PDA

View Full Version : New Police Technology

12-01-2007, 04:04 PM
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... 31942.html (http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/4231942.html)

12-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Will the city be getting any of these ?

12-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Yes BPD is getting two of these vehicles and they are going to Klem and Bench.

12-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Those two get what ever they want when ever they want it!!

12-03-2007, 03:08 AM
Wow, thanks, I did not know I was getting one of those. They look sweeet! It must be one of those perks that Megatroll referred to :snicker:

12-04-2007, 02:03 AM
Keep dreaming, klemscardy and seeing eyedog boy won't be getting anything anytime soon. There time is almost up.

12-04-2007, 04:19 AM
Keep dreaming, klemscardy and seeing eyedog boy won't be getting anything anytime soon. There time is almost up.

It never seems to go that way. They get what they want always :roll:

12-05-2007, 05:07 AM
Yeah how does seeing eyedog stay in twat when he cant even pass the run. Hes over by 5 mins every time. Boot him is what we should do. We need better members than the piece of S^%&.

12-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Stop lyin', It's only 3 1/2 minutes :roll:

12-06-2007, 05:22 PM
3 1/3 is still not the cut. You still FAILED the run and push ups; oh and the sit ups. Same as always BPD only picking who they want and not take a guy who missed a lap swimming but passed everything else but he wasnt good enough.

12-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Problem with that is nobody wants him, he is disliked by everyone except his cross eyed dog and I don't think he really likes him.

12-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Obviously you are not the TWAT team, you may be a TWAT though. You have no facts on what you are posting. There has not been one person who came to try outs and only missed the swim by one lap. Get your facts straight before you start slinging poop :lol:

12-07-2007, 05:59 AM
Problem with that is nobody wants him, he is disliked by everyone except his cross eyed dog and I don't think he really likes him.

I like ya danny! :wink:

12-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Tryouts are open to any and all
Requirements are posted in the PGO and applicants are given plenty of time to prepare.

The last few officers that have tried have not been able to complete a portion of the tryout.

Four officers couldn't make the run
One ofc made the run but couldn't do the water tread
One ofc made the run/swim/sit ups/push ups but couldn't shoot the SWAT
firearm qualifications

The run is first, if you dont make the run you dont go any further
push ups and sit ups are next

Water tread then 500 yard swim non stop with no time limit.

You dont make the swim you dont go any further.

Just train your body it is not all physical ask the last few that have tried and failed....there is a mental issue that goes with the tryout

12-08-2007, 07:16 AM

If you can read, you would notice that is says:

The E7 doesn’t exist.

12-08-2007, 09:26 AM
So what happens to those team members that can't do the course that the new members are expected to do? Do they have a second set of standerds? If so , why? They will be expected to do the same job. If a new tryout can't get on because he can't hack the course, then a present team member should be removed from the team if he doesn't keep himself in shape enough to do the entire course at the same level. Or is the SWAT team a social club that once you pay your dues your a lifetime member?

12-08-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm not a SWAT member, not even a police officer. But wouldn't experience and knowledge play a role in a seasoned SWAT member over whether or not they can run a course in 5 minutes as opposed to 4 1/ 2 minutes. Seemingly certain SWAT members can still be utilized to drive SWAT vehicles, plan missions, perform medic and other duties despite a drop in their physical conditioning which is likely do to age, especially even if we are talking a half a minute or a push up here and there. I'd like to think that experience and knowledge is more important than a stupid fitness course, whereas the new guys, that's the only test of merit you can give them given no experience to measure. Just my two cents.

12-08-2007, 05:05 PM
That IS a consideration!!! Age does play a factor in anything that requires a PAT test. There is a chart and guidelines used for all types of LEO requirements. For example when a certain now "retired" LT. was the Swat team commander.

