PDA

View Full Version : The Race is on!!!!!!!!

11-11-2007, 07:36 PM
INDAILY | Vol. 7, No. 44, November 1, 2007

News: Santa Rosa Races to Watch

by Duwayne Escobedo
With elections only a year away, two races in Santa Rosa County that are heating up and much watched are the sheriff's and school superintendent's races.
The sheriff's race pits two-term incumbent Wendell Hall against challengers Robert Randle, a Gulf Breeze's deputy police chief and Jeff Van Camp, a 23-year veteran with the Escambia County Sheriff's Office.

The Santa Rosa County School District Superintendent's race is currently between Pace High School assistant principal Herb Cannon and the school district's assistant superintendent of curriculum Timothy Wyros****.

If third quarter finance reports are any indication in the sheriff's race, Hall has his hands full. Hall collected $2,800 between July 1 and Sept. 30 and has $6,700 total in his campaign.

Hall is losing the funding race, so far, to Randle, who collected $16,050 after announcing his campaign Aug. 23. Randle's funding so far comes mostly from Gulf Breeze residents and business leaders.

Meanwhile, Van Camp collected $12,141 total in the third quarter, including $9,741 in cash and checks. Van Camp, who announced his campaign in February, has $22,443 total.

In the superintendent's race, Cannon and Wyros**** are running for the seat after Johnny Rogers announced in August his retirement when his term ends.

Cannon and Wyros**** are running neck-and-neck for campaign funds. Cannon raised $1,375 total and Wyros**** took in $1,630 total.

Stay tuned.

11-12-2007, 12:11 AM
HO freakin' HUM

11-15-2007, 01:21 AM
Political races are as much a beauty contest as anything. Our Sheriff is the most photogenic candidate. My money is on Hall. Remember where you heard it first! 8)

11-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Remember too that Hall has not even begun to raise money. He has his hands full of the Governor Christ betrayal of law enforcement. And Van Camp i would hope would be smart enough NOT TO SLING MUD with what is in his background. Van Camp is a nice guy but when you have ON RECORD several sexual harassment investigations and cheating on the sergeant's exam at ECSO and this is ON RECORD for the public or news to get then don't sling mud. He needs to run his campaign on the basis of his qualifications and what he's going to do for SRC and leave the mud in the middle of the road where it belongs.

11-21-2007, 10:12 AM
So what you're saying, previous guest, is that Jeff shouldn't sling mud against Wendall like you just slung on Jeff?

I don't work or live there, so i don't have a dog in this fight, but I've worked with both of them. It wouldn't take much digging to find Wendall's skeletons. I was shocked that some didn't come out when he was first elected. I'll be even more shocked if they don't come out this time.

11-21-2007, 03:45 PM
who slung first my good man?

11-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Remember too that Hall has not even begun to raise money. He has his hands full of the Governor Christ betrayal of law enforcement. And Van Camp i would hope would be smart enough NOT TO SLING MUD with what is in his background. Van Camp is a nice guy but when you have ON RECORD several sexual harassment investigations and cheating on the sergeant's exam at ECSO and this is ON RECORD for the public or news to get then don't sling mud. He needs to run his campaign on the basis of his qualifications and what he's going to do for SRC and leave the mud in the middle of the road where it belongs.
Don't sling mud without the facts! An investigation was made on allegations only, nothing was found to be true so don't go making things up to make Van Camp look bad!

11-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Look guy. I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about as usual. If you want to push it someone can call the independent news and give them a copy of it. but let's let it drop. jeff is a nice guy and he shouldn't have made the statement to the independent news in the first edition of the "buzz" about Hall. Let it drop. Don't make anyone prove what they KNOW and can PROVE to be true. this is SRC and in the midst of every fundamental church in the area. allegations of such things that we WON'T repeat would be damaging to him. don't push it. let the candidates compete on their own platforms. DROP IT! Escambia is full of people that have already requested and obtain copies of what you're not aware of. The Independent News would love a mud slinging debate. the more dirt the better but why don't we keep our eye on the ball and let them battle their platforms and not give anyone any more ammunition! Or is it you that wants to sling the mud!

11-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Dang... just drop it? Ha! It's just starting to get warmed up. To suggest that anyone in this area would stop talking about any kind of rumor, innuendo, truth, or not, is ridiculous. I would bet that anyone with 20+ years in law enforcement has a skeleton or two somewhere, that he's trying to keep hidden. Unfortunately, some of the skeletons aren't hidden at all and have been well known in certain circles for a while now... The challenge is to prove such things so they can't be disputed.

It's rumored that Wendell likes to drink a lot (remember the good ol' boat crash a few years ago) and that he used to be a bit too close to a young lady...

It's rumored that Van Camp cheated on a Sgt's test and has some sexual harassment complaints against him... not to mention he hasn't made any kind of rank in 20+ years...

Randle has got to have something out there, I'm just not sure what yet (please fill me in if you find out)...

The point being, they're all rumors right now until someone steps forward with cold, hard facts. Should we stop talking about it? Hell no. The character of the Sheriff is important. He or she represents the entire department and the employees should be proud of their leader, and the citizens should trust their Sheriff. Integrity and honesty is all you got. If you have a drunk, affair having, lying, cheating, harassing sheriff, then you aint got much, do ya?

And please, don't compare the SR sheriff to Escambia's Sheriff. The citizens in Escambia know he's a lying, cheating, law breaking, good ol' boy who gets away with everything... and they still vote him in office. Crazy.

There are many important factors that will decide this sheriffs race. The integrity of the candidate should be one of them. Their good looks, as someone posted earlier, shouldn't matter, unless you happen to like the rediculous look of a grown man in tights and a mask... ick.

Take the time to find out about the candidates. Call them, talk to them, ask other law enforcement professionals about them. Rumors are just that... go straight to the horse's mouth.

Wendell Hall: www.reelectsheriffhall.com (http://www.reelectsheriffhall.com)
http://reelectsheriffhall.com/Photos/sheriffhallsmalltiny.jpg

Robert Randle: www.randleforsheriff.com (http://www.randleforsheriff.com)
http://www.randleforsheriff.com/images/RobertPortrait.jpg

Jeff Van Camp: www.vancampforsheriff.org (http://www.vancampforsheriff.org)
http://www.vancampforsheriff.org/photos/lh1.jpg

11-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Well said Scared! Well said. Couldn't agree with you more!

