PDA

View Full Version : My Holiday wish for us.

11-28-2007, 08:26 PM
I cant be sure what the "magic" number is for cops down here.....16 I think, and I for one can't help but feel like an ass. I want to start off by issuing an apology, specifically to John and Josh, who I have unfortunately slandered both publicly and privately. Guy's, we may not see eye to eye on alot of issues, but there is NO excuse for the malice Ive shown to you both this year and for that I'm truly sorry.

It seems to me that we've all been extremely hypocritical when it comes to how we've treated each other over the last few years. For whatever reason (personal issues, jealousy, morale, etc) the fact of the matter is that it had become extremely apparent lately that no one is going to take care of each other but us. It seems idiotic to me that the only time we truly come together is after tragedy strikes...and then it's too late.

I know that I will be chastised by some for this, probably be called a "kiss ass", but I could truly care less at this point. Fact is, whether we like it or not...we are an extended family, and it's time we started treating each other like that.

I sincerely wish ALL of you a happy and SAFE holiday, and once again apologize for my own recent moronic and immature behavior towards some of you.

God Bless.....................Gene

11-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I cant be sure what the "magic" number is for cops down here.....16 I think, and I for one can't help but feel like an ass. I want to start off by issuing an apology, specifically to John and Josh, who I have unfortunately slandered both publicly and privately. Guy's, we may not see eye to eye on alot of issues, but there is NO excuse for the malice Ive shown to you both this year and for that I'm truly sorry.

It seems to me that we've all been extremely hypocritical when it comes to how we've treated each other over the last few years. For whatever reason (personal issues, jealousy, morale, etc) the fact of the matter is that it had become extremely apparent lately that no one is going to take care of each other but us. It seems idiotic to me that the only time we truly come together is after tragedy strikes...and then it's too late.

I know that I will be chastised by some for this, probably be called a "kiss ass", but I could truly care less at this point. Fact is, whether we like it or not...we are an extended family, and it's time we started treating each other like that.

I sincerely wish ALL of you a happy and SAFE holiday, and once again apologize for my own recent moronic and immature behavior towards some of you.

Well put Gene, maybe we can all take a message from this and grow up. It should not matter who you are, what unit you are in, how long you have been on the job, what shift you work, or any other stupid crap that we use to forms "cliques" in this department. We are a family and we need to start taking care of eachother, because as you said nobody else will!!!

11-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Just a note to wish all of you a happy and safe holiday season!

11-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Hey Rocky. Is it true you wrote your own zone partner, Conroy's son a ticket a few years ago ? Merry Christmas to you too.

11-30-2007, 04:10 AM
Hey Rocky. Is it true you wrote your own zone partner, Conroy's son a ticket a few years ago ? Merry Christmas to you too.

WOW! It actually took a whole DAY for this thread to go negative! Way to go!!!!

11-30-2007, 12:55 PM

What's negative about this ? Sounds like a question someone wants answered.

11-30-2007, 05:06 PM
I HOPE THE NEW CHIEF CHANGES THE MORALE BECAUSE THE HOLIDAY SEASON IS HERE SO SINCE OUTSIDE THE WALLS SHOULD BE CRAZY, I HOPE THE INSIDE GETS BETTER. WE ARE SOMEWHAT OF A FAMILY AND FAMILIES SHOW FAVOR ON SOME AND NOT OTTHERS BUT WE ARE ADULTS SO ACT TLIKE IT AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIVES AND ENJOY IT WHILE YOUR HJERE.

11-30-2007, 07:54 PM

To answer your question, yes I did. Found out after I wrote the ticket.

11-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Don't worry about it Rocky. That comment was from a mal-content trying to stir the pot. We don't all feel that way.

Thanks for the kind wishes. Take care of yourself and enjoy the retirement life. All the best.

12-01-2007, 06:19 PM
hey gene were you sober when you posted this message ?

take care of yourself and eachother

12-01-2007, 06:21 PM
This is your brain - O

This is your brain on drugs -

Any questions ?

12-01-2007, 10:57 PM
We (as a department) have officially sunk to an all-time low.

It's incredibly disheartening, when a fellow officer is ridiculed by his own partners for having the balls to make a post like Gene made.

