PDA

View Full Version : Who is the all time best supervisor? Who is the worst?

12-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Who do you guys think is the best and the worst supervisors?

12-07-2007, 09:47 AM

Sgt. Watkins was the best supervisor I've ever worked for.

The most unfavorable supervisor should is well aware who he is. If he does not know then he should read some of the other threads on this site.

12-07-2007, 02:55 PM

Sgt. Watkins was the best supervisor I've ever worked for.

The most unfavorable supervisor should is well aware who he is. If he does not know then he should read some of the other threads on this site.She was everyones mom not a supervisor, you need to set some criteria here.

12-08-2007, 02:15 PM
We don't really have any "good" supervisors anymore - most of them have retired. About all we have left are the ones who have that brown ring around their neck - can't make a decision to save their souls! But then that's what the man wants - remember as recently as last year when Todd and Sonia were on the bottom of the totem pole - now see what happened - both kiss a little (a huge) ^%$ and they're getting promoted -
She couldn't handle training what's gonna happen as a Captain????

12-08-2007, 02:31 PM
We don't really have any "good" supervisors anymore - most of them have retired. About all we have left are the ones who have that brown ring around their neck - can't make a decision to save their souls! But then that's what the man wants - remember as recently as last year when Todd and Sonia were on the bottom of the totem pole - now see what happened - both kiss a little (a huge) ^%$ and they're getting promoted -
She couldn't handle training what's gonna happen as a Captain????Don't be such a hater, just because you can't pass the test (or are afraid to take it).

Both of the two you mentioned make mistakes, were held accountable, paid their penance without complaint, and then went on and committed themselves to doing a great job! That is called personal integrity in case you don't realize it. I'll take the two of them over whiners who pretend they are not brown noser (but are when their friends are not looking). Grow up!

12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values:incorruptibility

This definition is right out of Merriam Webster dictionary - doesnt say anything about kissing butt to get what you want

Personal Integrity is the stones to have a belief and to stand up for it - and not just go along to get a promotion - I don't see any personal integrity in either of them

12-09-2007, 03:24 AM
WHO IS THE FEMALE SGT WITH THE BLACK HAIR????

12-09-2007, 01:38 PM
1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values:incorruptibility

This definition is right out of Merriam Webster dictionary - doesnt say anything about kissing butt to get what you want

Personal Integrity is the stones to have a belief and to stand up for it - and not just go along to get a promotion - I don't see any personal integrity in either of themGlad to know you can read a dictionary, because I was afraid you were totally blinded by hate. I guess your eyes are just blinded to the truth.

12-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm not blind but you might be - blinded by that brown stuff on your nose! I don't hate anyone in the agency, but I do not respect anyone who hasn't got the balls to do what's right - and we have quite a few of those

12-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Probably Sgt. Quinones

WHO IS THE FEMALE SGT WITH THE BLACK HAIR????

12-09-2007, 09:33 PM
HOW IS SHE AS A SGT??? NOT BAD TO LOOK AT !!! THERE ARE SOME HERE THAT ARE NOT BAD, BUT THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND TOO MANY TIMES FOR ME...

12-09-2007, 10:01 PM
HOW IS SHE AS A SGT??? NOT BAD TO LOOK AT !!! THERE ARE SOME HERE THAT ARE NOT BAD, BUT THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND TOO MANY TIMES FOR ME...

Keep looking, she bats for the other team. Although I heard she went back to guys so she can get promoted to Capt.

12-09-2007, 10:07 PM

Best: None

Worst: Ron "I’m god bow before me you infidel" Bukers
His own son hates him so much that he never talkes to him. I wonder why. I hope his balls fall off after his vasectomy.

12-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Crappydale Cop...
I HEARD THAT TOO... MET HER ONCE BACK ON MID'S AT FLASHBACK.. I HEARD SHE IS SOON TO BE MARRIED.. JUST WONDERING.. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP...

12-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm not blind but you might be - blinded by that brown stuff on your nose! I don't hate anyone in the agency, but I do not respect anyone who hasn't got the balls to do what's right - and we have quite a few of thoseMaybe your nose isn't brown but your face is green from jealousy. Beside who made you the queen of what's right and wrong.

12-10-2007, 03:20 PM

Personal Integrity is the stones to have a belief and to stand up for it - and not just go along to get a promotion - I don't see any personal integrity in either of themAmerican Heritage defines it as "adherence to a code of behavior--probity(which means..goodness honesty and virtue)

ps. you left out part of the Merriam definition that didn't serve your point, which speaks to your integrity.

12-11-2007, 02:17 AM
Todd didn’t kiss ass. Todd made a mistake...received his punishment (somewhat excessive) and took it on the chin. Todd took the punishment and kept his mouth shut and continued to do his job. This is maybe something that a lot of you should try...shut your whining and *****in' mouths and try doing your jobs just once...instead of creating reasons to justify your laziness and poor work ethic.

As for Sonia, I haven’t seen her kissing ass either. Sonia went through some personal issues and as a result her work performance may have been affected. She dealt with her issues and continued to do her job to the best of her ability. How is that kissing ass.

It seems that anyone who recognizes that they have made a mistake or done wrong and accepts their punishment is kissing ass in some eyes. I don’t call that kissing ass...I call that being an adult and accepting responsibility for one’s actions. I guess that if you don’t start *****ing and moaning…stop doing your job… join the handful of disgruntled individuals…you are considered an ass kisser.

Oh…and heaven forbid you are friends with someone prior to their promotion and you continue to remain that individual’s friend post-promotion…holy sh#$.

To all others who have chosen not to jump onto the disgruntled bandwagon and actually have pride and work ethic...keep up the good work. Don't allow a few disgruntled individuals (who will never be content or happy with anything) negatively influence you.

12-11-2007, 05:58 AM
IT COULD BE WORSE YOU COULD BE IN GOLDEN BEACH OR AVENTURA.. BE GLAD.. THOSE PLACES ARE PIE HOLES

12-11-2007, 08:24 PM
IT COULD BE WORSE YOU COULD BE IN GOLDEN BEACH OR AVENTURA.. BE GLAD.. THOSE PLACES ARE PIE HOLES

I though Aventura was happy with thier pay raise and all the cool toys they have.

12-12-2007, 02:00 PM
adim problems.. thats everywhere... If they hire 4 there is other 4 leaving...

12-14-2007, 12:49 AM
I'm from Georgia and have been considering employment in South Florida. After having read this blog I know for a fact that Hallandale is NOT for me. I can't understand how you people treat each other at that department. God forbid I do a good job and seek a promotion. Apparently you all would hate me and talk sh@@@@@t about me. Don't need to be around folks like that.

12-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Don't judge us all by the postings of a few. Many of the posts are the same person with different usernames. But you do need thick skin to work here and anywhere in south florida. You are surrounded by ex-new yorkers and they are tough to live with. We are definately not like the polite people you are use to in N. Fl, GA, and the Carolinas. But you can't beat the pay and benefits down here.

12-14-2007, 03:35 PM
TO JOB SEEKER... I AM NOT TOO SURE THAT YOU WOULD MAKE IT HERE IN THIS DEPARTMENT WOULD NOT WANT TO HEAR YOU CRYING ABOUT HOW SOMEONE TALKS TO YOU... THATS LIFE IN THIS JOB... BESIDES FLA IS NOT FUN IN THE SUN THERE AREA LOTS OF "F" PEOPLE IN FLA.... GOLDEN BEACH PD MAYBE FOR YOU...GOOD LUCK!!!!

01-17-2008, 02:55 AM
I actually had the opportunity to attend a training seminar several years ago in Hallandale and found Sgt Quinones to be Very professional and knowledgable and if she is getting promoted then good for her and good luck to her

01-21-2008, 06:33 PM
I am just catching up on this forum. This is retired 28D13. I know many of you feel more comfortable posting annoymously and I completely understand it. I truly miss working with most of you. There are those that liked working with me and some that I am sure did not. You have some new promotions that I feel will in time become good supervisors, but it takes time. Sadly you have so many new ones that it is will be a long time for the dust to settle and them to be the best they can. By some of the writing styles I know who is posting here and there are officers and admiinstrators.

My thought on Hallandale are many. I did love my job and would not have traded it for any other job. Hallandale does have its problems, as do all agencies, which I will not publicly put out there, it could turn into a libel. Many of talk and we do know what and who the real problems are. Anyway that is enough of that for now. Will write more later.

01-27-2008, 04:04 AM
I have had the experience of knowing The Chief and in my opinion he was the best street cop and detective in Hallandale for a long time. So I think he has earned his way to the rank of Chief without a brown ring around his neck or sucking ****. Stop whining and start acting like paid professionals and follow in his footsteps and stop complaining.

01-31-2008, 02:22 AM
I have had the experience of knowing The Chief and in my opinion he was the best street cop and detective in Hallandale for a long time. So I think he has earned his way to the rank of Chief without a brown ring around his neck or sucking ****. Stop whining and start acting like paid professionals and follow in his footsteps and stop complaining.
does that mean you rode his nob while you worked there or that he looked the other way when you were breaking the law?

02-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Best online pharmacy!! (http://mysexmovies.info/farm.html)
http://adultplus.cn/farm.gif (http://mysexmovies.info/farm.html)

04-25-2008, 10:56 AM
best sgt is janine baby,, czarnec gave out her "best" years ago,,

06-09-2008, 04:33 AM
Okay, I'm going back here, but the post does say "best and worst of all time."
Back in the day we had Lt. Draper. A little prick with severe issues. You never knew which one of his personalities he was going to show up with.

And does anyone remember Sgt. Conover? (Sp?) Poor guy did'nt have a clue.

[/u]

06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
The new guys won't remember Sgt. "Big Daddy" Wheeler...but he was a good guy and a real trip to work for/with.

In my opinion...some of the better supervisors that are no longer here are:

Hock
Tarr
Varone (ALWAYS stuck up for her people and encouraged the "workers". And by workers she didn't mean "tickets" like some of these Sgts.)

And I wonder if Ex/Sgt. Myra still has that part time English accent ?? It only came out occasionally. What brought that silly accent out anyway...she wasn't even from England ??

07-16-2008, 04:22 AM
How about Lt. Raymond A. Reilly #24, was the a for A-hole?
He hated LIVER and yes, I put it in his box many, many years ago.
You can all thank me...
Janine was a follower & spy for him and so was Jamie...anything to
work the way up the rank..Conover poor thing, he was married to a
very nice lady and had a nice family. How about Joe Grahn?
Joe was a nut job...telling citizens to put their heads on the railroad tracks
while a train passes..signal 20 all the way..How about poor old
Dennis White, she ran him to the bankruptcy file along with Terrones!

07-16-2008, 08:35 PM
You can all thank me...
Dennis White, she ran him to the bankruptcy file along with Terrones! CARLOS?

07-17-2008, 08:04 PM
You can all thank me...
Dennis White, she ran him to the bankruptcy file along with Terrones!Reilly was the biggest prick I ever met. I worked alpha with him as my Lt so I can attest firsthand. Grahn was a nutjob but was pretty good to work for. Connover didnt have a clue. There used to be a Sgt that couldnt read or write English, the good ole days.

07-17-2008, 08:32 PM
I had just turned 21 when I started at Hallandale, my first FTO was Jack Sarfaty then it was Reis Davis. Two very different but very good police officers. Chief Magill was a detective then. Even though at times things were difficult, I have some very fond memories of my time at Hallandale. I think my old squad was Tony Lilly, Danny Semkow, Dan Smith, A big red haired guy whose name I can remember, Doc Oconnell, Reis Davis, (RIP), Mark Tarr, Jim Llinas, Mark Eddy, Jose Cardoso, Pat Seals, Mike, ( cant remember the last name but he dated a very pretty girl who worked the desk named Amy) Dennis White was the alpha K9. My Sgt's through the years I was there were Joe Grahn, Pete Lockwood and Dave Miles. I miss the time I spent there and I hope all the "Old-timers" are all doing well.

07-21-2008, 05:48 PM
ok, it was Jimmy Stewart the big guy with red hair, he went northbound
to maybe Orlando area for a PO job.
Jody Palermo??? where did he go? Ohara? Trawinski (BSO). Dale (BSO)
Carlos Martinez??? hmmm oh Frank Good (Plantation)...
Tommy Long?? who are you 4mer?
I remember Jack to this day, he was put inside the station all the time
as 6 xray 1. He use to ask everyone if we would attend his funeral...
The woman inside were Rosann (RIP), Rosalee (RIP), Phyliss who
retired, Nola Senn, Barb (went to Miami), Amy (went to Miami Beach),
Diane (went to crime scene in Ocala), Dottie (commisioner).

07-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Kody = Kodiac Mitch Franks old dog was the best..
Is Mitch still at Davie PD?

07-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Pirate Pete Lockwood was the best. Evenhanded with a good dose of common sense thrown in. A great squad Sgt. I found him so funny. Anyone remember the time he tumbled over the rollcall podium and nearly killed himself? Bruce Smoot sat there just out of harm's way almost choking on his pipe laughing his ass off. Is Pete still with us?

