PDA

View Full Version : Openings in Miami

11-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm considering a transfer to Miami. But first, I would like to find out if the office is as bad as it sounds. I heard a couple of your good guys are leaving, but when I call them on their cells, I guess they're too busy or important, and never answer or return calls.

So, what's the scoop in Miami? Feel free. No one knows who you are and you would be doing a great deed by informing me of the truth.

11-23-2007, 09:29 PM
In a word... Don't !!

11-23-2007, 09:46 PM
I would hold off on any transfer for now. I don't know where you are, but why run the risk of going from bad to worse? A new Director has always resulted in change. The changes with Director Hill give me a bit of hope.

11-24-2007, 04:41 AM
I would hold off on any transfer for now. I don't know where you are, but why run the risk of going from bad to worse? A new Director has always resulted in change. The changes with Director Hill give me a bit of hope.

Puleaze!

11-24-2007, 02:34 PM

Puleaze!

"Puleaze" is a common response to questions on this board, but I do not understand it's meaning or significance. Are you attempting to communicate a thought? Are you attempting to advance a theory? Are you attempting to be humorous? Did you intend to type "please?"

11-26-2007, 01:19 AM
So, what's the problem in Miami, the agents or the supervisors? Because, as far as I heard, you have several good agents.

11-26-2007, 04:12 AM
Depends on who you ask, and on what day. Ask supervisors and they will explain how they can't establish a knowledge base because agents don't stay long enough to be of any value to the agency. Agents are constantly being trained and leaving. Ask the agents and they will tell you about poor FTO's leaves them feeling on their own and lacking the detailed knowledge to do investigations other than minors and inspections. They may also elude to unstable management, political agendas and a lack of interest. One of the biggest issues I see - you can't split a captain between two offices, regardless of how it looked on paper during the reorg fraud implemented by the former administration.
The only advantage to being in the Miami office - CAD $$$

11-28-2007, 02:13 AM
What are you talking about?? The Mimai D.O. is a great placed to work..

11-28-2007, 02:46 AM
What are you talking about?? The Mimai D.O. is a great placed to work..

It may very well be a great place to work, but it isn't a great office.

11-28-2007, 05:15 PM
I've heard of your Miami Ofc, and know a few of the guys. It's not that bad. What sucks is the area. The southern end of Florida is going to the dogs. Everywhere you look its getting worse. Unaffordable homes, crime doubling, and very unfriendly citizens towards anyone wearing a badge.
I recently applied for the openings posted within Lee County.
The homes are well priced, and you can hear a pin drop for miles. Anybody know about that office, and how long usually till they call you back.

11-29-2007, 02:49 PM
1) Poor management
2) Poor management
3) Poor management
4) Poor management
5) Poor management

Oops, I'm sorry, I thought your were asking about ABT as a whole. But anyway, the guys in Miami hope PC goes to Ft. Lauderdale.

11-29-2007, 09:58 PM
I guess the "guys" in Miami will be disappointed as PC is not going to Fort Lauderdale. So sorry-

11-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey Horses Mouth,

Why do you say she won't go to Ft. Lauderdale?

11-29-2007, 10:50 PM
why don't you try asking her?

You know- most of the crap on this entire web site could easily be eliminated if many of you would just communicate your likes and dislikes to the person you have an issue with.

11-29-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't work in Miami so I never see her.

11-30-2007, 01:17 AM
Al fin- el bombillo se me ensendio-

Envidia-

Con la Flaca, Pancho, la Princesa, la Doctora, Batman, el devuelvo de Robin, Chacha, Chicha, el Ratoncito Papi Chulo, el Coqui, Radio Mambi, Tito, Tato, Beyonce, la Madrina, y la Peli Roja-

No los falta nada- bueno a lo mejor Mirtica

La mejor oficina de el estado, la competencia no se compara, el carino nadie mas tiene- claro que van a seguir jodiendo.

Tengan cuidado. Siempre hay moros en la costa-y tias. Los selos estan descontrolados-pero Chango, y Babalu los protege y un con un despojo de Hialeah hechamos para alante

Nadamas estamos empesando- en 2008 vamos a acabar :wink: :wink: -

Y mas que nada, con este mensaje se van a volver loco!!!!!