11-25-2007, 04:37 PM
I just love that picture of Jeff... Yup, makes me think "Sheriff" when I see that. How professional.

01-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Looks like the good ole DUMB-AAAA-S have started in Santa Rosa ,they can't count ,they just love here say!!! Heck they all have the same ( GUEST , GUEST ect........)?????????

01-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Hum, most of the guests can spell tho.

01-10-2008, 11:01 AM
There is a perception problem here.
If you go back and read the Independent News articles, Van Camp never said anything about Hall.
Hall came out and started ranting and raving about mud slinging. None of the other candidates have said 2 words about him.
I work with Jeff and he hasn't said anything to any reporters about the current sheriff. As a matter of fact there was a followup letter to the Independent News countering Hall's ill-informed claims about mud-slinging.
Get the facts straight.

01-12-2008, 01:46 PM
This isn't the first time Wendell has been misinformed or did something based on perception. Some of his "people" report to him on a regular basis about deputies, other people about all kinds of stuff. If you say "I think so and so is agaisnt you" Wendell believes it to be the gospel.

01-12-2008, 04:05 PM
SR Deputy is right on. How many complaints on deputies that have came in and before the deputy is even asked the sheriff thinks he did it? What about the lat election where several deputies were banished because of a perception they were not supporting him? Last I heard registered voters could choose who they want. Wendell thinks we have to support him in order to keep our jobs. If his rats tell him we are for another candidate, true or not, he believes it to be fact and he'll put a bulls eye on your back. In that situation we must show our desire to retain him even if the truth is we don't. He would rather us lie to him and say "Oh Sheriff, so are such a great sheriff" than to be truthful and say your not a bad sheriff but your admin needs to be shown the door."

01-18-2008, 01:34 PM
SR Deputy is right on. How many complaints on deputies that have came in and before the deputy is even asked the sheriff thinks he did it? What about the lat election where several deputies were banished because of a perception they were not supporting him? Last I heard registered voters could choose who they want. Wendell thinks we have to support him in order to keep our jobs. If his rats tell him we are for another candidate, true or not, he believes it to be fact and he'll put a bulls eye on your back. In that situation we must show our desire to retain him even if the truth is we don't. He would rather us lie to him and say "Oh Sheriff, so are such a great sheriff" than to be truthful and say your not a bad sheriff but your admin needs to be shown the door."Hey just so you guys know, Randall ratted out two Escambia deputies to Ronnie Mac for speeding through Gulf Breeze while responding too an officer having trouble with a 10-15! I guess he's trying to get in good with the the "Mac Attack!" Politics make candidates do strange things to get elected......another "Rat" amongst us!

01-19-2008, 12:44 PM
A$$hole

DDG
01-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Just what we need, another Jerry Brown... all he wants to do is write tickets and get old people to drive cruisers acting like they are the "po-lice"..... we need a Sheriff for the "Troops"!!!

01-22-2008, 01:52 PM
I know Randle has a few issues. If he has a bone with you expect to get shanked. He should fit in with our admin just fine. They love witchhunts,

01-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey Guest of Yours:

Did you know the two deputies were responding from Pensacola Beach for this alleged help. Hmm nothing on the CAD indicating someone needed help. And if they did need help, I'm sure someone was alot closer than they were. Not to mention these particular responding deputies were in triple digits before they even got northbound on the bridge.

Its called Public Safety. What if someone pulled out in front of these two. Talk about liability issues. These two deputies were in the wrong and there was no need under the circumstances to be driving that fast.
If it was something it was a prisoner showing his #$%. This wasn't an officer needs help call. Get your facts straight and know the story before calling a rat.

01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey Respect, or lack thereof, we know who the rat is. Are you a rat too, Ratspect? Do you kiss @$$ and beg for more? Do you hold your breath while tossing the salads of the admin?

01-22-2008, 05:51 PM
hahaha oh my gosh you are so funny. Ratpect how original....

Sounds like I hit a nerve with you ratspect?

Maybe you are the guilty one?

DDG
01-22-2008, 09:41 PM
HEY RANDLE, NICE JOB OF DAMAGE CONTROL.... go write some tickets,or cry to your Daddy..RONNIE MAC.

Randle, the issue is OFFICER SAFTEY, ohhh that will hit a nerve.. cause all of you ADMIN PUKES forgot what that is.. we need a SHERIFF not a SHURF,... we need a man for the TROOPS and the CITIZENS, not some a$$ clown that lets old farts drive cruisers and RAT out deputies for speeding in order to assist an officer with a COMBATIVE prisoner..

WE NEED A SHERIFF WITH "BALLS" not some ADMIN PUKE THAT WILL BE A PRISION YARD SISSY... NUFF SAID.

01-23-2008, 01:38 PM
You beach boys are so pissy... You got caught doing wrong and now you're pissed. Pathetic. You call Randle a rat because you got caught... fine. But guys were wrong and you know it. If you're going to run that fast to something legit, turn on a light or two. That's what they're there for.

DDG
01-23-2008, 06:18 PM
i guess they were`nt "in the wrong". If they were "in the wrong" they would have been written up.... Beating a dead horse here.. the issue isnt about the speeding. The issue is about how Randle handled the situation...

DDG
01-23-2008, 08:12 PM
i stand corrected... they were verbally repremanded by their Sgt. When that wasnt good enough, Robert Randle contacted Cheif Smith and then they were written up....

01-24-2008, 04:50 AM
So how would you have handled this situation? I along with everyone else can't wait to hear this.

DDG
01-24-2008, 03:46 PM
If i was cheif smith (i would retire and enjoy the good life), i would have sent the complaint back to SGT. Greer and let him handle his men. if he felt that a documented verbal repremand was good enough, then i would stand by his decision. AND I WOULD GO BACK WORRING ABOUT REAL POLICE ISSUES LIKE MURDERS, ARMED ROBBERIES, RAPES AND CRACK ZOMBIES STEALING ANYTHING THAT ISNT TIED DOWN.

01-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Ha. I would tell my officers "you need to use better discretion, use your lights, etc etc." At least I could then say, if questioned, it was already handled. That is helping out the guys and gals that do this. Every call to the admin invites a knee jerk reaction. Ask the admin at Santa Rosa. If you call in and say "Deputy so-and-so was rude to me" but they dont specify, they rally up the witch hunt process of doing either a supervisor inquiry or IA without even asking the deputy what happend. It dont have to be a formal complaint. Repsect, go back to your analingus duties.

01-25-2008, 02:02 PM
hey DDG and Ratspect check out this site and maybe you will have sometype of understanding on Randle's decision.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_new ... yid=106532 (http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=106532)

DDG
01-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Randle needs to get the facts and butt out of things that have nothing to do with him, like the way other agencies deal with their employees....

Here is Welbornes Statment...

The deputies involved were dispatched to a fight at the Sandshaker bar. A suspect was arrested for battery for allegedly striking the victim numerous times, with a closed fist, in the head and face. As a result the victim suffered lacerations that needed medical attention. The suspect was a member of a bike gang from the Mid West and was wearing his colors at the time of his arrest. He also had a criminal history including violent offenses. Now I'm not sure what knowledge, if any, "Respect" or the officers with the Gulf Breeze police department have concerning bikers but they can be dangerous. Those of us actually experienced in real police work use due caution when dealing with these individuals.

While being transported to the county jail the suspect was able to maneuver his handcuffs from behind his back to his front. He then began kicking the window in an attempt to escape. At this time the transporting deputy called dispatch and requested assistance at the north end of the Three Mile Bridge. Let's recap for those that are mentally slower than the rest of us. Bikers can often be dangerous. The transporting deputy, and the two deputies that responded to assist him, could not be sure as to what this particular biker (suspect) was capable of. Bad things might just happen if the situation was not brought under control quickly. More often than not these bad things would be suffered by the suspect, but the deputies safety is paramount. The transporting deputy does not have a taser, pepper spray has been proven ineffective on intoxicated persons, and the only other option this deputy has is to go hands on if an escape occurs. The rapid response from the two other deputies prevented injury to the suspect or the transporting deputy.

Let's talk about the response. This incident occured on a Sunday evening at approx. 2200 hrs (That's 10 P.M. for the idiots out there that post silly crap on here.) Traffic was minimal on Hwy. 98 through the Town of Gulf Breeze and emergency (blue) lights were not activated for this reason. That, admittingly, may have been a mistake. The deputies agree that lights could have been used regardless of the traffic and have been reprimanded for not activating them. However, the responding deputies did not reach triple digit speeds (100 mph and 101 mph, respectively) until they were near the Three Mile Bridge. If you weren't there, "Respect", how would you know otherwise? Bottom line, if a deputy, or any law enforcement officer, calls for help you better be passing me or get the hell out of the way.

I would like to take this time to thank the Gulf Breeze Sgt. for his diligent enforcement of the traffic laws through his little hamlet. While others in your proffession arrest battery suspects and respond to officers needing assistance, you're more concerned with the speed in which they respond. When the traffic is minimal in the Breeze, and you're not busy writing a seat belt ticket, you're clocking fellow law enforcement officers with radar and reporting those speeds to the Asst. Chief. Do they give out newer Dodge Chargers for such acts of heroism? You're not sure but it's worth the try. This Bud's for you.

Respect, If you're not willing to put a name to your post then you're nothing more than a yellow, lilly livered coward hiding behind a computer. If you want to second guess deputies on here then nut up, put a name to your post or shut the hell up. Until then your opinion means nothing. If you've got a problem with that, you know who I am. Come talk to me.

Chris- your dead on the money. Randle is not Pro-Deputy, if anything he would run this agency like a giant Gulf Breeze PD.... Traffic Trollers and Senor Citizens on Patrol... what a comforting thought....

01-25-2008, 06:27 PM
We need a leader that is pro-union, with a vision for a proactive and progressive agency. We dont need a small town asst police cheif using small town asst police cheif tactics in a semi-urban large county. This is a very complex county that is very diverse. Crime is on the rise. Population is on the rise. Budgets are getting rolled back. We have less Deputies now than we did in 2001. We still dont have a contract, and our voices are not being heard.

I think that Sheriff Hall was what this county needed 7 years ago to correct the actions of Sheriff Brown. i think Wendell has done that. Now its time for someone (Sheriff Hall???) to stand up and take this agency where it has to be... we need training, we need vehicles that are "police packages". we need a union with a contract, we need MORE Deputies on the street, not less. we need a Sheriff to come out and support us and not just give us the usual election time hot air...

i dont think Robert Randle has shown us that. i`ve been around in law enforcement 13 years and i`ve never heard one deputy from either agency say anything "good" or pro-LEO about Randle...you either love him or hate him i guess...thats just what i`ve heard.

I dont know Trooper Chris Roper, but he is a Trooper and traffic is his Forte, maybe he would have some fresh ideas.. but what does he know about running a Sheriffs Office? i dont know??? , but if i wanted to be a trooper and work wreaks i would have joined them.

i dont know where VanCamp stands on issues, all i know is that he has been passed over for promotions... maybe he understands "good ole boy" politics and wants to change that??? He seems like an honest guy??? but who would he bring in??? who would he keep??? would it be like the last time we got an Escambia County Deputy????

and Sheriff Hall... well hes a nice guy, great hair, but a 3rd term?? and no contract still????, just seems like he either needs to step up to the plate and change the way he does business or he has a coup on his hands... i smell mutiny in the air. Time for a contract... a real nice one.

Its going to be a very interesting election season...

Stay Safe.

01-26-2008, 12:55 PM
We need a leader that is pro-union, with a vision for a proactive and progressive agency. We dont need a small town asst police cheif using small town asst police cheif tactics in a semi-urban large county. This is a very complex county that is very diverse. Crime is on the rise. Population is on the rise. Budgets are getting rolled back. We have less Deputies now than we did in 2001. We still dont have a contract, and our voices are not being heard.

I think that Sheriff Hall was what this county needed 7 years ago to correct the actions of Sheriff Brown. i think Wendell has done that. Now its time for someone (Sheriff Hall???) to stand up and take this agency where it has to be... we need training, we need vehicles that are "police packages". we need a union with a contract, we need MORE Deputies on the street, not less. we need a Sheriff to come out and support us and not just give us the usual election time hot air...

i dont think Robert Randle has shown us that. i`ve been around in law enforcement 13 years and i`ve never heard one deputy from either agency say anything "good" or pro-LEO about Randle...you either love him or hate him i guess...thats just what i`ve heard.

I dont know Trooper Chris Roper, but he is a Trooper and traffic is his Forte, maybe he would have some fresh ideas.. but what does he know about running a Sheriffs Office? i dont know??? , but if i wanted to be a trooper and work wreaks i would have joined them.

i dont know where VanCamp stands on issues, all i know is that he has been passed over for promotions... maybe he understands "good ole boy" politics and wants to change that??? He seems like an honest guy??? but who would he bring in??? who would he keep??? would it be like the last time we got an Escambia County Deputy????

and Sheriff Hall... well hes a nice guy, great hair, but a 3rd term?? and no contract still????, just seems like he either needs to step up to the plate and change the way he does business or he has a coup on his hands... i smell mutiny in the air. Time for a contract... a real nice one.

Its going to be a very interesting election season...

Stay Safe.I contacted Jeff several times by phone and I do believe he has an understanding for the troops , I left him a message and he called within a couple of hours 850-607-0950. My family and friends are really considering Jeff Van Camp to the position of Sheriff he has youth , education and leadership .

01-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Just a friendly reminder if you support the other candidates and you work for SRSO, do not tell anyone. Some people engage in "pillow talk" (oh how romantic). If Hall finds out, you may find yourself saying "All rise! Court is now in session." The judge and clerks will say, "Oh Bailiff, I like my coffee with cream and sugar" "Oh bailiff the bathroom is out of toilet paper again." It almost happened to some guys last time. Hall's eyes are watcing you.

01-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Just a friendly reminder if you support the other candidates and you work for SRSO, do not tell anyone. Some people engage in "pillow talk" (oh how romantic). If Hall finds out, you may find yourself saying "All rise! Court is now in session." The judge and clerks will say, "Oh Bailiff, I like my coffee with cream and sugar" "Oh bailiff the bathroom is out of toilet paper again." It almost happened to some guys last time. Hall's eyes are watcing you.Well I'll take note but not to worry I just live here!!!!!!!

01-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Just to let you know, Jeff is Pro Deputy! He wants you guys to have a contract, he is pro PBA and I understand he is meeting with the FOP to introduce himself and express his pro union position to them, just a little FYI for you. And yes, he was passed up numerous times for promotions because he wouldn't take the oath of the "Good Ole Boys" which incidentally your boss is a charter member and Randall is trying his damndest to become a member. Peace to all!

01-27-2008, 10:11 PM
I have personally worked with Jeff through out the years. Jeff is a very loyal friend and family man.

i have read comments about Jeff and him not getting promoted or something over his unsustained IA for harrassment. It was the must trumped up polictical garbage i have ever seen. Anyone that works at the ECSO can tell you about the bogus witch hunts that get drummed up to keep the admin happy. (IA`s for COURTESY????) Jeff is a victim of just such treatment. I have heard people come onto this forum and bash Jeff for not getting promoted. They say he was "caught cheating" well, thats just not the case, go request the IA file and see for yourself. Jeff understands how the "good ole boy" polictics works and he is sick to his stomache about it.... i know, because i hear about it every day.

He is Pro-Union, and he wants a Department that has high morale. He will go to bat for the Deputies to get them the much needed pay raises. He wants to do away with the good ole boy games, and bring progessive training and "Crown Vics" back in over at SCSO. He wants to work TOGETHER with the union to work on issues and get a contract into place.

He`s a Good Man, a Good Deputy, and just wants to do the best job and get it done the right way.

01-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Randle was a founding member of the FOP Lodge in Gulf Breeze over 20 years ago... He is pro-deputy, pro-union, and has worked on both sides of the bargaining table. I've known him a long time and he's a good man. Unless you have some strong ties to Van Camp for some reason, why not give Randle a call and listen to what he has to say, too? Too many people want to use these forums for bad-mouthing and bashing people. Give the candidate a call and ask them. I know Randle welcomes calls from people and wouth rather someone hear it from him (whether you like what he says or not) than from some online board where people can remain anonymous and post crap.

01-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Founding member of the FOP Lodge????.... last time i checked that was a place for drinking and picking up "Badge Bunnies"... Being a memeber of the FOP is NOT the same as being in the PBA... And i as a Deputy in ECSO know just how PRO-DEPUTY Randle is.. which isnt much... i was complained on for speeding back in 2001 going to a Sig-36 on the beach, on my way back from the jail to return to work on the boardwalk. Plus i had my LIGHTS ON!!! Randle called dispatch to complain, my shift LT. who just happened to be working off duty also, was the senior man on the beach... FACT ARE FACTS. Just because you drank beer at the old lodge does not make you PRO UNION or PRO DEPUTY. God help you boys at Santa Rosa if you guys elect him... look on the bright side, maybe you guys can wear Trooper Hats and write a TON of speeding Tickets... Good luck.

01-30-2008, 01:48 AM
Please explain to me why you people are on here bashing each other? First of all this is the Santa Rosa message board. Second who do any of you think you are to sit there and arm chair quarterback incidents when you weren't involved. If you have spent anytime in law enforcement you know what it is like to be judged and talked about behind your back. Grow up guys, we are all on the same team.. Atleast I thought we were. Before you ask, yes I am a Deputy Sheriff...Be SAFE!!!!

01-30-2008, 04:25 AM
Its called election time, SR Deputy.

DDG
01-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Happens every four years....

02-09-2008, 04:30 PM
How about finding someone that actually stands up to the BOCC for his people? That's what I want.

Not sure if I can handle another Escambia Deputy, we're already ESCAROSA county now.

Randall actually assisted in getting his people a $6k/yr increase. There's something to be said in that.

02-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Tight budget?

Didn't someone just get rehired at $75,000?

What ever happened to that public records request for SRSO departmental salaries?

You guys and gals must be used to the smoke that's been blown for the past seven years.

Good luck.

02-10-2008, 04:07 AM
Nope. They got hired back at the salary they left with. They've gotten the same 5% that everyone else has gotten and their salary is not $75,000. Sorry he wishes you were right I assure you! That's why his name and salary were not on the earlier FOP requested list because he never got any extras like some other people got whose name was actually on the list. Pull the records if you wish or better yet go by and ask him he'll be glad to show you. However, I'm sure speculation and rumor are more interesting as per a certain court security officers wife.

02-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Guys, I may not have been here as long as some of you older deputies but what I've seen so far is Hall has done a pretty good job. ECSO deputies do not get a 5% raise for the first five years. They also do not get a 2.5% raise every year thereafter. They get COLA's when they get cola's. They start off a little ahead of us but we seem to catch up to them and pass them. They do get 20% on promotions and that is definitely better than us! But remember that's only for a small group that actually get promoted! The rest of us don't get that! When I talk to my ECSO buddies they have the same gripes we do if not more. Why don't you pull up their LEO AFFAIRS website if you don't believe me. So where do we have it so bad? Naturally, I want a raise and increase in benefits as much as the next one but believe it or not we're in line with almost everyone else in NWF. I'm not naive but I am open minded.

02-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Dear open minded, I have to say I agree with you. I also have buddies at Escambia and you talk about low morale. They want a pro-deputy sheriff who will work toword their benefits. Many of them are envious of what we have. That isn't to say they our situation could NOT BE BETTER! We have a LOT of room for improvement I assure you!

02-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Think about it this way, Escambia has the "High School popularity contest and rumor mill issues". I too have spoken to people at Escambia......they pay a lot less for health insurance (family plan), they have extra pay for special duty assignments and their starting pay is higher. Last time I looked at everyone side by side with salaries, the pay was definately higher at both Okaloosa and Escambia and with every promotion the gap widens further.

I stay here because the backstabbing stupidity at Escambia is a bit much for me. We have to deal with being crapped on enough by criminals, why should we have to deal with it from coworkers?

02-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Nope. They got hired back at the salary they left with. They've gotten the same 5% that everyone else has gotten and their salary is not $75,000. Sorry he wishes you were right I assure you! That's why his name and salary were not on the earlier FOP requested list because he never got any extras like some other people got whose name was actually on the list. Pull the records if you wish or better yet go by and ask him he'll be glad to show you. However, I'm sure speculation and rumor are more interesting as per a certain court security officers wife.

Ask again.

What is the training guy's salary after he retired and returned a few months later?

02-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Why don't you ask him yourself? This issue came up Friday when a court security's wife was going around spreading false rumors as usual. So I asked him personally. He showed me his HR papers from the time he came on until now. He's not one of the chosen ones. Sorry, your way out of line as usual and you're wrong as usual. If you think he gives a damn who you are your also wrong. And if your going to question him why aren't you questioning the ones in the front office such as Queen Blue Jean Friday at $44,000 a year who does nothing but set up social fund raisers. And what do you make while we're asking?

02-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Is the "Fund raiser's" job actually necessary? Somehow I don't think so.

02-10-2008, 11:43 PM
And this means what to the rest of us. Why don't we concern ourselves with something a little more useful to our cause. If you don't want to vote for Hall DON'T. If you want to vote for Van Camp DO IT. Build a bridge and get over it.

02-10-2008, 11:44 PM
No its not necessary! But now don't forget she also handles walk-a-thon's in case that changes your mind.

02-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Yea training director gets re-hired for 75 grand a year to sit around and do nothing except for emailing everyone. Waste of money.

02-11-2008, 08:56 PM
I sent it before I finished it. 75 grand sounds like bull dookey. It does not surprise me some of Otis' people make serious money to do NOTHING. I doubt MW makes 75 grand a year. Some of those people, who do nothing, get paid enough for two deputies. Call it what you want but I dont see paying someone 44 thou for blue jean Friday or walk-a-thons. I also dont see why we need 2 majors, 80-100 grand each a year to, especially since one had no clue. Cant say much for the other one. We have a LT that makes over 70 grand a year to issue nextels and cars. And come to thing the sheriff said, last year, that patrol would be hit the hardest. Cant get ride of your golfin buds, eh Otis?

02-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Guys, I may not have been here as long as some of you older deputies but what I've seen so far is Hall has done a pretty good job. ECSO deputies do not get a 5% raise for the first five years. They also do not get a 2.5% raise every year thereafter. They get COLA's when they get cola's. They start off a little ahead of us but we seem to catch up to them and pass them. They do get 20% on promotions and that is definitely better than us! But remember that's only for a small group that actually get promoted! The rest of us don't get that! When I talk to my ECSO buddies they have the same gripes we do if not more. Why don't you pull up their LEO AFFAIRS website if you don't believe me. So where do we have it so bad? Naturally, I want a raise and increase in benefits as much as the next one but believe it or not we're in line with almost everyone else in NWF. I'm not naive but I am open minded.

Those percentages and step increases you are speaking of have been in place long before the current admin.

03-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Yeah, but the LT that issues phones and cars is an AMW hero.......30 year homicide det...........LOL what a joke

03-04-2008, 01:11 PM
My car is junk! Its in the shop everyday. When I got it it had 120,000 miles now it's over 140,000. The AMW "Hero" told me I was going to keep it for 2 more years. I talked to another deputy who had 98,000 miles on his car and got a new one. Another guy wgo had 40,000 and got a new one. LB is my hero :?

03-04-2008, 07:56 PM
He's not the only joke. Lt. J K got re-assigned, AGAIN! I heard he is behind Van Camp

03-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Just another example of one that was promoted well past their level of capability.

03-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Sorry to mince words but he was hired beyond his capability. It appears he been the ususal a-hole which led him back to watch Lt." As fars as the AMW "Allstar" goes he supposedly solved cold cases. He couldnt solve a case of hemorhoids with a "Preparation H For Dummies." If you eleminate those guys salaries we could hire some more deputies. Dead wieght.

