PDA

View Full Version : New overheads.

11-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Have you seen the new overheads on all the new vehicles ? They look pretty nice and should help with officer safety. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

11-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Have you seen the new overheads on all the new vehicles ? They look pretty nice and should help with officer safety. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

someone please post a picture. It's about time the county got with the times.

11-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Have you seen the new overheads on all the new vehicles ? They look pretty nice and should help with officer safety.

How do overheads help ofc. safety?

11-24-2007, 11:34 PM
By making you more visible on traffic stops and not getting hit by a DUI from behind and having your career come to an end. Not to mention the added visibility while running 2 and 3's. Thank god the county is getting rid of the streethawks that were introduced in the 1980's. Hopefully it won't take another 25 years to upgrade equipment in the future.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know the brand and model of the new overheads?

11-25-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't know who makes them but they look like the same ones used by School Board, Miami, Hialeah and the Beach. They have the red & blue lenses and not the clear ones.

11-26-2007, 06:05 PM

someone please post a picture. It's about time the county got with the times.

http://images25.fotki.com/v904/photos/4 ... 339-vi.jpg (http://images25.fotki.com/v904/photos/4/49373/242345/cnpca8339-vi.jpg)

If they look anything like the beach, here's a pic

11-26-2007, 07:16 PM
I just saw the new overheads on a green-and-white while driving through Miami Lakes earlier today. The lights look similar to ones used by School Board and Hialeah. Now, only if they would do something with the stripping... :roll:

11-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Now, only if they would do something with the stripping...

So what do you recommend?

11-27-2007, 01:29 AM
How about the new cars say Miami-Dade Sheriffs Office and every new recruit or person ordering new uniforms gets them in green. Why is the County paying extra money every year to be called a Police Department rather then a Sheriff's Office?

I'm not trying to be a smart alleck. I have never gotten a straight answer on this.

11-27-2007, 01:34 AM
because at one time Miami-Dade tried to get a piece of the State 1% Fund by calling it's self a police department.

11-27-2007, 02:15 AM
because at one time Miami-Dade tried to get a piece of the State 1% Fund by calling it's self a police department.

Well, they didn't get it. So, why not go back to a Sheriff's Department?

11-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Now, only if they would do something with the stripping...

So what do you recommend?

Just for the style to be changed up a bit..keep the "Miami-Dade Police" logo, but have the design along the lines of the Martin County, FL Sheriff's Office. Their decal design definetely caught my eye. Even the new decals on the Crown Vics for Miami-Dade Fire Rescue look pretty neat. What do you guys think?

11-28-2007, 01:08 AM
Do you have any pictures of what they look like ? :D

11-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Do you have any pictures of what they look like ? :D

I got my first good look of them on a green-and-white in Miami Gardens. I couldn't snap a pic, but from what I saw they resemble the overheads used by Fort Lauderdale and Tampa, FL PD on their new '07 CVPI's. I'll try and post up a pic soon. :D

11-30-2007, 10:44 PM

Who gives a rats @ss if it says Police or Sheriff????

Unregistered
06-12-2016, 06:45 AM
Guys, I too enjoy the overheads. They look so nice and crisp.

Unregistered
06-12-2016, 11:10 AM
How about the new cars say Miami-Dade Sheriffs Office and every new recruit or person ordering new uniforms gets them in green. Why is the County paying extra money every year to be called a Police Department rather then a Sheriff's Office?

I'm not trying to be a smart alleck. I have never gotten a straight answer on this.

You must not read your legal tips of the day. One of them clearly said the linty does not pay a fine for being called a police department.

Unregistered
06-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Anybody seen the lot full of brand new cars (fords) on 87 and sunset? Those cars have just been sitting there doing nothing for close to a year. Got their stripes about two months ago. I suppose the mayor will roll those babies out the next photo opportunity he gets... Perhaps the next time he changes the graduation dates of the trainees to make it look like theyre all graduating at the same time.

Meanwhile we continue to drive vehicles with no computer mounts, broken overheads and upwards of 170,000 miles on them.

Cheers!

Unregistered
06-12-2016, 01:23 PM
Anybody seen the lot full of brand new cars (fords) on 87 and sunset? Those cars have just been sitting there doing nothing for close to a year. Got their stripes about two months ago. I suppose the mayor will roll those babies out the next photo opportunity he gets... Perhaps the next time he changes the graduation dates of the trainees to make it look like theyre all graduating at the same time.

Meanwhile we continue to drive vehicles with no computer mounts, broken overheads and upwards of 170,000 miles on them.

Cheers!

Why do any police work if Mayor Gimenez doesn't want you to do any? No cars, no tickets, no raises, extremely expensive insurance rates, and the lack of personnel in all bureaus are hints to this new disastrous police environment.

Unregistered
06-12-2016, 02:11 PM
Why do any police work if Mayor Gimenez doesn't want you to do any? No cars, no tickets, no raises, extremely expensive insurance rates, and the lack of personnel in all bureaus are hints to this new disastrous police environment.

I understand why you and many others might feel that way. Unfortunately most feel that way and it's doing no good for our agency.

I love what I do. I'm a Police Officer. Every day I wake up and go to work (on the road) with good intension... I'm not saying that you or anyone else who has low moral in our department doesn't but what I am saying is that I'd be letting myself down if I let our lack of leadership, as a whole, effect the way I choose to work.

My entire life I've done the best that I can with the little I've had; perhaps I know no other way.

Like I said.. I get it. I'm aware of the issues in our agency and I am concerned about them. I just refuse let that be an excuse. I am no better than anyone else I just couldn't have it any other way.

Unregistered
06-13-2016, 10:05 PM
I understand why you and many others might feel that way. Unfortunately most feel that way and it's doing no good for our agency.

I love what I do. I'm a Police Officer. Every day I wake up and go to work (on the road) with good intension... I'm not saying that you or anyone else who has low moral in our department doesn't but what I am saying is that I'd be letting myself down if I let our lack of leadership, as a whole, effect the way I choose to work.

My entire life I've done the best that I can with the little I've had; perhaps I know no other way.

Like I said.. I get it. I'm aware of the issues in our agency and I am concerned about them. I just refuse let that be an excuse. I am no better than anyone else I just couldn't have it any other way.

I wish I can think like you but it's irresponsible to place aside my family to give everything I don't have to the community. I, like the many other officers, depend on this job to provide to our families so it's coming to the point, to place both feet on the ground, rethink and search for other options. Many of us have college degrees and experience to seek better and rewarding careers where we can smile without worries.

Unregistered
06-13-2016, 10:20 PM
I wish I can think like you but it's irresponsible to place aside my family to give everything I don't have to the community. I, like the many other officers, depend on this job to provide to our families so it's coming to the point, to place both feet on the ground, rethink and search for other options. Many of us have college degrees and experience to seek better and rewarding careers where we can smile without worries.

Good luck to you sir don't let the door hit you on the way out. I'm sure the private sector will be perfect for you

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 02:47 AM
i understand why you and many others might feel that way. Unfortunately most feel that way and it's doing no good for our agency.

I love what i do. I'm a police officer. Every day i wake up and go to work (on the road) with good intension... I'm not saying that you or anyone else who has low moral in our department doesn't but what i am saying is that i'd be letting myself down if i let our lack of leadership, as a whole, effect the way i choose to work.

My entire life i've done the best that i can with the little i've had; perhaps i know no other way.

Like i said.. I get it. I'm aware of the issues in our agency and i am concerned about them. I just refuse let that be an excuse. I am no better than anyone else i just couldn't have it any other way.

company man right here!!!!!....

Unregistered
06-14-2016, 03:20 PM

That's fair. I for one don't have those variables.. perhaps if I did my train of thought would shift.

You can call me a "company man" or whatever you wish. I'm stating facts. I work the way I work not in the name of a company or in our case a politician. I do it because, for me, it's the right thing to do. To each their own.

Unregistered
06-15-2016, 12:27 AM
company man right here!!!!!....

I am a company man as well. Get to work slugs or do us all a favor and resign take your talent (poision) else where...

Unregistered
06-17-2016, 05:09 AM
I enjoy the new overheads as well.