PDA

View Full Version : City Manager

10-31-2007, 03:20 PM
I read today that the city manager is in the running for a position in Kansas. It's obvious that he see's the handwriting on the wall. This city is a sinking ship. Our supposed saviour, Mr. Miller, the one who promised 5 cop's a year for the next 5 years, is bailing under a cloud of secrecy. What's next? We have openings that we can't fill because of lack of qualified applicants, or better yet, key administrators too caught up with personal agendas to see the big picture. We're the only department in Pasco County that doesn't have a take home car policy, and we still work 8 hour shift's with crappy changing days off. Our pay scale is no longer competitive, and we have no raise/contract proposal in sight. Why don't you people speak up? Do you think that the administration is going to find out who you are? Their too busy monitoring their DROP accounts. We're suffering from poor management and poor supervision. Get out now or get involved in positive change for the future of this potentitally great department. Anyone dare to comment?

11-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Dont think the SO is any better off. You all had better not jump ship until after the next election!

11-02-2007, 01:18 AM
I also read the city manager may be leaving. I guess he is the top candidate for the Kansas job. If he thinks he would be better off there, I wish him the best of luck. He isn't the first person to leave here for what appear to be greener pastures, I am sure he won't be the last. I don't think our city is a sinking ship. Am I overly happy with our situation? No. Could it be worse? Yes. 5 cops a year for 5 years. Yes, I heard that one too. Did I believe it? No. I have said it before, and I will say it again, don't believe it unless you see it in writing. If you do see it in writing, make a copy. Several copies. It is called a paper trail. You don't usually get one on empty promises or hollow threats. Lack of qualified applicants. Is that our fault? Or does it fall back on the academies, run by colleges, which are a business, there to make money? I personally don't want a take home car. I don't have any parking space left at my house. And I don't want people knocking on my door with problems because they see a police car, only so I can tell them to call the Sheriff's Office. Besides, with the cost of gas, do you really think they want to spend money for you to drive back and forth to work on top of the cost of the extra cars? If you remember, Ed King wanted us to turn off the engines if we were parked doing paper to save gas. We can't work anything but 8 hour shifts. It is hard enough to get people to show up to work now, how would we cover another shift when they need to take off to go to a concert, or football game, or play golf, or god forbid they sneezed so they had to call in sick. We all signed on knowing what the hours and schedule were, deal with it. Pay scale. Hmmmm. I personally think we get paid quite well for the area we work in. But I make enough money for me to get by. Some guys don't and need more money. Not to say I wouldn't turn down more money, I am not stupid. If you worked in the station, and didn't have to deal with the crap on the street daily, would you leave, or stay and go into DROP? Administration has their own problems to deal with. They have bosses they report to also. If they could make whatever changes they could to better this department, without going through city hall, don't you think they would try to make things better? Do they seem to bust our stones about stupid things sometimes? Yes. Do we do stupid things to give them ammo to fire away with? Yes. I am on mids. Been there for most of the past 2 years. I (and the Sgt.) get roasted about things that happen at night more than you know. Why, probably because no one from Admin is there to see it first hand. Is it fair? No. Do other supervisors get treated differently? In my opinion, yes. The contract. I don't know what to tell you about that. I haven't heard anything first hand, only hearsay. You would think we would get updates about the status on that issue, but those of you who know, know. As far as poor supervision. I guess I am guilty of that as much as anyone. If anyone knows how I can do a better job, please let me know. I don't get any feedback from Admin, good or bad. So it is difficult for me to adjust to make improvements. Anyone who has a problem with me, or the way I do things, feel free to come to me about it.

For the record it's Cpl. Matthew Berry NPRPD. So there. I dared to comment. With my name. What are they gonna do, promote someone else to Sgt.? They already did that. If I never get promoted again, so be it. I'll work the road for another 11.5 years if I have to. I am not pro-Admin if that is what you took away from this post. I am pro-cop. I am not concerned about our pay, or take home cars, or which stores give you free fountain drinks or coffee (I really don't agree with that by the way). My biggest concern when I come to work is that everyone who comes to work, goes home safe at the end of their shift. I know what just popped into some of your heads. You can go screw. Justin, I am sorry. I can't say that enough. Dan, I am sorry for what happened to you at the DTL. I feel totally responsible for both of those incidents, and no matter what anyone says about it, they can't make me feel worse about it than I already do.

So, NPRBLUE, if you're such a tough guy, and aren't afraid to voice your opinions, why not post YOUR name.

11-04-2007, 06:53 PM
WELL GUYS I HAVE TO AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU ON THIS ONE. CPL I DONT THINK NPRBLUE IS TALKING TRASH I THINK HE IS JUST TRYING TO OPEN OUR EYES. ITS NOT THAT THE PD IS A BAD PLACE TO WORK AND ALL IS NOT BAD. NPRBLUE IS A PROACTIVE GUYS AND JUST WANTS THE AGENCY TO BE THE BEST THAT IT CAN BE. NPRBLUE HAS DONE ALOT FOR OUR AGENCY AND YES I KNOW WHO YOU ARE NPRBLUE. NPRBLUE IS ALSO FOR THE TROOPS. YOU ARE RIGHT WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED OUR RAISES LIKE WE HAVE IN THE PAST AND YES WE ARE JUST A LITTLE BEHIND TIMES ON SOME THINGS. I HAVE A TAKE HOME CAR AND ITS NOT ALL ITS CRACKED UP TO BE. IM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE MATT SOMETIMES ITS MORE OF A PAIN IN THE BUTT BUT ALOT OF PEOPLE WANT THEM AND ITS JUST ONE MORE REASON THAT GOOD PEOPLE AND GOOD COPS MAY JUST SHIP TO OUR AGENCY AND THATS WHAT WE NEED. WE ALL HAVE OUR TIMES WHERE WE FIGHT LIKE SCHOOL GIRLS (YEA THAT WAS FOR ME AND YOU MATT) BUT IN A HOLE WE DO A GREAT JOB TOGTHER AND AS A TEAM. I THINK WITH A FULL STAFF AND A FEW EXTRA BODIES WE WILL HAVE THE CHANCE FOR 12 HOUR DAYS WHICH IS A BIG PLUS.

AS FAR AS SUPERVISIORS YES SOME JUST NEED TO PACK THIER BAGS AND GO WE DONT NEED TO TALK TRASH ITS JUST TIME FOR THEM TO HANG UP THE BELT. I THINK MATT HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD THE NEWER SUPERVISIORS DONT GET ANY FEED BACK OTHER THAN YELLED AT AND TOLD THEY fu*&ED UP OR THEY ARE TOLD WHAT TO DO BUT WITH NO EXPLINATION. (FOR ME AND YOU AGAIN MATT) ADMIN DOES A GOOD JOB DO I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING THAT THEY DO OR SAY HELL NO.
HONESTLY IM GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU STILL A HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE MATT YOU HAVE GOTTEN THE SHAFT ALOT OVER THE YEARS.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT NPRBLUE IS RIGHT WE NEED TO SPEAK UP AND SEE IF WE CAN MAKE A GOOD AGENCY A GREAT AGENCY TO WORK FOR. COME ON ALL YOU FU&%CKERS KNOW THAT WE HAVE A GOOD TIME ON MIDS. BEING AT THE SO A BIT I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH WE ARE MUCH BETTER OFF.

YEAH ALOT ARE GONNA SAY THAT I HAVE A SWEET GIG AND IM NOT THE ONE HUMPIN CALLS ALL DAY EVERYDAY. YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT BUT I PUT MY NAME IN TO GET THE DOG WHEN YOU DIDNT SO DONT SIT BACK AND RUN YOUR MOUTH. IM STILL OUT THERE WITH YOU GUYS AND SEE WHAT YOU GUYS DEAL WITH. IM TRYING TO HELP MAKE IT BETTER FOR THE TROOPS. THE GUYS 10-65ing ARE WHAT MAKE UP THE HEART OF THE AGENCY.

AND MATT I DONT BLAME YOU FOR WHAT HAPPINED. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT IT HAPPINED IM STILL HERE TO MAKE WAVES FOR YOU ON THE ROAD AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. ITS THE PRICE OF DOING BUSINESS. OH AND DONT THINK I WONT BE GIVING YOU SH*T FOR THE NEXT 11 YEARS ABOUT THIS ONE

11-04-2007, 09:47 PM
5 COPS A YEAR FOR 5 YEARS.... THATS A LITTLE UNLIKEY BUT IF YOU KEEP RUNNING PEOPLE OVER WE WILL HAVE -2 FOR THE YEAR SO FAR :) THATS ALWAYS A PLUS.
EVERYONE IS PRAYING THAT 806 STAYS JUST TO MAKE SURE CLOSE IS THE NEXT SERGEANT BECAUSE YOU SUCK!!!
NEXT TOPIC: WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR CRASH REVIEW BOARD FOR MOWING DOWN TWO OFFICERS IN A CITY PATROL CAR....
THERE IS TWO STORIES ON HOW THE CRASH HAPPENED!!! WHICH OFFICER IS LYING?
YOU ALWAYS CALL 801 WHEN STUFF HAPPENS IN THEIR PERSONAL LIFE MATT!!!! DO WE CALL 801 WHEN CITY VEHICLES ARE IN YOUR GARAGE???
IF YOU WERE IN DROP MAKING 60K A YEAR, WOULD YOU LEAVE? I WOULDN'T.
WITH THAT SAID IN MIND I SAY CORPORAL CLOSE FOR SERGEANT!!!!!!!!

SIGNED,
THE SPEAKER OF THE TRUTH

MBerryNPRPD
11-05-2007, 04:27 AM
I don't really think NPRBLUE was talking trash. I was just busing his chops. I know he means well. Yes Justin, we have had our moments, and I am sure we will have more over the next 11 years. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's good to get it out sometimes, at least we seem to be able to get past it and move on. I am not against 12 hour shifts. I just don't see how we can do it with the current staffing. Who wouldn't want to have more time off. If we could get enough people, and maybe a 2nd K9, then you wouldn't be on call all the time either. I am not sure my attitude is "positive". I just know things could be a lot worse than they are. I try to stay "positive", it just isn't always that easy. But that happens no matter where you are or what you do. Justin, they couldn't pay me enough to do what you do. But you are right, no one else put in for the K9 spot, so......

Welcome Brother Blue. It is nice to know there is a new member of the fan club.

If 806 wants to keep working, why should he leave? More power to him. If I were him I would stay the whole 5. He has more resolve than some people around the PD give him credit for. And if Cpl. Close is the next Sgt., great. I don't have a problem with Cpl. Close. I thought he was going to get the Cpl. position when I did. I am sorry a spot didn't open up for him sooner, I just couldn't pass it up when it was offered to me.

As far as I know the crash review board is over. I have a letter in my desk. Unless you know something I don't.

Sometimes I really miss the old PD with the big orange table and fancy wood paneling. Ahhh the good ole' days.......

11-06-2007, 11:18 PM
FIRST OFF: I WOULD LIKE TO ADDRESS THAT I'M NOT PART OF YOUR FAN CLUB.
SECOND: YOU ASKED IN YOUR FIRST POST "HOW YOU CAN DO YOUR JOB BETTER"?? WELL SINCE YOU ASKED I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I THINK BOTHER THE TROOPS

THIRD: STOP RUNNING PEOPLE YOU WORK WITH ON D.A.V.I.D.
LOOKING FOR SUSPENDED D.L.'S....... I NEVER KNEW CHARLIE CRIST ASKED YOU TO ME THE MONITOR OF F.C.S.D.L. ( FLORIDA COPS SUSPENED DRIVER LICENSES )
BUT WHAT HAPPENED WITH THAT INCIDENT??? YOU HAD TO TELL ADMIN. THAT YOUR IN IDIOT AND RAN SOMEONES DL YOU WORK WITH.

THIRD: YOU PULL FAMILY MEMBERS/ GIRLFRIEND/WIFES/HUSBANDS UP ON D.A.V.I.D. AND MAKE INAPPROPRIATE COMMENTS THAT OFFEND PEOPLE YOU WORK WITH.
IF YOU NEED TO SEE OUR HUSBANDS OR WIFES THAT BAD COME TO THE X-MAS PARTY IN DEC SO YOU DON'T THINK YOUR MISSING ANYTHING.
NEXT: WHY WOULD YOU GET ON HERE AND BELITTLE THE SERGEANT IN CHARGE OF THE CONTRACT??IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IT THEN GO ASK HIM AND STOP SAYING " YOU WOULD THINK WE WOULD GET UPDATES" LET ME PRINT OUT WHAT YOU WROTE
AND MY LAST STATEMENT IS: YOU GET TREATED LIKE EVERY OTHER SUPERVISOR DOES IN THIS DEPARTMENT. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHY YOU FEEL YOU DON'T " TOUGH GUY "

Do other supervisors get treated differently? In my opinion, yes. The contract. I don't know what to tell you about that. I haven't heard anything first hand, only hearsay. (You would think we would get updates about the status on that issue,) but those of you who know, know. As far as poor supervision. I guess I am guilty of that as much as anyone. If anyone knows how I can do a better job, please let me know. I don't get any feedback from Admin, good or bad. So it is difficult for me to adjust to make improvements. Anyone who has a problem with me, or the way I do things, feel free to come to me about it.

AND ONCE AGAIN I SAY SERGEANT CLOSE FOR 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIGNED
THE SPEAKER OF THE TRUTH.

11-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Brother Blue...Speaker of the truth....what do your posts have to do with the original topic of City Manager? If you are truly a brother, you will focus on your own issues rather than blame and fault others for your unhappiness. If you have any viable solutions to the situations you are encountering, please come forward with them. Otherwise, you appear to be just as much a part of the problem.
Those in law enforcement know how stressful this job can be. Why must the family foster such resentment toward one another? It seems so petty and pathetic to hold grudges against brothers and sisters who have to back you up in life or death situations on a daily basis. Why rehash old news? Why point out the mistakes of others? Insecurity and/or lack of self esteem are usually the culprits behind such actions. If we were to take the energy we dedicate to ill will and hostility and invest it in ourselves in a positive manner, what a difference we could all make!
We only pass through this world once. Why not make the best of what we have been given and use our talents for good instead of evil?

11-08-2007, 03:37 PM
People, my last post was made out of anger and frustration, and things I said can't be taken back. We have the potential to be a great department. We have some really good cop's, and we need to recruit more of the same. Let's stop knocking each other down. I still stand behind my feelings that we need strong leadership from the top to guide us into the future, and we're not receiving it. Keep posting, but try to keep it positive, I will do the same. To 811, you called me out, and I respect you for that. For obvious reasons, I can't reveal my identity. Stay safe, and watch each other's back. NPRBLUE.

11-09-2007, 01:01 AM
NPRBLUE GLAD THAT YOU GOT IT ALL OFF YOUR CHEST. SOMETIMES THATS ALL IT TAKES IS TO LET IT OUT AND VENT. THERE REALLY IS NO NEED FOR PEPOLE TO SAY WHO THEY ARE. ITS AN INTERNET FORUM AND IF YOU NEED TO VENT HERE THAN MORE POWER TO YA. JUST SO YOU KNOW I DO ENJOY READING SOME OF THE COMMENTS YOU ADD.

11-09-2007, 01:06 AM
WHERE IS BLACKOPS BEEN? I LOVE THAT GUY

01-18-2008, 05:47 PM
I DONT KNOW WHO BLACK OPS IS. BUT LET ME TELL YOU THIS. READING ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS MAKES ME REALIZE. I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE JOB BACK AT THE SHERIFFS OFFICE. I WILL MOST LIKELY BE PUTTING IN MY TWO WEEKS SOON. THE S.O. NEEDS PEOPLE BAD AND I CAN WRITE MY OWN TICKET THERE. I HAVE NOTICED IN THE SHORT TIME I HAVE BEEN AT THIS AGENCY THAT THINGS GO AWAY DEPEDING ON WHO YOU ARE. IT SEEMS NOBODY LIKES WORKING HERE AND YOUR RIGHT THE SCHEDULE SUCKS, COME ON 8 HR SHIFTS, NO TAKE HOME CARS WHAT IS THIS THE 70's. IF I STAY I WILL BE PUSHING A SMURF BLUE AND WHITE ( BOY THAT LOOKS TUFF ) FOR THE NEXT, GOD KNOWS HOW LONG. IM SURE PEOPLE WILL SAY I KNEW ALL OF THIS WHEN I STARTED. WELL I WAS TOLD WHEN I WAS HIRED THAT I SHOULD NOT BE CONCERNED WITH THE HRS OR CAR BECAUSE WE WILL MOST LIKELY BE GOING TO TWELVE HR SHIFTS AND ARE TRYING TO GET TAKE HOME CARS. THAT WAS A LIE TO KEEP ME HERE SINCE THE CANDIDATE LIST SUCKS.. DO PEOPLE REALIZE THE AGENCY HAS TWO SUPERVISORS FOR THREE TO FOUR PATROL OFFICERS. WHAT A JOKE. WE DUI COPS THAT ARE GREAT GUYS BUT COME ON. THESE GUYS SPEND MOST OF THE TIME WORKING OTHER SHIFTS DOING EVERYTHING BUT DUI. I WOUNDER WHAT THE STATE GRANT PEOPLE WOULD THINK ABOUT THAT. I HEARD THAT WE HAVE THREE STREET CRIMES COPS. WHO AND WHERE ARE THEY. OUR COP UNIT, AGAIN GREAT GUYS BUT I HAVE TOLD BY MANY PEOPLE THEY HAVE CONTACTED THE COP UNIT AND THEY WERE TOLD THEY DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO DEAL WITH THE COMPLAINT AT THIS TIME AND THEY WILL BE CONTACTED AT A LATER TIME. " NEVER" I KNOW AT THE S.O. THE COP UNIT IS A REAL COP UNIT NOT A COVERUP POSITION. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY ARE LIKE DETECTIVES WITH MARKED UNIFORMES AND NO TAKEHOME CARS, AGAIN WHAT A JOKE. OUR BELOVED PBA REP. IS JUST AN ADMIN. WITH STRIPES, COME ON WHO DO YOU THINK HE IS WORKING FOR. THINK ABOUT IT ADMIN. HAS A MOLE.. REMEMDER THIS THE CPL'S WANT TO BE SGT'S WHEN YOU "TALK". OH YEA CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEW ALCOHOLIC, SIG 1 DAILY, CITY MANAGER. MAN I HOPE HE DONT GET STOPPED OR IN A SIG 4 THAT WOULD BE SOME BAD P.R. FOR THE CITY. ITS A GOOD THING HE IS PRO COP HE WILL BE GOOD FOR NPRPD. WELL IM TIRED OF COMPLAINING AND ONE NOTE I KNOW ALL THE COPS AT N.P.R. ARE DOWN TO EARTH AND GOOD PEOPLE. I GUESS THAT OPEN DOOR POLICY IS BULL BECAUSE MOST TGHE TIME THE DOOR IS CLOSED AND LOCKED. YOU KNOW THOSE ALL IMPORTANT GOLF OUTINGS. WHO HANDLES OUR I.A.s I HEARD THE ASST CHIEF. THATS IS REALLY FUNNY. DO WE WORK IN MAYBURY WITH SHERIFF ANDY GRIFFITH. WITH ALL OF THIS BEING SAID I LOVE MY JOB EVERY DAY I COME TO WORK I LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEW DRAMA ( INTERNAL) OR TOPIC OF THE DAY.

01-18-2008, 07:10 PM
New Cop, you sound like BLACKOPS and I combined. If you're unhappy and frustrated, join the majority. If you're a younger person, go to a big department. Just remember, all department's are f-up. Find a home and stay put. Most of us agree, the blue cars look stupid, but change is upon us. Riding the wave of the DROP can only last so long! See ya later Brooksville Bandit.

01-25-2008, 05:15 AM
COME TO THE WINDOW.... BOOM-thud

01-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Do you all know anybody can read your messages ? Your all making your agency look like a Circus. The other cops on my squad enjoy reading ya'lls comments at our breifings. We just happened to start reading the NPRPD messages because my sector partner clicked on your agency by mistake. Well we have been reading since. Good times!! Please dont stop NPRPD SUPERTROOPERS . By the way New Cop sounds like he/she my need a B.A. Eval.
[/img]

01-28-2008, 11:48 PM
We have our own version of the big top. It stars a clown from Hernando County, the name is Brooksville Bozo!!

03-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Man he did a great job, thank you citizens for paying his over 100,000 paycheck. I cannot figure out why you do not want to get more involved with the money you spend. What did that goofe contribute to your city?