12-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I can asure you that no one on the team has not passed the physical fitness test. If you dont believe that just ask a member. If you are unable to pass the fitness test and are presently on the team then you are given a second chance to pass. If you dont pass then you are off. It does suck to lose experience but on the other hand it is not fair to everyone else who stays in shape throughout the year. If you have issues that keep you from passing, then bring it to the commander and it will be delt with on an individual basis and a decision will be made either to keep you active or not. If you set a standard for everyone then that standard needs to obligated and it will. There are older guys that have been on the team for years and they pass twice a year. Then we have young guys that that try out and can't even pass. The physical fitness test that is in place is fair to everyone of all ages. As for it being a social club, maybe in some ways it is. If you don't want to be on the team don't put in for it and don't critizes the ones that do.

12-08-2007, 07:07 PM
SWAT are the guys you call when things can or have gone really bad. So we like to have those individuals that are both mentally AND physically capable. We are out there believe it or not.

12-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Your so full of crap seeing eye dog has not passed the run and he is still listed on the team.

12-10-2007, 11:30 PM
actually he is out on the ir list. he did not FAIL anything, he chose not to participate due to injury. and i would rather have someone on the team with experience that runs slower than someone on the team that is not experienced, can't shoot under stress or think on the move but can run a timed mile. this team is a solid core team, the reason you are not on the team is because you don't try out. stop running your mouth and try out, there has been an opening for a while but no one has stepped up to fill the spot. if you have it in you we'll see you at the january try out

12-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Come on you young bucks try out we need the youth, the entire team but two are around 40 yoa plus or minus a year or two :wink:

12-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Youth is not what is needed. Level headed people that can think on their feet, make decsions and handle a weapon at the same time is what is needed for that team, not wild you things that think it is cool to be on SWAT.

12-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Youth is not what is needed. Level headed people that can think on their feet, make decsions and handle a weapon at the same time is what is needed for that team, not wild you things that think it is cool to be on SWAT. Good thing Lt H&%# is gone then cause he fits none of the above requirements.

12-15-2007, 08:07 PM
But the ex swat team Lt was an expert with a bladed weapon. How many officers have knife wounds in between the shoulder blades from him?

12-15-2007, 10:51 PM
:snicker: Now that was funny!!!

12-16-2007, 04:47 PM

If you can read, you would notice that is says:

The E7 doesn’t exist.
What good is his seeing eye dog then? :snicker:

12-16-2007, 05:03 PM
I heard there will be a Medic opening on the team???...You dont have your daddy Hill watching your backs anymore...eliminate the whole dirty bunch!!!

12-17-2007, 06:33 PM
That team is full of suck arse peeps. If your not liked you dont make the team, its like a high school football team. You have guys on the team that SUCK and they are still on because they are liked and suck arse.

12-18-2007, 01:56 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: what a bunch of crying, f__king kids

12-19-2007, 03:41 AM
Sounds like someone tried out for the SWAT Team and couldn't make the physical requirements. What a shame...

12-19-2007, 07:51 PM
What are you talking about there might be a medic opening? What happened?

12-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Looks like there will be another swat opening soon. A certain someone on the team like to play "Look at my pee pee" and thats a no no. And to settle your dirty minds, it's not Nutball.

12-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Swat is no different now than anyother time in history. The Lt. may be gone but nothing is changing. I know for a FACT that the he NEVER passed the physical test. I was there when he failed and was not put on the team. Two weeks later he was the swat commander and he never tried it again. Since then its always been once you are in , your in and thats the sad truth. Swat is a great expierence and all should try it some time in their carrier however this attitude that recently seems to exsist that they are better than everyone else is sad.(Either your swat or your not) or however i hear it all the time. Truth is anyone in the department could do the job with some training just like they all got. It really doesnt take any special tallents just the desire.

12-21-2007, 10:16 PM
swat05, you are cluless and not on the team. You probably could not cut it due to your lack of grammar skills. There is no "you're swat or you're not" attitude. The plain fact is that there is nobody trying out. Anyone that is interested should put in for it, it never hurts to try :wink: