PDA

View Full Version : FAPE communications

10-29-2007, 03:02 AM
This seems to be the place to at least get a little information about the FAPE as the website doesn't seem to get updated! Does anyone know what the latest is on the semi-auto transitioning? Is it going to take place at January's delegates or state comp. 2008?

10-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Its the responsibility of your region VP to take care of this. Bottom line your post should be also doing training on it also. I know we are. :lol:

10-30-2007, 02:40 AM
It would be great if my regional vp could answer this question because im just as confused but I don't think our president knows the answer so the v.p's def. wont.

01-22-2008, 03:46 AM
It was announced to the advisors in the adult meeting at January delegates… April delegates will be held in Seminole County and on Saturday instead of training it will be a firearms safety course and they will be getting the exps. familiar with simi-autos. This is the first step to the transition and I believe states will have both .38 and 9mm but do not quote me on that. I’m sure more info. will be provided by our President… NOT!

01-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Hey VP,

Look at the dates on the previous posts since then we were at the meeting and finally got the info we were looking for. Thanks for being so quick on the answers. Maybe we'll now ask questions about state and they will get answered in July!

01-23-2008, 03:38 AM
It was announced to the advisors in the adult meeting at January delegates… April delegates will be held in Seminole County and on Saturday instead of training it will be a firearms safety course and they will be getting the exps. familiar with simi-autos. This is the first step to the transition and I believe states will have both .38 and 9mm but do not quote me on that. I’m sure more info. will be provided by our President… NOT!

LOL just havin a laugh..How many states will be at STATE comp this year? Just one, so Its not States its State.

So for the posts that are not planning on goin to 9mm saturday will be a free day for them?

And could someone please tell me the reason why we are switching to 9mm? I still have yet to hear a good reason and wish someone could give me one.

01-23-2008, 03:43 AM
Hey VP,

Look at the dates on the previous posts since then we were at the meeting and finally got the info we were looking for. Thanks for being so quick on the answers. Maybe we'll now ask questions about state and they will get answered in July!
If you have a question that you would like to get answered how about going through the appropriate channels by contacting your vice president. I’m sure any of us would be more then happy to answer any and all questions that you may have but some of us do not sit on Leo affairs all day long such as myself but I do check my email daily. If you are unsure of your vice president or their email address feel free to use Floridaexplorers.com and contact them personally. That would be the smart thing to do instead of posting something on a message board that is not directed to anyone in particular. Although I did not post the response written by “VP” that question is something that was just figured out 3 days ago (01-19-08) so it was smart to notify those that may not have herd or could not make it to the delegates meeting considering half of the association wasn’t there. If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me at jpalant@yahoo.com, I can’t make it any easier then this to reach out to those willing to open the lines of communication.

01-26-2008, 07:32 PM

LOL just havin a laugh..How many states will be at STATE comp this year? Just one, so Its not States its State.

So for the posts that are not planning on goin to 9mm saturday will be a free day for them?

And could someone please tell me the reason why we are switching to 9mm? I still have yet to hear a good reason and wish someone could give me one.

Free day?? No I think all the post should be going to the training considering in the future it will be only 9mm. A good reason how about we are training to be law enforcement officers wake up... There are officers being murdered and what are suspects using .38’s or high-powered rifles? Not comparing a 9mm to an AR-15 but for a competition its more practical. Lets face it were not riding horses in the Wild West anymore. Give me a good reason to stay with the .38 other then maybe your girly hands cant handle the recoil on a mans gun.

01-27-2008, 01:38 AM

Free day?? No I think all the post should be going to the training considering in the future it will be only 9mm. A good reason how about we are training to be law enforcement officers wake up... There are officers being murdered and what are suspects using .38’s or high-powered rifles? Not comparing a 9mm to an AR-15 but for a competition its more practical. Lets face it were not riding horses in the Wild West anymore. Give me a good reason to stay with the .38 other then maybe your girly hands cant handle the recoil on a mans gun.

