PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 State LEO Agencies Standings

11-07-2007, 02:20 AM
Top 10 state agencies:

1) FDLE
2) FHP
3) ABT (Not necessary, local/county law enforcement could do the job)
4) Insurance
5) Fire Marshal
6) Attorney General
7) DOT
8) FWC
9) DEP

Regardless, the state could merge DEP & FWC, FHP & DOT, and get rid of ABT. The couple of good agents (actual investigators) who work for the agency could be absorbed by FDLE. I met a couple of good ones in Miami.

11-07-2007, 03:05 AM
Top 10 state agencies:

1) FDLE
2) FHP
4) Insurance
5) Fire Marshal
6) Attorney General
7) DOT
8) FWC
9) DEP

Regardless, the state could merge DEP & FWC, FHP & DOT, and get rid of ABT. The couple of good agents (actual investigators) who work for the agency could be absorbed by FDLE. I met a couple of good ones in Miami.

Does it matter? That says it all. To answer your question, NO, it does not matter.

11-07-2007, 04:16 AM
Top 10 state agencies:

1) FDLE
2) FHP
4) Insurance
5) Fire Marshal
6) Attorney General
7) DOT
8) FWC
9) DEP

Let the industry absorb ABT. They are the ones running the show anyway. As I see it the administration, some majors and captains are intrigued by and are in constant contact with the "industry." Wonder why?! Go figure...see no evil, hear no evil...let alone speak!

Mod 361
11-07-2007, 04:18 AM
If you really want to nit-pick, you could pretty much get rid of almost every state LE agency. The SO's and PD's can take care of most specializations without state assistance. The bottom line is, as stated by another author in a different post, we exist because the industry wants us to. We are essentially a necessary evil to them. DFS investigators exist for the same reason. The AG's Office medicaid unit exists due to federal requirements. FDLE started as a sort of intra-county taskforce composed of Deputies.

As far as I'm concerned, individual departments can't be justified, but one Florida State Police could. ONE entity to perform ALL of the already existent tasks.

11-07-2007, 04:19 PM
If you do away with ABT, you throw literally billions in State revenue out the window. We are the second biggest revenue generator in the State (behind only DOR - sales tax). What legislator would sign that bill??

11-07-2007, 11:42 PM
If you do away with ABT, you throw literally billions in State revenue out the window. We are the second biggest revenue generator in the State (behind only DOR - sales tax). What legislator would sign that bill??

You dont need LEO's to be able to get tax revenues. All you need is the Bur. Of Licensing to License and Auditing to get the tax dollars. The enforcement work CAN be done by the locals and proably should be done by the locals.

11-08-2007, 01:51 AM
OK, so the locals could have special units to run kids and enforce beverage law... oh wait they do... US !!!

08-01-2008, 03:58 AM
I think ABT is just keen and should be the only law enforcement agency in the whole state. Oh yeah, with Dexter at the helm as director/chief. Dexter for President!

09-30-2008, 04:02 AM
Top 10 state agencies:

1) FDLE
2) FHP
4) Insurance
5) Fire Marshal
6) Attorney General
7) DOT
8) FWC
9) DEP

To many agencies in this crazy state. Don't forget Capitol Police as well. Insane! Please merge some together Florida!!