PDA

View Full Version : magilla orlando's finest

11-29-2007, 04:49 AM
He's a legendary colonel,
the only worker in the Otown office
he brought in a million dollars just ask him about that too
he never stops dropping his neighbor deputy sec Drago's name,
now he claims he will be promoted, says the interview is just a formality cause of his buddy Drago-typical and sadly probably true

(sing it to the tune of "when you wish upon a star")

11-29-2007, 01:17 PM
I caddied for Drago 18 holes, can I get promoted

11-29-2007, 01:18 PM
the answer is yes you provided a benefit/service/favor so you can be promoted

11-29-2007, 01:19 PM
I LET HIM WIN AT POKER-HOW ABOUT THAT PROMOTION?

11-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Sorry but allowing someone to win is not the same as giving them a benefit, he does not have to promote in this case

11-29-2007, 01:42 PM
I hope he gets promoted. It will get him out of here. If he wasn't so stuck on himself he would realize most people hate him.

11-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Magill is a freakin 10-8 dude. Moreover, he has forgotten more about law enforcement that you guys will ever have the chance to learn. You guys only wish you had the knowledge and experience that he possesses and that you had the connections, too. It pays to be known in the law enforcement community, specifically in South Florida, where it really counts, as a go to guy.

So go do your minors and your crappy inspections and let the man do his work.

11-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Magill is a freakin 10-8 dude.

sincerely,

Dan's Mother

11-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Dan may have forgotten more about administrative law than I ever care to learn but please don't confuse that with law enforcement.

He knows nothing about search warrants. Anything he has done he gets from other departments and re-writes.

He thinks fake id's are, "no big deal" and the whole ICARE program is a joke. Worse still, he voices his opinion to others outside the agency. I was with him and several others when he said this to a local police agency. Real professional. Even if you think ICARE is a joke, keep it in house. Also, stop bashing Jeff Y. That guy talks very highly of you for some reason and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate your comments about him.

He reads people Miranda like it's his standard greeting. Dan, wake up. If someone is a suspect and come in to talk to you on their own, you don't need Miranda. If they are free to leave, they don't need Miranda. Tell them in the beginning that they are free to leave and Miranda will never be raised in court.

His officer safety skills are a joke. I refuse to go out with him because he brings the gun that is going to kill me. He turns his back on suspects. He has lived within the protective bubble of ABT and has no idea that we do occasionally encounter bad guys. I don't want to be around when he makes yet another glaring error in judgment.

If anyone has any doubts about his officer safety skills, go watch him at the range or in the simulator. They guy is eaten up like week old bubble gum.

If they wasn't bad enough, he thinks he is the greatest gift to ABT and bad mouths everyone else in the office. He knows more than the Lt's. He has underwear older than the captain, yada, yada, yada. Hey Dan, if you have 45 year old underwear it might be time for a fresh set of drawers.

Recently he has gotten worse since he is "good" friends with Drago. How does this happen. How do the worst people somehow have friends in high places? According to Dan he is out of here and being promoted to Tally. He has been running his mouth that Drago told him the interview was a "formality". I have serious doubts about Drago if a) he is stupid enough to believe the hot air Dan spews and b) actually say this to Dan knowing how he likes to brag.

To Dan's one friend in the office: Feel free to keep defending him and I will continue to give specific examples of the unsafe, unlawful acts of Dan. Trust me I have a lot more ammunition than you do.

Let's just say goodbye and congrats to Dan. No Dan, those aren't tears of sorrow, they're tears of joy.

11-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Dan is an alright guy but he does seem to knock everyone down. I'm surprised he even talks bad about his friends including Drago. He recently was overhead saying that Drago wasn't qualified but got the position because of close personal friendship with Jim Greer who was Crist's campaign manager. Dan alludes to knowing dirt on Drago but never mentions it. Why do this if he is really a friend?

When will the personal favors ever end at ABT?

Answer: Never

I guess Dan getting the Lt slot in Tally will be the most recent example of underqualified people being placed in positions due to personal friendships.

11-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Hey dilbert, you need to realize that ABT is always the same. The players may change but the game remains the same.

Dir Hill played favorites when she was a base line supervisor and that won't change now that she is the Director.

Dan getting his little perk should be the least of your concerns. Orlando going to schedules should be your main concern.

11-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Agreed.

11-30-2007, 12:56 AM
I don't understand the concern of going on a schedule . Think about it - A schedule isn't going to increase the amount of hours you work in a day. A schedule won't change what you need to do, or dictate how you do it. What am I missing?

11-30-2007, 02:12 AM
Its' not the schedules. It's the know nothing major that will be putting you on them. Good luck with him. You'll need it.

11-30-2007, 02:24 AM
Ask Dan if schedules will effect him. He works his own 3-4 hours every day. Now he will be accountable to work 8.

11-30-2007, 02:32 AM
Dan working 3-4 hours? Who are you trying to kid?

Everyone knows Dan trick of coming in around 4 and leaving by 6. He isn't working at night by himself so he can't say he's working in the field. Also, if you care to check LicenseEase he hasn't entered data after 5:30pm anytime in the last month.

Bottom line is if he isn't working in the field and he isn't working in LicenseEase in the office what is he doing?

The only reason I even took the time to check is because he has accused me of leaving early. He is a backstabbing black kettle.

11-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Dan has been under a lot of stress, give him a break guys.

11-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah like trying to decide what restaurant gives the biggest discounts to cops.

11-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Dan working 3-4 hours? Who are you trying to kid?

Everyone knows Dan trick of coming in around 4 and leaving by 6. He isn't working at night by himself so he can't say he's working in the field. Also, if you care to check LicenseEase he hasn't entered data after 5:30pm anytime in the last month.

Bottom line is if he isn't working in the field and he isn't working in LicenseEase in the office what is he doing?

The only reason I even took the time to check is because he has accused me of leaving early. He is a backstabbing black kettle.

Who has the time to check this stuff..........somebody has too much time on their hands!!!!!!!!!!!

11-30-2007, 09:46 PM
yeah it took about 15 minutes out of my life but you should have seen dan's face when he made a leaving early comment to me and I threw this back at him.

What's that saying about people in glass houses dan?

12-01-2007, 02:11 AM
Its' not the schedules. It's the know nothing major that will be putting you on them. Good luck with him. You'll need it.

Schedules?! Yall aint heard. The LTS and CAPTs and MAJORS have been told not to do it and not to manage. They got it sweet. They been told to give us our space and room and to leave us alone. Free at last, free at last!

12-01-2007, 02:19 AM
That is because the administration prefers for us not to regulate. Review the "list" and dont forget the other friend who is controlling the industry and #2. So instead of 'turning that head" and "turning the blind eye"...just dont regulate. Just kick back, relax, make sure the vechile has some miles for EMIS, and keep the suggetions rolling. Lets have some fun.

12-01-2007, 02:21 AM

Schedules?! Yall aint heard. The LTS and CAPTs and MAJORS have been told not to do it and not to manage. They got it sweet. They been told to give us our space and room and to leave us alone. Free at last, free at last!

Not entirely accurate. The majors have been instructed in ensure the captains don't micro-manage the lts. The lts have been instructed to manage their squads.

12-01-2007, 02:28 AM

Not entirely accurate. The majors have been instructed in ensure the captains don't micro-manage the lts. The lts have been instructed to manage their squads.

Who gonna tell the Majors not to micro-manage the Captains?! And some of them lts need to be told to breathe!

12-01-2007, 02:46 AM

Who gonna tell the Majors not to micro-manage the Captains?! And some of them lts need to be told to breathe!

I would say it is understood - The Director will tell the Chief - The Chief will tell the Majors - the Majors will tell the Captains.....

12-01-2007, 02:52 AM
Who tells the Director to quit micro-managing? Cause she does.....

12-01-2007, 03:22 AM

Please allow me to help with this. When you are the Director, your primary function is to Direct (hence the title Director) the Direction (see a pattern yet?) of the agency. This should not be confused with micro-mangement.

12-01-2007, 03:31 AM

Please allow me to help with this. When you are the Director, your primary function is to Direct (hence the title Director) the Direction (see a pattern yet?) of the agency. This should not be confused with micro-mangement.

I got it now. When you are the worker, your primary funtion is to work. And, when you are a supervisor, your primary function is to supervise. And, when you are a manager, your primary function is to manage (do you see my pattern). So go look up manage and see who should be doing what![/b]

12-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Good news for all you guys bashing Dan Magilla Gorilla. He will be moving to Tally within 2 months. He is already looking to sell his house and has looked into the Tally real estate market. You all should be real proud. We just lost the most experienced agent in Orlando.

Now I won't know if I should hole punch and use the metal fastener or just staple my admin cases. Without him I am lost...

12-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Good news for all you guys bashing Dan Magilla Gorilla. He will be moving to Tally within 2 months. He is already looking to sell his house and has looked into the Tally real estate market. You all should be real proud. We just lost the most experienced agent in Orlando.

Now I won't know if I should hole punch and use the metal fastener or just staple my admin cases. Without him I am lost...

What happended to the new, big and bad director saying that friends would no longer get promoted. Has she already lost her power, what a shame.

Not to mention calling the kettle black, when we all know that her buddy Tommy Boy is the only reason she is in the job she has. Puleeze to think it was because of her expereince.

12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
She is just another puppet - with years with ABT but still limited knowledge and experience...you all will see! One thing though..her eduction level has improved since shes been gone...the DEP Leo says she just got her IVY league degree (Barry). The DS also told us about promotions and hires but he does the same, look at the last few hires...they are his...standby for more in Ft. Laurdedale...Daan"s promise of LT in Tally..and of course the SGT-Major in the NW. Surprise, Surprise after all that lip service.

12-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Dan is outting Bong and Covarr as homo's. I hope their wives don't find out.

I looked at the "evidence" and I have to agree. They are nice guys who get along and don't stab each other in the back. They must be gay.

This is like the Monty Python sketch on witches. Too funny

12-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Dan is outting Bong and Covarr as homo's. I hope their wives don't find out.

I looked at the "evidence" and I have to agree. They are nice guys who get along and don't stab each other in the back. They must be gay.

This is like the Monty Python sketch on witches. Too funny

I'm thinking that maybe they realize that this job really isn't that bad after all and want to make it better for everyone else!!

But then again that would be positive and we don't want to be that!!!!
I would rather ***** and moan ( hopefully on company time) and try and bring everyone down like I am!!!

12-09-2007, 01:03 AM
I know Dan and never have cared much for him, just a personality difference. But, the stuff on this site is uncalled for. No one deserves to be bashed on a public forum the way some of you have gone after the guy. So you don't like him, well I'm sure there are just as many folks out there that don't like you. Perhaps all those of you doing the bashing will be the next person bashed....I can only hope.

12-09-2007, 02:38 AM
To Why the Bashing,

I agree that there's is too much negativity on this board. However, Dan does his share of backstabbing so I'm not going to get on here and defend him. The only difference is he throws people under the bus to his new best friend and it can actually effect someone's career.

12-11-2007, 02:17 AM
You sissy beverage agents just cant handle real police, this guy made some of you actually work. You complain that you want to be the police, than act like them....wimps :oops:

12-11-2007, 01:41 PM
To Can Do,

Dan making people work???

How, he is never here.

Nice try CP

12-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I always try to stir it up on this .com try to stop me

12-11-2007, 10:36 PM
CP everyone's on to ya -FHP didn;t want you, UCF wont take back keep talkin that smack tho sista, keep makin those traffic stops

12-11-2007, 11:39 PM
To Can Do,

Dan making people work???

How, he is never here.

Nice try CP

He not there only when he is at your mama's house. Call her and ask!

12-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Heard around the office Dan saying how he is now promoted cause his connected with Drago and now saying good pals with Dicourey so he will settle some scores

12-12-2007, 12:59 AM
She is just another puppet - with years with ABT but still limited knowledge and experience...you all will see! One thing though..her eduction level has improved since shes been gone...the DEP Leo says she just got her IVY league degree (Barry). The DS also told us about promotions and hires but he does the same, look at the last few hires...they are his...standby for more in Ft. Laurdedale...Daan"s promise of LT in Tally..and of course the SGT-Major in the NW. Surprise, Surprise after all that lip service.

And now O'connor in Ft. Lauderdale. And didn't even interview image that. You go it pays to know Draaago!

12-12-2007, 01:09 AM

And now O'connor in Ft. Lauderdale. And didn't even interview image that. You go it pays to know Draaago!

What do you expect look at the SGT Major in Tally...aint he got what we need. :roll: I have not met him but I hear he is a "SCHMOOZER" and a master of deception who cannot make simple decisions let alone figure things out like he is being credited for. Everybody down here knows how he got in and it was not because of his brian waves. My buds at BSO says he is nice to your face but is a pro at pitting staff against each other. Which I said that is ok cause that is a AB&T criteria to get a job. So with all the talk going around the state about the ole SGT Major not meeting the guidleines to be hired it sounds like he met the main two. 1. Close and personal friends with the DS and 2. Pit staff against staff.

12-12-2007, 02:42 AM
Tell me more about O'Connor. It takes a long time for info to get up here. I didn't even know Margate was missing a captain!!!

12-12-2007, 02:48 AM
Tell me more about O'Connor. It takes a long time for info to get up here. I didn't even know Margate was missing a captain!!!

So is West Palm Beach, Ft. Myers and Miami. Better keep up!

12-12-2007, 02:51 AM

Just another retiree that used to work with Dranko and SGT Staaab who was hired without even being officially interviewed. A public record told that story.

12-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Okay, first of all O'conner has been a detective, sergeant and officer at Ft. Lauderdale PD for 25 years, who retired like a lot of us had and now seeking a new career. You think he has some experiance, working the streets of Ft. Lauderdale, probably a lot more then the people already bashing him and he has not been hired yet. True he is a good friend of the DS, they worked together in Ft. Lauderdale. Wow..is that so unusal, a friend is going to work in an agency for another friend, sounds like 99% of other agencies in this state. And for the record Mr. Public Record, I doubt you saw anything about him not interviewing in a public record, what did you make a public records request on a hiring file that is still going through the background process. And by the way some of us in Broward met him for the first time when he came in for his interview. So as usual, more BS.

12-14-2007, 01:18 AM
Okay, first of all O'conner has been a detective, sergeant and officer at Ft. Lauderdale PD for 25 years, who retired like a lot of us had and now seeking a new career. You think he has some experiance, working the streets of Ft. Lauderdale, probably a lot more then the people already bashing him and he has not been hired yet. True he is a good friend of the DS, they worked together in Ft. Lauderdale. Wow..is that so unusal, a friend is going to work in an agency for another friend, sounds like 99% of other agencies in this state. And for the record Mr. Public Record, I doubt you saw anything about him not interviewing in a public record, what did you make a public records request on a hiring file that is still going through the background process. And by the way some of us in Broward met him for the first time when he came in for his interview. So as usual, more BS.

Plus he is a great guy who brings alot to the table.
But I guess we don't want that!!!
Could be someone who knows more than we do???
We better bad mouth him before we even meet him!!!

12-14-2007, 01:40 AM

Being you was in the office how many more interviewed?

12-14-2007, 01:46 AM
Being you was in the office how many more interviewed?[/quote]

I guess it would be fair to say the you WASN"T in the office!!
What a great speller!!!
You must be as jealous as I was?????

12-14-2007, 05:30 AM
Wow. What a constructive thread this is. I am impressed by your ability to insult, demean, criticize, and condescend to others. You all must be wonderful officers. I'll bet that most of you are probably officer safety specialists, ace investigators, expert marksmen(women or whatever), and supervisor material. In fact, I'll wager that a large number of you will be supervisors someday (if only in your own mind).

What a fascinating way to improve our agency. I'll bet that every person who is sniped at, bashed, attacked, demeaned, or belittled, in this thread or on this board will be thrilled to know how hated they are. As effective as these tactics have clearly been, I say tell them in person how much you scorn them.

What better way is there to celebrate the CHRISTmas spirit than to engage in ruthless condescending sniping about your fellow agents? Wouldn't you rather see their face as you all gang up on them and belittle them until they feel like trash? I'll bet that will make them a better person!

Everyone in every office probably has some disagreement/dislike about every other person in their office. Grow up! We didn't come to work to make friends! This isn't high school or college, yet many of us feel the need to join little "groups" just like they did in school and make fun of everyone else.

There are eleven days until Christmas. The day we celebrate the birth of our Lord and the spirit of giving.

Don't you all have better things to do, or at least talk about?

Merry Christmas, I hope you are proud of yourselves.

12-14-2007, 06:02 PM
wow

12-14-2007, 06:10 PM
wow, I did some checking on this guy. seems like he was at FLPD for nearly 30 years, 13 or so as a Sergeant. The guys who worked with him and for him loved him. He would do anything for them. The guy served on their Union elected board for over 20 years and worked on all but the last couple of union contracts. Sounds like he was in it for more than just himself. He worked in a lot of places and should have all kinds of experiences. OK, he knows Drago, maybe even the're friends, does that have to make him a bad person?
Okay, first of all O'conner has been a detective, sergeant and officer at Ft. Lauderdale PD for 25 years, who retired like a lot of us had and now seeking a new career. You think he has some experiance, working the streets of Ft. Lauderdale, probably a lot more then the people already bashing him and he has not been hired yet. True he is a good friend of the DS, they worked together in Ft. Lauderdale. Wow..is that so unusal, a friend is going to work in an agency for another friend, sounds like 99% of other agencies in this state. And for the record Mr. Public Record, I doubt you saw anything about him not interviewing in a public record, what did you make a public records request on a hiring file that is still going through the background process. And by the way some of us in Broward met him for the first time when he came in for his interview. So as usual, more BS.[/quote]

12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
So he is a good person, what does that have to do with his qualifications to be a major?

12-14-2007, 09:40 PM
So he is a good person, what does that have to do with his qualifications to be a major?

Who said he is going to be a Major????

12-14-2007, 10:23 PM

Who said he is going to be a Major????

Another sharp knife in the drawer!! I guess this person just assumed that he was going to be a major....
Like everything else on this board.. As long as we assume, it must be true...
UNREAL!!!!

12-15-2007, 01:42 AM

Where you been?! Qualifications?! For Major?! Huh?! Which ones of the 3 on payroll has qualifications to be Major?! Break it on down for...just help me understand!

12-15-2007, 02:01 AM

Where you been?! Qualifications?! For Major?! Huh?! Which ones of the 3 on payroll has qualifications to be Major?! Break it on down for...just help me understand!

DUH!!!!!

12-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Well I heard hiring is going back to the regions. Why waste even that time and $$$? The DS is doing a good job at picking just let him pick and save all that time and $$$. Do we really need a fair hiring process?

12-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Well I heard hiring is going back to the regions. Why waste even that time and $$$? The DS is doing a good job at picking just let him pick and save all that time and $$$. Do we really need a fair hiring process?

Who cares???
Noboby stays anyway!!!!

12-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Wow...it's okay for the DS to hire a "friend" but it wasn't for the former Director?....Watch out DS, you'll be next on the list!!!

12-16-2007, 12:58 AM
Where has everyone been? The DS has been hiring the friends where do you think all these retirees are coming from - the home?

12-16-2007, 01:39 AM
If I were in a position of authority I'd hire friends that I trust. Most of the people here got hired because they knew somebody........whether it be an agent or supervisor or whomever. Its a little hipocritical to slam the DS for doing what we all have done!!

12-16-2007, 02:24 AM
If I were in a position of authority I'd hire friends that I trust. Most of the people here got hired because they knew somebody........whether it be an agent or supervisor or whomever. Its a little hipocritical to slam the DS for doing what we all have done!!

Then he should not come to our office slamming others for doing what he is doing!

12-16-2007, 04:27 AM
I agree that the previous adim hired friends and former co-workers, but they were more liek appointed, to positions of rank. In this case, O'conner applied, went through the process and is starting out like the rest of us. Big diff. if you ask me. Also, I believe that O'conner is the only retired officer that has been hired that knows of the DS,thats after the DS was employed by ABT. FYI, most of us who are from the Broward area all knew the DS, he had a long career down here, and all of us that knew him were employed by ABT long before he came on board. So again, twisting the facts is not benefiting anyone.

12-16-2007, 04:40 AM

Then he should not come to our office slamming others for doing what he is doing!

Oops!! Didn't know that!! Good point!!

12-16-2007, 01:09 PM
I agree that the previous adim hired friends and former co-workers, but they were more liek appointed, to positions of rank. In this case, O'conner applied, went through the process and is starting out like the rest of us. Big diff. if you ask me. Also, I believe that O'conner is the only retired officer that has been hired that knows of the DS,thats after the DS was employed by ABT. FYI, most of us who are from the Broward area all knew the DS, he had a long career down here, and all of us that knew him were employed by ABT long before he came on board. So again, twisting the facts is not benefiting anyone.

There are a couple of others...the NW Major just to name one. Do a roll call you will see. OConnnnnor may be fantastic however he should have went through the same hiring process we all did. As we understand it down here even his background was opened before he was even interviewed and what interview process never seen a single interview scheduled at the office since everbody else including me had to drive to Tally to be interiewed! Its not personal against the applicant all I am saying is dont bash others for hiring people when you bend more practices and rules then they do!

12-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Is o'connor the next capt? Nothing would be better to demoralize the troops than to bring in another top rank person from the outside.

01-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Is o'connor the next capt? Nothing would be better to demoralize the troops than to bring in another top rank person from the outside.

The next Major.

01-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Is this because PR is being run out of this agency by the high ups? The way he's being treated is unfair. They ought to be asking for his advice and begging for some direction from the Maj. with both qualifications and experience.

01-02-2008, 04:48 PM
The problem with you O town boys is you wouldn't know what law enforcement was if it bit you in the butt. Magill was a great cop when he was in S. FL and I am sure he is still. But then you wouldn't know what good was

01-05-2008, 07:45 PM
The problem with you O town boys is you wouldn't know what law enforcement was if it bit you in the butt. Magill was a great cop when he was in S. FL and I am sure he is still. But then you wouldn't know what good was

Really?!

01-06-2008, 04:25 AM

I'm quite positive that if "law enforcement" bit me in the butt...........I'd know it.

Then I would politely issue it a notice :wink:

01-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Is this because PR is being run out of this agency by the high ups? The way he's being treated is unfair. They ought to be asking for his advice and begging for some direction from the Maj. with both qualifications and experience.

Common knowledge that Cyndi made complaint after complaint about PR when she barely made it by as an agent here 20 years ago-of course she's back and trying to settle scores. Also has a score to settle with Ledbetter and a couple others!

01-07-2008, 12:36 AM

Common knowledge that Cyndi made complaint after complaint about PR when she barely made it by as an agent here 20 years ago-of course she's back and trying to settle scores. Also has a score to settle with Ledbetter and a couple others!

OK Pat/LA quit posting time to keep a low profile!

01-08-2008, 03:17 AM
Has anybody seen or heard from any of the 3 Majors? Are they all still on Holiday leave?

01-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Checking out Broward

01-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Checking out Broward

???

01-10-2008, 07:49 PM
[quote="dilbert"]Dan is an alright guy but he does seem to knock everyone down. I'm surprised he even talks bad about his friends including Drago. He recently was overhead saying that Drago wasn't qualified but got the position because of close personal friendship with Jim Greer who was Crist's campaign manager. Dan alludes to knowing dirt on Drago but never mentions it. Why do this if he is really a friend?

When will the personal favors ever end at ABT?

Answer: Never

I guess Dan getting the Lt slot in Tally will be the most recent example of underqualified people being placed in positions due to personal friendships.

I am not surprised to see that he has not changed.
He used to be called the RCO, Rummor Control Officer at HPD.
He kissed his way to Sgt and Lt by bad mouthing anyone that got on his way and spreadding gossip.
Congratulations, you have a genuine gem.
It would surprise me to see him made Chief.