PDA

View Full Version : a little info please

11-25-2007, 12:58 AM
I saw one of these advertised for the Tampa area on People First. How many of these positons are there and in what time frame would they like to have them filled.

Thanks.

11-25-2007, 02:31 AM
I saw one of these advertised for the Tampa area on People First. How many of these positons are there and in what time frame would they like to have them filled.

Thanks.

Did you apply already, as that posting has already closed.

11-25-2007, 04:19 AM
They are going to fill them rather quickly. So for the state of florida that means around June.

11-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Yes, I have applied already. *S* The wheels of the state do turn slowly, but at least they are still turning. I appreciate the help.

11-25-2007, 11:25 PM
what backround do you have?

11-25-2007, 11:39 PM
B.A. Criminal Justice
7 years - municipal police officer
21 years - state investigator
3,000 hours - specialized training

11-26-2007, 03:13 AM
Sounds good. Are you already Fl Cert?

11-27-2007, 02:46 AM
10-04, since 1979

11-28-2007, 12:10 AM
What do you have, like 4 yrs left and you retire from the state. Yet you want to begin a new chapter. Is your current state job that bad. Which agency is it if you dont mind me asking?

11-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Actually, I am looking at nine years. Four more for 25 plus five of drop.

11-29-2007, 12:24 AM
What is the typical hiring process? All state agencies run the process a little differently.

What is the time frame that they are looking to fill these positions?

How long does the process take? Approximately, of course.

Is most of the process conducted in the area where the position is or in Tallahassee?

Is the physical portion the PAT test ( the one that starts and finishes inside the car) or the one where you run 1.5 miles and do situps and push ups, like FDLE does.

Is there a polygraph?

Is there an oral board? If so, of how many people is it usually comprised?

Do you know what background experience the agency is actually looking for? I realize that they would like to have someone with strong investigative skills as well a strong computer background and skills. However, do you know if there is one that they would prefer over the other?

Thanks for the time and the help.

Rotten Herman
11-29-2007, 02:58 AM
Process is two pronged.

1) Have you made contributions to a particular political party or are connected in some way, having kissed ass in a previous job? If so, bypass all of the next process - the job is yours.

2) Fill out a state of florida application online at Peoplefirst.com
If you meet the minimum criteria you may get called for an interview. The interview usually with a few people, maybe an LT. CAPT. LAWYER, Chief. If they like you they will check your references, and do a thorough background investigation. There's no polygraph, but there is a medical exam. Don't worry, they will take you unless you are 1/2 dead or on prozac. No physical agility or intell aptitude test given. This whole process takes time several weeks maybe months. Then hopefully the position won't be frozen in some legistlative action, or the Captain's sisters' friend doesn't need a job. If after all this is completed - CONGRATULATIONS! You got a job!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

11-29-2007, 04:28 AM
So what you are saying is the hiring process is the same for all state agencies...

11-30-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm gonna miss ya Stevie B. But anyways, GOOD LUCK to you in Orlando. The AG will soon realize they made a great choice in hiring you for that position. I know you will do well and excel with computer investigations. OH, and yes I will be sending you quite a bit of work after you settle in! When your back in your old hood (Oakland Park) give me a ring and we'll do Cheddars finally!

12-05-2007, 03:07 AM
Does anyone know when they are going to hold interviews for the cyber crime positions?

Thanks.

12-05-2007, 11:12 PM
As soon as they pick who they want

12-06-2007, 04:10 AM
not exactly what I was hoping for