PDA

View Full Version : PADDY WAGON

12-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Over on the SSO board, they said that SPD has a Paddy Wagon. Well, I saw it for the first time yesterday. It said "prisoner transport" on the side (or something like that). Is it working out okay??? Who's idea was it??? Maybe SSO should do that countywide???

12-05-2007, 05:42 PM
MSO has been doing it for years on evening and mis and have now added it to day shift.Goes right to arrest location or one of their districts

12-06-2007, 02:00 AM
Over on the SSO board, they said that SPD has a Paddy Wagon. Well, I saw it for the first time yesterday. It said "prisoner transport" on the side (or something like that). Is it working out okay??? Who's idea was it??? Maybe SSO should do that countywide???

SSO Deps have wanted it for years. Its the brass that have shot it down each time. Its make no sense . It saves manpower and money and keeps more deputies on the street. Keep it up SPD- hopefully my agency will wake up one day

12-20-2007, 01:42 AM
The SPD transport van was the idea of Capt Spitler, it was a way of dealing with the long lines at booking. Its easier to just use one officer and keep the others 10-8 . And besides the transport vans get priority . Its worked great and the new 2008 Chev 1 ton van is on order. Tricked out with individual prisoner compartments , closed circuit tv , computer , printer and of course our famous pink handcuffs.

12-21-2007, 01:38 AM
The SPD transport van was the idea of Capt Spitler, it was a way of dealing with the long lines at booking. Its easier to just use one officer and keep the others 10-8 . And besides the transport vans get priority . Its worked great and the new 2008 Chev 1 ton van is on order. Tricked out with individual prisoner compartments , closed circuit tv , computer , printer and of course our famous pink handcuffs.
Kudos to Spitler for getting that ball rolling. Now if we at the SSO could ever catch up with such revolutionary technology...