PDA

View Full Version : How many more?

11-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Yet again we have lost a brother. The bad guys have lost all respect/fear of us. They out number us, out gun us and have the support of the public. You disagree? Look at how the media "reports" what's been going on: When one of us is killed or injured its "suspect" and "alleged". When we do our job it's "police shoot wrong man" and "hail of bullets". Add to it that the cities are screwing the departments by cutting funding and it's no surprise that we're being looked at as targets.

Long ago in a galaxy far far away police officers stood tall and proud knowing that they had the support of the public and their departments. These men and women were respected not feared even when they had to use force because the people knew that it was for their safety. Then things changed and "liability" became more important than officer safety. Building water parks and buying useless toys to add to vehicles were seen as more important than properly training and equipping officers. The bad guys became the role models and the police became the adversary of the public. Why did these things happen? The better question is why we allowed this to happen.

When will we be allowed to do our jobs and get the pieces of crap off the streets? All we want to do is make our community safe and get our respect back. When will we be allowed to get the equipment that we actually need and not have gadgets forced onto us "for our safety"? When will the brass actually say enough is enough and make the changes that they know have to be made so that we can take pride in our department again? I know my life is worth a hell of a lot more than what I'm being paid but I still choose to be an officer. My life passed before my eyes when I looked into the barrel of a gun and heard a man say” I’m going to kill you”. In the end it added a few more psychological scars but I still choose to be an officer. LET US DO OUR JOB AND IF IT MEANS THAT WE KICK SOMEONE'S ASS OR THE UNFORTUNATE HAPPENS AND WE HAVE TO TAKE A LIFE THEN TRUST US THAT IT NEEDED TO BE DONE. We’ll do the RTR, supplements, reports, statements whatever you want but support us and don’t make us feel like we are the bad guys.

To the city, brass and public please support those that you entrusted to protect you and let us do what we need to so that our children can walk safely where ever they are. I know that I will not be someone's target or trophy. I will do everything in my power to be sure that my fellow officers are safe in the knowledge that I have their back.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men (and women) stand ready to do violence on their behalf." (George Orwell)

11-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Some valid points. Orwell was right and everyone seems to have lost sight of that....

That being said I think you have lost your friggin mind.

11-09-2007, 02:41 AM
To U352,

You are right on the money and you are not alone. We are not allowed to tell people how it is anymore. We are taught to be namby pamby and make everyone feel good rather then being straight up.

If someone were to grill you or suck their teeth at you it should be common knowlege that they deserve a beat down. Not in today's world. Police work is getting harder and harder for us. We are constantly getting more and more power taken away from us.

11-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Some valid points. Orwell was right and everyone seems to have lost sight of that....

That being said I think you have lost your friggin mind.

I never claimed to be sane (lol).

I'm hearing more and more stories from officers who have HAD to use some level of force and then had their supervisors not support them. We are a police FORCE not just a police service. Yes we have our community aspects and SROs to address the daily aspects of day to day living, but first and foremost we are there for when the sh!^ hits the fan and your everyday normal citizen can no longer deal with the situation. Now beyond having to deal with potentially violent situations on almost every call we have to deal with not being supported by some supervisors in our decisions and the bad guys thinking that it ok to just off one of us.

At one point I wanted to join the Safe Streets unit because they were being proactive and shaking some bushes to let the bad guys know that Miramar isn’t the place for them. Now…..well I won’t even begin to vent on what I’ve heard they’ve become you can ask them yourself.

Regardless of what unit you’re in the important thing to remember is that the times have completely changed. Please don’t cancel that 94 and if you’re the 94 go to the call to back up your fellow officer. Things go from bad to terrifying in the blink of an eye. All the bravado talk of “oh I would have killed him if I was there” changes when you’re actually there. If you truly mean it then go to the calls to help out as much as you can so a “routine call” doesn’t become the next event that is the cause for us to have to wear our Class As.

“I rather be hated for who I am than loved for someone I am not”

Jump123
11-10-2007, 01:56 AM
“I rather be hated for who I am than loved for someone I am not”

That is pretty deep. I thought about what you said when it comes to people being 94 for others. Sometimes I find myself on scene, and a 94 is "En route" yet by the time I finish the call they are showing up. Things can go from good to bad in a blink of an eye. For everyone reading this please dont hesitate showing up to a call. It could be a simple 49, and the next thing you know you could hear "shots fired!" dont be sitting at the 3600 block of douglas when that happens when you should of been there to begin with. And now that we have GPS the family could always look up where you were at, and match it up with the time you were dispatched. Something to think about.

11-13-2007, 02:37 PM
If our command staff doesn't take that nut (352) off the road and get him mental help, there is going to be problems in the future. I can see it now, Ofc. shoots unarmed suspect for fleeing in a routine traffic stop.

11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Listen the command staff let that nut get hired. Anyone who gets married in the nude probably has some issues.

