PDA

View Full Version : This site Blows

12-03-2007, 09:42 PM
I have to say most of everything I have been reading on this site BLOWS!!. It sounds like a bunch of old ladys with nothing better to do but find the most littlist, uncaring subject and argue back and forth. There are some real major issues that are going on, for example the 6 million dollars the S.O is not getting next year, the fact that there will be a new Sheriff soon. The fact that we are so top heavy (brass) and that the S.O is thinking of adding some more. The morale of the troops are down. The fact that just about every district is running short on Deputies (OFFICER SAFTEY). That the powers that be have us walking on egg shells becuase of the hash punishments that they have been dishing out for the most minamel infractions. I can keep going on but what would that get me, those who read this can figure it out for them selfs and realize whats going on around them. Instead of us fighting over the stupied things with each other we should band together and fight for the big things. It dosen't seem like the Brass cares whats going on with the line Deputies. They are just worried if they will hold there current position when the new Sheriff takes office or what they can do to be the next one to be promoted. These are some of my thoughts, look around you and think about whats going on in your area (district) and tell me that you don't see, feel or hear some of what I stated is happening. I love being a cop and I like most of the people I work with. I would hate to see something happen to myself or anyone else I work with becuase us line Deputies are being forgotten.
To everyone out there stay safe and Happy Holidays.

veteranrookie
12-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Does this mean you won't be posting on here again? If so, I will surely miss your 4th grade comprehension of the English language.

If this site blows then the addition of your far from insightful thoughts hasn't changed it for the better, my friend.

And while I'm giving out friendly advice:

You've made it this far on the internet, stop by this site prior to your next post on this one: www.merriam-webster.com (http://www.merriam-webster.com)

It should help with those "nasty" grammatical errors.

12-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Argggg, I am so tired of the standard hue and cry "were top heavy" Wahhhh, the brass doesnt care about us. First off, any sup will tell you that you can really only supervise about 5-7guys (and thast assuming nine are incompetent). Gotta have LT's supervising sgts. Cant have one captain supervising 8 district lt's and 4 fld Lts.....so you need commanders. Not sure what you want to get rid of (outside of one or two commander spots that maybe should be LT's.

As for the brass not caring, caring about what? What is it exactly that the brass doesn't "care" about? That you can't afford a new house? what is it that is going wrong they should be caring about specifically?

You say that we are facing a budget cut of $6 million dollars...then you go on to complain that we are short on deputies. Well no #%@^!...how do you think we could take a $6 million cut???? by alowing vacancies to go unfilled .

Man, I thought teachers were complaining alot.

12-04-2007, 02:44 AM
Guest98765, I have one question for you. Uuuhhh....WHAT?

12-04-2007, 03:18 AM
Typical responses from the same people. I think you guys just change your names every so often so that it looks like more people look at and use this site. Ask your self this..Does it really bother you the way I spell and use the english language. Are you an english teacher? If you are a teacher then go work for the Collier School District, Bi#$h!! And to the two that say whaa about my top heavy remarks...I guess you don't mind not getting our merit raise or coast of living becuase we have to cut 6 million dollars but we can add a few more Lt's, Commanders and a couple of Capts. Every one on this site claims to know everything but you are all just a bunch of idiots. Espically the ones that answered my original post. You guys constantly post your hollier then know B.S.

***(The rest of the post was deleted my Mod 167 due to violations of the Terms of Use Agreement. Guest98765 take it down a notch if you want to continue to post. It is obvious that your intent is only to stir the pot and get the users fired up. That is not the purpose of this site so unless something constructive is posted very soon I will be forced to remove the entire thread. The ball is in your court...Mod 167)

12-04-2007, 04:10 AM
Well, I don't know what your talking about. We all got our "merit raises" this year2.7% on yu ranniversary plus a seperate 2.7% so it seems you just want to complain.

12-04-2007, 04:12 AM
Wow..with an attitude like that guest 98765, its hard to understand why you haven't become "brass".

12-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Well, I don't know what your talking about. We all got our "merit raises" this year2.7% on yu ranniversary plus a seperate 2.7% so it seems you just want to complain.
Talking about next year. I too got both of my raises this year. And to the remark about my attitude, I neer said I wanted to be brass.

veteranrookie
12-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Typical responses from the same people. I think you guys just change your names every so often so that it looks like more people look at and use this site. Ask your self this..Does it really bother you the way I spell and use the english language. Are you an english teacher? If you are a teacher then go work for the Collier School District, Bi#$h!! And to the two that say whaa about my top heavy remarks...I guess you don't mind not getting our merit raise or coast of living becuase we have to cut 6 million dollars but we can add a few more Lt's, Commanders and a couple of Capts. Every one on this site claims to know everything but you are all just a bunch of idiots. Espically the ones that answered my original post. You guys constantly post your hollier then know B.S. *****the remainder of this post was removed by MOD 167*****

You will always get the standard response when you post the same rhetoric we all have grown tired of.

Your initial post is a perfect example of what is keeping this site from being a way to effectively communicate with one another in a forum that doesn't have the influence of our agency. At the same time, if you are a member of the CCSO (which I'm doubtful of) you should be able to carry yourself a little better than what I've seen so far. Have some tact. If you feel the need to bash this forum, i.e. "This site Blows," then go somewhere else. It's that simple. Take a minute to read the User Agreement because you're an IP address blockage away from being someone else's problem.

Go take your anger out on a criminal...

12-05-2007, 09:28 AM
WE ALL HAVE OUR PERSPECTIVES. I HAVE BEEN HERE A LONG TIME AND HAVE SEEN AND BEEN THRU A LOT HERE. I CAN SAY THAT THE UPPER STAFF DOES NOT CARE ABOUT INDIVIDUALS, JUST LIABILITIES AND PUBLIC IMAGES. HOWEVER, ONCE YOU REALIZE THAT YOU ARE REPLACEABLE AND JUST A BODY IN A POSITION, YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS JOB IS ABOUT. WE HAVE THINGS GOOD IN A LOT OF RESPECTS, MORE GOOD THAN BAD. SUCCESS IS MAKING IT THRU TO RETIREMENT!

ANY OLD TIMER WILL TELL YOU IF YOUR NOT IN THE "CLUB", WHAT EVER THAT "CLUB" MAY BE, YOUR ARE NOT MOVING UPWARD. YOUR BEST BET OF SURVIVAL IS COMPLIANCE AND JUST RIDE THE WAVES!

POLITICS ARE NEVER GOING TO CHANGE!

veteranrookie
12-06-2007, 06:13 PM
I CAN SAY THAT THE UPPER STAFF DOES NOT CARE ABOUT INDIVIDUALS, JUST LIABILITIES AND PUBLIC IMAGES.

I agree with this statement, to an end. Politics is their business. They do it so we don't have to, thankfully.

BUT, I still believe that you are the master of your own destiny/demise in whatever you do.

12-06-2007, 07:28 PM
I think that this site is great! I think that it gives deputies an opportunity to vent, especially when they normally wouldn't have the forum to do so. It also provides a place for deputies to take pride in the agency that they bleed and sweat for.

However it does appear, by reading the postings, that the CCSO is a huge dysfunctional family. Everyone out for themselves and only a small few that are truly a part of a brotherhood.

Maybe this is the reason that the CCSO has such a high turn-over rate? Loosing veteran deputies is unfortunate and replacing those experienced deputies can take time and money. On top of it all, when you lose a hard charging deputy it seems that it don't matter to many people. Instead replace him with a deputy that is reactive rather than proactive.

My hat is off to all of you who do your part to make this county safe. A big finger up to those of you who are just in it for the paycheck and some glory!

12-07-2007, 01:03 AM
The general public has taken over this site....I do agree with him though.

01-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Talking about next year. I too got both of my raises this year. And to the remark about my attitude, I neer said I wanted to be brass.

Guest98765,

I work over in the Public Utilities Division and want you to know that we are experiencing the same personel shortages (employee safety issue in my department), reduced morale, and the posibility of no pay increases this fiscal year. In other words the CCSO is not alone in this area.

Even though I am not a member of your agency I know for a fact that your Admin staff has nothing to do with you not receiving a COLA/Merit raise. I have been very involved in the CC Gov't budget proces in the past position and it truly gave me a whole new respect for those that have to balance our checkbooks.

You have to face facts....if their is a reduction in income their will be a reduction in your agencies budget. And not receiving a COLA/Merit is a decision that would be made for one reason, and one reason only....to save jobs, please don't take it personal attack on your paycheck.

01-27-2008, 05:38 AM
I am headed for a YRD or other easy job and getting off of the road because of what the original poster stated the brass does not care about the road guys we are just a necessary evil all they want to do is get moved up higher and there pet projects or their kid that just got hired..

For example how come the CSD in District 2 got moved to special ops. Doesn’t his dad hold the rank of commander in that unit! How is that fair….

01-27-2008, 06:25 AM
headed for yrd. friggin' typical of a lazy employee. oops... not all of you yrd people. there are a few that are doing a bang up job in there and thank goodness they are there for the right reason. i'm just talking about you guest. you sound like the typical lazy arse deputy that is all boo hoo about some stupid b.s. and want to go hide.

and wtf is up with the csd comment??? what possible bearing does a csd moving around the agency have on the brass not caring about us? who really gives a crap where a csd goes and who his poppa is?