PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with the SWAT Team?

11-11-2007, 10:31 PM
What is happening with the departments SWAT team? Why cant they fill the open spaces and why did a group of officers, two sergeants and a lieutenant quit?

11-12-2007, 06:45 AM
The guys are great the brass sucks.

11-12-2007, 12:12 PM
who

11-12-2007, 10:05 PM
the head honcho of SWAT you mean???

11-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I can only speak for myself, but in my SWAT experience, past practice has allowed those who were "in" with the head honchos (former SGT's, current LT's, Captains past & present) special treatment. It was not a "team" thing only a selected few thing. "Command" changed several times in the past 3 years or so, and everyone brought their own attitude, ideas, and mindset to the team that ruffed up some feathers. No one knew who was really in charge. Was it the "command staff representative" or Lt. EY or the other Lt's that shared responsibility. There needs to be a clear distinction of command on the team. Someone with the balls to make all the decisions on the admin, training, and operations side. Former Capt. JT (current UMPD) was one of those all around types that could talk the good talk, walk the walk, and tell you to F*** off when needed. He was in charge, he was respected. Everyone else since then has been in a power struggle. Some members need to reevaluate why they are still there. Some even need to think why they think they are in charge (no rank or title needed for that one). I left when I didn't enjoy my time anymore. We were a tight knit group of professionals. When we became "a bunch of comedians" it was time to go.

11-16-2007, 04:48 PM
ricky, sounds like you might want to take over!

11-17-2007, 04:34 AM
ricky, sounds like you might want to take over!

Right on!

11-17-2007, 05:18 AM
who is the COMMANDER now?

11-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Ummmm do you REALLY care? Really? You don't think we have figured out who is posting all this crap about a "team" that nobody really cares about except for those that are on it, or those who forced out? Instead of dumping money into a team of premodonnas, we should really think about putting that money into better preparing the actual first responders. How about computers in every car? How about automated tickets for EVERY officer? Better cars?

11-17-2007, 08:53 PM
The MBPD is about 20 years behind in Police Technology.

I use to get worked up about it. Now I just want to make as much money as I can and retire a rich man. When MBPD is ready to get with the times, I' ll put my Robocop hat back on.

Thanks to a certain Assistant Chief that everyone likes to call an outsider, we have Tazers.