PDA

View Full Version : Black & White's

11-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey when are you guys going to black and whites? I've seen the new cars with new led bars but your old lettering.....

11-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Magill get black and whites? Pshhhhhh. Everything has to be done backwards in Hallandale thats what makes Hallandale, Hallandale.

11-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Why should we get Black and Whites? We have our own design. We are not a bunch of sheep following along with other agencies. We are unique and proud of our department and don't want to be mistaken for others.

11-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Magill get black and whites? Pshhhhhh. Everything has to be done backwards in Hallandale thats what makes Hallandale, Hallandale. Why is not following a trend backwards? Like your mommy asked you"just because everyone jumps off a bridge, does that mean you have to also?" Besides who says we are backwards. Second agency in the county to issue tasers, first one to issue rifles, best pension in the state, best cops in the U.S. Shall I go on?

11-19-2007, 09:40 PM
best pension in the state

What do you guys contribute to your pension and what's your percentage after minimum years? And does it include overtime?

11-19-2007, 09:54 PM
[quote="Huh?":109hwzvq]best pension in the state

What do you guys contribute to your pension and what's your percentage after minimum years? And does it include overtime?[/quote:109hwzvq]Contribute 10% get 80% after 25 years but you can buy down 5 years and leave after 20 or go into the DROP and still only hang around for 25. OT is counted toward final calculation as is the first $10,000 of details. It works out to 91% of your pay if you work details.

11-20-2007, 02:38 AM
they can paint the cars pick as long as they keep paying us top $$$ like they have been.

11-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Contribute 10% get 80% after 25 years but you can buy down 5 years and leave after 20 or go into the DROP and still only hang around for 25. OT is counted toward final calculation as is the first $10,000 of details. It works out to 91% of your pay if you work details.

Not bad... We contribute 7%, and get 75% after 20 (with a 5 year drop), and can buy a total of 9 years now (4 years prior police/military, 5 years "air time") at actual actuarial cost. But, our overtime is limited to 150 hours max, and no details count towards retirement. Not a bad deal you guys got with yours, though...

11-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Wow, my department sucks.

11-21-2007, 12:30 AM
who says that you guys at hallandale have the best benifits. our pension is 80 % after 22 yrs and we have an 8 yr drop we also only put in 8.5% of our pay and we get 400hrs of OT towards our pension we also get paid medical when we retire and get a 3 % COLA every year when we retire. Oh ya and our IA is not out to screw us like yours is so again tell me how Hallandale is better.............. :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll:

11-21-2007, 12:37 AM
best cops in the U.S. Shall I go on?

Please tell me you are joking that Hallandale Cops are the best in the US. While some are are good cops you guys have some of the worst around that don't know s*it. And another point Two of your officers get fired for battery on a scum bag are found not Guilty in Under 20 min and they dont get there job back. But you department will hire 2 officers who where fired for battery from other departments does this make sense never mind it is Hallandale i would expect nothing less :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

11-22-2007, 09:50 PM
id go to hallandale anyday then again id go just about anywhere with a take home

11-23-2007, 04:17 PM
id go to hallandale anyday then again id go just about anywhere with a take home

Why do Hialeah cops continually post about take homes? They applied there. There were no take homes back then. There never was. Hialeah is a cess pool. Get out of there already.

11-24-2007, 03:53 PM
best cops in the U.S. Shall I go on?

Please tell me you are joking that Hallandale Cops are the best in the US. While some are are good cops you guys have some of the worst around that don't know s*it. And another point Two of your officers get fired for battery on a scum bag are found not Guilty in Under 20 min and they dont get there job back. But you department will hire 2 officers who where fired for battery from other departments does this make sense never mind it is Hallandale i would expect nothing less :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:Lets see, Companion, Courney, et al...... but we didn't hire the kids of your officers who did the same thing. Don't be a hater just go away and keep scamming your citizens.

11-24-2007, 08:54 PM
who says that you guys at hallandale have the best benifits. our pension is 80 % after 22 yrs and we have an 8 yr drop we also only put in 8.5% of our pay and we get 400hrs of OT towards our pension we also get paid medical when we retire and get a 3 % COLA every year when we retire. Oh ya and our IA is not out to screw us like yours is so again tell me how Hallandale is better.............. :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll:So who got screwed by IA, the two idiots that tased aguy 12 times in 4 minutes? fortunately for them they went to trial 3 days after a deputy was killed. No jury in the area was going to convict them. So why doesn't your department hire them. I heard the FBI created a few openings there.

