PDA

View Full Version : Bucking the Trend

11-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Another murder in the city. I am glad we are "bucking the trend" in reducing violent crimes.

Copper
11-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Chief: *cough*except for murder*cough*

11-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Since we don't have enough officers left to do the job we are getting rid of all zones and reducing the minimum to 1 guy per district. That way we will always have enough people to cover each zone. Maybe all the chiefs and majors can strap on the bag and get out there and answer some calls. They seem to think they can do it better anyway.

11-15-2007, 04:53 AM
We'll I think that everything has to be put into perspective. If all the citizens keep killing eachother crime eventually will go down by attrition.

Infact, I think that is what the master plan seems to be, just look at the city's stand point on crime overall, "Crime is down." This is because all of the violent offenders are being killed off. Its a kind of social Darwinism, if you will. If all the people that commit the crimes are dead then there are no more people to commit crimes. Therefore, in the grand scheme of things, there is no reason to hire and retain quality officers or to grant us a fair and equitable contract because all of the "violent offenders" will soon be elimiated by all of the murderous sociopaths that walk the streets.

Then once the violent offenders are all eliminated the sociopaths will turn on eachother and kill themselves off until, "there can be only one," like in Highlander. Or like in Mad Max: Beyond Thunder Dome: "Two man enter, one man leave." - "Bust a deal and face the wheel." Thus eliminating the need for a police force because there will be no crime in the city of Fort Lauderdale because all that will be left is this one guy. How hard is he going to be to find. Just follow the bodies.

After that guy is gone. No more crime. No need for a budget draining police force and the city can hire more consultants to consult the consultants needed to create an office to assist the office of professional standards and hire a deputy director of an office yet to be established. They can then use the $3.5 million allocated for camera cars for a one stall New River Taxi Toilet Barge with a 5 minute door timer on it, and it allows 1 sheet of toilet paper at a time, but it costs $15.00 to use.

I'm just kicking myself for not seeing this earlier. Gretsas is a genius. For those of you that can't see the logic, I mean, come on. It's been right there the whole time. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!! :roll:

11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Chief: *cough*except for murder*cough*

There are plenty of ways to erase dots... You can cram a dozen car burglaries into one report. When the victim does not want to prosecute, you can turn those felonies into information reports. It's much harder to make bodies go away. Well, unless you're in Baltimore. But I like to think we're not to the point where city hall will have us turn homicides into "suicides" or "suspicious deaths." Not yet...

Copper
11-15-2007, 10:02 PM
You may have spoke too soon, did you see the latest article? LOL :lol:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 4440.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-1115chasedead,0,6504440.story)

11-15-2007, 11:58 PM

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 4440.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-1115chasedead,0,6504440.story)

B'lieve me, Copper, I'd love to have more ammo against the city. I'm just not about to believe there's anything cloak & dagger about this one. Fortunately, I heard that call on the air, and it sounds like your garden-variety S-32. Maybe he meant to go 32-by-cop, but it sounds like he had the stones to do it himself. I really doubt that this is a Signal-5, I mean, c'mon.

We're not B-more yet. Anecdotal Baltimore case: A man is found in a car with a contact wound in the head. No gun on scene. S-32. Case closed exceptionally. (I guess the gun was stolen by a passer-by...)

11-16-2007, 12:04 AM

B'lieve me, Copper, I'd love to have more ammo against the city. I'm just not about to believe there's anything cloak & dagger about this one. Fortunately, I heard that call on the air, and it sounds like your garden-variety S-32. Maybe he meant to go 32-by-cop, but it sounds like he had the stones to do it himself. I really doubt that this is a Signal-5, I mean, c'mon.

We're not B-more yet. Anecdotal Baltimore case: A man is found in a car with a contact wound in the head. No gun on scene. S-32. Case closed exceptionally. (I guess the gun was stolen by a passer-by...)

He was joking dude!

Copper
11-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Wow...I guess my sense of sarcasm doesn't translate through a typed message.... :wink:

11-16-2007, 02:51 AM
Wow...I guess my sense of sarcasm doesn't translate through a typed message.... :wink:

Crap... Maybe I shoulda registered so I could retract my posts.

"And you wanna be my latex salesman?"

Copper
11-16-2007, 05:11 AM
You can't retract or go back and edit previous posts as a registered user either....one thing this board is sorely lacking.

11-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Who cares about Homicides, we get two for one with those!

It is the Robberies that are crippling the city. Check out the daily Bureau Summaries and you'll see that the rising number of them are all done with a gun.

That could be your wife, child, or family member robbed at gunpoint in Ft. Lauderdale. And what do we, FLPD, do about it? Just about nothing because why address it when the numbers are reduced inhouse before public release, and we are handcuffed by the very public we are supposed to protect. Action Plans, as we know, solve every crime on paper anyway.

It is a joke what is going on. Hollywood's article about crime on the rise is going to be a national problem as all the PD's cannot do enforcement anymore as we are crippled by lawyers & liability, politicians, a liberal public, media, and the very worst of all of them: bad management!

In the case of politicians and bad management, we seem to be leading the way!

11-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Hollywood, right from getgo, shifting 20 Officers back to road and reducing Command Staff!

FLPD, years later, shifts Officers out of patrol to rediculous goof ball units, and leaves Patrol undermanned. Command Staff has grown over the last few years, less Sergeants who really do the work, more Lt.s, Captains, XO's, and ghost positions (people who swore an oath to be cops but instead take positions that to anything but!).

Solution: Any person not doing positions as a LEO should be put back in patrol, what they were hired for, and shrink command staff!

11-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Who cares about Homicides, we get two for one with those!

It is the Robberies that are crippling the city. Check out the daily Bureau Summaries and you'll see that the rising number of them are all done with a gun...
I'm with you on the robberies. The point I was trying to make about homicides is that they comprise the one statistic that cannot be fudged. At least not as easily as a "rash" of burglaries or robberies. You're right, though: Robberies hurt this city's #1 industry -- tourism. And if they're underreported, that leads to an inadequate response by the PD. (of course, what would our response be, action plans?) How does this help anyone but management?

That leads me to another question: If tourists don't hear about the crime in Ft. Lauderdale, will they be less likely to be victimized? I believe it's the opposite.

11-16-2007, 08:14 PM
I've saidi it before and I will say it again. We need to notify the national travel agencies and warn them of the dismal problems in this city.

Barak
11-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Hollywood, right from getgo, shifting 20 Officers back to road and reducing Command Staff!

FLPD, years later, shifts Officers out of patrol to rediculous goof ball units, and leaves Patrol undermanned. Command Staff has grown over the last few years, less Sergeants who really do the work, more Lt.s, Captains, XO's, and ghost positions (people who swore an oath to be cops but instead take positions that to anything but!).

Solution: Any person not doing positions as a LEO should be put back in patrol, what they were hired for, and shrink command staff!

Finally someone makes a reasonable suggestion! You're absolutely correct.- the PD is top heavy w/too many XO's, captains & lieutenants; but most of that was done to satisfy the Safir Rosetti report which the chief considered as a Bible in order to appease GeorgeG. We could reduce command staff tomorrow if we wanted or, at the least, appropriately allocate some of the command staff so the sergeants could be doing what sergeants should be doing- supervising, training, monitoring, guiding and counseling, instead of so much usleess administrative work.

11-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Barak do us all a favor and take a deep breath and squeeze and see if you can pop your head out of your ass. You think a majority of us are like you? You have got to be kidding. We are all disheartened about the current state of this department. Our department. The problme is that we no longer have a say in how we do police work. There are many cops here that are better than you at this job Barak and they too are suffering from watching the plaxce we love go down the crapper. Your suggestion to just suck it up is pointless. You talk of champions but then suggest that we fight only so much then lay down and give up and accept what we get. I say a champion never gives up in a fight. If what we are doing now doesn't work then we step it up and fight harder and dirtier. It isn't a sparring match it is a war til the death and we need to strike the city where it hurts them worst.

Barak
11-17-2007, 12:42 AM
you my friend obviously have not really read a word I wrote

11-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Barak,
You forgot snooping, spying, meddling, blathering, screwing up calls, issuing bogus counseling slips, and being complete morons, to the list of Sgt's responsabilities. :lol:

On the other hand, I do, for the first time, agree with your post.
And to the Sgt's...you know I love ya!! :wink:

---Cake is better with frosting.---