PDA

View Full Version : I'm interested in working with you, how do you feel about

11-11-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm interested in working with you, how do you feel about your neighboring City of Lauderhill officers? Some of us are definitely interested in joining the City of Sunrise? How many years of experience does your agency prefer for certified applicants? Who can we directly contact for further inquires? I would truly appreciate your responds.

Thank You!

11-12-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm interested in working with you, how do you feel about your neighboring City of Lauderhill officers? Some of us are definitely interested in joining the City of Sunrise? How many years of experience does your agency prefer for certified applicants? Who can we directly contact for further inquires? I would truly appreciate your responds.

Thank You!

Why would someone want to know about neighboring officers ? Sounds like this person is a Lauderhill officer interested in working for Sunrise or a lauderhill OFC. that wants to hear about how his neighboring cities officers think about his organization. Lauderhill is probably one of the toughest cities to work for in Broward County. It is comparable to City of Miami or Hialeah. You guys are underpaid and over worked. The clientele you have to deal wtih day in and day out is enough to make someone want to quit. Considering that you guys haven't gotten many quality applicants in the last few years doesnt help much. Seeing that three of your officers went to Davie and all of them got fired, one didn't make it off FTO doesnt speak highly of you guys either. Get out of there while you can !

11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
WOW, this 2nd poster is very observant, maybe he should become a detective. Considering that the 1st poster says they are interested in joining the City of Sunrise. They even ask how much experience is needed and who to contact directly. Wow, very observant there Sunrise, keep up the good work! Lh unit, you should probably stay where you are, you seem to be leaps and bounds ahead of this guy already!!!!

11-12-2007, 10:29 PM
first poster doesn't say he's from lauderhill

11-13-2007, 03:32 PM
There are plenty of Walgreens in the city of Sunrise, might want to stop by and grab a new pair of glasses then re-read the 1st post, its plenty clear. Says "some of us are def interested in joining" and 2nd poster even acknowledges that it seems to be a Lauderhill officer that wants to come over. DUH! Guess they have lowered the standards for Sunrise these days huh?

11-13-2007, 04:10 PM
HEY PISS HEAD, YOU MIGHT THINK THEY LOWERD OUR STANDARDS BUT NOT OUR PAY! YOU IDIOT, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MAKING A STUPID POST LIKE THAT! "GO TO WALGREENS AND GET GLASSES" BLAH BLAH BLAH. OK, WE WELL KEEP OUR STANDARDS AND OUR PAY CHECKS!

11-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Next time PISS HEAD, proof read your posts before you submit them, you just re-enforced what I was saying! The last line makes no sense! Glad my Sunrise tax dollars are going to good use. So sad, its actually funny!

11-14-2007, 12:35 AM
I don't understand, I thought it made perfect sense to me. I think what the other guy was trying to say is that you are a retard and you need to move to Lauderhill where I am sure the Police service is so much better. However, I think he was wrong calling you a "PISS HEAD", you are definitely a D***HEAD.

11-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Its so funny that no one can say anything about what the idiot actually wrote, they just TRY to insult me for pointing out that what the idiot wrote makes no sense. I dont live in LH but I know their police services arent much better than Sunrise. However at least their units dont seem to be as stupid. Its so funny that you all fall for this stuff everytime. SUCKERS.

11-14-2007, 06:18 PM
O.K! Do you fell better? We are all so glad thay you made your point. There is so much knowledge that you have in that little brain of yours. Now go and play nicely with the other children.

11-15-2007, 01:02 AM
But its so much fun here in the land of the mental midgets.......

11-15-2007, 12:02 PM
so does that pretty much anwser your question poster? haha

11-28-2007, 08:11 PM

Thank You!

Apparently any officer with an ounce of class did not get to respond to your inquiry. I am not a Sunrise cop but do live in Sunrise and am a cop elsewhere.
To clear the air, yes I read leoaffairs as many officers do and I read neighboring city posts.... I will post my comments when I feel the desire and no, I will not go back to my forum and stay off yours..... deal with it.
Lauderhill, you have gained more experience in 1 yr than many of these Sunrise guys see in 5... take your knowledge and apply it where you wish, dont stereotype the whole dept because of what this knucklehead writes... I am sure the entire dept does not share his/her lack of tact.

12-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Sunrise is always looking for good officers, it doesn't matter where you are from. Ocassionally a knucklehead slips by, happens to the best And sometimes we're lucky and that knucklehead quits and goes to work for another agency................... :D
Good Luck and stay safe

Not an officer

01-15-2008, 05:28 AM
There is all this talk about pay checks but your PD web site doesnt post what starting or top out is. Can someone please post it so I can be jealous.

06-24-2008, 03:22 AM

Thank You!

Why would someone want to know about neighboring officers ? Sounds like this person is a Lauderhill officer interested in working for Sunrise or a lauderhill OFC. that wants to hear about how his neighboring cities officers think about his organization. Lauderhill is probably one of the toughest cities to work for in Broward County. It is comparable to City of Miami or Hialeah. You guys are underpaid and over worked. The clientele you have to deal wtih day in and day out is enough to make someone want to quit. Considering that you guys haven't gotten many quality applicants in the last few years doesnt help much. Seeing that three of your officers went to Davie and all of them got fired, one didn't make it off FTO doesnt speak highly of you guys either. Get out of there while you can !

I know i'm kinda late with this response but I was checking out your fourm when I came across this topic.

I welcome crap talking but at least know the facts before you do it. First of all, that LH Officer that went to Davie was one of our first hires back in 94 and was truly and box of rocks. He was useless to us and got canned by davie weeks after being hired. Thats it. No one else has left LH to go to Davie PD. Not three like you mentioned.

Second, we recently lost 14 guys to BSO and all but 2 are off of the road and are doing great. Most became detectives and sergeants and the others are in speciality units.

Yea, just like every department, we have our morons but we also have extreme talent.

I didn't come into your fourm to brag but I felt that I needed to defend my guys at LH. Our guys bust their butts everyday with no complaints. I think our two agencies work well together and I would like to see that continue.

Once again, sorry for trespassing on your thread. You guys/gals stay safe.

07-02-2008, 11:40 AM
starting is around 52 and change. Top out is arround 80. That is base pay, plus night differential, longevity, holiday pay and tons of details. For Sgts. top out is around 95.

07-03-2008, 12:32 AM
A Lauderhill cop backed me up on a 50 while on the strip. He was very professional and helpful. I constantly see Lauderhill guys backing us up. Never had a problem with them.

07-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey buddy, go work somewhere else. Unless you enjoy kiss fat ass, you will be a patrol officer for life. :twisted: