PDA

View Full Version : school board pd

11-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Why is it that school board police officers do not get the same respect as a city or county police officer. School board police officer go through the same training as any other police officers. Why is it that citizens don't think school board cops can do anything. I spoke to a Metro cop who told me that some county officers don't respect them as well. The sad thing is that some of these school cops know more than the county officers.
I was just wondering what the difference is because to me a cop is a cop and we all should look out for each other.

11-13-2007, 09:17 PM
School Board only has jurisdiction within 1000 feet from a public school and they can pick up juveniles who are truant. They are the truant officer. The department is a joke run by mediocre command staff.

They used to be called the school board security because that is what they are considered Security Guards.

So if you want to come work for a real police department, come join the MDPD.

11-14-2007, 03:00 AM
Yes, in a real world, we should all have each others back, but the reality is that police work and police officers in general are some of the biggest prostitutes, and biatches roaming the earth. No one group should be more powerful than ours, but unfortunately the only time we can come together is at a police officers funeral, and when someone should fall in disgrace, we mock. Much has been said about our SWAT team, and whether they are not as trained or don't have all the equipment, I will tell you this, not one of them would hesitate on an entry to save a life, that could be your daughters or sons, or spouses, I am proud to have them, So sad...

11-14-2007, 04:21 AM
OKAY SGT. MANNY,WE HEAR YOU BUT DONT LOSE YOUR MARSHMELLOW SHOES OR WE WONT BE ABLE TO FIND YOU AT THE CRIME SCENES,L.O.L.

11-14-2007, 09:41 PM
:evil: Listen, the only way to really know someone or something is through experience. Obviously, someone who hasn't done my job is in no position to comment on it.
The fact is, we have many more similarities than differences. WE ARE ALL COPS, last time I checked. The responsibilities are the same. The expectations are high. The pay is not. MDPD, for one, has been enriched time and time again by School Board cops who get hired and instantly contribute.
You know why?
Because every MDSP officer is walking around with a HUGE chip on his/her shoulder. Most of us feel that we have something to prove to the community, to other departments, to our colleagues, and to ourselves. So we have become major overachievers. We take no shit. We arrest. We fight. We learn everything we can about the profession. We bust our asses working extra-duty and gobble up all the OT we can get. We ain't soft. Think it's easy? Take a signal at an inner-city public school, say, Central Senior, Carol City Senior, or Homestead. Get there at 0700 HRS and deal with the local shitheads, keeping them away from your school through 39ing and other means. And then, go back the next day. And the next. Try to maintain peace in the community and at the schools. They know your name. It ain't about responding, leaving a case card, and hauling ass. You will have to prove yourself, up close and personal, to get the respect of the badasses, especially the juveniles. You are often alone. You don't have the luxury of responding with two 15s to back you up all the time. You've got little help or understanding from your administration, the school's administration, or the State Attorney's Office. It's nothing short of a miracle one of us hasn't been killed on duty.
You get an incident. You do the initial report, the initial investigation, the follow-ups, you make the arrest, you transport.
And by the way, when the MDPD or other PDs get on the air to request me to 15 re: truants, we usually just give you guys the Heisman. The only reason I will ever respond to that shit is to lend a hand because it may come back to me someday.
You know why?
Because that shit ain't our responsibility. No offense, but it just isn't. Babysit your own truants. I don't have the time, kiddo.
But we all know how this song ends. MDSP will continue to catch shit from other POs, our officers will continue to be underpaid and underappreciated members of the police brotherhood, and many of us will jump ship to join MDPD and other departments and improve those agencies overnight.
I don't need anybody's respect. When I hear nasty stuff about our department, I just smile, joke about it, and move on. It's totally meaningless, because it won't pay my bills. I just thought I'd say something, if nothing else, to educate a few people.
I know I'm probably making a mistake by posting. Some of you may know who I am. But if the people reading this really are COPS and not a bunch of punk-ass haters, then they'll understand what I mean. Be safe :!:

11-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Well said.

11-15-2007, 10:10 PM
I think it is amazing that other police officers can be so callous towards fellow police officers. I understand how someone, who is not a PO, can look at MDSP and think "HaHaHa, campus security", because I was one of those people. Then I met one MDSP's best POs. Through him I was able to see that MDSP is not only one of the best PDs, it is one the most necessary. Yes, some of the areas that they work are not very exciting, however the same can be said for MDPDs Doral POs. But I have gotten a first hand look at some of the stuff that MDSP POs go through and it was truly eye opening. They have a lot more going on than Doral PD. Their lives are put into danger just as often as any PO I have met. And as far as their SWAT...they are the only SWAT team I know of in Miami who are called upon to demonstrate their skills because they are one of the best. Give them some respect because when its your son, daughter, niece, nephew, spouse, ect... that is in that school with an active shooter, it will be MDSP that will going in to save their lives, and I cannot think of anyone more qualified to do the job.

11-16-2007, 01:07 AM
Ummmm okay...when did you see MDSP SWAT called upon to do anything?! Manny, quit while you are ahead. You and that Commander buddy of yours need to just be honest with yourselves. And if you are saying that SWAT is what is going to save people's ass in an active shooter call, then you have NO IDEA whatan actual active shooter response is...moron!

12-01-2007, 10:09 PM
School Board only has jurisdiction within 1000 feet from a public school and they can pick up juveniles who are truant. They are the truant officer. The department is a joke run by mediocre command staff.

They used to be called the school board security because that is what they are considered Security Guards.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a cop with a local jurisdiction, and I can tell you guys at School Board police that we espect you more than these brown-gowned a88holes like the one that wrote the above post. When you sheriffs become real cops, then you can brag.

12-01-2007, 10:43 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a cop with a local jurisdiction, and I can tell you guys at School Board police that we respect you more than these brown-gowned a88holes like the one that wrote the above post. When you sheriffs become real cops, then you can brag.

I also work for a neighboring jurisdiction, and I agree with you[ the County ain't sh*t!!!!!!!!! They need to be real cops!!!!!!!:evil:

12-02-2007, 03:33 AM
Listen, stop bashing the County! They do a great job in Aventura...no wait, they lost Aventura. I mean they do a bang-up job in Miami Gardens! Oops, brain faart, they lost MG also. What I meant to say was that they take care of the citizens of Pinecrest and .....

You know what, just forget it. Maybe they do suuck.

12-07-2007, 03:08 AM
Listen, stop bashing the County! They do a great job in Aventura...no wait, they lost Aventura. I mean they do a bang-up job in Miami Gardens! Oops, brain faart, they lost MG also. What I meant to say was that they take care of the citizens of Pinecrest and .....

Listen you moron just because we didn't pick you up, don't come here and talk shizzat about the county. When you morons from School Board become real cops, then come and talk to me. Wow what a joke you guys are. I have more respect for Aventura, Sunny Isles and etc Po's, then you morons that think your a real cops. You guys are a JOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :twisted:

12-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Hey FUUCK Nut, this is our FUUUCKING section not yours, post that garbage to your own section of leo-affairs. Quite frankly, the garbage you write isnt worth the toilet paper I wipe my aaasss with, BROWN FUUCKING Clown!!!

12-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Hey FUUCK Nut, this is our FUUUCKING section not yours, post that garbage to your own section of leo-affairs. Quite frankly, the garbage you write isnt worth the toilet paper I wipe my aaasss with, BROWN FUUCKING Clown!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!! and don't you forget that!

12-31-2007, 07:11 PM
OHH NO HE DIDN'T!

12-31-2007, 09:25 PM
The truth of the matter is that you were not needed, but created for political reasons.
Schools use to have SROs from the jurisdiction that the particulpar school happened to be in.
These SROs were REAL COPS and did not answer to the school principal.
They reported ALL crimes that occurred in that school accurately and timely.
Well, this did not set well with the School Board that wanted to control what was reported, after all, having a bunch of reported crime does not make that school (principal) or the board look good.
Lets see, how can we control the crime statistics in the schools?
Well, Hell, we will make our own police force and we can control them.
After all, we are an independant political body, we even have people on this board with fake PHds and no one has ever done anything about it.
OK now, we will let you carry guns and play cops, but you have to listen to that Principal and do what he/she tells you.

That my friends is how you came about.
Now go out there and arrest another reporter out on the public sidewalk.

01-01-2008, 10:17 PM
That makes no sense. You have never worked in schools before that is obvious. First of all some and most Principals are always wanting to arrest (not that it matters), and the majority are pro police. You have to understand we all have to work together to get the job done. Being in a school is like serving a specific community, you deal with the same people every day! We work with the principal like other Officers might work with a city/town/county commision. Also nobody answers to the Principal, but you respect him and what he does, it is their school. And if you actually think a "school cop" is inferior to all other cops, you have serious issues. But with that said, I would still help you if you were in distrtess...........

01-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Point well taken
I have been around for over 35 years and was part of the original SRO program and remember vividly what politics brought about the formation of your department.
You do right by sticking up for your department although you may not be aware of the history behind it. Things do change.
I too will go in harms way to protect you brother
have a safe and prosperous 2008.

01-04-2008, 02:07 AM

Listen you moron just because we didn't pick you up, don't come here and talk shizzat about the county. When you morons from School Board become real cops, then come and talk to me. Wow what a joke you guys are. I have more respect for Aventura, Sunny Isles and etc Po's, then you morons that think your a real cops. You guys are a JOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :twisted:

Mr. Brown Gown, of course you respect Aventura, Sunny Isles and the other Departments; you may soon be looking for work there if the County continues to lose ground to new police departments. Miami-Dade PD may wind up being smaller than ours. Let's see, Key Biscayne, Sunny Isles, Aventura, Miami Gardens, Doral... Who else? Palmetto Bay, Cutler Bay...Hmmmmmmm. :evil:

01-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Why is it that school board police officers do not get the same respect as a city or county police officer. School board police officer go through the same training as any other police officers. Why is it that citizens don't think school board cops can do anything. I spoke to a Metro cop who told me that some county officers don't respect them as well. The sad thing is that some of these school cops know more than the county officers.
I was just wondering what the difference is because to me a cop is a cop and we all should look out for each other.

Its the same in Palm Beach. People ask the school cops if they can make a report with them or do they need to call "The Real Police." I gave a driver a ticket; said driver then asked a crossing guard if I was allowed to issue citations. She told me that she told him "It says 'POLICE'. so I imagine so." I went a Denny's for lunch and they had a line, so a city cop waved me to join him. When we left, he paid a little over $5 for his meal. I was next in line and handed the cashier $6. She then looked at my shoulder patch and told me $11 something, then added that they give a discount only to police officers. The city cop was greatly imbarassed and offered to pick up my tab. I told him thank you for the offer, but I paid it.

01-06-2008, 08:48 PM
You are a better person than me, why did'nt you give her a ticket? :P

01-06-2008, 11:10 PM
You are a better person than me, why did'nt you give her a ticket? :P

The one who asked the crossing guard did get the ticket.

The cashier @ Denny's simply typifies the general opinion of people toward school police. I was the SRO Sgt @ my retiring dept before I joined PB Schools. The attitudes of people are totally different despite wearing the same color uniform and doing the same job.