Bill Edelman (Sp?) was another good one. Again evenhanded. Pete and Bill were the type of Sgts. that young pups needed to guide them. At least that is what I saw during my short tenure there.

Jody Palermo, whatever happened to him?

07-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Pirate Pete Lockwood was the best. Evenhanded with a good dose of common sense thrown in. A great squad Sgt. I found him so funny. Anyone remember the time he tumbled over the rollcall podium and nearly killed himself? Bruce Smoot sat there just out of harm's way almost choking on his pipe laughing his ass off. Is Pete still with us?

Bill Edelman (Sp?) was another good one. Again evenhanded. Pete and Bill were the type of Sgts. that young pups needed to guide them. At least that is what I saw during my short tenure there.

Jody Palermo, whatever happened to him? Pete passed away last year, complications from diabetes. I worked for him too he was a real real nice guy. Edelman, well you got the young pups part correct, he was arrested and convicted of molesting little boys after retirement and working for the school board. Palermo went to either Seminole or Volusia County where he made Lt. but he might have left there for private enterprise.

Jim Stewart is a traffic sergeant with Indian River County. Mitch Frank retired from Davie PD and now teaches at the academy

07-22-2008, 01:15 PM
ok, it was Jimmy Stewart the big guy with red hair, he went northbound
to maybe Orlando area for a PO job.
Jody Palermo??? where did he go? Ohara? Trawinski (BSO). Dale (BSO)
Carlos Martinez??? hmmm oh Frank Good (Plantation)...
Tommy Long?? who are you 4mer?
I remember Jack to this day, he was put inside the station all the time
as 6 xray 1. He use to ask everyone if we would attend his funeral...
The woman inside were Rosann (RIP), Rosalee (RIP), Phyliss who
retired, Nola Senn, Barb (went to Miami), Amy (went to Miami Beach),
Diane (went to crime scene in Ocala), Dottie (commisioner).

My vote on 4mer's ID is Zibrin, hey Mike is that you?

07-22-2008, 10:12 PM
Eugene Vozzola?

07-23-2008, 07:11 AM
Wow, .......so Edelman was a pedophile. Never saw that one coming.
But now that I think back, I remember being fussed at for using the word "Homo" over the radio. They said Edelman would'nt like it. Makes sense now. Another one I never saw coming was being told that my first FTO, Dennis Ur, had become a crackhead. At the time I knew him he was very squared away and into the job.

And did someone mention Doc O'Connell? The biggest voyeur I've ever known. I mean it was habitual. I was forever catching him in my zone with either a spotting scope the size of a bazooka, or a pair of shipboard binoculars peering through some window. One time, (after being cussed out for lighting him up with my high beams) he allowed me to look through his tripod mounted scope. I took a peek and saw that it was zoomed in on some hapless female in a condo across the Intercoastal sitting in her undies on a sofa watching t.v. When I remarked that the Sears catalog had more excitement in it's bra and underwear pages he sneered, "Well, every now and then she gets up during a commercial and you can see her cheeks." I swear I felt I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

07-23-2008, 07:12 AM
Tom Ramsay?

07-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Nope, not Tom.
I meant to say Doc was the biggest voyeur I've ever known.

07-23-2008, 07:18 AM
OK, this is annoying. You mean you can't mention voyeurism on this site?

07-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Remember Marsha Roadan?

07-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Eugene Vozzola? Another "Ped".

07-23-2008, 03:32 PM
OK, this is annoying. You mean you can't mention . on this site? How about voyeur?

07-23-2008, 04:11 PM
OK, lets try it this way.

V is for
O is for
Y is for
E is for
U is for
R is for

07-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Whew..... finally, that did it.
Why would the word V-----, or voyeurism be edited on this site"?

07-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Eugene Vozzola? Another "Ped".Was there another onr besides him?

07-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Eugene Vozzola? Another "Ped".Was there another onr besides him? Edelman and Vozzola were enough.

07-29-2008, 02:32 AM
He went to law school and became a defense attorney, right????

07-29-2008, 02:41 PM
He went to law school and became a defense attorney, right????Ted Crespi went to law school worked for Broward State Attorney then went into private practice. Mark Ewart (RIP)and Mark Emmanuel also became legal eagles.

11-14-2008, 11:52 PM
ONE OF MY FAVORITES WOULD HAVE TO BE STEWIE AHEARN. SAY WHAT U WANT BUT IS COOL WITH ME. AS FOR SONIA, SHE'S A VERY SWEET PERSON AND HER SEXUAL PREFERENCE SHOU;D HAVE KNOW BEARING ON HER PROMOTION. STOP HATING!! GREEN IS SO NOT A GOOD COLOR FOR U!! I'M HAPPY THAT SHE WAS ABLE TO BECOME A CAPTAIN SHE DESERVES IT.