Don't worry Dave you are not "hated for who you are", you are just intensely disliked.

By the way, next time you claim to be in an officer involved shooting expound on it and explain that the shots you fired hit a tree, a car and a wall and they all survived after being treated on scene.

11-15-2007, 04:47 AM
Listen the command staff let that nut get hired. Anyone who gets married in the nude probably has some issues.

Don't worry Dave you are not "hated for who you are", you are just intensely disliked.

By the way, next time you claim to be in an officer involved shooting expound on it and explain that the shots you fired hit a tree, a car and a wall and they all survived after being treated on scene.

WOW!

Shall I sink to you're level.......sure why not lets have some fun.

Yeah I got married in the nude. Why.....hmmmmmm because I actually have a body and face that's considered attractive. Add to it that I have the self confidence so that nudity isn't an issue and why the hell not. I've done professional modeling so a bit of nudity means nothing. Here’s a thought, why don’t you make a selection of people that you’d trust to make a judgment and you present a group of photos and I’ll do the same and we’ll see what their comments are.

Not hated, just intensely disliked. No prob, not here to win a popularity contest just do my job to the best of my ability and learn as much as possible. So long as my 94 gets there and handles business properly that's all I need. I jump on my calls and 94s on the other side of the city when needed. Not to mention I actually show up when I'm 51-94. I’ve already made a few friends and if that’s all I make during my career then I’ll consider myself lucky.

Since I’m supposed to be such a bad shot then you should cancel me as your 94 if you ever get a hot call. I guess you were there when everything happened huh "Detective" HAHAHAHA. Let's hope that when you actually do some work you are aware of the facts and you don't just base your decisions on rumor. If you'd like some actual facts then please by all means come up to me and ask (but we all know you won't). Unless Miramar P.D. issued special ammunition that only you have which allows you to hit a target on the opposite side from where you're firing from then you may want to rethink your comments. If you'd like a diagram drawn in bright colors so your attention doesn't wonder so you can grasp the concept that it's not possible to hit a target in the back when you're facing the front then I'd be more than happy to help you. Hell HAHAHAHA if you could prove that was possible you'd be famous as you'd have discovered some undocumented phenomena.

I started this post to express the sadness and frustration that I and I’m sure many of you feel with the state of how things have become. However some people are quick to change the topic just to try and throw a few insults at others so they can think that they're witty. If you want to impress us with your intelligence then please use the space provided for constructive purposes. Sure it’s fun to poke a bit of fun but if you’re going to throw punches then be willing to take a few in return. It doesn’t take much courage to hide behind a made up id.

Here’s another saying that's good for a few giggles:

Some people are like Slinkies,
Not good for very much,
But they bring a smile to your face,
When they fall down a flight of stairs.

Now where's my therapist! LOL

11-15-2007, 04:50 AM
Sorry for the typos lol

11-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Well said "cholo"...=)

11-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks "Bean"

11-16-2007, 01:02 AM
No trying to impress anyone...just stating my opinion... I think you are freakin nuts.

As far as your modeling career...well you are a cop now so it must not have been to lucrative and I never claimed to be asthetically pleasing.

I based my statements on what the other Miramar Ofc involved in your situation stated....that you hit nothing but a house, a tree and a car. So I guess he is mixed up in his details and I stand corrected.

11-16-2007, 05:02 AM
Hey U352 it's a good thing that you just screwed yourself out of ever getting into Safe Streets, cause I'm sure they would have really wanted you!! :lol: I'm sure they were all saying "Hey, maybe one day we will be blessed by the presence of DG."

11-16-2007, 05:37 AM
U FORGOT "NOT!!!!!!"

11-16-2007, 12:27 PM
To HaHaHaHa
Yes I’m a cop now because I always wanted to be one. No, modeling for me was not lucrative. I was doing it at the same time as I had my primary job but it allowed me to see a great deal of the US and visit several countries. Thanks for at least admitting that the info you got may not have been completely accurate and that you stand corrected.

To the comments re: Safe Streets
You really need to pay attention to what was written. I didn’t say that the unit was the problem. In fact I said for you to ask them yourself how many restrictions have been put on them thus hampering their ability.

Have I screwed myself out of anything for speaking my mind and not being afraid to id myself, perhaps? But at least people know that if I have something positive or negative to say I’ll be upfront and say it.

It’s amazing on how many posts are made with a made up id bashing the people who actually have the balls to id themselves. We’re supposed to be cops and as such not be afraid in the face of conflict. Grow a pair and let us know who you are when you speak your mind if you’re so brave and wise.

Hmmmmm what’s shall it be today………got it

I only do what my Rice Crispies tell me to do.

11-17-2007, 02:54 AM
I think you should have stayed in one of those other countries.

You are coocoo for Cocoa Puffs.

11-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Hey not everyone is privleged enough to have close family friends who are also brass.

11-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Not sure who you think has "family and close friends" that are brass...I sure don't.

My point is that you are nuts and a slug. It was really a very simple point...probably very easy for someone with your superior intellect to overlook.

11-18-2007, 02:06 AM
Well since my Sgt hasn't said anything to me then one can only assume that you must be a Captain, Major or the Chief himself to be able to say that I'm not pulling my weight. Wait a second........hmmmmm NO ONE in command has said anyting to me. Can it be that you're just not comforttable in the fact that people can figure out from the things you say that you're in close with command staff and get favorable treatment.

11-19-2007, 12:40 AM
If our command staff doesn't take that nut (352) off the road and get him mental help, there is going to be problems in the future. I can see it now, Ofc. shoots unarmed suspect for fleeing in a routine traffic stop.

I have found the rat !!!!! Someone knows who u are, or maybe you blend here!

11-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Hey U352 it's a good thing that you just screwed yourself out of ever getting into Safe Streets, cause I'm sure they would have really wanted you!! :lol: I'm sure they were all saying "Hey, maybe one day we will be blessed by the presence of DG."

Their are no safe streets in miramar what a joke. Maybe the name of the unit will fix the cities crime ? Thats how city hall got the name ? Did the cheif really come from Hollywood ?

Can someone from hollywood tell us some thing about this guy ?

Jump123
11-19-2007, 02:26 AM
I think you should have stayed in one of those other countries.

You are coocoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Dude shut the "F" up. HAHAHAHA you are a piece of poop for talking about DG like that. Who are you to pass judgment like that? Have you ever shot anyone or been shot at? What makes you think that the next day you are going to be ok, and act like nothing went wrong. DG saw his life flash before his eyes and that could of freaked him out a little. I know it would for me. So what if he went to the west side to recharge his batteries. The fact is that he is still here, and I hear him handle calls and take 94. So what if he is a little out there, who cares! Why dont you worry about your own shortcomings in life instead of others. Or is it that your life is so miserable that you would rather trash talk one of our brothers. Like it or not he walks the same blue line as the rest of us. Whether he is naked on his wedding, modeling in North Korea, or playing with his nipple rings, he is still there and is much human as you and I. I am sick and tired of people posting insults at our fellow officers. Whether you are a veteran or new here you need to grow up, and keep your comments to yourself. Or cowboy the "F" up and confront the man. Why dont you post something about why you dont confront the man face to face.

DG-dont worry about that guy. He is as wrong as two boys "F"ing in a church. Keep on trucking and stay safe.

11-19-2007, 03:22 AM
Darn I thought I taped my nipple rings down! LOL

Thanks for the support. I don't have a problem with any criticism so long as the person says it to my face or at least lets me know who is making it.

Just like any work place we have our share of good and bad workers, leaders, followers, brave officers and keyboard cowboys. I said it before and I'll say it again, there's no harm in a bit of friendly name calling, hell we do it on the road when we're on duty. However, when you name call and question another officers abilty and dedication anonymously it has gone past the fun stage. If it's true then speak to that person so that they will hopefully improve themself but don't do it in an anonymous insulting manner. Good leaders say what needs to said upfront and clearly. We should all take responsiblity for our actions and try to be leaders or at the very least decent people.

No funny saying to end today.

Be safe, have fun and hug those who are special to you and let them know that you love them.

11-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey JUMP123, how do you know who I am or what I have been involved with? You don't so why don't you get a life A*&hole. I suppose your given name is Jump123. Guess I can find you on the employee roster.

DG sorry for bashing your work ethic or lack of one. My alphabet soup told me to do it.

11-20-2007, 11:28 PM
MORE TRAINING, MORE TRAINING

WE HAVE A RANGE

NIPPLE RINGS DISTRACT I'VE HEARD

11-27-2007, 10:04 AM
I say we all keep and eye out for the americas next top model and nominate DG for the spot on the show!
Speaking of the Nipple rings... is that why he was rubbing up on me at the range?
We have a new policy here at the Miramar PD. All model will cover their faces due to the possibility of offending someone who is not as attractive. Oh and it'll be a polyester covering not cotton.

11-27-2007, 10:28 AM
The teacher has rung the bell little boy-recess is over. Grow up! Do your job and shut up! Worry about you and your short comings- its obvious that you have quite a few. Lets start with emotional immaturity!

11-27-2007, 01:37 PM
I say we all keep and eye out for the americas next top model and nominate DG for the spot on the show!
Speaking of the Nipple rings... is that why he was rubbing up on me at the range?
We have a new policy here at the Miramar PD. All model will cover their faces due to the possibility of offending someone who is not as attractive. Oh and it'll be a polyester covering not cotton.

I have to admit that was quite funny LOL

Todays saying shall be .............

Lead me not into temptation
I can find it myself :twisted: