PDA

View Full Version : Can all this be traced

11-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Can all of these posting be traced through the IP address? If so how can it be done?

11-21-2007, 11:54 PM
All IP's can be traced, but who cares. Most dont know how or what to do. If its not the truth, dont say it on a public forum !

11-22-2007, 12:08 AM
IP addresses only give you internet provider info. such as, AOL or bellsouth. The only way personal info can be obtained through the provider is with a court order and a felony has been or will be committed. SO QRU keep talking shitz about each other. By the way, this FDLE

11-22-2007, 12:51 AM
What you said is pretty much true, but if you have " hooks" in certain places, they will give you info. Just depends on your hooks. Also if you are assigned to an outside "big" agency , you would be amazed at what they do without going through the "system" . No, I am not that stupid to name the agency that some of our guys work or had worked for, but that is a fact! IP's , phone's, all is fair game.

11-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Ever hear of Computer Forensics? You'd be surprised what can be found out.

11-23-2007, 12:14 AM
My Point exactly, but who cares if its the truth !

11-23-2007, 12:25 AM
All IP's can be traced, but who cares. Most dont know how or what to do. If its not the truth, dont say it on a public forum !
Slander can get you busted.. Truth = a great time!

11-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Can all of these posting be traced through the IP address? If so how can it be done?

HoooHaaaHaaaa......why yes, look to your right, check under your seat, in your mirror,.....I am watching you right now. Your ash will be in my office within a week where I shall strip you of your dignity....oh wait...I've been doing that since I hired you...ok, well I'll strip you of your gun and badge and make you a deal to rat out your cronies.
HmmmmHoooooHaaaaaHaaaaa......Beware, I'm watching all of you and i'm about to swoop down and drop a massive DF on all of you maggots

01-08-2008, 04:35 PM
LEO has blocked attempts to get poster info under free speech. But your address an only be gotten with a court order. Criminal speech is not protected under free speech. You have the right to hang yourself with your right to free speech.

Mod 100
01-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Anything you view or post from a work computer or netwok, can be accessed by your MIS/IT people. There is no privacy on a work computer or network.

Now, if you post from your private computer from a non-work network, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Our moderators are their to protect you by enforcing the Terms of Use. We have never released any IP addresses. We have successfully prevented the release of IP addresses when subpoenaed by the Hillsborough Sheriff. The 2nd DCA ruled that we did not have to release any IP addresses.

Your moderator does not have access to any IP addresses. The only four people that can even view your IP address is Jim, Chip, who are the owners of the board, Mod 2 and Mod 1. No other moderator can view IP addresses.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Mod 100