PDA

View Full Version : Telephone directory

11-09-2007, 07:19 PM
I heard that we could have our names taken out of the telephone directory for free. Does anyone know how to do this?

I contacted AT&T but they said I have to pay $2.55 per month.

11-10-2007, 04:40 AM
I heard that we could have our names taken out of the telephone directory for free. Does anyone know how to do this?

I contacted AT&T but they said I have to pay $2.55 per month.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. This is NOT the site for useful information sharing like this. This is the site to complain about the supervisor who kicked back your report because you spell on a third grade level. Or the K9 guy who yelled at you one time and made you cry. Or the VIN guy who made you transport a prisoner once and you missed your 10pm feeding. Or the Detective who asked you to take a statement for him. Or the SRO who actually needed a backup at a school and made you clear your 10-40. Or your zone partner who boned you with a call while he was busy with an arrest. Or... well, you get it by now.

All sarcasm aside, I heard the same thing and called the phone company and got no where. I did many searches online and found nothing requiring the phone companies from taking your name out of the directory (I did find many things requiring state databases (drivers license, vehicle registration, tax collector, etc) from listing our information, but couldn't find the phone company info. For about $30.00 a year, it's worth the directory listing removal that they charge....

11-14-2007, 06:45 PM
All you have to do is have the phone listing in your wife/girlfriend's maiden name. There is no charge and someone would have to have some good inside info to find your phone number...!

NO CHARGE FOR THE INFO..BY THE WAY...!