PDA

View Full Version : 12 hr shifts

11-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Why don't we try 12 or 11 hr shifts?

It's in the new contract. All we have to do is approach the administration.

I think approx 85% (if not more) of the coppers would be for it.

11-06-2007, 06:54 PM
How do we get this going?

12-02-2007, 08:10 AM
no 12 hour shifts. End of discussion.

12-02-2007, 01:50 PM
It is Not in the contract. Lake Worth is between unions therefore you dumbasses have caused yoiur contract to be fozen.

12-02-2007, 07:05 PM
ALOT TO THINK ABOUT Let's start things out right, the chief wants the 12 hour shifts becuase he see's it as a way to save money in hopes to save his job and the department going to the SO. Don't think he does not talk to other chief's around the county and see how much they saved. He thew most of us aside a long time ago why should we help him save his job.

Remember that this is also something that works in our favor getting the city to go to the SO becuase it's about saving money along with having better management , and if we keep giving them , the city salutions to save money then they won't have to look at the SO, let's don't give up our options we will get these shifts when the SO takes over.

I and most of us don't have a problem with the 12 hour shifts but if the city is going to save between 2 million dollars a year (est ) just like West Palm Beach , Boynton Beach and other agengies have by going to these shifts we the officers should get some of the savings.

Also we need to think that if we get the 12 hours shifts and you call in sick , take a comp day or take a vaction day the city is going to deduct 12 hours not 8 , maybe instead of getting a raise for the deal we can work out that when we take any days off will be only deducted 8 hours instead of 12 , this way it won't cost the city anything up front and we get something in return.

I would also like to aid that it is not the unions falt that they haven't sat down with the city yet on this matter but the dates that the city are free doesn't work with Joe's shcedule as he will be on vacation and out of town.Remenber when the chief was on vacation he didn't come in for us to discuss matters so why should we do it for him.

We also need to stop the little guy's from running into the chief's office with things they want , there not reps and they shouldn't be side stepping the union and I know for a fact the PBA will not let this happen when and if they take over. I do belive that for the chief to allow this is a unfair labor practice , as he can only talk contract issues with the union or reps that hold the contract.

Also the PBA has said that the old reps RF, MC, TB that were responcible for having the FOP come in will not be able to run as PBA reps and it was lucky they were even allowed to rejoin the PBA.
We have alot to look foward to and we should bargin smart looking at all the pros and cons and always getting something in return that's why they call it bargining .

12-02-2007, 10:10 PM
yes------ 12 hour shifts but on our terms not the chiefs

12-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Yes, think how much better off Microsoft would be if the employees tried to stop everything Bill Gates wanted to do.

Lets continue to complain. It should make everything much better for everyone.

12-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Remember...I made you therefore I can break you. That is the answer to your Microsoft analogy computer nerd! :lol:

12-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah, let’s not get fooled by the facts.
Just because the city and S.O are no longer talking about a merger does not mean that it will not happen by January 1st, or the 2nd, or the 3rd, or maybe in February, but it will happen soon ( I have a dream…). From what I understand; the county commission will jump at the chance to suck up our city pension. Look at all the tax base it will bring the county.
Is it 11 or 12 hr shifts that we are talking about?
I think only the “old” cops deserve weekends off. “New” cops need to be quiet. We too will get weekends off in a few years. I say we stick together and tell them “NO” to 11 hr shifts. I’m willing to work for years on 8 hr shifts with little to know chance of betting a Friday or Saturday off just to prove my point. I can always call in sick. I like being the only department in the county (except for that 9 man department by the ocean) with 8 hr shifts. I like running short on officers every night. Makes us a unique little department.
Who thought of that 11 hr crap anyhow? I mean; 4 on and 4 off …..with alternating days off….how dare they! Don’t even get me started about the ½ hr briefing and ½ hr lunch part. If I only “work” for 10 hrs I want 3 days off not 4. What are they thinking; trying to force this 8 hrs of training a month down by throat. Who does this really help? Training is for babies. I can learn all I need to know in the hallways. If they had wanted me to know it they would have “learned it to me” with that fancy book learning at the academy. If this is such a great deal, why is that only Jupiter P.D has it? Everybody knows Jupiter is the pits. Don’t even think of trying it for 6 months. Don’t even think about meeting with the city to finding out the facts. Trust what you’re told by the certain few who claim to know. Those guys have your best interest at heart. If you want a weekend off sometime ask one of them to switch with you. We should have signed that contract that they tried to sneak through. It only took $4,000 from my pocket over 3 years. I’m sure they gave up just as much if not more. After all it saved the city money, right.
We all know this city has got a lot of money! Last year the city spent almost $1,000,000 in overtime. With us going to 11 hr shifts the city will save around $2,000,000 - $3,000,000 or so some people say. Don’t ask about the facts or the math; just take their word for it. Don’t look at the city budget. Blind trust is good……
Stay strong and don’t meet with the city. Don’t see what they have to say. Fight the power. They may try and confuse us with some pesky facts. I don’t want to know the facts. I’ve heard all I need to know in the hallways.

SAY “NO”, STAY EIGHTS. That will show em.

The truth is nobody knows the FACTS when it comes to the S.O merger or 11 hr shifts.
Learn the FACTS. A little information is a dangerous thing…………

Does anyone know what a red eye is…….(hint: you can sometimes see one in the middle of a “pressed ham”) That’s me!!

12-03-2007, 10:58 PM
What a 20...He even makes Randy Orkin looks smart. :twisted:

12-04-2007, 12:36 AM
What, that the best you got. No atack on my wife or children. Whats wrong with you.
Come on. I disagree with you, bring on the all out assault......

12-04-2007, 01:30 AM
dude your just not that important call your shrink maybe he can perscribe sonething if Lake Worth has beaten you down Burger King is hiring

12-04-2007, 01:42 AM
11 hr shifts , here we come. First we get rid of the FOP and their so called reps.

12-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Get a feel for other agency 11.5 / 12 hour shifts....

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=40361