Let me guess you must be one of those explorers that thinks they are the law? you know the ones that utility belts or full to max... We ARE NOT COPS! We are not training to be cops. Thats what the POLICE ACADEMY is for. Law Enforcement Exploring is to expose youth to aspects of Law Enforcement not to TRAIN them to be cops. Officers are murdered with every kind of weapon imaginible. So whats next because they are shot with a high powered rife we are going to train in those and use those for shooting comps? I THINK NOT! Oh and please tell me how a 9mm is a Mans gun? Please its a pea shooter. I've prob been shooting longer than youve been an explorer and I have no problem wraping my hands arround and gun I choose to pick up. .38s are better for marksmanship and that is what we are trying to achieve. Shoot you say 9mm because it is closer to the officer? Well if you wanna go that route why dont we run an obsticle course do a crap load of Calistenics and then shoot at a target? Please tell me in real life what officer has the oppurtunity to shoot 10 rounds in 10mins at a suspect? And if the association was so sure that the future was 9mm then they would make it a requirement and not say well If you want to shoot 9mm at the next delegates ok and if you want to shoot .38 thats fine to. So were gunna have both shooting in the same class.
not every explorer wants to be an officer. Its explorers like those who think they are training to be cops are the ones who give the rest of us bad names. They are the ones that make other people think they are cops they are the ones that have lights and sirens in their cars and give us the bad names.

01-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Well just by reading your post its no wonder your a veteran explorer YOU PROBABLY COULDNT PASS YOUR PHYSC.. your probably the loser that stood up at the daytona delegates and rambled on for 20 minutes about who knows what.... plain and simple this is the smartest this FAPE has done.... show me 10-7 im done w/ Leoaffairs.

01-27-2008, 06:58 PM
lol internet.

01-28-2008, 05:47 AM
Well just by reading your post its no wonder your a veteran explorer YOU PROBABLY COULDNT PASS YOUR PHYSC.. your probably the loser that stood up at the daytona delegates and rambled on for 20 minutes about who knows what.... plain and simple this is the smartest this FAPE has done.... show me 10-7 im done w/ Leoaffairs.

Glad to know you can tell that much about a person by a post in a message board. And no I wasnt even at Daytona's Deleagates. But glad to see that you think someones a loser for standing up and voicing thier views. thats the problem with this association everyones to affraid to stand up and give thier views cause retards like you are gunna talk crap about them. But you still havnt given me a good reason just that its the smartest this FAPE has done.

01-28-2008, 05:51 AM

Glad to know you dont even care about the association to pay attention in the Meetins. Why do you even go? Your just wasting Space for an Explorer that actualy cares about the FAPE.

02-06-2008, 11:11 PM
From what I have heard, it will be a 2 year transition to Semi's. I think they will start pushing more to start converting soon so that there is uniformity in the shooting competitions.

Unfortunately, some posts can't afford the new firearms that aren't provided by the department. I guess it is a new challenge to fund raise even more so that you can change with time.

It is an excellent idea switching to 9mm's, I wish it would have happened earlier though, as seeing a LEO carrying a revolver is a rare sighting.

02-07-2008, 01:16 AM
It is an excellent idea switching to 9mm's, I wish it would have happened earlier though, as seeing a LEO carrying a revolver is a rare sighting.

What does it matter if LEOs carry Revolvers or not. we are not leos.

we get caught too much into the thinking that because a cop is using it we need to aswell. Oh well.

02-07-2008, 03:09 AM

we get caught too much into the thinking that because a cop is using it we need to aswell. Oh well.

Your right totally agree so lets all get back on our horse's and stop using patrol cars, no more radios, oh you defentally no "tasers" in competitation. When are you going to realize we are here to be FUTURE Leo's so lets train like they do!

02-10-2008, 08:02 AM
[quote=Explorer]

Your right totally agree so lets all get back on our horse's and stop using patrol cars, no more radios, oh you defentally no "tasers" in competitation. When are you going to realize we are here to be FUTURE Leo's so lets train like they do![/quote:29gg4lc0]

We Use Tazers in Competition? Wow I guess I missed that! Because I know I sure havnt used one in a Competition.

