PDA

View Full Version : Pension

12-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Hey guys stop complaining about a pension plan, you pay into one every week, and you can draw it at 68 years old, SOCIAL SECURITY. insurance included.

02-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Hey guys stop complaining about a pension plan, you pay into one every week, and you can draw it at 68 years old, SOCIAL SECURITY. insurance included.

So if there is a hiring freeze does that mean the pension is on hold. Does anyone have information on the status of the pension.

02-06-2008, 10:24 PM

So if there is a hiring freeze does that mean the pension is on hold. Does anyone have information on the status of the pension. Your supervisors should keep you informed. The chief or major bob should follow through and make sure you have the information. We should be updated, they hired a capt. to take care of the pension, but it is up to the tribe on the pension plan I'm sure major bob is looking out for us. I don't think things are being passed on to the officers.

02-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Our supervisor told us last week, Dont count on a pension. If you really want one you should look elsewhere. That was straight from the LT's mouth.

02-07-2008, 03:06 AM
Our supervisor told us last week, Dont count on a pension. If you really want one you should look elsewhere. That was straight from the LT's mouth. Then the Lt should be fired, he knows better. Someone should have the courage to stand up for the pension. The state has signed an agreement with the tribe, so the pension should be next. Ask the Lt why and whom did he hear that from. In the past the tribe was going to work with us on the pension. If the chief knew who the Lt was that said that he would take care of it. Hang in there, what are supervisors for? I think that our biggest problem , no supervision thats why our moral is down.

02-07-2008, 03:32 AM
Our supervisor told us last week, Dont count on a pension. If you really want one you should look elsewhere. That was straight from the LT's mouth. Then the Lt should be fired, he knows better. Someone should have the courage to stand up for the pension. The state has signed an agreement with the tribe, so the pension should be next. Ask the Lt why and whom did he hear that from. In the past the tribe was going to work with us on the pension. If the chief knew who the Lt was that said that he would take care of it. Hang in there, what are supervisors for? I think that our biggest problem , no supervision thats why our moral is down.

The lying, cheating, and changing criteria for promotions all the time is what is wrong with this agency. I know I seen it with my own eyes. I have been around this agency longer than any chief, most of the captain's, all of the lt's, and the sgt's that is currently working here. You rookies it's time to take the blind fold off and take advise from a senior, experienced employee who has been lied to for the past nine years.

02-12-2008, 01:28 PM
If you guys want a PENSION go work somewhere else, the tribe will never get us a PENSION because no money can be made from it. Just let it go already. The LT that was honest to the officer is 10-8 in my book, only because he is being truthful and most likely has one. If you want a PENSION your working in the wrong place, if you dont mind not having one this place isn't so bad.

02-12-2008, 01:33 PM
You hit it on the nose, very well said.

02-12-2008, 05:07 PM
If you put at least 10% in your 401K you will have plenty of money to retire on.

02-12-2008, 09:41 PM
WE ARE REAL COPS WE SHOULD HAVE A REAL PENSION/RETIREMENT LIKE EVERY OTHER POLICE DEPARTMENT, REAL COPS DON'T HAVE 401K 'S THEY HAVE PENSIONS.
I KNOW YOUR TRYING TO KEEP THE MORAL UP BUT YOU KNOW AS WELL AS ALL OF US THAT OUR 5% 401K IS MICKEY MOUSE.

02-13-2008, 12:52 AM
I agree with you HWD. But I just don't think we will ever get a pension. Unfortunately, the only way I see it ever happening, is if no one would work here. But jobs are hard to come buy and they will always be some retired guy or rookie just trying to get their foot in a dept, that will take a job here. Maybe if the entire Dept banded together and demanded some type of pension plan. What we need is all the officers to band together here. But that wont happen, because they would fire every single one of us if we did.

02-15-2008, 09:35 PM
WE ARE REAL COPS WE SHOULD HAVE A REAL PENSION/RETIREMENT LIKE EVERY OTHER POLICE DEPARTMENT, REAL COPS DON'T HAVE 401K 'S THEY HAVE PENSIONS.
I KNOW YOUR TRYING TO KEEP THE MORAL UP BUT YOU KNOW AS WELL AS ALL OF US THAT OUR 5% 401K IS MICKEY MOUSE.

Actually aot of departments do, maybe not in YOUR immedeate area, but alot of City's, Townships, ect. do form 401K's. Managed correctly they can be profitable. However, I do agree a pension would be the best for us. But your should do a little more research prior to making that statement.