PDA

View Full Version : EndYourCommentsWithaKudo

12-02-2007, 03:49 AM
There will always be a number of us who are simply looking for a reason to complain - especially in these threads, hey that’s ok, that’s kind of what I'm doing, but hopefully in a kinder and smoother approach. For lack of a harsher word, there just seems to be an awful lot of unnecessary negativity flying around lately.

I have never ever thought that any one person; fellow officer, supervisor, commanding officer, chief or even IA was out to Get Me, despite having worked for some real miserable malcontents in my career. I simply don’t agree, and never will. Part of being a LEO agency is doing the best that we can, whenever we can. That includes the huge burden of maintaining a reputation that will carry us through tough times, and the occasional lapse of judgment that we all do (I have) or will sooner or later experience.

Let’s try to focus on what we all do best, come to work with a positive (ok semi -positive) attitude and focus on what we were hired to do. Protecting our community and fellow officers 100% of the time, at least to the best of our ability – this should never come in to question. Constant insults about each other, regardless of shift, assignments, rank or any other factor that you want to try to mix up in the shake is simply counterproductive. When we as individuals, units, or ranks look forward to trash talking about the next guy, then we need a wake up call. If were having a bad day, nobody should be unnecessarily burdened with the attitude except ourselves. We should be thanking each other for being there for each other and patting each other on the back instead – ok not to much touching, but you get my drift.

Being accountable to our fellow officers and is something that we in LE should expect and demand. I'm not sure that anyone in our agency would ever say that they have always followed every rule 100% of the time, probably even those who have most frequently been the subject of ridicule in here lately. But let’s be honest with each other, there are some of our own that pretty much think they can do (or not do), what they want, when they want, and skate without any sanctions. Please, we in LE always complain that many in the general public are simply unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions; well the same thing seems to be happening in LEO Affairs lately. When you screw up, take it like the man or woman that you are, and learn from it. If you’re lucky enough to have learned a tough lesson without anyone noticing - that’s even better! But don’t dog those who job it is to correct us when we deserve it.

The brother /sisterhood of LE doesn't mean chopping each other up. We are family - and yes in my family there are a few that I care not to associate with, that’s my choice and it doesn’t mean I will cut them up and send them towards hungry sharks. Let’s get back to positive focus like locking up the bad guys, and throwing a few “great jobs” towards each other occasionally – what a great new thread that could become!

If you want to respond my commentary, negative or positive, that’s cool; all I ask is that you end it with at least a positive thanks or great job on some incident in which you feel is worthy: I’ll start it with one soon…

12-02-2007, 03:50 AM
Ok the post worked:

Kudo #1 Charlie guys for those awesome armed robbery arrests from Little Caesars - Swooped on you! (BBBBWGDWGDWTCFY

12-02-2007, 05:51 PM
I agree with your post and hope that everyone who reads it takes something from it and reflects on it. As someone who has worked here 20 plus years, I can say that yes, I have screwed up a few times, (some publicly and some not) and have always learned from my mistakes. Fortunately, those errors have not harmed anyone, and my reputation as being a good officer has saved me from harsh judgement.

With the upswing of violence towards officers, we all should be backing each other up, both on the scene, and with our attitudes. Its important to know that we are each other's lifeline, now matter what we think of each other personally.

Thank you for the excellent post and thank you to my PPD family that allows me come home at the end of every shift to my own family.

12-02-2007, 09:38 PM
I think your post is very positive. and for the most I think youre right. However, given the fact that you can not express your true feelings and thoughts with out some type of threat. be it from a person that has the power to make life miserable for you. There still exist at least for now this site where we can write just about whatever we want and have some in the position of power fuming over that fact. And I think that is what some individuals want. To just piss off the powers that be because we could not say or express that in real world. Thanks for your post, and whatever your positions is, stay safe!!!

12-02-2007, 11:23 PM
I have never ever thought that any one person; fellow officer, supervisor, commanding officer, chief or even IA was out to Get Me, despite having worked for some real miserable malcontents in my career.

You are very lucky. Don't be too confident though. A healthy level of paranoia is necessary...

12-03-2007, 12:56 AM
I have never ever thought that any one person; fellow officer, supervisor, commanding officer, chief or even IA was out to Get Me, despite having worked for some real miserable malcontents in my career.

You are very lucky. Don't be too confident though. A healthy level of paranoia is necessary...

Yes to hammer the nails when they come up from the board, do as I say not as "I do" :snicker:

12-03-2007, 02:08 AM
I certainly hope that paranoia over board nails isn't for real. We just always need to be aware of where we step...damm that hurt - "I won't do that again". And if I saw you step on a nail, I think I would think twice about doing it myself, or if I wanted to fix it maybe I would recommend turning it over before walking down the same path. We all learn from watching others; and the occasional corrective home training that we received as a youngster actually worked for me.

Lets continue to be there for each other, whenever the need presents itself. This job is way too fun to be miserable. Peace!

12-03-2007, 03:40 AM
Thanks Wade.

12-03-2007, 11:53 PM
How 'bout that Kenny, heh ?

12-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Well it time for me to try to make another positive post about our agency and all of those who combine our personal talents to make our work days reasonably productive safe, and fun at the same time. 24/7, 365, a diverse group of individuals, continue to put personal agendas aside, unite for the work day, to make even sometimes unpleasant days very manageable. Despite our uniqueness and personality differences we are one.

Let’s not us ever forget that we are an extremely competent group of people with a variety of strengths and weaknesses that collectively are second to none. We show our professional image in every encounter we make, let’s continue to provide some positive feedback to each other as well.

When I swipe my card each day, I know that whatever obstacle I might encounter; personal, on the job, or otherwise, that I have the best support system in the world, and one that very few others in the world can really appreciate – that of the Law Enforcement family.

Personal challenges, I’ve had a few, were all greatly made easier by those I have worked with and for. The faces and names have changed over the years, but the senses of true brother /sisterhood have always been there. You see, it doesn’t really matter who we are, where we work, what shift, what division, what assignment, what position - what matters is our fellow brothers and sisters, blending together to make our LE family strong and capable of dealing with adversities that only others in LE can really understand.

I’m a very proud member of PPD, we are great in oh so many ways.

“Kudos Thanks”:

Work schedules and assignments can sometimes cause those who we were once most closest with to become somewhat distant. Most LE officers are a unique breed. Within seconds of seeing each other the handshakes, chest bumps, hugs, knuckle strikes or most importantly the totally tasteless insults rise to high to the occasion and put smiles and loud laughter back in full swing. It’s like we never missed a beat. We could all write a best seller about our careers and the absolute friendships that we have developed over the years.

Let’s not be too judgmental of others. We should all have realize by this phase in our lives, none of us are reflections of personal or professional perfection.

Thanks guys! (non-gender specific)

12-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Pour some of that extra syrup on these pancakes please. And get PA a tampon for cryin' out loud.

12-13-2007, 01:07 AM
There will always be a number of us who are simply looking for a reason to complain - especially in these threads, hey that’s ok, that’s kind of what I'm doing, but hopefully in a kinder and smoother approach. For lack of a harsher word, there just seems to be an awful lot of unnecessary negativity flying around lately.

I have never ever thought that any one person; fellow officer, supervisor, commanding officer, chief or even IA was out to Get Me, despite having worked for some real miserable malcontents in my career. I simply don’t agree, and never will. Part of being a LEO agency is doing the best that we can, whenever we can. That includes the huge burden of maintaining a reputation that will carry us through tough times, and the occasional lapse of judgment that we all do (I have) or will sooner or later experience.

Let’s try to focus on what we all do best, come to work with a positive (ok semi -positive) attitude and focus on what we were hired to do. Protecting our community and fellow officers 100% of the time, at least to the best of our ability – this should never come in to question. Constant insults about each other, regardless of shift, assignments, rank or any other factor that you want to try to mix up in the shake is simply counterproductive. When we as individuals, units, or ranks look forward to trash talking about the next guy, then we need a wake up call. If were having a bad day, nobody should be unnecessarily burdened with the attitude except ourselves. We should be thanking each other for being there for each other and patting each other on the back instead – ok not to much touching, but you get my drift.

Being accountable to our fellow officers and is something that we in LE should expect and demand. I'm not sure that anyone in our agency would ever say that they have always followed every rule 100% of the time, probably even those who have most frequently been the subject of ridicule in here lately. But let’s be honest with each other, there are some of our own that pretty much think they can do (or not do), what they want, when they want, and skate without any sanctions. Please, we in LE always complain that many in the general public are simply unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions; well the same thing seems to be happening in LEO Affairs lately. When you screw up, take it like the man or woman that you are, and learn from it. If you’re lucky enough to have learned a tough lesson without anyone noticing - that’s even better! But don’t dog those who job it is to correct us when we deserve it.

The brother /sisterhood of LE doesn't mean chopping each other up. We are family - and yes in my family there are a few that I care not to associate with, that’s my choice and it doesn’t mean I will cut them up and send them towards hungry sharks. Let’s get back to positive focus like locking up the bad guys, and throwing a few “great jobs” towards each other occasionally – what a great new thread that could become!

If you want to respond my commentary, negative or positive, that’s cool; all I ask is that you end it with at least a positive thanks or great job on some incident in which you feel is worthy: I’ll start it with one soon…

GO TEAM GO TEAM RAH RAH RAH!!!!!!!!