PDA

View Full Version : Pay

11-24-2007, 06:12 AM
What is CCSO's starting pay?? and is there a Union??

11-28-2007, 06:18 PM
No Union / pay is around 36k.....inform yourself and read posts on this site prior to droppin that app.....

BSAFE

03-07-2008, 02:24 AM
Let's see you are from the South have experience, make more money than average D/S or Cpt. here in some cases, bring a proactive mentality to the plate, think outside the box then you can get hired here. OOOOPs I forgot one thing BE READY TO BE A PUPPET NOW.....cause if your NOT Dawsy & Co. will have you on radar then drop the axe at will!!!!

PS. grieveance procedures consist of relocating to who ever will employ you after they 66 you.... :twisted:

03-07-2008, 10:43 PM
The starting pay is in the area of 35-36k. Raises are perfomanced based anywhere between 3%-6%. If you come to work and do what is expected of you it is very easy to attain 4%-5% every year.

Hey Laz,

Let it go bro... It is rather obvious you didn't fit in here. However, a MAJORITY of the LEOs hired from south Flori-duh are still here and doing well.

Confucious say; "If you rock the boat, you may fall out"

Peace out!

03-08-2008, 07:22 PM
The starting pay is in the area of 35-36k. Raises are perfomanced based anywhere between 3%-6%. If you come to work and do what is expected of you it is very easy to attain 4%-5% every year.

Hey Laz,

Let it go bro... It is rather obvious you didn't fit in here. However, a MAJORITY of the LEOs hired from south Flori-duh are still here and doing well.

Peace out!

Confucius said,"Remember this, my child. An oppressive government is fiercer and more feared than a tiger." That meant that the government in the woman's province did not rule the province well. So Confucius said that the government was more feared than a tiger. This was one of the many events where he had to give a person a lesson.

Thanks brother for the history lesson. Confucius never worked for CCSO and he has them figured out too exactly like the oppressive govt. where you are allegedly "DOING WELL".......LOL

All in stride my friend-BSAFE

03-14-2008, 09:27 PM

Hey Laz,

Peace out!

Wait i believe its spelled South FloriDough as in ($$$$) cuz I know for fact CCSO ain't rollin in it!!!! Staring @ 9.5% pay raise in 2008 5% since the 1st of the year and 4.5% in July and another 9.5% in 09 NOT to mention the forthcoming renewal of our contract which anticipates another 30% pay raise over the next 3 years.....

Ooops!!!! Can you say "Collective Bargaining" which has off duty pay @ 33/hr and 43.50/hr for special events.....Time & half after 11 hours of straight time.

Let us know if you want the website for an APP cuz I know even with 10 years on there you ain't touch'n with OT what a D/S with less than 6 makes here......D/S top out @67K, then we hav career path with 4 steps; step 4 puts you in 90's as a slick sleeve D/S,Sgt's top @96K, Lt 115K, Cpt 125K

And you wonder WHY your Sheriff is against UNIONS??? He doesn't want to see you succeed like him in his 6 figure position and beautiful 4/3 in Pine Ridge with FREE golf and Season Tix to Tampa which cost him NADA....

Wake up fellas.....

03-16-2008, 02:56 PM
There is NO amount of $$$ that an LE agency could pay, that would be enough to entice me to want to live anywhere south of where I am at now.

Of the surrounding counties here;

1 is larger but makes LESS $$$,

1 makes more $$ but moral is not the greatest, and

2 are smaller and make less money.

03-19-2008, 03:10 PM
There is NO amount of $$$ that an LE agency could pay, that would be enough to entice me to want to live anywhere south of where I am at now.

Of the surrounding counties here;

1 is larger but makes LESS $$$,

1 makes more $$ but moral is not the greatest, and

2 are smaller and make less money.

What exactly are you saying here? It's difficult to work elsewhere surrounding Citrus? Or U can't werk anywhere but Citrus?

Yeah i agree wit U 2 on living living further south, only problem is da system here is stagnant and in DIRE NEED of CHANGE...

We B breeding "DO BOYZZ" no one seems 2 think 4 themselves cuz of the puppet regime that exists wit da current administration. And LORD help U if have a head on your shoulders, think for yourself, and do the right thing without da misguidance of Dik-son, Mon-day, or the Officer Bill of Rights violator Ri$$$ie........
DAMN shame when new hires are aware of 2 things on swearing in; 1) the Dawsy philosophy, which doesn't include arbitration or grievances 2) When dey see Bonnie wearing BLACK watch yo bak!

By da way I'm happy U B "DOIN WELL" werkn 4 da PP(Puppet Police) so PLEASE continue 2 file YO grievances here as dey will get NO ATTENTION anywhere else!!!!

03-20-2008, 03:42 AM
Please tell me your punctuation was intentional and you are not illiterate....

03-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Please tell me your punctuation was intentional and you are not illiterate....

Why did you have to put your thinking cap on Jeb to figure it out???

04-04-2008, 06:45 PM
I recently finished the academy so the Army sent me to the mid. East as a graduation present. I see alot of greif with your hiearchy and must say if few stand up, you will see no results. I have seen it succed and fail in instances of no integrity from superiors. If enough unite and confront something will happen. I do not fully understand; nor have I worked in your positions, so I hope that it is something that can be fixed.
When I return to FL I plan on applying with a county. I was considering Sumter, Citrus, or Hernando. Do any of you have any suggestions in the areas of pay, support(admin.), and advancement(SWAT, EOD,Marine ptrl....)??
Thanks

04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
I recently finished the academy so the Army sent me to the mid. East as a graduation present. I see alot of greif with your hiearchy and must say if few stand up, you will see no results. I have seen it succed and fail in instances of no integrity from superiors. If enough unite and confront something will happen. I do not fully understand; nor have I worked in your positions, so I hope that it is something that can be fixed.
When I return to FL I plan on applying with a county. I was considering Sumter, Citrus, or Hernando. Do any of you have any suggestions in the areas of pay, support(admin.), and advancement(SWAT, EOD,Marine ptrl....)??
Thanks

Hoorah!! my friend i agree which is why this forum was created; I'm a former 19kilo10 my brother or M1 tanker for those not familiar. Do yourself a solid and reconsider NOT applying to any of the counties mentioned. Especially Sumter or Citrus; Hernando may be the better of the 3 but you stand a better chance with Hillsborough, Orange or even further South having a better career in LE, even seasoned vets have trouble adjusting to this regional buffoonery of police work. Currently unions and bargaining agents are representing agencies from Orlando south and with that comes better pay plans, retirement, health care, representation for grievances and discipline. In 2003 Florida legislation voted to allow bargaining agents for all elected officials. Why has Citrus, Sumter and many others still NOT allowed this to occur; because the current philosophy of the Good 'Ol Boys exists and professionalism of collective bargaining and representation doesn't. Peace of advise bro, look elsewhere, unless you enjoy being a puppet. :roll:

05-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Tanker....that last post was great... I work for a City in Lake CO and it's just as F'd up as I guess it is over there..

I'm gonna cut out this little post and stick on the the wall at the PD...Those of us from outside this area sit and laugh everyday about how pathetic it is

05-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Tanker....that last post was great... I work for a City in Lake CO and it's just as F'd up as I guess it is over there..

I'm gonna cut out this little post and stick on the the wall at the PD...Those of us from outside this area sit and laugh everyday about how pathetic it is

N E Time brother....I'm not afraid to tell it how it is and when you speak your mind or the truth here @ CCSO they discipline or tarnish your career. Issues like that are common practice or better know as Good 'Ol Boy mentality along with violating your officer Bill Of Rights, so i can speak freely here and allow the TRUTH to be known so my fellow brothers in green or blue can be aware of the smoking mirrors CCSO casts. I fell into the recruitment nightmare hook, line & sinker disrupting my life, career and finanaces which they filled with a fairy tale of lies, deceit, and schnanigans like no tomorrow.

Till collective bargaining is voted in this admin. will continue to run the dictatorship ruining careers at will. Be a TEAM and unify the VOTE through PERC 51% is all you need to establish more Fairness, Integrity, Character, Professionalism amongst the ranks and the agency.

Good Luck my friend!

Bean5769
05-16-2008, 12:40 PM
collective bargaining isnt all its cracked up to be. just look at the road down here in pinellas. so far every bargaining session the sheriff tells them to pound sand and they do. hope things look up for you guys and be safe.

05-19-2008, 06:56 PM
collective bargaining isnt all its cracked up to be. just look at the road down here in pinellas. so far every bargaining session the sheriff tells them to pound sand and they do. hope things look up for you guys and be safe.

Who is your collective bargaining agent?

Bean5769
05-22-2008, 02:13 AM
our LEO's are represented by the FOP and the jail has no representation. we typically get our raise in oct. and i believe the road only recently got their raise and with no retro. other concerns for the most part have been ignored by our sheriff. also our sheriff doesnt go to the bargaining sessions but sends a representative. from what i read on here, it sounds like our sheriff, faults and all, is a saint compared to yours as far as working conditions go. once again be safe and i hope it gets better.

05-22-2008, 02:59 AM
Bean,

It's no worse here than anywhere else. It's not perfect, but it is FAR from a bad place to work.

05-23-2008, 04:16 PM
our LEO's are represented by the FOP and the jail has no representation. we typically get our raise in oct. and i believe the road only recently got their raise and with no retro. other concerns for the most part have been ignored by our sheriff. also our sheriff doesnt go to the bargaining sessions but sends a representative. from what i read on here, it sounds like our sheriff, faults and all, is a saint compared to yours as far as working conditions go. once again be safe and i hope it gets better.

Well that is sad situation in Pinellas and interesting at the same time. Parity is being ignored by your Sheriff which says alot about how your agency is dealing with everyone in Green. Since its being ignored or NOT dealt with fairly by having parity, the corrections dept., is esentially second class citizens or NOT WORTHY...We are NOT WORTHY here in Citrus either by the way the guys in green are treated but to differentiate both entities in that manner is deplorable. We don't have that issue here because the Sheriff decided along time ago to sell out the jail to privatization...Since he sold them out why do you think we are voicing frustration out here? Its the Sheriff's way or the "Highway" which don't exist in this county but sounds good...Attrition rate is high as the number of puppets working here.

As the Democrats say its time for a recount and revisit the PERC vote for representation to main order and fairness amongst the ranks...

Good Luck Butta Bean!!

Bean5769
05-28-2008, 01:59 AM
actually the sheriff has been treating us jailers fine. we get our raise and any perks the union gets we get. the sheriff is trying to make an example of the union and with the FOP being new to the game, there are alot of road dawgs who are unhappy with the union. it seems that since this is right to work state, that the union is not very effective. again stay safe and on a positive note, i have met several of you guys and feel that i have always been treated respectful. for that thank you.