11-30-2007, 01:52 AM
Al fin- el bombillo se me ensendio-

Envidia-

Con la Flaca, Pancho, la Princesa, la Doctora, Batman, el devuelvo de Robin, Chacha, Chicha, el Ratoncito Papi Chulo, el Coqui, Radio Mambi, Tito, Tato, Beyonce, la Madrina, y la Peli Roja-

No los falta nada- bueno a lo mejor Mirtica

La mejor oficina de el estado, la competencia no se compara, el carino nadie mas tiene- claro que van a seguir jodiendo.

Tengan cuidado. Siempre hay moros en la costa-y tias. Los selos estan descontrolados-pero Chango, y Babalu los protege y un con un despojo de Hialeah hechamos para alante

Nadamas estamos empesando- en 2008 vamos a acabar :wink: :wink: -

Y mas que nada, con este mensaje se van a volver loco!!!!!

And in English:

Al end- the light bulb itself me ensendio-

Envies-

With the Thin one, Pancho, the Princess, the Doctor, Batman, the I return from Robin, Chews, Liquor, the Ratoncito Pretty Daddy, the Coqui, Radio Mambi, Tito, Brother, Beyonce, the Godmother, and the Peli Red-

Not the lack swims- good maybe Mirtica

The best office of the state, the competence is not compared, the carino nobody but has- clear that are going to continue screwing.

Be careful. Always there are moorish in the coast-and tias. Be them are them descontrolados but Chango, and Babalu protects them and a with a spoils of Hialeah hechamos for alante

Nadamas we are empesando- in 2008 we are going to finish -

And but that nothing, with this message they are going to go crazy! !!!!

11-30-2007, 02:15 AM
Thanks for the info guys, you were very helpfull. Sweetwater PD here I come.
Man, you guys are worse than Hialeah. Here I am saying that I'm applying with your agency, I bring with me 15 years of street experience, and a willingness to work, and what happens........PUTERIA.
Take care guys good luck to all of you with your future endeavors.

Stay safe and watch your 6

11-30-2007, 08:27 PM
To SFLAPO,

I'm sorry you got bombarded by the more unfriendly users of this site. If you really would like some sincere input, you are more than welcome to come by the Miami Office and ask to speak to an agent. If not, you could leave a message asking for us to contact you. Don't base your decision on the postings within this site...most of the time it's not worth paying attention to.

Good luck in your search for your next department.

12-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Most of the time it is one or two people typing back and forth trying to cause problems, it makes them feel special.

12-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Any idea as to what the starting pay is with 10 years of experience?

12-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Same as with no experience, you do get more though for being in miami with C.A.D.

12-14-2007, 02:45 AM
Length of experience doesn't count for much - 5-10-15-20 pick a number. The pay is the same - about $39,465 - give or take a couple hundred. You do get about $100.00 a week in what is called "competitive area differential." It may have been competitive 20 years ago....

12-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Are you serious, I thought you guys made more than us. Holy excrement.
Well, nice talking to you guys, enjoy your careers.

12-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Sad, but true. There has not been a significant raise for state officers in more than a decade. Most every county or municipal agency of any size (100 or more) passed us long ago. There doesn't seem to be much hope of that changing any time soon.

12-17-2007, 03:07 AM
why would you want to work in an agency thats full of incompetent supervisors and wanna be law enforcement officers.... :twisted:

12-17-2007, 11:53 AM
why would you want to work in an agency thats full of incompetent supervisors and wanna be law enforcement officers.... :twisted:

Cause we do what we want, work from home part-time and we are a regulatory agency who really does not need to be law enforcement officers. Why? Why are you reading our page..looking for a part-time job?

12-17-2007, 01:57 PM

I like the hours, as long as I do 160 in a month they really do not care how I do it. I can work complaints or go out and find my own. If I want to work with another agency I make a few phone calls and go out with them. I get a state car and burn state gas. Pay may not be as good, but we do have some better benefits than others. It just depends on where you are in your career. Do you want to shag calls all shift or do you want to work how you want? Money isn't everything, if that was the case Miami Gardens wouldn't always always hiring.

12-19-2007, 05:21 AM
what kind of off duty details do you have in miami? Also how much do they pay a hour