11-15-2008, 11:26 PM
ONE OF MY FAVORITES WOULD HAVE TO BE STEWIE AHEARN. SAY WHAT U WANT BUT IS COOL WITH ME. AS FOR SONIA, SHE'S A VERY SWEET PERSON AND HER SEXUAL PREFERENCE SHOU;D HAVE KNOW BEARING ON HER PROMOTION. STOP HATING!! GREEN IS SO NOT A GOOD COLOR FOR U!! I'M HAPPY THAT SHE WAS ABLE TO BECOME A CAPTAIN SHE DESERVES IT.

I am just curious...why do you feel that she was so "deserving" of the promotion? I am not putting her down, nor am I saying anything negative. You made a statement and I am curious to hear your reasoning. What do you think should be some determining factors in choosing the right person for promotion?

06-24-2009, 12:27 AM
I would have to say that the wonderful Sgt R.B. is the best ever. He is always looking out for the best interest of his troops. He's always on the radio checking up on them just to let them know he cares.

06-30-2009, 12:27 AM
i prefer marsha

04-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Yes! Dave Williams and Robin Varone.
However the KING was Lt. "Let's have a quiet night" Lanier Mance!
Never answered the radio but when the shit hit the fan showed up out of nowhere.
And in the morning looked better than we did.

04-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Sgt Burt Sheppard.

04-16-2014, 06:41 PM
scarpati is the best as long as your one of his rats like freddy or yan and as long as you dont mind being completely micromanaged because he had no idea how to be an officer so he is a shitty sgt

DreidelSpinner4Life
04-18-2014, 04:20 AM
HAHA GREAT SUCCESS!!! THANK YOU FOR FINALLY INDUCTING ME INTO THIS GARBAGE WHERE SOME PEOPLE WHOSE BALLS NEVER FULLY DROPPED GET TO SNEAK AROUND AND HIDE, MUCH LIKE A RAT, BEHIND THEIR COMPUTERS AND TALK SHIT ABOUT EACHOTHER. ITS CUTE... THAT POST ABOVE WAS WRITTEN AT 14:41 HOURS..MID AFTERNOON...SO YOU WERE AT HOME CRYING ABOUT YOUR MISERABLE EXISTANCE AND PONDERING WHAT PART OF THIS DEPARTMENT YOUR GOINA MOAN AND GROAN ABOUT THIS WEEK AND EUREKA! YOUR SYNAPSES FIRED AND YOU FINALLY MANAGED TO PUT TOGETHER A THOUGHT INSTEAD OF JUST PIGGYBACKING OFF OF THREADS ON LEO AFFAIRS! OH WAIT NEVERMIND YOU DID DO THAT. GLAD TO KNOW YOUR THINKING OF ME WHEN YOUR AT HOME...NEXT TIME YOU HAVE A THOUGHT, SAVE IT, AND COME TELL ME. ILL BE 10-8 ON 04-21, 04-22, 04-25, 04-26, 04-27, 04-30, 05-01, 05-05, 05-06 AND SEVERAL MORE DAYS FOR THE BETTER PART OF TWO DECADES... IF YOU CAN MANAGE TO CULTIVATE A PAIR FEEL FREE AT ANY TIME TO COME WHISPER SWEET NOTHINGS INTO MY EAR ABOUT HOW I'M SUCH A RAT. 1900-0630. CITYWIDE... CITYPARKS. SHALOM.

04-19-2014, 03:52 PM
For someone who jokes around and talks a lot about other people you think he would have taken that a little better. And did you just brag about being a floater? Lmfao

DreidelSpinner4Life
04-20-2014, 02:39 AM
LOL I TOOK IT WELL..ISH! AND NO.. "CITY WIDE CITY PARKS" WAS JUST A "I MAKE A FUNNY" REFERENCE TO THE WAY ONE OF OUR PART-TIMERS LOGS ON IN THE MORNING. IT'D BE A LITTLE SILLY TO BRAG ABOUT BEING A FLOATER...AND KIND OF DIFFICULT TO DO SO IF YOU CONSIDER THE FACT THAT OH I DON'T KNOW...I'M NOT A FLOATER. ALL IN GOOD FUN ANYWAYS. THANKS FOR PLAYING. MAZEL TOV.