By the way were not talking about training or comps or what we use in them. We are talking about TARGET shooting. We dont use revolvers in Comps now silly we use RED or BLUE Mans. Shoot we dont even get fake pepper spray or asps.. Maybe we need to have the FAPE buy all this too so that way we can be more like the real officers. Oh lets not forget the cool sunglasses!! Hey lets bring this up in the Next Delegates meeting!!!!! Im sure we can get them to buy all this for us so we can look the real deal!!

02-10-2008, 08:07 AM
the whole point of the explorer program is to learn what the deputies do, and if they carry semi's then wouldn't it make sense to shoot the same guns they do. or hey forget it lets just switch back to billy clubs, .38 specials, and caprice's.

02-10-2008, 08:14 AM
the whole point of the explorer program is to learn what the deputies do, and if they carry semi's then wouldn't it make sense to shoot the same guns they do. or hey forget it lets just switch back to billy clubs, .38 specials, and caprice's.

We do that in the Scenarios we do we train like the officers and use glocks or what not for our trainig in the scenario. But shooting comp is totally diffrent than the regular competition. The only reason people want to switch is because they think they look cool with the 9mm because thats what the officers carry. Everyone is quick to jump on my back and say well lets go back to the wild wild west then and what not, but NO ONE has been able to give a decent answer as to WHY we need to switch. Is the acuracy better with 9mm? Is it cheaper for the FAPE?

02-12-2008, 12:36 AM
It's just a changing of the times. Some people will swear by it that a .38 has better accuracy than a 9mm, but its all about preference. Times are changing, I guess its like some LEO's reminisce about the days in their Chevy Caprice's but they had to give them up because the department was changing. It's a burden for our post because we now have to go allocate the resources for updating our arsenal. It would be practical just to stay with .38's but thats now how it works. It is about what the FAPE people want. Personally, I have shot hundreds of rounds through both guns and I prefer the 9mm because of the larger magazine and how it fits in my hands.

Bottom line its preference.

02-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Having a magazine brings up a good point. Does anyone know what the rule wil be with them? Only load 5 in at one time? Or how is this going to work?

02-16-2008, 10:45 PM
I think there is a lot of information to be brought up at April Delegates which is why they are planning on having a entire day to get all the information out there. For those who arn't happy with the change sorry but WE all voted and a majority wanted the change. If your post didn't vote at delegates for w/e reason thats all your fault and you have no right to complain. Those that did vote sorry if it didn't go the way you wanted thats life!

02-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Voting in this association is a joke.. How many times now have we voted on night scenarios and now we get them? I'm surprised were not still voting on these 9s.

02-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Well we all owe thanks to our wonderful X president for that... Maybe if he paid attention in the meetings which are held the night prior to the Delegates meeting he would have realized the voting was ONLY for the adult board half the time, but he took it upon himself to conduct a youth vote..... I guess we all know why he didn't make it.

02-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Well we all owe thanks to our wonderful X president for that... Maybe if he paid attention in the meetings which are held the night prior to the Delegates meeting he would have realized the voting was ONLY for the adult board half the time, but he took it upon himself to conduct a youth vote..... I guess we all know why he didn't make it.

I dont understand where you mean the voting was for the adult board half the time? Anything that has to do with the association needs to and should also go through the youth seeing as its our association not the adults.

02-19-2008, 02:35 AM
True, but many time these issue's are brought to the adult board prior to get their views and work out the details before coming to us. We usually just vote yes or no which is after all the details have been presented. That's why we end up voting on the same issue multiple times.

02-20-2008, 04:47 AM
True, but many time these issue's are brought to the adult board prior to get their views and work out the details before coming to us. We usually just vote yes or no which is after all the details have been presented. That's why we end up voting on the same issue multiple times.

Ok I see what you mean.