PDA

View Full Version : Western School Shooting Scenario

11-09-2007, 01:53 AM
I just heard that our FD and PD had an active shooter scenario. I also heard that our old day shift guys did pretty well. Can anyone that was out there give a little insight as to how it was?

11-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Everybody did GREAT :D

11-09-2007, 01:57 AM
What was the scenario like? What happened? How many shooters? Did the shooters get taken out?

11-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Yeah, that's a great idea. Let's discuss a scenario type training event involving a school on a website that is accessible to any scumbag on the street. Why don't some of you use your f-ing heads?

11-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Lets see. We have COPS, THE FIRST 48, Dallas Swat, Chips, Reno 911, Streets of San Francisco, The Shield. Most of our DUI roadsides are captured on camera. I believe the media was at this event as well. There were also 30+ student role players. Let's not give away what happened.

11-09-2007, 05:03 PM
SO WHICH ONE OF THOSE WOULD YOU USE AS A MODEL TO LEARN FROM? YEAH, EXACTLY :roll:

11-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Thats right the media covered the event. We also got some inside information from the training unit that there are more scenarios to follow. A person close to the LT in training told our reporters that other schools in the Davie area are going to be used over the next weeks/months. During these scenarios officers will have to respond and react to different type of situations. The scenario that took place at Western High is what police refer to as an 'active shooter'. Our source told us that there will be a hostage, bomb threat, and other active shooter scenarios to follow. The training unit did say that they were very pleased with how the officers handled the scenario. They also wanted to publicly thank the Chief for allowing them to get a huge amount of OT for this scenario. Note that only the training unit and their 'select' role players got to benefit as is usually the case with any training given by the PD.

11-09-2007, 07:03 PM
" You forgot to add that other agencies (bso,etc.) responded back to broward to assist in the hunt for the killer massa and our srt just stayed up north. "

OK the active shooter scenario took place on a Tuesday. Dep. Rein was shot on a Wednesday. Our SRT team left the Sunday before that. Several Davie Ofc's assisted in the search for Mazza. At least 8 -10. Some of the posts on here are absolutley rediculous.

11-09-2007, 07:43 PM
I dont think that poster was slamming srt it sounds as though they are slamming the leadership of our pd. In case your wondering most agencies sent all the manpower they could to help. Miami dade sent 100 officers to help as well as the fbi,dea, etc... Surrounding agenices called in numerous offduty cops to assist. However, many offduty leos offered to come in on their own time at our pd and were told no.
One reason given by a bravo sgt was that the suspect was on the beach, and they had plenty of help. Well he wasnt, so maybe next time they will use their small brains, on a search for a cop killer , you can never have enough help.

11-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I dont think that poster was slamming srt it sounds as though they are slamming the leadership of our pd. In case your wondering most agencies sent all the manpower they could to help. Miami dade sent 100 officers to help as well as the fbi,dea, etc... Surrounding agenices called in numerous offduty cops to assist. However, many offduty leos offered to come in on their own time at our pd and were told no.
One reason given by a bravo sgt was that the suspect was on the beach, and they had plenty of help. Well he wasnt, so maybe next time they will use their small brains, on a search for a cop killer , you can never have enough help.

"Miami-Dade sent 100 officers". It sounds like a lot, but from such a big Agency (5000 sworn) it comes out to be 2% of their force (100/5000). Davie sent 12 officers which is 6% of their force (12/182). I think Davie helped out greatly during the search. I'm sorry that your feelings were hurt because you were'nt called in to sit on a perimeter that had a police officer every two feet. I'm sure you're such a stand up guy that you would have "volunteered" to come in off-duty, and the very next day put in an OT slip for your troubles. Several officers were pulled from various units of the police department to help, and yes, some were called in from being off-duty. Instead of complaining, look at all of the positives that occurred. Davie contributed greatly to the effort, and was thanked by many. Good job to all.

11-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Well put Guest 1.