Not only was he attempting to make a very humble apology, he was also trying to boost morale, as we get closer toward the holidays. I personally commend him for stepping up and making that post. I think it took a lot of courage.

In addition to that one of our retired officers (Rocky), who put in 20+ years reaches out to us and someone treats him like crap. UNACCEPTABLE!

It is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable that someone among us would treat one of our own that way. Especially in this forum.

I'd like to try something new... something that we haven't done as of yet. I invite everyone reading this thread to post your thoughts on the matter. Only this time, include your names in your reply. I'll make it easy for you... Here's a list of names in Alpha order (I'll leave supervisors out, unless they wish to reply on their own accord).

In your post address the following:

1. How many people think it's OK to treat a fellow officer this way?
2. How many people would like to see more of a brotherhood at the dept?
3. Lastly, what can WE do (as a group effort) to improve morale.

I'm not interested in anonymous, sarcastic comments. I?m looking for constructive ideas.
This is a very real issue that is plaguing our department and I hope to spark some positive change.

edited by MOD 339

DAVIE634
12-02-2007, 12:00 AM
posting all of our names on a public domain...why didn't you include our social security numbers. BTW you left out YOUR name

MOD 1 can you take care of this

tsd

12-02-2007, 12:04 AM
i dont disagree with your post at all except i dont see the point in listing everyones name or omitting the supervisors(who post on here, some do list their names).

12-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Hey time for a change,

I dont know what the purpose of posting everyone's name on this public site is, but in case you don't know detectives who work in VIN need to keep their identities concealed for safety reasons.

I along with my partners would appreciate it if you not make our names so accessible to the public.

and by the way if you want everyone to post their names where is yours ?

my name is above and if you have something to say to me come find me

12-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Leave it to 634 to lead off the first negative post. By the way, all of our names are already public record. You of all people should know that.

No negative connotation or sensitive information was associated with anyone's name. Simply attempting to start a drive for uplifting morale. Way to kill the spirit! As usual you are first in line to *****!

DAVIE634
12-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Leave it to 634 to lead off the first negative post. By the way, all of our names are already public record. You of all people should know that.

No negative connotation or sensitive information was associated with anyone's name. Simply attempting to start a drive for uplifting morale. Way to kill the spirit! As usual you are first in line to *****!

our names might be public record but you actually have to do some foot work to get them...as usual, I provided my name...where's yours?

12-02-2007, 01:33 AM
Simply attempting to start a drive for uplifting morale. Way to kill the spirit!

That's about the STUPIDEST thing I've ever read on here... What the hell is the purpose of posting everyone's name???? Absolutely NO point in that at all..... You are CERTAINLY not a mental giant.

The funniest thing of all is that 634 is right. You post everyone else's name, but leave out who YOU are? So, who are you, tough guy? Since you want to raise our morale so much, identify yourself and maybe others will follow. Lead by example.

12-02-2007, 02:07 AM
I guess all three of my questions were answered.

1. Yes
2. No
3. Nothing

Thanks for playing. My point was completely missed. Guess I should have known better.

By the way, I wonder what's more difficult... fumbling around the internet to try and find an obscure website that only cops and a handful of local politicians read, or simply walking in to Town Hall or the PD and asking for a list of the officers? names? :roll:

12-02-2007, 02:23 AM
who are you ?

12-02-2007, 01:39 PM
This is your brain - O

This is your brain on drugs -

Any questions ?

i guess you were right

12-02-2007, 01:47 PM
By the way, I wonder what's more difficult... fumbling around the internet to try and find an obscure website that only cops and a handful of local politicians read, or simply walking in to Town Hall or the PD and asking for a list of the officers? names? :roll:

So, let me get this straight. You're posting everyone else's name and calling us out for posting anonymously, but YOU'RE DOING THE SAME THING??? SO, SET US ALL STRAIGHT! ANSWER OUR ONLY QUESTION:

WHO ARE YOU???

12-09-2007, 03:23 AM
THAT WAS VERY HONORABLE OF GENE TO POST HIS APOLOGY. I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD HOLIDAY SEASON.

12-11-2007, 03:11 AM
I have to ask you "WHOS YER MOMMY" ?