PDA

View Full Version : wake up people

11-08-2007, 12:22 AM
first off, i'm sure everyone has heard about the two deputies in southeast getting shot at by the low life white trash loser that was hiding from his crimes in the river ranch hunt club. thank goodness, they weren't injured. it goes without saying that the hunt club is a 54,000 acre dump that could very well be hiding more criminals. it's not accessible by patrol car. it takes a 4x4 to navigate. yet, patrol deputies are called there and have to leave their patrol cars behind and catch rides inside with the locals on their homemade swamp buggies. god knows where you'll end up once inside. its a real shame that the appropriate people in our agency has not seen the need to invoke a policy regarding calls for service inside the hunt club. a deputy should never respond there by himself. period. also, deputies should not have to "catch rides" with the locals. a 4x4 should be sent to transport the deputies and if one is not available the call should pend. those people living in there cant expect a deputy to be at their beck and call when they choose to live in a remote and inaccessible area. a deputies life is not worth it.

second, im sure everyone has heard about the browards sheriff's office deputy killed in the line of duty on 11-07-07. god bless him. i'm glad the killer was caught. i just wish he would have been killed upon capture. seems appropriate.

wake up people, if you think that these citizens out here give a damn about you.... you are wrong. these are just two examples. it is "us against them", no matter what you're taught in the silly customer service class. we're forced to kiss the butts of the citizens. all in the name of a few votes. citizens that shoot at deputies are real "community oriented". anyone working the road had seen the decline of respect that the citizens have for us. we used to have an intimidation factor that worked in out favor. it's gone now because we have "headhunters" out there just waiting to put paper on you for telling it like it is to these lowlifes. i could go on and on, but it's pointless.

11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Wow, "Guest" ... perhaps some medication will help you. Or I'm sure WalMart is hiring if you wish to change careers.

It's a tough job that very few people can do successfully. It has some great perks, great retirement, etc. It's what you make of it. I'm personally proud to do it. Don't worry about the so called "head hunters" you refer to. Those types of personalities are in every organization. Be right and confident in everything that you do and all will be well.

Change regions or districts at shift bids. Maybe new scenery will help.

I've been here for a long time. It's going quite well these days here at Polk SO in my opinion. I have a few complaints (the Impalas are a waste of money) but if you want to see an agency in turmoil go to Pasco's site, or Hillsborough's, or Lakeland PD for that matter.

Good luck!

11-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Do not confuse the criminals with the actual good people in this county. A LOT of people appreciate us, maybe you should pay a little more attention to the good instead of finding the bad. The bad will always be there, and thats where the us vs them are, but to the majority of the citizens... they are good.

I learned this after 9-28-06, where a lot of people shook our hands and stated just a simple 'thank you' that meant a lot to me. I been doing this a while to. I dont expect a big atta boy or my name in the news for doing something good. And I dont expect many thank you's or we appreciate everything you do for us. But when I do, it makes me proud.

11-08-2007, 04:09 PM
QUOTE: "I've been here for a long time. It's going quite well these days here at Polk SO in my opinion. I have a few complaints (the Impalas are a waste of money) but if you want to see an agency in turmoil go to Pasco's site, or Hillsborough's, or Lakeland PD for that matter. "

I agree Bro!....I have read comments on other sites and think that it must SUCK to work there...In ANY agency, regardless of size, there are going to be complaints(Iagree with the Impalas being a waste as marked/Echo units, by the way)...However, we have it much better than ALOT of other agencies...Trust me, I am in a position where I have daily contact with other agencies, and the majority of them would love to work here!...I do get embarrassed by some of our members who post on here, such as q2b or whatever, among others, who only likes to spread rumors, ***** and complain about EVRYTHING and EVERYONE.....I would hate to be in a platoon/unit with that dude...I dont always agree or like all of our policies or things the Sheriff does or requires, but then again, when I worked at Publix, I didnt always like everything there either, but, I get a steady paycheck (which is ALOT better than it used to be) so I just DONT ***** and DO MY JOB!....regardless of what some people think, you can make suggestions to improve the PCSO without burning bridges....the suggestion just has to be presented in a respectful and well thought out manner....as the Sheriff or Upper Staff, I would also be offended and give no consideration to suggestions with the tone of "this is a F'd up way of doing things", and would also promptly file it in the circular file cabinet.

and yes, before some people label me a JUDDIGHT, or whatever they call it, I do like Sheriff Judd so far. But, if in the future, I believe another candidate could do a better job, I will vote for him/her!However, to date, I see no reason for change. However, that being said, I am loyal to the Polk County Sheriff's OFFICE, my fellow Deputies & the citizens of Polk County FIRST, and to a particular Polk County Sheriff SECOND! Like I said, I like Sheriff Judd, so I come to work everyday (havent called in sick in 14 years), work hard and do the best job I can do. If I didnt like Sheriff Judd, guess what....I would would still come to work everyday, work hard and do the best job I could do!...The only difference would be that I would vote for a new Sheriff

Out of all the people who gripe and moan about how horrible or unfair the S/O is, only a very small % may have actually been screwed by the system or whatever. The vast majority of those are truley malcontents who are never happy, stick fellow deputies with the majority of the workload, and want every assignment or promotion handed to them on a silver plater! And I will bet my last dollar on this: IF, IF for some reason a new Sheriff were to be elected next year, in 2008, these SAME deputies/employees will be making the SAME gripes and complaints in 2009!...AND I bet these SAME deputies/employees made the SAME complaints under Sheriff Crow!....Peace!...to all the hardworking honest cops in PCSO, stay the course and be safe...to the whinning malcontents, lazy slugs, and rumor mongers...in the words of Dale Sr.: "Soak a rag in kerosene and tie it around your ankles to keep the ants off your CANDY ASS!"

OK, OK...I'm gonna get off my soapbox and wait for the pounding I'm gonna take for my opinion...lmao..this should be fun....

11-08-2007, 06:17 PM
The above post must be on the promotional list LOL !!!

11-08-2007, 07:50 PM

I'm glad you mentioned that....if I started back to school right now, I COULD have my degree in 3 years or so, plus I have NEVER taken, much less passed, the promotional exam....and yes, that is by choice...I feel that I am more than capable of screwing up my own career without the aid of X number of deputies under my supervision to do it for me....lol....its all good, I love what I do, so I keep on keepin on.....like I said dude, if the time ever comes that I'm not happy with the Sheriff, I'll vote for a new one!....and if that dont make it any better, I'll go to a new S/O & stay in the FRS.... I can work lookin through a windshield wheather the car says Polk, Pasco, Osceola or whatever on the door...lol....10-65'n is the same all over: find the bad guys, put 'em in jail & write about it!

11-08-2007, 08:13 PM

And by the way, Retiree, since you probably have a few minutes to kill while your dentures are soaking, and waiting for the bingo game to start, why not use that time to brush up on your reading comprehension skills. In my first post, I wrote, in part :

'that being said, I am loyal to the Polk County Sheriff's OFFICE, my fellow Deputies & the citizens of Polk County FIRST, and to a particular Polk County Sheriff SECOND! '

To which your eloquent and obviously original and well thought out response was:

Uuhh, Yeah....I'm sure such an outlook will buy me a few rungs on the career ladder!.....ok, I changed my user name, is that better?...does that take me off the promotional list?

02-21-2008, 04:34 PM
no doubt he is related to the judd family, many inbread folks over there.

02-21-2008, 05:55 PM
i wonder if winstoncup is retiree in disguise?

02-24-2008, 04:18 AM
he seems disgruntled enough. why dig up such an old post jsut to take a shot at grady?

winston cup: if you are retiree, or any other non employee, just tell us who you are. you've got nothing to lose. just because a guy\gal is happy at work doesn't mean we are looking to get promoted or that we babysit for the sheriff.

03-30-2008, 06:27 PM
no doubt he is related to the judd family, many inbread folks over there.

compliments of the urban dictionary,I put the link there so you can look at the site to verify...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inbread

1. inbread
A mispelling of the word "inbred". Yeah, I know, sad.

People who spell it inbread are likely inbred.

2. inbread
someone from chertsey or addlestone

3. inbread

a person who sleaps with family

I could not resist this one.

:lol: :wink: :P