, you are still on probation and they can fire or demote you.

12-08-2007, 11:17 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Best "reorg" yet! It creates a little interest! Come all, Come all! Question...will the 2 Majors snap the 2 whinest offices into shape and create some new attitudes or vacancies...or....will the master whinners snap them 2 Majors in the unemployment line? Oh my, oh my... who will prevail?! The whinners or the managers?! Boy oh boy, this could be a money producer if gambling was legal! To be continued......

12-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Yet not tell Staab or Decoursey, hey, your both are on probation, especially you Staab and you both have very little knowledge of ABT.

PROBATION IS PROBATION! Whether it is 1 day or 364 days. It does not matter, you are still on probation and they can fire or demote you.

What are you talking about?! Do you even know?! Probation?!

12-08-2007, 04:59 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Best "reorg" yet! It creates a little interest! Come all, Come all! Question...will the 2 Majors snap the 2 whinest offices into shape and create some new attitudes or vacancies...or....will the master whinners snap them 2 Majors in the unemployment line? Oh my, oh my... who will prevail?! The whinners or the managers?! Boy oh boy, this could be a money producer if gambling was legal! To be continued......

Look....at the end of the day even the Director & Chief make no bones about the fact that this reorg was designed to satisfy the Majors (geographically speaking). And historically, agents have always outlasted managers. Even if these guys last five years, which would be un heard of at their level, that's only 1/5th of an agent's career. Look at history (which will repeat itself), do the math, and bet on the Agents!!!!!!!

12-09-2007, 01:05 AM
That's right...we'll be here when they're all gone. The law of averages is on our side.

12-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Yeah...That's right...we will be here when they're gone. Let me put that in perspective for you.
Long after they have left their crummy $80,000.00 a year position with ABT and moved into another position paying $90,000.00, we will still be here - knocking down $39,000.00 and change....Yeah, that will show 'em.

12-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Yeah...That's right...we will be here when they're gone. Let me put that in perspective for you.
Long after they have left their crummy $80,000.00 a year position with ABT and moved into another position paying $90,000.00, we will still be here - knocking down $39,000.00 and change....Yeah, that will show 'em.

Yeah, but you get to take the car home......

12-09-2007, 02:08 AM

Yeah, but you get to take the car home......

For now....

12-09-2007, 04:29 AM

If its all about money you're in the wrong business!!!

Quit your job and start sellin dope....gangsta!!!!

12-09-2007, 02:37 PM
You are without a doubt, ignorant. For you to infer the next step "up" from a low paid, overworked, unappreciated law enforcement officer is to become a dope selling thug shows your lack of understanding of this issue. None of us (including you if you are in fact an officer) are in this for the money. We hear year after year, there is no money to increase our pay but there is always money for legislative pet projects and special interests. One thing is certain - there won't be any real money in this job as long as people line up to take positions as we leave. Facts are facts - A new agent makes around 40K. A 10 year agent makes about 40K. If that is accepatble to you, then you are in fact part of the problem here.

12-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I want $$$$ too...but realize we are no the only ones! Look at the teachers who taught us. Avg annual $31,000.00. Think about it!

12-09-2007, 06:21 PM
2 new majors: one is a SGT. with no ABT experience, one is a deputy with no ABT experience: neither one qualified to do anything here and they wont ever figure out that ABT is not patrol

12-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Think about what? I don't care what teachers make. Here is it - plain and simple - if every teacher on this planet got a $59,834.21 raise effective today - my pay would be the same. If every teacher just quit today, my pay would be the same. Nothing in my world would change one bit. I don't have kids in school and they don't have kids in school. I don't care if the State "educates" another snot nosed, booger eatiing window licker. Here is something else for you to think about - If you are happy with your job and your pay, you have a pretty simple job - one that robots will be doing soon. You know why people are concerned about the "poor teachers?" It is simple - If these child care professionals didn't exsist, parents would have to take more of an interest in the life of their offspring. No teachers??? It would be awful - who would teach the children? Who cares...put them to work!!! Maybe we could get some of our jobs back from China!!! Society is about to collapse. Dogs are living with cats. Obama is headed for the White House. We worship uneducated and ignorant ball players and actors. Marked cars and uniforms for an investigative agency. What's next? Me worried about what a teacher makes? I don't think so.

12-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Think about what? I don't care what teachers make. Here is it - plain and simple - if every teacher on this planet got a $59,834.21 raise effective today - my pay would be the same. If every teacher just quit today, my pay would be the same. Nothing in my world would change one bit. I don't have kids in school and they don't have kids in school. I don't care if the State "educates" another snot nosed, booger eatiing window licker. Here is something else for you to think about - If you are happy with your job and your pay, you have a pretty simple job - one that robots will be doing soon. You know why people are concerned about the "poor teachers?" It is simple - If these child care professionals didn't exsist, parents would have to take more of an interest in the life of their offspring. No teachers??? It would be awful - who would teach the children? Who cares...put them to work!!! Maybe we could get some of our jobs back from China!!! Society is about to collapse. Dogs are living with cats. Obama is headed for the White House. We worship uneducated and ignorant ball players and actors. Marked cars and uniforms for an investigative agency. What's next? Me worried about what a teacher makes? I don't think so.

Just a point...I am sorry it sounds like you life is not good right now. Do you need someone to talk to? Do you need us to call someone for you? It sounds like you are having a difficult time and suicides peak during this time of year. Do you need some help? I do like you point about the ignorant ball players and actors though...and Oprah is calling the shot on Obama!

12-09-2007, 08:48 PM
I appreciate your concern, but there is no need to worry about me. I call it as I see it and I'm not concerned about popularity contests or how others feel I should think. I have little tolerance for crap, and that seems to be the major export of Tallahassee. The problem isn't with me (or even you.) The problem is the "Nanny State." Too many left wing, no deodorant, birkenstock wearing, lazy little liberals running around. Do you realize that the legislative session will begin in a few months, and they will be right back to their personal agendas - which by the way will include screwing the working man. Don't worry though - they will pump our pay raises into daycare (aka public schools) and thousands of other wasteful projects. They will talk about how rough it is for everyone while giving pay raises to their staff members. They will make a big deal about giving tax breaks for schools supplies (keep in mind that the tax break would fund our living wage request.) The list of insanity is infinite. Here is a suggestion - send your legislator(s) a little note. offer to help them understand the issues. I don't want to bore you with the troubling things in my life, but there is no way a set of floor mats for an Escalade should cost more than a set for a Surbuban. It is just another way of "stickin it to the workin man."

12-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Okay...if you get any worse please call someone. :shock:

12-10-2007, 03:13 AM
Don't know major Dan, but if he is causing grief for the captain, he gets my vote of approval. Ken has shown signs of interest in what we do and the people that do it. A welcome change from what we had in the past..
I hope he can stay around long enough to help us. It's hard to find good people and when we do, they get snapped up by other agencies looking for good people.....go figure.

12-10-2007, 04:58 AM
Don't know major Dan, but if he is causing grief for the captain, he gets my vote of approval. Ken has shown signs of interest in what we do and the people that do it. A welcome change from what we had in the past..
I hope he can stay around long enough to help us. It's hard to find good people and when we do, they get snapped up by other agencies looking for good people.....go figure.

I know why you not been snapped up. You must be one of them sorry a#s Tallahassee freak boys. Freaky, Freaky, Freaky!

12-11-2007, 02:12 AM
Its because useless lazy agents last so long that ABT is still so screwed up.
Shut up and go to work..They are after Cutcliffe at Insurance because she knows nothing about insurance fraud, Liford at Agriculture and Dees at DOT, wake up they are still here...

12-12-2007, 02:46 AM
2 new majors: one is a SGT. with no ABT experience, one is a deputy with no ABT experience: neither one qualified to do anything here and they wont ever figure out that ABT is not patrol

Its not?! I bet the new Chief will figure it out with his vast knowledge and vast experience. What do you think? Look what a good job he did on the reorg chart I am in awe. He is amazing. He is the one. What a choice. We are all so lucky. Who would have ever thought to put Daytona under Jacksonville and Tampa under Tallahassee. Simply amazing. Being its the Holiday lets all have a group hug and give thanks to how blessed we are to have the new Chief and the wonderful new Director. Happy Holidays. :shock:

12-12-2007, 03:00 AM

Well I think it is just ridiculious. There is no logicial explanation on why Daytona had to be part of the reorg. It is a waste of time and money to reorg again. I do not know why HR and Management Services keep approving all these statewide reorgs that makes no sense. If it aint broke dont fix it. But at the end of the day when I realize who makes the desicions it could be worse cause he and she are not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

12-12-2007, 03:07 AM
The two Majors are very experienced with ABT. It only takes a good 4 weeks. Its almost like DOG years times 10. As you know the average agent works 2.5 hours a day for a two day work week which equals 20 hours a month. When you total the calulation the Majors, who work 60+ hours a week already have a couple of years experience compared to the average agent. This makes the qualified, knowlegeable and experienced. Dont you all agree?

12-13-2007, 01:17 AM
The two Majors are very experienced with ABT. It only takes a good 4 weeks. Its almost like DOG years times 10. As you know the average agent works 2.5 hours a day for a two day work week which equals 20 hours a month. When you total the calulation the Majors, who work 60+ hours a week already have a couple of years experience compared to the average agent. This makes the qualified, knowlegeable and experienced. Dont you all agree?

Although I question the 2.5 hours a day, your logic is flawless.

12-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Long after they have left their crummy $80,000.00 a year position with ABT and moved into another position paying $90,000.00, we will still be here - knocking down $39,000.00 and change....Yeah, that will show 'em. But they will have to work. Tee hee

12-22-2007, 08:26 PM

Its not?! I bet the new Chief will figure it out with his vast knowledge and vast experience. What do you think? Look what a good job he did on the reorg chart I am in awe. He is amazing. He is the one. What a choice. We are all so lucky. Who would have ever thought to put Daytona under Jacksonville and Tampa under Tallahassee. Simply amazing. Being its the Holiday lets all have a group hug and give thanks to how blessed we are to have the new Chief and the wonderful new Director. Happy Holidays. :shock:

Happy Holidays!

12-24-2007, 02:33 PM
What's wrong with the re-org? Geier did the best job with what he had to work with.

01-10-2008, 09:56 PM
What's wrong with the re-org? Geier did the best job with what he had to work with.

What's wrong with re-org you ask? That's the way they get rid of people who fall from their grace. It goes something like this.............

"Here I sit, filled with glee
Glad they didn't reorganize me
Dept. of this, Division of that
Can't help wondering where (fill in the blank) at?"

Get the picture?
Yeah, I know you don't end a sentence with a preposition.