03-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Just kinda curious as to how someone gets nominated to be an AMW Allstar? Can you nominate yourself? or does someone higher in the agency have to do it?

03-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Most likely his wife nominated him. 30 year homicide detective? As long as I've been here he has not been in investigations. In 1999 he was the D-4 "Commander." After that he went into Fleet management because he pissed off the admin. There is 11 years out of 30 in which he was not a homicide detective. In fact I don't think the SO has ever had bonafide Homicide Detectives. We've had Investigations, Major Crimes and Property Crimes. Investigations, now Major Crimes had Detectives, none of which were designated as Homicide Detective. Not only is the 30 years wrong, the Homicide Detective is wrong too.

03-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Or the guy that sold the Impalas to the SO nominated him. For all you driving those death traps my prayers are with you.

DDG
03-05-2008, 09:16 PM
whose idea was it to start buying those POS`s???

03-05-2008, 11:38 PM
LB said he spoke with the guys at GM and thought the Impala was the way to go, cheaper cars, less fuel and less maintenence. About the same time this was going on LB bought a brand new truck and got a super deal on it. The rumor was LB got the deal on his personal truck after the SO began to buy the Impalas. I am thankful I do not drive one. My hope is that my car will last long enough so when the Impalas begin to show their true colors the Sheriff will come to his senses and go back to the Crown Vics. The car I drive is a newer Crown Vic (06) and so far it's been good. Its funny you dont see the AMW Allstar wannabe drive one everyday. My guess the tires would bust.

03-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I have one question. I was leaving the jail and saw several brand new cars, some had been there for 2 weeks. If some deputues have over 140,000 miles why hasn't Mr Allstar issued the new cars? I saw several in the shops not to mention some guys driving district spares? Is LB too busy politicing his Allstar BS or is he being lazy?

03-10-2008, 10:34 PM
LB isnt the one issuing them. He should be or at least overseeing it. His assistant is supposed to be giving them out but she's too busy doing other stuff. Those cars will get issued out even its by the time the 09's come out. Getting deputies into better or cars is not their top priorty judging by the number of brand new cars there. Fleet Management is a contradiction in terms.

03-10-2008, 10:40 PM
If I eat 100 chilidogs and win the farting contest can I be nominated for AMW Allstar? That guy needs to retire since he dont do nothing anyway except draw a paycheck

03-11-2008, 06:52 PM
They are too busy with Nextel, which just so happens to be the sheriff's place of employment. Talking abut personal gain!

03-11-2008, 07:53 PM
You mean his wife's place of employment. :snicker:

03-20-2008, 05:02 PM
How can the sheriff do that and there not be something wrong? Come on, somebody call the PNJ, WEAR 3 news or somebody. If he can use a vendor that allows him personal gain that is a direct conflict of interest, moral terpitude maybe?

04-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Here is the 1st Qt 08 Financial Reports from the Supervisor of Elections.

1) VanCamp- $37,218
2) Hall- $33,797
3) Randle- $31,615
4) Roper- $5,745

04-11-2008, 12:32 AM

1) VanCamp- $37,218
2) Hall- $33,797
3) Randle- $31,615
4) Roper- $5,745

04-11-2008, 12:32 AM

1) VanCamp- $37,218
2) Hall- $33,797
3) Randle- $31,615
4) Roper- $5,745

How much did VanCamp loan to himself?

How much did Randle get from Wes?

Hmmmm....

04-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Wes gave Randle $250

04-11-2008, 06:45 PM
What I fail to understand is; what does Wes have against the current admin ? Hall did not fire him for being a self absorbed, power hungry, vindictive ass. Brown unloaded him in the effort to save the election; alas it was too little, too late. I guess it could be the shame of the substandard construction of the office and jail by Three "C's" (Cummings) construction that resulted in the major damage during Ivan.

DDG
04-11-2008, 08:33 PM

1) VanCamp- $37,218
2) Hall- $33,797
3) Randle- $31,615
4) Roper- $5,745

How much did VanCamp loan to himself?

How much did Randle get from Wes?

Hmmmm....

Van Camp loaned himself 3900

04-12-2008, 01:44 AM
The Financial stats are in on Mr. VanCamp:
Honest public information that can be found on the Supervisor of Elections Candidate financial reports.

States he has $37,218.10 (previous post left off the .10)

In Kind......................................$6303.10
Loans......................................... 2900.00
Bridgette VanCamp's Donation.....500.00
TOTAL FROM THE ABOVE...........$9703.10

TOTAL EXPENDITURES...........................TOTAL $25,816.04

NOW IF WE TAKE THE FIRST STATED AMOUNT.....$37,218.10
AND NOW WE SUBTRACT TOTAL EXPENDITURES..$25,816.04

THE BALANCE IS NOW WHAT???????....................$11,402.06

So now we find another untruth from this candidate!!

04-12-2008, 02:22 AM
MORE INFORMATION ON THE MR. VANCAMP CANDIDATE*******

All this information is Public Record; can be found in court records and any other Public Records Request. Any individual can obtain this information, just like the info from the Campaign Funds was found.

1. MR.VANCAMP WAS FOUND GUILTY OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT.
2. MR. VANCAMP WAS FOUND GUILTY OF CHEATING ON SGT. EXAM.
3. MR. VANCAMP IS BEING SUED IN CIVIL COURT IN SANTA ROSA CO.

PULL A PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST AND FIND OUT!!

Now for the latest information which appeared also in BLACK & WHITE on the Financial Report of campaign donations.

MR.VANCAMP IS "GUILTY" OF MAKING A DONATION TO AN ESCAMBIA CANDIDATE RUNNING FOR THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE.
LARRY SCAPECCHI, WHICH BY THE WAY IS A "DEMOCRAT!" WAS GIVEN A DONATION OF $250.00 FROM A "REPUBLICAN" CANDIDATE BY THE NAME OF MR. JEFF VANCAMP!!!

AND TO THINK...LARRY SCAPECCHI IS RUNNING IN AN ELECTION AGAINST THE CURRENT SHERIFF; WHICH IS ALSO MR. VANCAMP'S BOSS. TSK...TSK...

WHICH PARTY DOES MR. VANCAMP SUPPORT?? THE DEMOCRATS OR THE REPUBLICANS.
HE SURE MAKES OUR REPUBLICAN PARTY PROUD..DON'T HE???

Now to find the information about the $250.00 donation...just go to the Supervisor of Election and pull Mr. Scapecchi report and you will find Mr.VanCamp listed as the SEQ.Number #131 donation made on 2/20/08.

04-12-2008, 03:19 AM
The Financial stats are in on Mr. VanCamp:
Honest public information that can be found on the Supervisor of Elections Candidate financial reports.

States he has $37,218.10 (previous post left off the .10)

In Kind......................................$6303.10
Loans......................................... 2900.00
Bridgette VanCamp's Donation.....500.00
TOTAL FROM THE ABOVE...........$9703.10

TOTAL EXPENDITURES...........................TOTAL $25,816.04

NOW IF WE TAKE THE FIRST STATED AMOUNT.....$37,218.10
AND NOW WE SUBTRACT TOTAL EXPENDITURES..$25,816.04

THE BALANCE IS NOW WHAT???????....................$11,402.06

So now we find another untruth from this candidate!!

so if we divide the subtotal from the square root of pie and add 10 and then minus ten, get the coefficent of 2 times the x axis we get David Morgan doing Math for Hall... you talk like a man that knows his time is up.... you've seen them before... coughing up pink foam and chunks of gray matter, lungs all scrambled up from the .40 rounds and they look at you with fish eyes... they are dead and dont even know it yet... dont worry bout it Admin Guy. 29 a year is plenty to live on, if you dont like it...you can leave.

04-12-2008, 03:56 AM
PEOPLE JUST CAN NOT STAND FACTS...

PREVIOUS REMARKS FROM SOMEONE GOING BY THE NAME OF "BI-SOMETHING."
GO AHEAD AND SHOW YOUR EDUCATED SIDE OF YOURSELF.

YES, I AM FOR SHERIFF WENDELL HALL!!
We all have the freedom to believe in the person that has proven to be a GREAT SHERIFF!
You have your candidate and others have their's.

But you would think when someone posted information they can prove; someone would not want to be so discourteous?

P.S. NOW YOU HAVE INSULTED THE SUPERVISOR OF ELECTIONS OFFICE....ACCOUNTANTS....SHERIFF HALL....BUT MAINLY YOU HAVE INSULTED YOURSELF BY SHOWING YOUR IGNORANCE.

04-12-2008, 05:05 AM
PEOPLE JUST CAN NOT STAND FACTS...

PREVIOUS REMARKS FROM SOMEONE GOING BY THE NAME OF "BI-SOMETHING."
GO AHEAD AND SHOW YOUR EDUCATED SIDE OF YOURSELF.

YES, I AM FOR SHERIFF WENDELL HALL!!
We all have the freedom to believe in the person that has proven to be a GREAT SHERIFF!
You have your candidate and others have their's.

But you would think when someone posted information they can prove; someone would not want to be so discourteous?

P.S. NOW YOU HAVE INSULTED THE SUPERVISOR OF ELECTIONS OFFICE....ACCOUNTANTS....SHERIFF HALL....BUT MAINLY YOU HAVE INSULTED YOURSELF BY SHOWING YOUR IGNORANCE.

You must be driving a Crown Vic....

04-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Bystander, you seem really over involved in an internet blog. Take it easy big fella..its all going to shake loose in Aug... you make it seem like Hall is sweating it.... well I would be too if I was the current Sheriff and I have two serious canidates on my heels and we all have raised about the same amount of money...

04-12-2008, 10:44 AM
MORE INFORMATION ON THE MR. VANCAMP CANDIDATE*******

All this information is Public Record; can be found in court records and any other Public Records Request. Any individual can obtain this information, just like the info from the Campaign Funds was found.

1. MR.VANCAMP WAS FOUND GUILTY OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT.
2. MR. VANCAMP WAS FOUND GUILTY OF CHEATING ON SGT. EXAM.
3. MR. VANCAMP IS BEING SUED IN CIVIL COURT IN SANTA ROSA CO.

PULL A PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST AND FIND OUT!!

Now for the latest information which appeared also in BLACK & WHITE on the Financial Report of campaign donations.

MR.VANCAMP IS "GUILTY" OF MAKING A DONATION TO AN ESCAMBIA CANDIDATE RUNNING FOR THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE.
LARRY SCAPECCHI, WHICH BY THE WAY IS A "DEMOCRAT!" WAS GIVEN A DONATION OF $250.00 FROM A "REPUBLICAN" CANDIDATE BY THE NAME OF MR. JEFF VANCAMP!!!

AND TO THINK...LARRY SCAPECCHI IS RUNNING IN AN ELECTION AGAINST THE CURRENT SHERIFF; WHICH IS ALSO MR. VANCAMP'S BOSS. TSK...TSK...

WHICH PARTY DOES MR. VANCAMP SUPPORT?? THE DEMOCRATS OR THE REPUBLICANS.
HE SURE MAKES OUR REPUBLICAN PARTY PROUD..DON'T HE???

Now to find the information about the $250.00 donation...just go to the Supervisor of Election and pull Mr. Scapecchi report and you will find Mr.VanCamp listed as the SEQ.Number #131 donation made on 2/20/08.

Van Camp giving Scapecchi money means Van Camp has a pair and is a good thing. He still won't be Sheriff in SR (need the goat) but at least he did the right thing in Escambia.

DDG
04-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Van Camp does have a pair, and if (come on Billie, you silly little goat) if, Jeff wins, i think you will see the same pair fight for the employees. It takes talent to be successful. It takes money to keep the talent. Pay your people a fair wage, treat them with respect and give them a fair contract is what Jeff is all about.... (baaaaa baaaa)

In regards to Bystander, you information is not entirely correct. Jeff was investigated for cheating, he was involved in a Preliminary Investigation in which it was alleged that Jimmy James (now a Sgt.)was trying to get the answers from Jeff, it never even made it to a full IA. Only statement made was that Jimmy was the one making comments to himself... so much for cheating...there was nothing to it, IA never opened, just the typical ECSO witch hunt..

The harassment was Big ole Jeff saying a few comments and the girl, who is in left field, and a total blonde not to mention border line Sig 25, didn't know what a phase like, "hey when your in the chiefs office,.. can you plug me?' give me a break... who wouldn't know what "plug me" means... its a common used phrase for "put a good word in for me" or "Jeff do you lay tile? no but i can lay pipe. (i wouldn't have used that phrase) but all Big Jeff meant was i install sprinkler systems. She was present when Capt Brown and Lt. Nye were talking about installing the sprinkler systems at their house with Jeff....again, it was a witch hunt by Moonyham, who was removed from crime stoppers. Mooneyham wanted to run for "shurf" of ECSO and wanted Jeff gone so he could hog the lime light. They trump up a silly IA, They knew Jeff wanted to run in Santa Rosa... maybe Hall called Ronnie Mac, maybe Ronnie Mac did it for a favor to Hall... who knows why, but it was a witch hunt...

Bystander, lets not start throwing stones.. i can assure you that we DON'T want to discuss Halls...lack of a better term... sexual indiscretions... If you want to get into it, i guess we would have to start by talking about what kind of man has his daughters best friend give you.....well you get the point.. we don't need to get into all that.. now do we???

lesson learned is that if you have an Admin that is vindictive and malicious, they will go after you... Jeff understands this, and that's why, IF ( Billie where are you???) If Jeff wins, he wants what everyone wants... equal and fair treatment under the law, fair wages for all, and a contract with the Union.. and you get a Sheriff with a pair of Balls....

04-14-2008, 02:17 AM
Hey DDG:

I do need to come back and say that it was never proven that VanCamp cheated on the Sgt. exam...My mistake and I stand corrected. Thanks!!!

04-15-2008, 01:40 PM
bystander.
your numbers are wrong.
van camp loaned himself $2400.
Jeff and Bridgette both contributed $500 each to his campaign.
Jeff Jr and Brandon have zero contributions so unlike some other candidates, he isn't milking the family tree.

Your statement that Jeff is lying about his finances is just pure out wrong. Jeff accounts for every single penny. He is the only one that shows expenditures for his website, his signs, everything.
Explain how somebody can have a hosted website and not report a domain registration and paying a hosting fee? Minimum is that it has to be in-kinded and not "just a favor". Volunteers don't host websites, it is a reportable expense.

Since you have no access to the campaign account balance, how can you say that he is lying? Do you have some magical insight you can share that will explain your self-promoted knowledge? Or do you just want to throw stones?

And what is wrong with Jeff supporting Larry? The sheriff should be a non-partisan office but choosing how to run is just how it is. So? Larry is a good guy and would make a good sheriff. If you honestly believe that an employee should always support the guy running for the office then you need to step back and take civics 101.

My understanding of your rants is that you dislike anybody who isn't just like you? If they aren't a republican, they are scum? Your previous posts about trailer trash in pace/milton/etc reflect an attitude that fosters hate and elitism. Pace Guy pointed out that there are a good many people who live in that area who are far from being "trailer trash".

I'm just trying to clarify how a die-hard hall supporter feels about the citizens of our community. Does your disdain of the people and process represent your candidates views?

You aren't doing your candidate any favors by being consistently wrong and spouting off about things where you have no basis in fact. If anything, you are proving that you believe that arrogance and lies will win the day instead of honesty and humility.

04-16-2008, 02:08 AM
There is nothing wrong with Jeff supporting Larry. That just shows Jeff has some good sense and real values. Good luck to Larry in Escambia. They need change.

As for Santa Rosa, the candidates need to quit accusing each other of nasty things and realize that this forum gets very little outside viewing. The accusations are not verified so stop going there. As for the election, Jeff would be the choice of most but for Hall running again. Hall is going to win because he has done a good job and that is that.

Jeff needs to keep it clean, understand he is a long shot, see it as a way to get his name out there more and think about coming back in four years. Otherwise he will not get the respect of the troops from Santa Rosa in 4 years. His competition will be Randle and nobody wants Randle except Wes. Randle could hand out money and not get elected.

04-16-2008, 02:50 AM
WHOA J5

First of all I got my information from the Supervisor of Elections...Public Records sir. It is all there in black & white. Also, I never stated that Larry S. would not make a good Sheriff.

And please reread the post....I AM NOT THE ONE TALKING ABOUT TRAILERS OR TRAILER TRASH!!! I HAVE NEVER CALLED ANYONE TRAILER TRASH ON THIS SITE OR ANYWHERE ELSE.

By the way: I am a hard working individual and a believer in the candidate that I support. Thanks!!

04-16-2008, 03:08 AM
Hey J5:

They now have the 1st quarter 2008 Campaign Financial Reports on this LEO AFFAIRS website. Just wanted to let you know.

04-16-2008, 03:18 AM
Hey DDG:

I do need to come back and say that it was never proven that VanCamp cheated on the Sgt. exam...My mistake and I stand corrected. Thanks!!!

How many more mistakes did you make? That one was pretty serious in my book. Can you spell "LIBEL"?

04-16-2008, 12:56 PM
bystander.
sorry about confusing you w/bi-stainder.
honest mistake. I have absolutely no problem w/you supporting your candidate. That is why we have the ballot boxes!!!!

so you know what is in jeff's checking account?
his website has his DS-DE-12 reports. (i don't think the 3/31 has been posted yet).

I think you are mis-interpreting what you are reading. Email Jeff, Email his treasurer. Both names are on the website.

You have a problem with Jeff supporting Larry. Why? The Sheriff represents all people of a county. Not just republicans, democrats, independents, constitution-party, etc.

All 4 of these guys in this race are willing to go thru this mud slinging process that seems to have started. I know Jeff doesn't want to sling mud and that if it gets tossed at him he is going to do his best to ignore it.

I personally have a great deal of respect for any LEO that is willing to suffer thru these personal attacks and try to bring about change. Actually, for anybody that is willing to fight to get the job. While I respect Wendell, Chris, and Robert, I support Jeff.

04-17-2008, 01:33 PM
All,
Sorry, the $3900 number was correct. I made a mistake and I apologize. The last thing I want to do is throw out incorrect numbers or make up facts.

Again, it wasn't intentional.