PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious

11-28-2007, 04:08 AM
14 years in FSR. Ex-wife getting most of my paycheck and at a point in my career to NEED the extra money.
If it has been posted, i have missed it. Is there any insentive for years of experience with your agency? 93-2000 Florida State Prison and 2000-present as a Deputy Sheriff. If someone is here that can provide the facts on this, i would appreciate it. Looking for something new.

11-28-2007, 04:54 AM
At the present time, there is no pay increase for years of experience from other agencies. You start at the starting pay just like everyone else, but whos to say that there will not be a policy like that in the future!!!

11-28-2007, 04:57 AM
Thank you for the info. Been working with a small agency myself and as far as im concerned, i want to keep it that way.

11-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Coming form anoher agency myslef I must tell you the starting pay is alot higher at some reservations than the local Police or Sheriff's Offices, so keep that in mond and dont let it deter you...

11-28-2007, 07:54 AM
I have looked at the starting pay and it is higher than most agencies. Im just dealing with the 14 years of FSR that i would give up for a 401k. But, change is good sometimes. Thanx for the input. By the way, if you are employed by SPD, are their cola raises, evaluation raises, etc? What is the radius for a take home car?

11-28-2007, 08:07 AM
There usually is an annual raise and a annual cola raise, I say again, Usually. There is at the present, no merits raises.

12-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Coming form anoher agency myslef I must tell you the starting pay is alot higher at some reservations than the local Police or Sheriff's Offices, so keep that in mond and dont let it deter you...

I'll add that there are also much more details available here than at most other agencies. Although we start at a fairly decent base salary, anyone who likes to work can top 80-100k easy.

Details at Hollywood HardRock are open to any officer once cleared from FTO @ $40 hr.

12-04-2007, 02:56 PM
I have looked at the starting pay and it is higher than most agencies. Im just dealing with the 14 years of FSR that i would give up for a 401k. But, change is good sometimes. Thanx for the input. By the way, if you are employed by SPD, are their cola raises, evaluation raises, etc? What is the radius for a take home car?

Make sure that you transfer your FRS from pension to investment 30 days before you leave your agency.... then roll it over into another investment program, that way you dont miss out. If you dont transfer the $$ then you will be stuck with it in FRS (which is why it is the richest pension in the US). It takes an act of God to get $$ out of that program, I congradulate those that retire and actually get to dip into it. Good luck.

12-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the info, especially the last post.