11-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Why should we get Black and Whites? We have our own design. We are not a bunch of sheep following along with other agencies. We are unique and proud of our department and don't want to be mistaken for others.

Seems to me like Hallman is a Magill boy, following him blindly like sheep...

11-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Magill get black and whites? Pshhhhhh. Everything has to be done backwards in Hallandale thats what makes Hallandale, Hallandale. Why is not following a trend backwards? Like your mommy asked you"just because everyone jumps off a bridge, does that mean you have to also?" Besides who says we are backwards. Second agency in the county to issue tasers, first one to issue rifles, best pension in the state, best cops in the U.S. Shall I go on?

I guess Huh? is a "hallman" also?? disgusting

11-27-2007, 07:58 AM

Seems to me like Hallman is a Magill boy, following him blindly like sheep...

Hey, it might only work downstairs now. But it's post like that, that will one day get him a swipe card that opens those doors on the second floor as well.

Just make sure you replace those knee pads before hand though.

11-27-2007, 11:33 PM
I heard BSO was taking over Hallandale..

11-28-2007, 12:53 AM
I had the opportunity to work with the Hallandale guys and was very impressed. I have to say that all the PDs in the southeast corner of Broward are very good. Hollywood, Hallandale, Pines, and of course, BSO. Regarding Miramar, who knows.

11-30-2007, 04:25 AM
...southeast corner of Broward....Regarding Miramar, who knows.

Miramar, east? Ok.

Remind me never to ask you for directions.

11-30-2007, 07:41 PM

That rumor has been going around for years. It would be a gift from god himself if it were to happen. Our city residents on the east side, the city manager and the city commissioners like a chief who wil cater to thier every need and take care of them. They will not get that type of service with BSO.

12-02-2007, 03:39 AM

That rumor has been going around for years. It would be a gift from god himself if it were to happen. Our city residents on the east side, the city manager and the city commissioners like a chief who wil cater to thier every need and take care of them. They will not get that type of service with BSO.

Obviously you do not know BSO very well. :D

12-03-2007, 06:22 PM

That rumor has been going around for years. It would be a gift from god himself if it were to happen. Our city residents on the east side, the city manager and the city commissioners like a chief who wil cater to thier every need and take care of them. They will not get that type of service with BSO.Of course that is what they want. Who do you think pays his and YOUR salary genious!

12-04-2007, 05:12 AM
I think we should have a fundraiser and put the Chief of Hollywood and Magill in a dunk tank.....

12-11-2007, 08:42 PM

That rumor has been going around for years. It would be a gift from god himself if it were to happen. Our city residents on the east side, the city manager and the city commissioners like a chief who wil cater to thier every need and take care of them. They will not get that type of service with BSO.Of course that is what they want. Who do you think pays his and YOUR salary genious!

The citizens and business owners who pay property taxes pay us, tard. Without them there is no revenue. The city manager and the city commission decide how much we receive. We should not have to cater to their every need just to receive better pay. What other department has their officers or CSA transport city commission members home when they are to drunk to driver after the police Christmas party?

12-11-2007, 09:16 PM

The citizens and business owners who pay property taxes pay us, tard. Without them there is no revenue. The city manager and the city commission decide how much we receive. We should not have to cater to their every need just to receive better pay. What other department has their officers or CSA transport city commission members home when they are to drunk to driver after the police Christmas party?Are the commissioners in your city not residents? They hire the manager who hires the chief who hires you, it's called chain of command. The concepts been around for while thought you would have heard of it. Of course you stroke them to get better pay what do you think PBA endorsements are. By the way you would be surprised what other city do to cater to their city leaders.

12-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Is it true you guys have to write a report for EVERYTHING, even if it was NOTHING or unfounded?...Also is it true you have to get permission to arrest somebody from a Delta unit?.

12-22-2007, 11:34 PM
A Raider...that is absolutely not true. Officers do not need permission from a Delta unit to make an arrest. We also do not have to write reports on unfounded incidents. If you are receiving this info from a HBPD officer...they are providing you with false information.