PDA

View Full Version : Make a Decision Already!!!!

11-30-2007, 03:25 AM
I wish that the Admin. would just make a decision already. There has been numerous people just waiting for a “Yes” or “No” answer since June or so, for both the Field Lt, and the CID Lt. positions. Everyday, I hear Sgt’s on both lists getting discouraged and just wanting it to be over. I think most of them have lost their spark at wanting the position at all. My Sgt. Is on the Field Lt’s list and he seems to just want it done and over with. Why is it taking so long?? I hear that there has been no interviews, projections or anything, just silence. In 20 years, I’ve never heard this place so quiet

11-30-2007, 09:51 AM
The Sheriff is planning a "you tube" style debate amongst the candidates to make his final decision. Career criminals and "persons of interest" will submit their questions via video, or the jail visitation recording system - candidates will then have to impress the Sheriff and the criminal constituents in order to be selected.

11-30-2007, 05:57 PM
As posted earlier under another heading...This position has been open since June. Have you ever thought that maybe those getting the promotions are still in the hiring process and are awating background checks or haven't given their two week notice at their current agency ? With our budget cut already and further cuts looming in January, fill the open FLT spot and if it ain't broke dont try to fix it.

<<<It's about priorities, gentlemen. We may have a need for additional field supervisors one day, but today we are faced with shrinking budgets and the need for intelligent prioritizing of our budget. Let's do the right thing here and give this a second look. Any unbiased third party can see the folly in the timing of this decision.

Do what's right. It may be difficult, but it's still right.>>>

11-30-2007, 07:54 PM
All this agency needs is to get rid of some units to free up some money. Get rid of the gang unit and let SET deal with the gangsters. Get rid of warrants and let SWAT serve the warrants. This will put more staffing on the road.

11-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I'd rather have the Gang Unit out there than SET. Set is a joke!!!

How about doing away with special positions such as the Training Sgt. With no more In-Service what is Fletch doing anyway?

Get rid of the Certified Deputy who is planning the parties...what a waste of a certified slot!!

The reason no promotion to LT has been made is due to money. Look at how many pay periods that the agency has not had to pay that position.

During times of slimmer budgets there is a lot we can do to realign the agency to make this place more efficient!

11-30-2007, 11:51 PM
yeah...set would be cooler if they wore thigh holsters and stopped arresting people...no wait...they could go hang around schools all day...excellent idea!

12-01-2007, 12:37 AM
All this agency needs is to get rid of some units to free up some money. Get rid of the gang unit and let SET deal with the gangsters. Get rid of warrants and let SWAT serve the warrants. This will put more staffing on the road.

Yeah, thats what I think we need...a bunch of highly trained SWAT members milling around computers running accurent and autotrack trying to find out where some guy lives.

Why would you want to get rid of the gang unit? Do u really think that 6 or 7 more bodies on patrol county wide would make more of an impact than 6 -7deputies targeting the gang members who are professional scum bags? If you want to see what a county with no real gang unit looks like, visit Lee County or head out to clewiston in Hendry.

12-01-2007, 04:13 AM
The gang members don't hang in the substions or at horseshoe?

when is the last time the gang unit investigatged a case or made a real serious arrest?

12-03-2007, 03:35 AM
The admin. never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. Make a decision already. It will give us more confidence in you.

12-03-2007, 07:03 PM
How about doing away with special positions such as the Training Sgt. With no more In-Service what is Fletch doing anyway?

Who said there is no more in-service? Training continues. There is never inservice in November-December. It starts up again in January with the addition of PIT.

As for Fletch? He is pulling what little bit of hair he has, out over all the taser crap. I don't think he knew what he was getting into.

12-04-2007, 01:54 AM
The gang members don't hang in the substions or at horseshoe?

when is the last time the gang unit investigatged a case or made a real serious arrest?

Hmmm, by serious arrest you mean what? Any arrest of a gang member is serious. Look, I'm no cheerleader for the current gang unit, but I can tell you that you need to have a gang unit or your not even in the game.

12-04-2007, 09:35 AM
I want to see the gang unit Sgt on TV again. Does he wear makeup during those interviews?

12-04-2007, 09:41 PM
G Nottle and him should have a flex-off.

12-04-2007, 11:49 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha

12-05-2007, 05:30 AM
That gang unit Sgt. is a joke. He should stop throwing people under the bus to get ahead and start doing his job....as a COP. He takes care of his own deputies...but screw the rest of the department....lets talk smack about them to make him look good....what a crock. Move on Byington.

12-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Come on...leave ByBy alone! He was the best candidate that put their name in the hat for the Gang Sgt. position. He went through the rigorous selection process with the other candidates, and was vetted in a fair process......

....beep...beep....beep....beep....beep (my alarm going off waking me up).

12-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Who were the other candidates? I don't remember it being posted.

Wasn't he in YRD?

12-06-2007, 05:30 PM
John M was promoted to CID LT...