PDA

View Full Version : looking for change

11-28-2007, 03:30 PM
I currently work for a SO in SW FL. I've been here 5 years and the politics are getting way out of control. I was looking into DEP and wanted to get some input from some DEP LEO's. Positives and negatives is what I was wandering. I want stay with FRS high risk and DEP looks like a jam up job. Thanks

11-28-2007, 07:57 PM
The job isn't too bad. We get to use all kinds of alternate patrol techniques in the job. Boats, bikes, and some even have airboats.

We are currently working 8 hour shifts and hopefully it might go to 10 hour shifts. Most shifts are daytime and evenings and some night details. We work all holidays and most special details are around that time. Some areas of the state have plenty of off duty, some areas have none.

Don't think that by changing agencies that the politics will get better, just different.

11-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the info. I may wait out the election to see what happens. I know the politics want change but it is tough in a small county. Is the state pay range still in the $30,000 area?

12-01-2007, 02:47 AM
Yes it's great there is absolutely no politics here, it like nirvana, yes welcome :roll: